Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glasto 2022 11:17 - Jun 10 with 11308 viewsSonofpugwash

Nope.Nothing to see here.Move along....

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2022/?stage

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Glasto 2022 on 11:27 - Jun 10 with 6313 viewsRamseyR

I've never been but love my music. If you can't find anything you like amongst all the stages, that's a worry. The problem for me is that as Glasto has become more mainstream, the media coverage and the BBC in particular, focuses ever more disproportionately on the big names.
Glasto 2022 on 11:28 - Jun 10 with 6315 viewsaston_hoop

What a night

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Glasto 2022 on 12:55 - Jun 10 with 6187 viewsslmrstid

I've never been to Glastonbury but I'm a bit torn on what I'd do if I ever did.

On the one hand, I think to get the best experience of Glastonbury you'd have to try and spread yourself over as many of the stages as possible, to get an idea of the true breadth of what is on offer.

On the flip side, it costs so much to go that you'd almost feel like you'd have to spend all your time at the big stages to make it worth the money, but then the way they are laid out you'd end up having to spend all day there and then you'd never see anything that is on offer at the other stages.

Tricky.
Glasto 2022 on 12:58 - Jun 10 with 6175 viewsthame_hoops

Glasto 2022 on 11:27 - Jun 10 by RamseyR

I've never been but love my music. If you can't find anything you like amongst all the stages, that's a worry. The problem for me is that as Glasto has become more mainstream, the media coverage and the BBC in particular, focuses ever more disproportionately on the big names.

Agree with this, there seems to be so much varied music. If I went, I would find it very overwhelming, I don’t think I would be able to decide or even be able to plan where I wanted to be.

I really want to go and see Pearl Jam in the summer, at Hyde Park
Glasto 2022 on 13:04 - Jun 10 with 6170 viewsGRDHoops

Glasto 2022 on 12:58 - Jun 10 by thame_hoops

Agree with this, there seems to be so much varied music. If I went, I would find it very overwhelming, I don’t think I would be able to decide or even be able to plan where I wanted to be.

I really want to go and see Pearl Jam in the summer, at Hyde Park

I'm going - may have a spare ticket too!
Glasto 2022 on 13:09 - Jun 10 with 6157 viewsthame_hoops

Glasto 2022 on 13:04 - Jun 10 by GRDHoops

I'm going - may have a spare ticket too!

Pearl jam? I see there are general admission tickets still but after seeing Green Day there, I swore if I went again I would go back to the Amex summer garden area. Now I am in my 40s, I cannot be standing up all day in a crowded field ha ha. The summer garden was excellent and you had access to a closer standing area to the stage.
Glasto 2022 on 13:16 - Jun 10 with 6134 viewsLythamR

How far is the John Peel Stage from the Pyramid stage

Could I grove with Robert Plant until 7:30 and still make it to the Peel Stage for The Jesus and Mary Chain and Primal Scream

To be honest it all looks way too big and busy these days and i feel like an imposter from another more balanced universe where Primal Scream would headline the main stage and Billie ellish would be on in the early afternoon.
Glasto 2022 on 14:52 - Jun 10 with 6024 viewsbollockchops

do you mean the Great Radio 2 Roadshow ?
Login to get fewer ads

Glasto 2022 on 14:59 - Jun 10 with 6013 viewsericgen34

Been to Glasto twice and can't wait to go again. Fantastic experience, sooo much to see and do

I try to get tickets every year
Glasto 2022 on 15:08 - Jun 10 with 5995 viewsMick_S

Youngy lad at work is going to Parklife this weekend so I checked out the lineup. That’s it, I’m old.

Andy Carroll is performing.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Glasto 2022 on 15:22 - Jun 10 with 5964 viewsLblock

Glasto 2022 on 15:08 - Jun 10 by Mick_S

Youngy lad at work is going to Parklife this weekend so I checked out the lineup. That’s it, I’m old.

Andy Carroll is performing.

If he stays fit

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Glasto 2022 on 15:29 - Jun 10 with 5962 viewsngbqpr

Got a ticket for the first time in years, beyond excited by the line up tbh.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Glasto 2022 on 16:16 - Jun 10 with 5852 viewsqpr1976

Glasto 2022 on 11:27 - Jun 10 by RamseyR

Check the link. There’s 84 stages/venues !
They can’t all be Mainstream, although I take your point about the Big 2 stages.
Glasto 2022 on 16:30 - Jun 10 with 5824 viewsMick_S

Glasto 2022 on 15:22 - Jun 10 by Lblock

If he stays fit

Or awake. Tee hee.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Glasto 2022 on 16:43 - Jun 10 with 5810 viewsSK_hoops

Undertones acoustic set? Not sure about that.

Went the year chemical brothers headlined and it was great (2007?), not sure I'd do it again though. A lot of effort.
Glasto 2022 on 18:34 - Jun 10 with 5718 viewsRamseyR

Glasto 2022 on 16:16 - Jun 10 by qpr1976

Check the link. There’s 84 stages/venues !
They can’t all be Mainstream, although I take your point about the Big 2 stages.

Agree... I meant as the headline acts have become more mainstream.
Glasto 2022 on 09:12 - Jun 11 with 5502 viewsGuppy

I used to go to Glastonbury many moons ago when there was only one stage , the hippies used to arrive from Stonehenge after summer solstice and the attendance was a whopping 23000. Used to just go in my local music shop and buy the ticket over the counter. Im not sure if i went now if i would enjoy it as much or if that previous experience would be tarnished in some way if that makes sense?
Glasto 2022 on 01:23 - Jun 12 with 5328 viewsBoston

Glasto 2022 on 13:16 - Jun 10 by LythamR

How far is the John Peel Stage from the Pyramid stage

Could I grove with Robert Plant until 7:30 and still make it to the Peel Stage for The Jesus and Mary Chain and Primal Scream

To be honest it all looks way too big and busy these days and i feel like an imposter from another more balanced universe where Primal Scream would headline the main stage and Billie ellish would be on in the early afternoon.

Ladbroke or Eucalyptus?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Glasto 2022 on 13:50 - Jun 14 with 5067 viewsSonofpugwash

Give it a fkin rest mate.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/jun/14/lenny-henry-always-surprised-lac

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Glasto 2022 on 14:13 - Jun 14 with 5013 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Glasto 2022 on 13:50 - Jun 14 by Sonofpugwash

Give it a fkin rest mate.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/jun/14/lenny-henry-always-surprised-lac

The most bizzare thing is ticket sales do not discriminate and anybody of any race can simply buy one and just show up to enjoy the music .
Is there a rap festival in England and if yes does anybody complain about the lack of diversity at that one.
Bruce Springsteen has toured the world since 1975 and when asked about his lack of black audience members he simply says " my music just does not appeal to African Americans end of story "
Glasto 2022 on 15:16 - Jun 14 with 4927 viewshubble

I first went to Glastonbury (it wasn't called 'Glasto' then!) back in 1985 and went a further 9 times between then and 2007, which was my last. In that time I saw this crazy, amazing festival turn from something wonderful and sort of organic in its evolution, into something that was becoming increasingly corporate and controlled.

That last time I was there was shocked to see £2000 a weekend glamping airstreams with picket fences and 'VIP' area signs. That was kind of the last straw for me, as it was not in the Glastonbury spirit as I saw it.

At my first few Glastos the huge summer travelling community, moved on from Stonehenge by the police, arrived on mass and created almost a second festival, adjunct to the main one. I'd been to Stonehenge free festival in 1982 and it was incredible. Think of this, especially you younger readers on here: a completely free festival with well over 50,000 souls, that self-manged itself and provided stages, bands, food, drink and other... entertainments. It was absolutely brilliant. I saw Hawkind on Saturday night and on the Sunday morning - the solstice itself - we all gathered inside the stones to celebrate the longest day. The police kept a fairly respectful distance throughout and never once entered the festival site. This all changed because dear Maggie Thatcher didn't like that kind of freedom (did she), and worse still, some scousers had apparently sprayed LUFC on one of the stones. This was all the politicians needed to declare Stonehenge formally under the control of English Heritage, in a sense privatising soemthing that was - and still is - ancient and belonging to no one, but the people. Hence from 1985 onwards, everyone spilled over to Glastonbury instead, having been forced away from Stonehenge.

That first time I wentt I saw Ian Dury and the Blockheads headlinging on Saturday night, but it had been raining for two days and the mud was insane. In 1986 it was the Cure on Saturday night, who played to a backdrop of a lightning storm over the hills beyond the site - pure magic. In subsequent years I tended to avoid the main stages all together (the area was nicknamed Babylon), and ventured to all the alternative stuff instead. I think that's still good advice to this day: there's simply so much to see that's off the beaten track. In 2002 I came across a theatre actually undeground in the roots of a vast tree - believe it or not - that's the kind of stuff you might stumble upon if you go off-piste. Plus the comedy and alternative stages have brilliant acts.

If you're going this year, enjoy, I am kind of envious!
Glasto 2022 on 22:26 - Jun 24 with 4579 viewsRamseyR

Watched some great sets on iPlayer tonight
Sleaford Mods
Wet Leg
Dry Cleaning
Bonobo
and new to me.... Khruangbin
Glasto 2022 on 22:54 - Jun 24 with 4518 viewsloftboy

Is it me or is Billie Eilish miming?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Glasto 2022 on 23:23 - Jun 24 with 4465 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Glasto 2022 on 22:54 - Jun 24 by loftboy

Is it me or is Billie Eilish miming?

No but it's very processed and quite boring.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Glasto 2022 on 23:53 - Jun 24 with 4427 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

So Foals are still going then.

It's so sh1t. Where's Mick Lynch?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024