Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 50 QPR Players Podcast 11:22 - Mar 10 with 9107 viewsnorthwesthoop

Hello everybody at loftforwords, I'm James from the Hoops & Dreams forum and we are doing a summer podcast counting down the Top 50 QPR Players and we need your help to form the list. We want as many QPR fans to get involved as possible to really make it a representative list.

Edit > We have now moved on to the final phases with 51 players left, split between 3 groups > You can vote in these groups below

We've used "pub meeple" which is a fantastic tool that will allow you to rank each group by simply choosing between 2 players at a time.
At the end it gives you your own personal rankings... but at my end it will combine all of the votes to form an overall ranking for those in each group

It takes just a few minutes to rank each group of 17 players depending how fast you go, and it is a fun way of taking part - it is basically like a dating app... but choosing between QPR players! It gives you a progress bar at the top of the page as you make your way through the selections.

The links to each of the 3 final round groups are below:

Group 1 : https://www.pubmeeple.com/ranking-engine?t=8e204c8c-4e37-463e-b8c2-79c896163fb4

Group 2 : https://www.pubmeeple.com/ranking-engine?t=c18a8481-222c-4479-8456-41b09c5b1079

Group 3 : https://www.pubmeeple.com/ranking-engine?t=e98ad762-aaea-4ef7-b420-6fb6931332fe

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are using a mobile device you can just tap the name of the player you are voting for in each pairing

On a desktop computer you can either click on the name or use the left and right arrow keys to vote

Whatever device you are using their is an undo button you can click to go back to the previous choice if you click/select the wrong name

Your results will then be stored along with everybody else's at my end.

Have fun and thank you advance for taking part and helping us put this together!

Edit 29.5.22: the final countdown has started, you can watch on YouTube here

A massive thank you to everybody who voted
[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 8:04]
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 12:48 - Mar 10 with 7187 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks just completed - not easy comparing and selecting players from different eras
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 13:26 - Mar 10 with 7107 viewssoops

Good fun (but slightly stressful in a Sophie's Choice type of way!)
Right from the off with one of them - choose between Sir Les and Adel
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 13:49 - Mar 10 with 7045 viewsterryb

I've completed for what that is worth!

It was no problem getting a certain person bottom of group A or for my top players in all sections, but I definitely have some players lower in their section than they would have been in a different sector.
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 17:31 - Mar 10 with 6891 viewsnorthwesthoop

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 13:49 - Mar 10 by terryb

I've completed for what that is worth!

It was no problem getting a certain person bottom of group A or for my top players in all sections, but I definitely have some players lower in their section than they would have been in a different sector.

Yes that is luck of the draw - we only had 3 or 4 players maximum from each decade in each Group. We tried to make it as fair as possible but in something like this it will always give some people tougher choices in some groups rather than others depending who personal favourites are etc.
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 17:58 - Mar 10 with 6854 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nooooo.

I can't do that without some drugs in me! Too painful!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 19:23 - Mar 10 with 6733 viewsOldPedro

Found that quite interesting - tried to make each decision in a couple of seconds and not overthink it. Generally, the players I liked best in each group finished in my top 3 or 4.

Main thing was a certain person with initials JB ended up last!!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 19:48 - Mar 10 with 6712 viewsHooping_Mad

I completed two but couldn't cope with the commitment and see it out.....

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 23:28 - Mar 10 with 6557 viewsstevec

Matthew Rose v Karl Ready

That kept me occupied
Login to get fewer ads

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 05:06 - Mar 11 with 6489 viewsdixiedean

Never liked Rose after he let his contract run down, claiming he could walk into championship teams , then ate humble pie when he didn’t. And I can’t stand sick notes made of glass . Get another job if you can’t hack it as a professional athlete.Oh and his back pass that ended in Chris Day’s broken leg . Ready gets my vote!
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 11:17 - Mar 11 with 6405 viewsnorthwesthoop

Matthew Rose definitely seems to score low in terms of number of QPR appearances to popularity.

There can't be many - if any - players who appeared for QPR over 250 times but don't have enduring popularity.

Usually playing for QPR that many times over x amount of years would make you a popular figure.
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 13:38 - Mar 11 with 6304 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The winner gets a stand named after them*

Always thought it a shame we never signed Nat Lofthouse. Bloke was a legend and we’d have been able to name the home end without any kerfuffles.

* subject to funding

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 12:38 - Mar 18 with 5993 viewsnorthwesthoop

Thank you to everybody who voted last week (there were a lot of you) it is greatly appreciated.

To help us whittle it down to the Top 50 we have 2 short Play Offs this week

These are smaller Groups - just 2 groups of 12 players - so it is even quicker to take part

To take part in Play Off 1 just click this link > https://rankingengine.pubmeeple.com/?t=886693f7-d3e9-4afc-850b-e8d9546bf123

and

To take part in Play Off 2 just click this link > https://rankingengine.pubmeeple.com/?t=48e5ab11-e133-4727-9834-a344386308aa

Enjoy!
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 14:29]
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 13:16 - Mar 18 with 5933 viewsterryb

Please could you make these accessable from this thread.
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 14:19 - Mar 18 with 5841 viewsOldPedro

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 13:16 - Mar 18 by terryb

I just copied the links and pasted them into a browser and that worked

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 14:29 - Mar 18 with 5824 viewsnorthwesthoop

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 13:16 - Mar 18 by terryb

Done, post edited. Cheers!
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 12:58 - Mar 20 with 5574 viewsDylanP

This is brilliant. Comparing completely different sorts of player across completely different eras. Really hard TBH. It seems to work out in the end because when I looked at each of my final lists, I liked the way things ended up.

Thanks for the opportunity to play

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 13:54 - Apr 16 with 5234 viewsnorthwesthoop

Thank you to everybody who voted in the earlier rounds and I am back now to provide your Easter fun as we have moved on to the later rounds in our search for the Top 50 QPR Players!

Based on the votes in the first set of groups and the play offs we have now eliminated over half the players and we are left with 51. They have been split into 3 groups, each containing 17 players.

The choices will be a lot harder now as pretty much every player left is a QPR legend or favourite in some way.

You can vote in each of the 3 groups by clicking the links below:

Group 1 : https://www.pubmeeple.com/ranking-engine?t=8e204c8c-4e37-463e-b8c2-79c896163fb4

Group 2 : https://www.pubmeeple.com/ranking-engine?t=c18a8481-222c-4479-8456-41b09c5b1079

Group 3 : https://www.pubmeeple.com/ranking-engine?t=e98ad762-aaea-4ef7-b420-6fb6931332fe

We are again using "pub meeple" which will allow you to rank each group by choosing between 2 players at a time and at the end it gives you your own personal list... but at my end it will combine all of the votes to form an overall ranking for the players in each group. Pub Meeple has recently been updated but works exactly the same way. One tip to note is if you want the screen white rather than black you have to click the sun icon in the top right corner of the screen.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are using a mobile device you can just tap the name of the player you are voting for in each pairing

On a desktop computer you can either click on the name or use the left and right arrow keys to vote

Whatever device you are using their is an undo button you can click to go back to the previous choice if you click/select the wrong name

At the end it will display your own rankings based on your selections in that group and you can just exit the programme. Your results will then be stored along with everybody else's at my end.

I've edited the links in my opening post to these new groups too, to avoid any confusion

Thank you again for taking part and have fun
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 20:47 - Apr 16 with 4943 viewsitsbiga

Some of those was like Sophies Choice!

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 07:08 - Apr 17 with 4779 viewsbakerloo8

Really enjoyable that, top 3 or 4 in every group I was happy with.

Francis v Marsh? Mind blown 🤯
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 09:11 - Apr 17 with 4719 viewsOldPedro

Lots of difficult choices - I started off with Sir Les vs Alan McDonald!!

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 14:42 - Apr 17 with 4613 viewsnorthwesthoop

Certainly incredibly hard choices at times!

By the way where do you guys stand on Marc Bircham? On our forum it seems he splits opinion which surprised me... some (myself included) say he's well worthy of being in the discussion, others think he should be nowhere near the Top 50. Thoughts?
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 15:15 - Apr 17 with 4589 viewsLadbrokeR

I think I understand what’s happening here but I don’t mean to unhelpful it’s impossible to do.
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 15:34 - Apr 17 with 4573 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 14:42 - Apr 17 by northwesthoop

Certainly incredibly hard choices at times!

By the way where do you guys stand on Marc Bircham? On our forum it seems he splits opinion which surprised me... some (myself included) say he's well worthy of being in the discussion, others think he should be nowhere near the Top 50. Thoughts?

Fortunate enough to be in the discussion, I think.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 21:05 - Apr 17 with 4409 viewsMyke

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 15:34 - Apr 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Fortunate enough to be in the discussion, I think.

Passionate QPR fan who wore his heart on his sleeve - average player
Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 03:44 - Apr 18 with 4286 viewsDylanP

Top 50 QPR Players Vote on 21:05 - Apr 17 by Myke

Passionate QPR fan who wore his heart on his sleeve - average player

Birch was a good player and an important part of the team. Not great player. His passion and love of the team (probably deservedly) gets him in the discussion.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024