Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordy back in training 19:21 - Jan 17 with 2589 viewssprocket

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-defender-de-wijs-returns-to-training-but

just thinking... to my uneducated mind we have 5 CB (Jordy + Masterson) which should be enough. Famous last words. If it was me I would be racking and stacking strikers (Nahki).
Jordy back in training on 19:30 - Jan 17 with 2530 viewsStainrod

Don't quite understand that article (not sprocket's comments but the West London Sport piece).

It says Fulham won't let Mawson go to us but implies they might let him go to Brum?

If so, why? Is it because we only want a loan and Brum can afford to buy? Or is it that they simply don't want to help us?

Confused of Kent.

Mawson from what I have seen is much better than the Brum player IMHO, tho in fairness haven't seen a huge amount of the latter so might be talking rubbish
Jordy back in training on 19:34 - Jan 17 with 2501 viewsDavieQPR

If Fulham have a slump then they would have been strengthening a competitor.
Jordy back in training on 19:40 - Jan 17 with 2478 viewsLazyFan

Jordy back in training on 19:34 - Jan 17 by DavieQPR

If Fulham have a slump then they would have been strengthening a competitor.

Yes agreed.
They now realise the importance of JoJo, they will give us nothing now.

Still, if they sign another CB, this must mean Masterson is done. As why keep him if your never gonna play him?

zzzzzzzzzz

Jordy back in training on 19:49 - Jan 17 with 2436 viewsHastings_Hoops

Jordy back in training on 19:30 - Jan 17 by Stainrod

Don't quite understand that article (not sprocket's comments but the West London Sport piece).

It says Fulham won't let Mawson go to us but implies they might let him go to Brum?

If so, why? Is it because we only want a loan and Brum can afford to buy? Or is it that they simply don't want to help us?

Confused of Kent.

Mawson from what I have seen is much better than the Brum player IMHO, tho in fairness haven't seen a huge amount of the latter so might be talking rubbish

They see us as more of a threat than WBA.
Jordy back in training on 21:23 - Jan 17 with 2185 viewsdmm

Warburton has already said he wants Masterson to go out on another loan for the rest of the season.
Jordy back in training on 15:15 - Jan 18 with 1752 viewsfrancisbowles

Jordy back in training on 19:40 - Jan 17 by LazyFan

Yes agreed.
They now realise the importance of JoJo, they will give us nothing now.

Still, if they sign another CB, this must mean Masterson is done. As why keep him if your never gonna play him?

As has been illustrated on this forum recently, Masterson is still inexperienced in terms of first team appearances at any level.
Jordy back in training on 15:33 - Jan 18 with 1698 viewsParkRoyalR

Jordy back in training on 21:23 - Jan 17 by dmm

Warburton has already said he wants Masterson to go out on another loan for the rest of the season.

Slightly concerned on the Mawson link as appreciate Warburton likes a ball playing centre-half but we already have two of these in Dickie & Barbet.

Dunne has shown in recent games that he can also travel with the ball and distribute from the back.

Dunne is key to this defence improving imo as now he's taking the lead role, and with Field in front, we are much improved defensively. I like ball-playing centre halves but you can't easily buy what Dunne has, that certain extra 'you going no where' similar to his namesake Richard.
Jordy back in training on 15:36 - Jan 18 with 1683 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jordy back in training on 15:33 - Jan 18 by ParkRoyalR

Slightly concerned on the Mawson link as appreciate Warburton likes a ball playing centre-half but we already have two of these in Dickie & Barbet.

Dunne has shown in recent games that he can also travel with the ball and distribute from the back.

Dunne is key to this defence improving imo as now he's taking the lead role, and with Field in front, we are much improved defensively. I like ball-playing centre halves but you can't easily buy what Dunne has, that certain extra 'you going no where' similar to his namesake Richard.

We're starting to be in a position now where we can try and get both. All three of our CBs are as brave as lions AND can pass the ball too. Saturday proved that!

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Jordy back in training on 16:17 - Jan 18 with 1612 viewsParkRoyalR

Jordy back in training on 15:36 - Jan 18 by Antti_Heinola

We're starting to be in a position now where we can try and get both. All three of our CBs are as brave as lions AND can pass the ball too. Saturday proved that!

True, all brave, but Dunne has that extra physicality and aggression where he wins the grapple + wrestle first, then thinks about the ball.

Rate Barbet & Dickie, but not sure they have the same natural strength that Dunne has, or that inclination to rag-doll someone and chuck them in the back of the net, as he did in a game a while back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024