Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. 17:44 - Feb 1 with 5273 viewsbinfieldneil

Getting the arrogant lad from Norwich on loan , The Cardiff big lump and Liverpool starlet if they don’t go up must be in big trouble .. s or bust ..
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:09 - Feb 1 with 4109 viewsPunteR

They've got the parachute payments haven't they?.
Daft question from me perhaps but are you in Binfield next to Bracknell.?
I live in Jennets Park just next door.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:23 - Feb 1 with 4026 viewsbinfieldneil

Yes mate quite a few of us in the Bracknell area
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:28 - Feb 1 with 3999 viewsStainrod

I saw a Bournemouth fan claim on social media that they have sold about 60m worth of players since relegation so they were OK.

Does anyone have their net spend over their time in the Championship and their latest P&L figures?

Assuming FFP still applies (was it suspended for the first year of covid or did I make that up?) and they have a limit on spend over a three year cycle, would just be interested to know what this means for them next season if they don't go up - ie with their transfers out (and presumably some big earners off the books on Prem money) wd they be inside their spending limits? With 11,000 crowds they must have one of the smallest incomes in the Championship so they could only be saved from a fine by transfer rev and parachute payments (which must be lower this year than last?).

If they have risked a FFP fine on going up as Clive was saying on Twitter, it would be insane. But am struggling to believe their owners could be quite that stupid (naive of me, perhaps).
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:30 - Feb 1 with 3977 viewsNorthernr

They have sold a lot of players, and they are in receipt of parachute payments, soooo, they might be ok.

The slight caveat to that is that they spent a lot of money when they were in the Premier League, quite often on players that didn't work out for them and they ended up taking a huge loss on them. Those payments were staggered over time and they came out of that division owing a lot of clubs a lot of money on back transfers, which I believe is where nearly all of their first parachute payment went.

They need to go up now. Frankly if Parker couldn't get the squad up as it was he needs to be having a word, and it should be fish in a fcking barrel for them now.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:50 - Feb 1 with 3829 viewsOldPedro

They've gambled before - when they got promoted to the Premier League last time, they ended up paying a fine (about £4.75million) for breaking FFP

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:56 - Feb 1 with 3795 viewsStainrod

Interesting about the carry over expenses from relegation with hugely overpaid players who didn't perform (sounds all too familiar...).

I would hope this Bournemouth splurge will at least take the pressure off our team. Any reasonable fan must realise that on our budget to make the play offs would be punching (WBA definitely but also Huddersfield and Forest must be on significantly bigger budgets - plus of course Sheffield United. Not sure about 'Boro or Blackburn?).

To expect us to get automatic promotion would be ludicrous when Fulham and Bournemouth transfer spend must be ten/ 15 times ours. (Even if I imagine our wage bill is quite a lot higher this season than at the start of last.) If by some miracle we did make the automatics Warbs would be deserving of a knighthood, or at least a tasty wholemeal loaf named after him.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 19:02 - Feb 1 with 3761 viewsNorthernr

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:56 - Feb 1 by Stainrod

Interesting about the carry over expenses from relegation with hugely overpaid players who didn't perform (sounds all too familiar...).

I would hope this Bournemouth splurge will at least take the pressure off our team. Any reasonable fan must realise that on our budget to make the play offs would be punching (WBA definitely but also Huddersfield and Forest must be on significantly bigger budgets - plus of course Sheffield United. Not sure about 'Boro or Blackburn?).

To expect us to get automatic promotion would be ludicrous when Fulham and Bournemouth transfer spend must be ten/ 15 times ours. (Even if I imagine our wage bill is quite a lot higher this season than at the start of last.) If by some miracle we did make the automatics Warbs would be deserving of a knighthood, or at least a tasty wholemeal loaf named after him.

Yet another common misconception among the general social media football supporting population - if you buy Dominic Solanke for £20m, you don't just dump £20m in Liverpool's current account there and then. It's paid out over time. So if you spend £100m on players, and get relegated 18 months later, you're still going to owe most of that.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 19:33 - Feb 1 with 3608 viewsNewBee

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:28 - Feb 1 by Stainrod

I saw a Bournemouth fan claim on social media that they have sold about 60m worth of players since relegation so they were OK.

Does anyone have their net spend over their time in the Championship and their latest P&L figures?

Assuming FFP still applies (was it suspended for the first year of covid or did I make that up?) and they have a limit on spend over a three year cycle, would just be interested to know what this means for them next season if they don't go up - ie with their transfers out (and presumably some big earners off the books on Prem money) wd they be inside their spending limits? With 11,000 crowds they must have one of the smallest incomes in the Championship so they could only be saved from a fine by transfer rev and parachute payments (which must be lower this year than last?).

If they have risked a FFP fine on going up as Clive was saying on Twitter, it would be insane. But am struggling to believe their owners could be quite that stupid (naive of me, perhaps).

I'm not an accountant, so can't really comment on whether their 2019/20 Accounts were good or bad, but as ever, Swiss Ramble is your man:
[url]

More specifically:
#AFCB profit on player sales increased from £3m to £23m, mainly Tyrone Mings to #AVFC and Lys Mousset to #SUFC. Still only mid-table in the top flight, but would have been much higher if the summer 2020 transfer window had not been delayed due to COVID.

On which last point:
#AFCB have traditionally made little money from player sales, so £23m in 2019/20 is by far their record high. Even this will be comfortably surpassed this season with £51m profit, due to the sales of Nathan Aké to #MCFC, Callum Wilson to #NUFC and Aaron Ramsdale to #SUFC.

Re parachute payments:
Following relegation from the Premier League, #AFCB TV income will fall significantly in 2020/21, albeit cushioned by £42m parachute payment, giving them much higher revenue than most other Championship clubs. Parachutes then fall to £35m (year 2) and £16m (year 3).

When you also take into account relegation clauses, my initial instinct suggests they'll be ok, for another season at least.

But I'm quite prepared to be contradicted by anyone who knows how to appraise a set of accounts properly.
Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 19:37 - Feb 1 with 3596 viewsA40Bosh

Warbs about to be interviewed on Gillette Soccer Special on Sky Sports in a minute or so

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 20:18 - Feb 1 with 3445 viewsStainrod

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 19:33 - Feb 1 by NewBee

I'm not an accountant, so can't really comment on whether their 2019/20 Accounts were good or bad, but as ever, Swiss Ramble is your man:
[url]

More specifically:
#AFCB profit on player sales increased from £3m to £23m, mainly Tyrone Mings to #AVFC and Lys Mousset to #SUFC. Still only mid-table in the top flight, but would have been much higher if the summer 2020 transfer window had not been delayed due to COVID.

On which last point:
#AFCB have traditionally made little money from player sales, so £23m in 2019/20 is by far their record high. Even this will be comfortably surpassed this season with £51m profit, due to the sales of Nathan Aké to #MCFC, Callum Wilson to #NUFC and Aaron Ramsdale to #SUFC.

Re parachute payments:
Following relegation from the Premier League, #AFCB TV income will fall significantly in 2020/21, albeit cushioned by £42m parachute payment, giving them much higher revenue than most other Championship clubs. Parachutes then fall to £35m (year 2) and £16m (year 3).

When you also take into account relegation clauses, my initial instinct suggests they'll be ok, for another season at least.

But I'm quite prepared to be contradicted by anyone who knows how to appraise a set of accounts properly.

Thanks Newbee, interesting.

Like you I suspect they have done their calculations and will be fine, at least in the short term.

Conversely if they do go up, not sure how equipped they would be (better than QPR for sure - as they should be with that spend - but the likes of Kieffer Moore I would put more in the "bloody good in the Championship" bracket rather than "Premiership striker in the making" category.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 20:24 - Feb 1 with 3408 viewsStainrod

While we have you NewBee, how has the Ivan Toney thing played out among your fanbase? Is it being seen as simply naive behaviour trying to show off to a girlfriend by a young man who has learned his lesson, or is he viewed as someone unforgivably ungrateful to the club paying him no doubt very handsome wages? Been rather overshadowed by the Mason Greenwood scandal (which is obvs on a completely different scale in seriousness), but I was a bit surprised it didn't become more of a story.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 21:08 - Feb 1 with 3254 viewsDavieQPR

Accounts for last season shows they lost £60m overall Forest would have been in trouble but managed to sell a player to their sister club Olympiakos for an undisclosed amount..
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 21:48 - Feb 1 with 3145 viewsRangersDave

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 21:08 - Feb 1 by DavieQPR

Accounts for last season shows they lost £60m overall Forest would have been in trouble but managed to sell a player to their sister club Olympiakos for an undisclosed amount..

and that in itself smells

Surely there are 2 words that could apply here , 1 being 'money'!

It must be slightly suspect when you sell a player to what amounts to your own team?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 00:18 - Feb 2 with 2930 viewsMatch82

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 21:48 - Feb 1 by RangersDave

and that in itself smells

Surely there are 2 words that could apply here , 1 being 'money'!

It must be slightly suspect when you sell a player to what amounts to your own team?

This has to be the next thing that they clamp down on surely? At some point it's beyond just "suspicious" when the other club you own pays significantly over market value for a reserve player in your other club, multiple times in one season.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 08:58 - Feb 2 with 2653 viewsslmrstid

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 00:18 - Feb 2 by Match82

This has to be the next thing that they clamp down on surely? At some point it's beyond just "suspicious" when the other club you own pays significantly over market value for a reserve player in your other club, multiple times in one season.

This process has been going on in Italy for years where close city clubs would transfer minor players to each other for daft amounts of "money" so they had gross assets that would allow them to keep their divisional licence.

Inter and Milan did it between themselves for years, and in more recent times some clubs have had forced relegations handed out as punishments for doing it (Cesena were one, can't remember who they were "flipping" with)

On a more serious note, I do wonder if HMRC take an interest in these transactions. There are strict tax laws in regards to trading with fellow group companies with overseas branches as means of tax avoidance (ie not transferring all of your profits away via "management charges" to an overseas branch where the tax rate is lower - although of course there have been some very high profile business who have been able to do it and get away with it whilst the Revenue crawl all over smaller businesses who haven't got the same access to legal teams...) Just conjecture there but I do wonder.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 09:14 - Feb 2 with 2576 viewsDavieQPR

2019 accounts show Forest lost £24.119,000 and 2020 £15,947,000.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 10:19 - Feb 2 with 2403 viewsterryb

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 19:02 - Feb 1 by Northernr

Yet another common misconception among the general social media football supporting population - if you buy Dominic Solanke for £20m, you don't just dump £20m in Liverpool's current account there and then. It's paid out over time. So if you spend £100m on players, and get relegated 18 months later, you're still going to owe most of that.

Of course it is staggered payments Clive, but surely the accounts will show an asset value of £20 million for the player? Therefore, it is finalised in the P&L (apart from depreciation), but would show in debts on the Balance Sheet & have a massive effect on cashflow?

The same when selling a player, the P&L status will be completed, but creditors would increase & should help cashflow in future years. Wouldn't part of the £60 million they received in outgoing transfers still be available to them next season?
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 12:13 - Feb 2 with 2241 viewsNewBee

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 20:24 - Feb 1 by Stainrod

While we have you NewBee, how has the Ivan Toney thing played out among your fanbase? Is it being seen as simply naive behaviour trying to show off to a girlfriend by a young man who has learned his lesson, or is he viewed as someone unforgivably ungrateful to the club paying him no doubt very handsome wages? Been rather overshadowed by the Mason Greenwood scandal (which is obvs on a completely different scale in seriousness), but I was a bit surprised it didn't become more of a story.

Not sure, since I don't do FB or Twitter etc and we haven't had a game since the video.
But from a brief perusal of the fans forum, I'd say the reaction covers the whole spectrum from "Sack him!" to "So what?", with a majority(?) veering towards the latter.
"I'd say the same if it got me into her knickers" also had strong support.

For myself, Ivan could come onto News At Ten every evening and say "F u c k Newbee" repearedly and it wouldn't bother me - so long as he keeps doing the business on the field.

Which he will.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 13:34 - Feb 2 with 2012 viewsPinnerPaul

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:30 - Feb 1 by Northernr

They have sold a lot of players, and they are in receipt of parachute payments, soooo, they might be ok.

The slight caveat to that is that they spent a lot of money when they were in the Premier League, quite often on players that didn't work out for them and they ended up taking a huge loss on them. Those payments were staggered over time and they came out of that division owing a lot of clubs a lot of money on back transfers, which I believe is where nearly all of their first parachute payment went.

They need to go up now. Frankly if Parker couldn't get the squad up as it was he needs to be having a word, and it should be fish in a fcking barrel for them now.

The fact that they spent a lot in the PL seems to get forgotten as I mentioned in another thread, glad someone else has mentioned it!
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 16:58 - Feb 2 with 1820 viewsthemodfather

the old gamble, chuck enough cash at it and hope it works....what no one can bank on is a major injury or 2 , as we know it happens a lot! they seem to be on the panic button , still i expect lots of diving, rolling about, feigning injuries, brawls and reds and of course their ACE IN THE PACK mr stroud, will get them over the line.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:00 - Feb 2 with 1736 viewsqprd

Any frustration directed towards Bournemouth is completely misguided. Bournemouth arent gambling. I'd argue that they are actually one of the best run teams in the division, and I have zero issue with them spending however much they like.

In addition to parachute payments, they have sold multiple players for 8 figure sums.

Credit to them- they are selling players and re-investing for promotion. The money they are spending is nowhere near the money they have made on transfers.

In the last three years, these are their higher profile sales, just to illustrate a few.

-Mings for £20m
-Ake for £40m
-Lys Mousset for £10m
-Callum Wilson for £20m
-Aaron Ramsdale for £20m
-Danjuma for £20mish

This excludes sales for players like Surridge, Josh king, etc etc who got sold for a few million.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:18 - Feb 2 with 1684 viewsDavieQPR

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:00 - Feb 2 by qprd

Any frustration directed towards Bournemouth is completely misguided. Bournemouth arent gambling. I'd argue that they are actually one of the best run teams in the division, and I have zero issue with them spending however much they like.

In addition to parachute payments, they have sold multiple players for 8 figure sums.

Credit to them- they are selling players and re-investing for promotion. The money they are spending is nowhere near the money they have made on transfers.

In the last three years, these are their higher profile sales, just to illustrate a few.

-Mings for £20m
-Ake for £40m
-Lys Mousset for £10m
-Callum Wilson for £20m
-Aaron Ramsdale for £20m
-Danjuma for £20mish

This excludes sales for players like Surridge, Josh king, etc etc who got sold for a few million.

That's almost the same as supporters at Derby, Reading and Sheff Wed said a little while ago. A 'best run team in the league' doesn't record a loss of £60m in one season. They might have sold players but they don't get the money in one lump in their accounts.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:26 - Feb 2 with 1649 viewsLanhoop

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:00 - Feb 2 by qprd

-Mings for £20m
-Ake for £40m
-Lys Mousset for £10m
-Callum Wilson for £20m
-Aaron Ramsdale for £20m
-Danjuma for £20mish

Those numbers are the selling price, need to factor in the buying price as well.

- Mings for £20m [bought for £8m "profit" £12m]
-Ake for £40m [bought for £20m "profit" £20m]
-Lys Mousset for £10m [bought for £7m "profit" £3m]
-Callum Wilson for £20m [bought for £3m "profit" £17m]
-Aaron Ramsdale for £20m [bought for £1m "profit" £19m]
-Danjuma for £20mish [bought for £13m "profit" £7m]

They've done well, no doubt but after the wages and bonuses paid it's possible that they haven't made a profit on all of them.
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:46 - Feb 2 with 1600 viewsqprd

Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:26 - Feb 2 by Lanhoop

Those numbers are the selling price, need to factor in the buying price as well.

- Mings for £20m [bought for £8m "profit" £12m]
-Ake for £40m [bought for £20m "profit" £20m]
-Lys Mousset for £10m [bought for £7m "profit" £3m]
-Callum Wilson for £20m [bought for £3m "profit" £17m]
-Aaron Ramsdale for £20m [bought for £1m "profit" £19m]
-Danjuma for £20mish [bought for £13m "profit" £7m]

They've done well, no doubt but after the wages and bonuses paid it's possible that they haven't made a profit on all of them.

sure, but thats still 80m in profits
Bournemouth taking massive gamble with ffp.. on 18:51 - Feb 2 with 1568 viewsdaveB

The wages are a bigger issue for them than the transfer fees. We'll see next year if they don't go up how well they are being run.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024