Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
200+ mins 22:00 - Feb 15 with 2991 viewsalexferguson60

We haven't scored in over 200 minutes, and in that time, we haven't really looked like scoring either.

Should we put Chair on the bench and go back to the 'January formation"? Also, i know that Albert's not good as a wing back. Maybe put in Sanderson?
200+ mins on 22:02 - Feb 15 with 2965 viewsessextaxiboy

None of the players you mention are strikers ?
200+ mins on 22:09 - Feb 15 with 2861 viewsCamberleyR

Forget Sanderson at wing back, he'll be needed in the middle. Dickie's suspended for the next two.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 22:10]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

200+ mins on 22:09 - Feb 15 with 2860 viewsStainrod

Not sure its down to Chair.

You could go through almost the entire team and say they have been poor:

How was Johansen not substituted until the 75th min - any of us could sit beside a centre half and hit a five yard sideways pass?

Field - so slow and lumbering, never passes forward

Dickie - unrecognisable from the player at the start of the season and just looks unhappy

Dunne - clumsy and slow all night

Barbet - not a lot better

Wallace - looked completely shot for several games now

Albert - some poor defensive performances

Willock - shadow of what he is capable of

Dykes - lively start but anonymous second half

Other than Marshall hard to think of anyone who emerges with much credit.
200+ mins on 22:18 - Feb 15 with 2754 viewsdaveB

The January formation is either 2 up front which many have spent the last few days saying doesn't work or exactly the same as we played tonight
200+ mins on 22:48 - Feb 15 with 2587 viewsgobbles

200+ mins on 22:18 - Feb 15 by daveB

The January formation is either 2 up front which many have spent the last few days saying doesn't work or exactly the same as we played tonight

The problem is probably not the formation, but the way we are playing it. The build-up is too slow and we are playing too deep.
200+ mins on 22:52 - Feb 15 with 2550 viewsstevec

We’ve been winning games all season despite having three forwards who have given us very little. That was bound to catch up with us eventually.

The rest of the side have kept us up there with exceptional collective performances, thirty games in that’s catching up with them, many now look spent.

Struggling to remember any goal our forwards have scored from their own endeavours, Gray at Derby, but not many others. Charlie only shoots from standing positions, Dykes is pretty much incapable of going past a player, and Gray will react to the perfect through ball but is totally disinterested otherwise.

Hopefully they can galvanise and find that 1.5 points a game that should still see us into the play offs but our forwards need to up their game way beyond what they’ve shown so far.
200+ mins on 23:34 - Feb 15 with 2429 viewsstrikerace

I really can not remember too many chances the strikers have missed, they just have not been getting any. We don't seem capable anymore of connecting 3 passes together in the midfield to get into the attack. At times it just looks like we are just aimlessly kicking the ball
200+ mins on 23:39 - Feb 15 with 2415 viewsBrianMcCarthy

200+ mins on 23:34 - Feb 15 by strikerace

I really can not remember too many chances the strikers have missed, they just have not been getting any. We don't seem capable anymore of connecting 3 passes together in the midfield to get into the attack. At times it just looks like we are just aimlessly kicking the ball

"I really can not remember too many chances the strikers have missed"

Last time I updated my sheet on Striker Stats in this year's League Campaign:

Goals/Shot

Gray 0.29
Dykes 0.18
Austin 0.10

And the last two games will have lowered them even further.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 23:39]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

200+ mins on 23:42 - Feb 15 with 2390 viewsSK_hoops

https://tenor.com/view/soccer-simpsons-bore-boring-pass-gif-17558658
200+ mins on 23:50 - Feb 15 with 2350 viewsLythamR

"We haven't scored in over 200 minutes, and in that time, we haven't really looked like scoring either."

You didnt see the one that was brilliantly headed of the line in the second half then?
200+ mins on 04:24 - Feb 16 with 2216 viewsstrikerace

200+ mins on 23:39 - Feb 15 by BrianMcCarthy

"I really can not remember too many chances the strikers have missed"

Last time I updated my sheet on Striker Stats in this year's League Campaign:

Goals/Shot

Gray 0.29
Dykes 0.18
Austin 0.10

And the last two games will have lowered them even further.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 23:39]

I guess I don't understand what that stat means really. So if I have 3 total shots and score once, then I am at 33%? Seems like you need to have a minimum # of shots first of all. Second if you are not getting good chances because the team isn't creating, then that hurts you too. So I am not sure how to interpret this.

Anyway I looked it up and in the Championship Dykes has 24%, which puts him at 14th among players with 8 or more goals. Better than some, worse than some. I think the issue is more in midfield and creating team opportunities. We just are not doing that, and I think as a result all the players are forcing things for the minimal chances they get.

Also, one thought I had after the past couple matches was that teams seem to be playing very physical against our attacking mid players (Chair, Willock, Stefan, etc). Lots of holding, hard tackles, blatant fouls. Maybe this is the new tact to slow us down, since we are not the biggest and strongest, and maybe it is affecting us.
200+ mins on 08:29 - Feb 16 with 2040 viewsstevenagehoop

200+ mins on 23:50 - Feb 15 by LythamR

"We haven't scored in over 200 minutes, and in that time, we haven't really looked like scoring either."

You didnt see the one that was brilliantly headed of the line in the second half then?

That makes me feel so much better😜

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

200+ mins on 08:43 - Feb 16 with 2008 viewsWegerles_Stairs

200+ mins on 04:24 - Feb 16 by strikerace

I guess I don't understand what that stat means really. So if I have 3 total shots and score once, then I am at 33%? Seems like you need to have a minimum # of shots first of all. Second if you are not getting good chances because the team isn't creating, then that hurts you too. So I am not sure how to interpret this.

Anyway I looked it up and in the Championship Dykes has 24%, which puts him at 14th among players with 8 or more goals. Better than some, worse than some. I think the issue is more in midfield and creating team opportunities. We just are not doing that, and I think as a result all the players are forcing things for the minimal chances they get.

Also, one thought I had after the past couple matches was that teams seem to be playing very physical against our attacking mid players (Chair, Willock, Stefan, etc). Lots of holding, hard tackles, blatant fouls. Maybe this is the new tact to slow us down, since we are not the biggest and strongest, and maybe it is affecting us.

Look at how Boro are playing at the moment with players buzzing everywhere around the pitch and wing-backs like Jones able to get up and down the line (from non-league too).

And then look at us recently, playing like Craggy Island Over-75s.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 8:43]
200+ mins on 08:49 - Feb 16 with 1969 viewsBrianMcCarthy

200+ mins on 04:24 - Feb 16 by strikerace

That's how I understand it too, strikerace.

I added it in as it seemed relevant to your point. I'll try and update it later.

I also agree with the point made elsewhere last night - I think I made it myself recently - our strikers don't have many shots/90. (That can be down to many factors including poor creativity by the midfield, a plan that spreads shots around the team and/or poor anticipation/positioning by the strikers themselves - it would need many, many hours of video analysis to decide which, or a supporter with incredible memory and recall (sadly, I'm not one of those!)).

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

200+ mins on 09:27 - Feb 16 with 1863 viewsw7r

200+ mins on 22:48 - Feb 15 by gobbles

The problem is probably not the formation, but the way we are playing it. The build-up is too slow and we are playing too deep.

Agreed. Far too slow, no zip, wasn’t until we conceded the second that a bit of urgency was injected for a few minutes.

SJ has really gone off the boil, sloppy passes, far too deep was in/around our penalty area on a few occasion’s picking up the ball.

I can only remember one decent cross into the milwall box from MO I think.

We just looked jaded and devoid of ideas.

We’re still in fourth spot, so no panic, but have to break this malaise soon if we’re going to stay in the hunt.
200+ mins on 09:31 - Feb 16 with 1852 viewsHooparoo

Most games are won or lost in the midfield. It’s not working as it is and there’s only one person who’s paid to fix it and that’s the manager. Blind Freddy can see the formation is wrong and maybe so can the players but they’re doing what they’re told.

It needs to change - pronto!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

200+ mins on 18:50 - Feb 16 with 1603 viewsthemodfather

3 games 3 losses and no goals scored by qpr. not good. BUT we are 4th and in a strong position , we had a strong few games and maybe players are tired? we can turn this around it is not a total disaster and we will take our chances if they come.
200+ mins on 20:25 - Feb 16 with 1513 viewsStainrod

200+ mins on 09:31 - Feb 16 by Hooparoo

Most games are won or lost in the midfield. It’s not working as it is and there’s only one person who’s paid to fix it and that’s the manager. Blind Freddy can see the formation is wrong and maybe so can the players but they’re doing what they’re told.

It needs to change - pronto!

Apologies if I am also blind Freddie but why is it the formation's fault? We played two up top against Barnsley and were terrible, and we played one up top against Millwall and were terrible. We tried a flat back four and had one of the very worst defensive records in the Championship. As another poster said, I don't think its the formation its the fact that Stefan and Field are apparently incapable of passing a ball forward or doing anything quickly, and the centre halves think that passing it five yards along the line to his mate is somehow job done. That's the problem, surely, not the formation?
200+ mins on 20:29 - Feb 16 with 1500 viewsozexile

200+ mins on 20:25 - Feb 16 by Stainrod

Apologies if I am also blind Freddie but why is it the formation's fault? We played two up top against Barnsley and were terrible, and we played one up top against Millwall and were terrible. We tried a flat back four and had one of the very worst defensive records in the Championship. As another poster said, I don't think its the formation its the fact that Stefan and Field are apparently incapable of passing a ball forward or doing anything quickly, and the centre halves think that passing it five yards along the line to his mate is somehow job done. That's the problem, surely, not the formation?

I agree I have absolutely no idea why Stefan has to come and ouch the ball up deep and okay a 5 yard pass. Why can't he push on and let the cb's play the ,5 yard pass?

It's just inviting pressure. I have a feeling he's carrying a knock.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024