Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report 22:51 - Feb 20 with 3255 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57101
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 23:13 - Feb 20 with 3139 viewsqueensparker

Nice Steve Black story - sad news about him today. It did seem like he was pretty much the back room guy who got us through the play-offs while Arry was Arrying about to the usual minimal effect.
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 01:30 - Feb 21 with 2912 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The amount of massive calls this officiating got wrong Saturday is inexcusable and as usual most of them went against us .What happened to homefield advantage like Fergie time
I know Stroud is consistently bad all over the league but what about this crew .Surely they cannot be rewarded with games every week if they miss most critical call
Is there some league wide vendetta against us I am starting to feel like there is.
Call the game consistent for both sides there is way too much on the line
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 08:59 - Feb 21 with 2563 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Pretty much how I saw it all. Hendrick I thought was excellent and without a doubt our man of the match, ran the midfield the last 30 minutes or so. Deserves to keep his place and start Wednesday.
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 10:28 - Feb 21 with 2330 viewsrobith

The Dunne incident was right in front of me in the Paddocks, and I am still at a loss to how he didn't walk
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 11:20 - Feb 21 with 2223 viewsngbqpr

I saw enough in the second half to make me feel we've had a blip rather than are slumping.

I wasn't overjoyed about Willock at LWB, but like you Clive, totally saw the thinking behind it, and what limited threat we did pose in the first half mainly came through that outlet.

The last half hour had me thinking that, offensively, we need to keep Willock & Chair fit and on form, and surround them with whoever else is fit and on form at that moment. On Sat that was Hendrick and Odubajo, other days it might be Stef, Wallace, Albert etc.

FWIW, from my seat near the front of R, Grey looked really up for it in his cameo.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 11:43 - Feb 21 with 2181 viewsdmm

If Dykes isn't available for Wednesday I think we might see Gray start.
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 11:54 - Feb 21 with 2151 viewsPaddyhoops

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 11:43 - Feb 21 by dmm

Our lack of a 20 goals a year striker is sadly our Achilles heel. Charlie was as poor as I've seen him on Saturday.
Gray wasn't much better. I don't think its lack of effort on his behalf, he looks bereft of any idea what his role is when he comes on as a sub.
As for Dykes, well he's constantly injured and apart from his two goals against a piss poor Reading side he's struggling to find the net.
I think he's a pretty decent player but needs a big run of games to come good.
On a final note, I know we can't afford a 20 a season striker but you always hope the strikers we have might become that.
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 12:27 - Feb 21 with 2069 viewswestberksr

pretty much sums it up; laboured first half, crap officials and then just couldn't quite get over the line at the end.

the stuttering performances across the team & couple of injuries the past few games has made picking a starting 11 quite tricky and Saturday proved that the changes don't always work either.

hopefully the Willock wing back scenario doesn't need to be revisited as he's wasted there
[Post edited 21 Feb 2022 12:27]
Login to get fewer ads

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 12:55 - Feb 21 with 1996 viewsAntti_Heinola

Really good and fair report Clive cheers. As I saw it really. Bit baffled by some of the anger about the performance. You can't say they're not trying.

I'd also add with Forss, which everyone seems to have forgotten, that 10 mins before his kick out, he had another swing at Dunne after fouling him and Dunne tried to grab the ball back and the ref had a word with him then. It probably wasn't one of those ones you want to see a yellow for, but the intent was certainly there.

What we could really do with is Dykes or Austin or Gray having a run like Dykes and Austin did end of last season just to carry us through.

Bare bones.

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 13:17 - Feb 21 with 1939 viewsngbqpr

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 11:54 - Feb 21 by Paddyhoops

Our lack of a 20 goals a year striker is sadly our Achilles heel. Charlie was as poor as I've seen him on Saturday.
Gray wasn't much better. I don't think its lack of effort on his behalf, he looks bereft of any idea what his role is when he comes on as a sub.
As for Dykes, well he's constantly injured and apart from his two goals against a piss poor Reading side he's struggling to find the net.
I think he's a pretty decent player but needs a big run of games to come good.
On a final note, I know we can't afford a 20 a season striker but you always hope the strikers we have might become that.

As I've said on the 'strikers' thread, we're still third top scorers in the league

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 13:21 - Feb 21 with 1929 viewsRangers67

Reluctantly had to miss the game on Sat due to having to attend Arsenal vs Brentford. It was a milestone birthday for him and he had bought club level tickets. If you think the ref at QPR was bad you should have witnissed John Moss on Saturday. A complete shambles up there with some of the clowns we have had to put up with at KPFS over the years. Totally biased towards Brentford. And I can say that as a neutral. Brentford were not interested in attacking at all until 2 - 0 down with the goalkeeper time wasting from minute 1. No threat going forward and not sure if Toney is injured but they missed him.
For those who have not been there quite a nice stadium but a nightmare to get to by train as the idiots who run TFL decide to shut stations seemingly on a whim. Hung around having a beer after for an hour and no problem getting a train after that.
Atmosphere not bad, I have heard Areenal fans criticised for lack of atmosphere but I thought they were ok. Brentford however were very quiet and as soon as the second goal went in they were streaming for the exits. I f I were them I would be looking over my shoulder at some of the teams below them who can easily catch them, they were awful.
Lastly if by some fluke we do make it to the Prem we are going to need a serious upgrade in personel to survive.
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 14:44 - Feb 21 with 1755 viewsPaddyhoops

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 13:17 - Feb 21 by ngbqpr

As I've said on the 'strikers' thread, we're still third top scorers in the league

Fair point.
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 15:11 - Feb 21 with 1685 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks Clive and very generous of you to accept my deflection argument on Albert's 'goal', and acknowledge that it was a very tight call, as another poster said, its possible he couldn't see the Hull player in the middle playing Albert on, as he was shielded by Albert.

I'm with you on VAR and pretty worried "VAR lite" seems to be coming our way in a couple of years time (If we're still in this league by then)

Kicking the ball away and the Hull non offside I agree with, although in the still you can see why maybe they thought a QPR player had played the pass?

Non sending off - I agree, its not in the LOTG but you see this sort of cop out quite often - must report it as "adopting an aggressive attitude" but its not right. One final pedantic point (it wouldn't be me without one!) ball was out of play (I think) when the incident happened, so red, yellow or nothing its still a throw in if that WAS the case.

As mentioned, a bit like a player reacting to the crowd, its never a good idea for officials to do it - for the same reason - players and officials make mistakes, so bigging it up to the crowd can go seriously wrong for both.

Finally amused by perceived outlook on journalists and would say that pretty much applies to refs as well - both just doing their jobs to the best of their ability.

MW annoyed at another one in the press conference

Journo "So Mark, that no wins in 4 now?"

MW " Thanks, are you having a good day as well? Before I answer, just remind me, where are we in the league?" Ouch!
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 15:19 - Feb 21 with 1666 viewskensalriser

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 13:21 - Feb 21 by Rangers67

Reluctantly had to miss the game on Sat due to having to attend Arsenal vs Brentford. It was a milestone birthday for him and he had bought club level tickets. If you think the ref at QPR was bad you should have witnissed John Moss on Saturday. A complete shambles up there with some of the clowns we have had to put up with at KPFS over the years. Totally biased towards Brentford. And I can say that as a neutral. Brentford were not interested in attacking at all until 2 - 0 down with the goalkeeper time wasting from minute 1. No threat going forward and not sure if Toney is injured but they missed him.
For those who have not been there quite a nice stadium but a nightmare to get to by train as the idiots who run TFL decide to shut stations seemingly on a whim. Hung around having a beer after for an hour and no problem getting a train after that.
Atmosphere not bad, I have heard Areenal fans criticised for lack of atmosphere but I thought they were ok. Brentford however were very quiet and as soon as the second goal went in they were streaming for the exits. I f I were them I would be looking over my shoulder at some of the teams below them who can easily catch them, they were awful.
Lastly if by some fluke we do make it to the Prem we are going to need a serious upgrade in personel to survive.

Brentford are fourth favourites to go down despite being 14th - they're in poor form and have played more games than the teams below. Their next three are Newcastle, Norwich and Burnley, failure to rack up some points there would point towards relegation.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 17:58 - Feb 21 with 1439 viewsterryb

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 15:11 - Feb 21 by PinnerPaul

Thanks Clive and very generous of you to accept my deflection argument on Albert's 'goal', and acknowledge that it was a very tight call, as another poster said, its possible he couldn't see the Hull player in the middle playing Albert on, as he was shielded by Albert.

I'm with you on VAR and pretty worried "VAR lite" seems to be coming our way in a couple of years time (If we're still in this league by then)

Kicking the ball away and the Hull non offside I agree with, although in the still you can see why maybe they thought a QPR player had played the pass?

Non sending off - I agree, its not in the LOTG but you see this sort of cop out quite often - must report it as "adopting an aggressive attitude" but its not right. One final pedantic point (it wouldn't be me without one!) ball was out of play (I think) when the incident happened, so red, yellow or nothing its still a throw in if that WAS the case.

As mentioned, a bit like a player reacting to the crowd, its never a good idea for officials to do it - for the same reason - players and officials make mistakes, so bigging it up to the crowd can go seriously wrong for both.

Finally amused by perceived outlook on journalists and would say that pretty much applies to refs as well - both just doing their jobs to the best of their ability.

MW annoyed at another one in the press conference

Journo "So Mark, that no wins in 4 now?"

MW " Thanks, are you having a good day as well? Before I answer, just remind me, where are we in the league?" Ouch!

I've only looked at one freeze frame of the disallowed goal & I think I'm the only one that thought Albert's right foot was slightly (very slightly) in an offside position when Willock shot. It may be that the defenders bum just about kept him onside though! I can also understand that the AR would have struggled to see the defender as Albert was the player that was in his eyeline.

I also know that the shot being deflected has no bearing on the offside. BUT, if the defender deliberately played the ball, rather than a deflection, then the offside position is removed. Did he do this? I have no idea. I strongly dislike this being part (or interpretation) of the laws. Especially, as deflecting/deliberately playing the ball is totally subjective.
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 18:07 - Feb 21 with 1421 viewsPinnerPaul

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 17:58 - Feb 21 by terryb

I've only looked at one freeze frame of the disallowed goal & I think I'm the only one that thought Albert's right foot was slightly (very slightly) in an offside position when Willock shot. It may be that the defenders bum just about kept him onside though! I can also understand that the AR would have struggled to see the defender as Albert was the player that was in his eyeline.

I also know that the shot being deflected has no bearing on the offside. BUT, if the defender deliberately played the ball, rather than a deflection, then the offside position is removed. Did he do this? I have no idea. I strongly dislike this being part (or interpretation) of the laws. Especially, as deflecting/deliberately playing the ball is totally subjective.

That's all fair enough Terry - we move on.

I'm sure there will be more refereeing issues to discuss on Thursday morning!

I'm hoping not, would much prefer something along the lines of " Could we have scored even more?"!
Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 20:16 - Feb 21 with 1282 viewskensalriser

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 11:43 - Feb 21 by dmm

I think a lot of people are going to start if we don't win Wednesday.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 08:31 - Feb 22 with 1003 viewsTheChef

Chair's goal coughs QPR back into life - Report on 17:58 - Feb 21 by terryb

Ah in which case his big toe must have been offside. Excellent decision ref!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024