Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time 12:53 - Nov 23 with 1644 viewsbosh67

Worth remembering just how good he was.

He had the lot!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time on 12:57 - Nov 23 with 1634 viewsJuzzie

I'd wager most of the people berating him are too young to have seen him play so don't really know what he did.
For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time on 13:32 - Nov 23 with 1550 viewsLoyalitat

Excellent player who had the lot. He played his entire career in the premier league and racked up 149 premier league goals in 350 odd games. Truly impressive numbers. Needless to say that his departure to Newcastle, led to our relegation the season after.
In his last three years at the R's, he scored 60 goals in just 110 premier league games. That's just nuts.
Great striker indeed, at a time when England were spoilt for choice in that position.
For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time on 01:59 - Nov 24 with 1355 viewsnumptydumpty

When I went very regularly.

Wasn't old enough to go and see 75 76 team but the early 90s fantastic team, strong in all positions with Les as the powerhouse up top.

Yep there are several on here that very critical of the man, but his bullet headers, powerhouse shooting and incredible pace allied to an Immensely talented team, that team could have been even better.

People I guess could be unaware of this and also what exactly is his role, but he has been a top top QPR man throughout and he certainly has the term QPR legend, most definitely !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time on 05:38 - Nov 24 with 1283 viewsSydneyRs

On his day was completely unplayable. Pace, power, finishing, heading, he really did have it all as a striker.

I was at his breakthrough game v Chelsea when he was still quite raw but ran them ragged and scores twice. He only got better after that.
For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time on 06:16 - Nov 24 with 1277 viewsnumptydumpty

For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time on 05:38 - Nov 24 by SydneyRs

On his day was completely unplayable. Pace, power, finishing, heading, he really did have it all as a striker.

I was at his breakthrough game v Chelsea when he was still quite raw but ran them ragged and scores twice. He only got better after that.

Was at that game too.

No Internet then, no satellite TV and only four TV channels, so very little QPR news at all.

I knew nothing about him prior to that game. He made it look easy. Went with my QPR pal to the game in South Africa Road stand and his two brothers, one a West Ham fan, the other Chelsea.

And in those days, Chelsea scored and half the people around you were Chelsea fans.

What a debut.

Am surprised if he has zero input into working with our strikers. Missed opportunity if he doesn't..

For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time on 07:25 - Nov 24 with 1227 viewsBrianMcCarthy

For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time on 06:16 - Nov 24 by numptydumpty

Was at that game too.

No Internet then, no satellite TV and only four TV channels, so very little QPR news at all.

I knew nothing about him prior to that game. He made it look easy. Went with my QPR pal to the game in South Africa Road stand and his two brothers, one a West Ham fan, the other Chelsea.

And in those days, Chelsea scored and half the people around you were Chelsea fans.

What a debut.

Am surprised if he has zero input into working with our strikers. Missed opportunity if he doesn't..

Armstrong is one of a few who've said he works with them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time on 08:26 - Nov 24 with 1173 viewsWA_Hoop

For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time on 06:16 - Nov 24 by numptydumpty

Was at that game too.

What a debut.

Me too! Glorious afternoon, made even sweeter when, after the game I greeted my, down in the mouth, Chelsea supporting mate who had spent the afternoon with their assorted neanderthals in the away end. You know where you can stick your celery!
For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time on 09:58 - Nov 24 with 1102 viewsnumptydumpty

For those who sometimes give Sir Les a hard time on 08:26 - Nov 24 by WA_Hoop

Me too! Glorious afternoon, made even sweeter when, after the game I greeted my, down in the mouth, Chelsea supporting mate who had spent the afternoon with their assorted neanderthals in the away end. You know where you can stick your celery!

Ingenious lyrics to that Celery number, and on a similar but different slant for where the blue flag could be inserted !!! 😊

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024