Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amit interview 14:15 - Jun 21 with 6691 viewsHayesender

Apparently Amit gave an interview on sky sports today. I haven't seen it, but I've copied this from Facebook.

For those who didn't see Amit gave an interview to sky's ports news today.
He didn't give much away.
* Was pretty tight lipped about transfers, indicated we might not sell best players, but didn't rule it out. Said expected a couple in and mentioned word loan often.
* indicated there's no director of football replacement happening straight away and situation will be reviewed.
* indicated still no news on new stadium but gave the usual story about how we tried etc. He didn't 100% rule out a move towards stadium near training ground in future.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Amit interview on 14:30 - Jun 21 with 5765 viewsdaveB

Amit interview on 14:37 - Jun 21 with 5720 viewsHayesender

Amit interview on 14:30 - Jun 21 by daveB

Ah cheers

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Amit interview on 15:24 - Jun 21 with 5401 viewsdmm

As much as it's hard to dislike Amit, he is well versed in saying lots of words that add up to very little. After listening to that I now know precisely what I knew before.
Amit interview on 15:29 - Jun 21 with 5365 viewsHunterhoop

Amit interview on 15:24 - Jun 21 by dmm

As much as it's hard to dislike Amit, he is well versed in saying lots of words that add up to very little. After listening to that I now know precisely what I knew before.

But what else can he say. I think that was very professional, if dull.

“Yes, players will be sold and have to be sold and we’ll do the best we can to bring in other players within our budget who will help us be competitive.”

I’d be astonished if more than 2 or Chair, Willock, Dieng, and Dykes are here by the end of the transfer window.
Amit interview on 15:50 - Jun 21 with 5186 viewsGloucs_R

It did make me chuckle when he mentioned that we are in League One....

Clearly planning for the future 😂
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 16:44]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Amit interview on 15:51 - Jun 21 with 5193 viewsQPROslo

Didn't hear him mention the DoF position in that interview, but I struggle to see how Gareth can manage all the football operations at the Club effectively even now pre-season when so many changes look like being made to the Ist team. I hope Warburton or similar is brought in pronto.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 15:52]
Amit interview on 15:51 - Jun 21 with 5187 viewsnix

I met him today at the opening of the training ground. He was very gracious and chatted to everyone who was interested in speaking to him. But as Hunter said he's not going to let slip anything that will:

a) get the fans all riled up only for it to fall through

b) give the competition anything that could be used against us.

His job today was to publicise the training ground, celebrate the achievements, thank Sir Les for all he's done, welcome everyone who's supported the bond. He did that really well.

Incidentally I was very impressed with the facilities. The training ground seems to have been really well thought through and I like the way it is all about getting the younger players to aspire to being first team players one day (the academy restaurant has a list of all the players that have graduated from the Academy to the first team, for instance. Also very impressed with all the back room staff who all seemed to be totally committed to their jobs and love being involved with the club.

Also met Lee Hoos who was in jovial mood and I can imagine is a formidable wheeler dealer as he has tremendous energy.

GA looks very focused for the new season. All the players arrive tomorrow and will be put through all their fitness and medical tests ready for training proper to start on Monday.
Amit interview on 16:06 - Jun 21 with 5020 viewsDannyPaddox

Director of Football? I think you mean Director of Hoofball.

Login to get fewer ads

Amit interview on 16:37 - Jun 21 with 4814 viewsdmm

Amit interview on 15:51 - Jun 21 by nix

I met him today at the opening of the training ground. He was very gracious and chatted to everyone who was interested in speaking to him. But as Hunter said he's not going to let slip anything that will:

His job today was to publicise the training ground, celebrate the achievements, thank Sir Les for all he's done, welcome everyone who's supported the bond. He did that really well.

Incidentally I was very impressed with the facilities. The training ground seems to have been really well thought through and I like the way it is all about getting the younger players to aspire to being first team players one day (the academy restaurant has a list of all the players that have graduated from the Academy to the first team, for instance. Also very impressed with all the back room staff who all seemed to be totally committed to their jobs and love being involved with the club.

Also met Lee Hoos who was in jovial mood and I can imagine is a formidable wheeler dealer as he has tremendous energy.

GA looks very focused for the new season. All the players arrive tomorrow and will be put through all their fitness and medical tests ready for training proper to start on Monday.

Nix, I must say I'm impressed you got an invite to the opening. Pray tell how you managed that!
Amit interview on 16:51 - Jun 21 with 4713 viewsJeff

Amit interview on 16:37 - Jun 21 by dmm

Nix, I must say I'm impressed you got an invite to the opening. Pray tell how you managed that!

Bond holders of a certain level of investment were invited - Gaza and I were also there, and have to say it’s veeeery impressive indeed…

Can we not knock it?

Amit interview on 17:10 - Jun 21 with 4589 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Amit interview on 15:29 - Jun 21 by Hunterhoop

But what else can he say. I think that was very professional, if dull.

“Yes, players will be sold and have to be sold and we’ll do the best we can to bring in other players within our budget who will help us be competitive.”

I’d be astonished if more than 2 or Chair, Willock, Dieng, and Dykes are here by the end of the transfer window.

This. It's frustrating for fans who want news but Amit's right to play a straight bat.

As for departures, Willock, Dieng and Dykes all need to go if they're unwilling to extend their contracts. There's no pressing need to sell Chair unless a very significant offer comes in.
Amit interview on 17:46 - Jun 21 with 4337 viewsHastings_Hoops

Amit interview on 17:10 - Jun 21 by Benny_the_Ball

This. It's frustrating for fans who want news but Amit's right to play a straight bat.

As for departures, Willock, Dieng and Dykes all need to go if they're unwilling to extend their contracts. There's no pressing need to sell Chair unless a very significant offer comes in.

…other than the £10m FFP black hole that we need to plug this year.
Amit interview on 17:49 - Jun 21 with 4314 viewsnix

Amit interview on 16:37 - Jun 21 by dmm

I'd love to say it's because I'm in the know but as Jeff said it's because I'm a bond holder of a certain investment. I think there were 260 people altogether and some were commercial partners, others were friends and family. I got talking to the family of the young analyst that tragically died at a very young age from cancer, for instance. Lovely that the club includes those kinds of people, I'm sure it meant to lot to his mum and family.

Sir Les got a very warm welcome and was clearly quite choked to be leaving but it seems very amicable.

I also spoke to the legend that is Nick London, who is good fun and also adores his job. He said he knows when he's gone too far because Sints goes quiet on him!
Amit interview on 17:50 - Jun 21 with 4300 viewsnix

Amit interview on 16:51 - Jun 21 by Jeff

Bond holders of a certain level of investment were invited - Gaza and I were also there, and have to say it’s veeeery impressive indeed…

Did you speak to anyone interesting Jeff?
Amit interview on 18:03 - Jun 21 with 4216 viewsJeff

Amit interview on 17:50 - Jun 21 by nix

Did you speak to anyone interesting Jeff?

Funnily enough I was with Nick London most of the time as we know each other quite well (mainly through Clive) and as a result plenty of people came to Nick and I spoke to the, by proxy - Amit, Ruben, Lee Hoos, Sints, and Langley I all spoke to in some capacity, all very charming (and media trained! As you would expect)

Can we not knock it?

Amit interview on 18:29 - Jun 21 with 4072 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Amit interview on 15:51 - Jun 21 by nix

Nix, I assume those on international breaks will be given a little more time off? My cynical joke was going to be, do we have enough manikins to stand in for the players we don't have!
Amit interview on 18:33 - Jun 21 with 4044 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Amit interview on 17:46 - Jun 21 by Hastings_Hoops

…other than the £10m FFP black hole that we need to plug this year.

Do we? I think you'll find that P&S is a little more intricate than that.

In any event, selling Dykes, Willock and Dieng (together with the release of JoJo) should go a long way to relieving P&S pressure. With respect to Chair, every player has their price. However, he is contracted to 2025 so I expect a buyer to meet the club's valuation. What that valuation is, is anyone's guess.

As Amit said, there will be some out-goings and some incomings. This is normal in football. I'm more concerned about the general football philosophy for the coming season as this will dictate who we bring in.
Amit interview on 19:35 - Jun 21 with 3802 viewsnix

Amit interview on 18:29 - Jun 21 by Welsh_Ranger

Nix, I assume those on international breaks will be given a little more time off? My cynical joke was going to be, do we have enough manikins to stand in for the players we don't have!

I didn't ask about the international players but they may expect them to come in and do all the fitness and medical tests? I get the feeling GA wants to get started as soon as possible. I guess you get the Razor Ruddock types who come back in the summer with a lot of extra timber, and then the Barbet types who probably don't put on a gram.

I think they might be wanting to bolster the ranks a bit!
Amit interview on 19:44 - Jun 21 with 3745 viewsTK1

Interviews with Reuben, Ainsworth, Alex Carroll, Lee Hoos, Gerry Francis (manages to get most of his humblebrag hits in within the first two minutes: spectacular work), Les' speech and others from today on this Radio London QPR special right now. Been on for nearly an hour. It's excellent. You can get it from the start here now, or on iplayer later:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_london
Amit interview on 20:49 - Jun 21 with 3478 viewsJuzzie

“ He didn't 100% rule out a move towards stadium near training ground in future”

That would put us slap bang in the middle of Brentford territory. We didn’t like it when Fulham were sniffing around the Dairy Crest site or Chelsea the north Kensington gas holders.

It would also put us more west than Brentford.
Amit interview on 02:27 - Jun 22 with 3007 viewsNov77

Amit interview on 19:44 - Jun 21 by TK1

Interviews with Reuben, Ainsworth, Alex Carroll, Lee Hoos, Gerry Francis (manages to get most of his humblebrag hits in within the first two minutes: spectacular work), Les' speech and others from today on this Radio London QPR special right now. Been on for nearly an hour. It's excellent. You can get it from the start here now, or on iplayer later:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_london

Yeah I listened to that, must be a slow news day today if bbc radio London can devote two broadcast hours to our little shambles.

Gerry bingo: runners up in the league, England captain etc, etc. disappointed to hear him say he thinks we should move out to Ruislip or thereabouts.

Nice to hear from paul goddard, didn’t realise he was from that neck of the woods.

Kevin gallen apparently “forgot” that he had broken Jimmy greaves scoring record in the south east counties (Chinny reckon kev).

Overall didn’t really learn anything new, can’t shake the belief that amit, Rueben, hoos and Ainsworth especially really don’t know how to make this club successful. Seems to be a lot of bluff and talking a good game.

Every single one of them stated how important this training ground is. We’ll see over the next few years whether it makes any difference.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Amit interview on 03:42 - Jun 22 with 2966 viewsLblock

Amit ……. love that geezer

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Amit interview on 07:55 - Jun 22 with 2739 viewsdmm

I'm really pleased to read the training ground is '...a project with impressive sustainability credentials. The facility features on-site renewable energy regeneration with 922m2 of solar photovoltaic panels, as well as extensive use of air source heat pumps.' https://bdcmagazine.com/2023/06/qpr-state-of-the-art-sustainable-heston-training

I hadn't come across any information about the building's sustainability before.
Amit interview on 08:37 - Jun 22 with 2586 viewsJeff

Amit interview on 07:55 - Jun 22 by dmm

I'm really pleased to read the training ground is '...a project with impressive sustainability credentials. The facility features on-site renewable energy regeneration with 922m2 of solar photovoltaic panels, as well as extensive use of air source heat pumps.' https://bdcmagazine.com/2023/06/qpr-state-of-the-art-sustainable-heston-training

I hadn't come across any information about the building's sustainability before.

Part of the tour took us onto the roof to look at their solar panels - solar power powers a significant amount of the buildings needs

Can we not knock it?

Amit interview on 08:38 - Jun 22 with 2584 viewsnix

Amit interview on 07:55 - Jun 22 by dmm

Oh yeah. I forgot about that bit. They actually took us up to show us the solar panels. 20% of their energy requirements apparently.

Also they will offer up the facilities to travelling clubs coming to London. Apparently Brentford make quite a lot of money from this with their training facilities.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024