Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kids at HQ 22:51 - Feb 11 with 2228 viewsThe_Beast1976

Never had any kids myself, but thinking of bringing my nephew to HQ soon. He is 6yrs old. Is that possibly too young to take an interest and understand what's going on? Would Lower Loft be best (not been in Lower Loft since I stood in there every game throughout early 90s)? Just weighing it up. Cheers for any info/opinions.
Kids at HQ on 23:00 - Feb 11 with 2197 viewsloftboy

Took mine from that age, all loved it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Kids at HQ on 23:37 - Feb 11 with 2149 viewsstowmarketrange

Lower loft is probably the best place to take the kids into.There is a play area under the stand and loads of room to work off some excess energy.Just don’t bother too much with the hot(?) food in the kiosks upstairs.If it rains there are normally spare seats under cover.And you get quite close to the players as they’re warming up,and the mascots too.
Kids at HQ on 23:45 - Feb 11 with 2131 viewsBoston

Brought my kids younger than that, didn't really care if they enjoyed it, I was having a great time.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Kids at HQ on 23:49 - Feb 11 with 2127 viewsBoston

Oh yeah, didn't put 'em off, they all still have an interest, some more than others mind. Brought nieces and nephews as well, all follow the R's 'till this day and, as a few of you know....we don't have any issues re supporting other teams in my family, we are all QPR.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2022 23:50]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Kids at HQ on 00:34 - Feb 12 with 2085 viewsJamesB1979

I took my eldest when he was 5 I think. I don’t think he really enjoyed it much until 9. But then others have said their kids were find at 5/6. Won’t know until you try of course. My son whilst not enjoying it, loves qpr and football so didn’t put him off that’s for sure!
Kids at HQ on 05:56 - Feb 12 with 1995 viewsCabdriveR

I take my little boy who’s 5. We go to the pitches on South Africa Rd before the game where the club put on loads of games for the kids and they can have a kick about. The staff are really engaging and will make sure your kid gets a go at whatever they want to play. As mentioned there’s a family activity centre under the lower loft where you can do some drawing, play with Lego, the staff in there will give you a bingo type list of things to spot during the game.

Tech and sweets just in case the game goes flat 😅
Kids at HQ on 06:20 - Feb 12 with 1981 viewsnix

My kids have been coming since they were five. They've loved it. The singing and the noise and the excitement. Even Jude the cat. Both of them still come now and are true Rs fans as adults. Their friends are variously Brentford, Fulham and Scum fans, and have also been going for years.

Definitely give it a go.
Kids at HQ on 08:53 - Feb 12 with 1875 viewsdavman

Kids at HQ on 06:20 - Feb 12 by nix

My kids have been coming since they were five. They've loved it. The singing and the noise and the excitement. Even Jude the cat. Both of them still come now and are true Rs fans as adults. Their friends are variously Brentford, Fulham and Scum fans, and have also been going for years.

Definitely give it a go.

Yep, Aaron was 6 and free - win, win. It's all about how you sell it to them. Can honestly say he has engaged in the football from the off; if he was ever on his phone during the game, I'd stop coming with him.

He has seen such sh1te over the last 10 years, I am so happy he is seeing this team; I had a decent one at his age, glad he has finally experienced that. 20th game of the season today at Barnsley.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Kids at HQ on 09:36 - Feb 12 with 1833 viewsLanhoop

6/7 is perfect and LL is best. Allow time for him to do the Fans Zone thing, go to the shop, get a program get in the ground a little early so he can stand at the front and watch some of the warmup, bring plenty of treats to keep him amused when needed. He'll be a fan for life if you do it well.
Kids at HQ on 09:51 - Feb 12 with 1820 viewsStreathamRanger

Mine started aged 4 and 5. They love it and their younger brother can't wait to join them. Lower Loft the best bet but I'd recommend against seats which aren't undercover unless you're buying day before or on the day and you know the weather is going to be fine. Nothing worse than sitting in the rain for 2 hours. I've just bought tickets for the hull game in X block Ellerslie as you can still get free under 8 tickets in there. Might be a bit less child friendly but guaranteed under cover. My kids both like the noise even if it was a bit of a shock to them the first time they went. Once they realised we were all on the same side, they felt safe and even join in with some of the singing/hurling abuse at the ref.
Kids at HQ on 14:19 - Feb 12 with 1693 viewsThe_Beast1976

Many thanks everyone
Kids at HQ on 14:25 - Feb 12 with 1684 viewsPinnerPaul

Kids at HQ on 09:51 - Feb 12 by StreathamRanger

Mine started aged 4 and 5. They love it and their younger brother can't wait to join them. Lower Loft the best bet but I'd recommend against seats which aren't undercover unless you're buying day before or on the day and you know the weather is going to be fine. Nothing worse than sitting in the rain for 2 hours. I've just bought tickets for the hull game in X block Ellerslie as you can still get free under 8 tickets in there. Might be a bit less child friendly but guaranteed under cover. My kids both like the noise even if it was a bit of a shock to them the first time they went. Once they realised we were all on the same side, they felt safe and even join in with some of the singing/hurling abuse at the ref.

Well I can't condone that past part obviously!

My two grandchildren are only 2, so got a while to wait yet by the sounds of it.

The father of one of them IS coming with me to the Hull game though!
Kids at HQ on 14:42 - Feb 12 with 1677 viewsessextaxiboy

Kids at HQ on 14:25 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

Well I can't condone that past part obviously!

My two grandchildren are only 2, so got a while to wait yet by the sounds of it.

The father of one of them IS coming with me to the Hull game though!

Make sure he has a pee before you take your seat ..
Kids at HQ on 15:54 - Feb 12 with 1631 viewsPinnerPaul

Kids at HQ on 14:42 - Feb 12 by essextaxiboy

Make sure he has a pee before you take your seat ..

I gave up sorting out his toilet arrangements about 31 years ago - he's 33 in April!
Kids at HQ on 16:04 - Feb 12 with 1610 viewsDylanP

Took my kids at that age. My son is a die-hard QPR fan (he's 21 now). Took my brother's kid (who is a Spurs season ticket holder with his grandad) when he was that age and he loved it. He had never seen such passion. He always asks me to take him, even though he still has the Spurs season tickets.

I always sit in the R Block. When the kids were young I would sit at the front. Its a bit of a compromise. I wanted them to love it and the passion and noise of the R Block is intoxicating. The problem is, they are going to hear a lot of swearing in the R Block -- to be honest, they loved that. I just had to have a talk with them beforehand that they would hear swearing and that they could not bring that home. It Worked out fine. They were so into the atmosphere and cheering that you get down in that corner.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Kids at HQ on 18:12 - Feb 12 with 1524 viewsOakR

Like with all kids, they are all different etc, and probably depends how much they are into it etc.

We went Loft Lower, but the view from the front for little kids isn't great as they can't see the goaline so if you do sit there sit further back.

Also if it's raining you get wet there, as opposed to other areas Loft Upper, Ellerlie, S Africa etc.

The advice to make them go to the toilet before (at least 18 times) is very good. Nothing like 2 minuntes before KO them deciding they need to go, and even better if it's not a number 1.

I'd also recommend food, lots of it to keep them going. They will probably want some water (ration this, see above point).

Some people take books / magazines for HT or for if they get a bit bored (it's a lot better this season than when I started talking my son!) - they don't all have the attention span for 90 minutes at this age.

Picking them up after a goal is a great feeling! We had no goals in our first 3 games, which he described as exciting but a bit boring...still wanted to come back though.

My eldest went at 6 and has been back lots, my youngest who is less interested has been twice and will go back when it's a bit warmer!

Good luck and I'm sure you'll both love it -it's the whole experience of going in the stadium that makes it for them I think.

Oh and tell them they can never come again if they repeat the swear words they hear, and hopefully they don't ask you what they mean...

Poll: Will we stay up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024