Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing 00:15 - Jun 28 with 7995 viewsNorthernr

Always going to start announcing signings as soon as I've gone away on summer holidays weren't they? Anyway, for what it's worth, from sunny Portugal...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60396

This post has been edited by an administrator
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 00:38 - Jun 28 with 5974 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I love whwn you post around midnight Clive it gives me a chance to be first in .
Great job as always lets hope Smyth can re capyure that magic for us again.
Enjoy the break God knows you have earned it after last season
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 02:05 - Jun 28 with 5858 viewsAndybrat

Enjoy the sun, sending this from sunny Canada. Great signing and with Lyndon signing we have the makings of a front line with Taylor Richards in the mix. Clive, how many players were released by clubs? I think finances may play into our favour. We were all sorry to see Paul Smyth dumped, I think we have him back as a better player. If Illias stayed, optimism will increase, I think Lyndon extending will have an effect on others.
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 05:23 - Jun 28 with 5714 viewsswisscottage

I have to say he really does look like he's bulked up a bit at Orient, no doubt this has helped him a bit in staying fit and might well help him in the step up into the Championship.
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 05:33 - Jun 28 with 5698 viewsSydneyRs

We are becoming well prepared for operation p1ss league one in 2024/25.
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 07:53 - Jun 28 with 5332 viewsStevenageRanger

Had a quick look at Twitter earlier and see Paul's goodbye post. Comments from vast majority of Orient fans was hugely positive. Thungs like "Most exciting player I have seen in 40 years of going", "Feel like I shifted an inch or two forward in my seat everytime you got the ball" "Possibly the most exciting player I have seen at the Orient" "One of greatest I have seen put on the shirt"

You get the drift!!

Actually really excited that he has come back.
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 09:01 - Jun 28 with 5038 viewsWegerles_Stairs

It does show how much we've failed at being a 'development' club when we're literally buying back players we bought to develop.
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 09:07 - Jun 28 with 5019 viewsLoftgirl

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 09:01 - Jun 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

It does show how much we've failed at being a 'development' club when we're literally buying back players we bought to develop.

Isn't he free?
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 09:15 - Jun 28 with 4982 viewsStevenageRanger

He is free. Pretty low risk from the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 10:01 - Jun 28 with 4780 viewsstevec

Well we definitely need someone down that right side pushing sides back, though he might be shook up when he realises what’s directly behind him.

It’s the Scowen thing that bothers me. I thought he was dragged down by the supporters as his time ended here, rather unfair in his case. Better for all parties, perhaps, if he doesn’t come back.
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 10:16 - Jun 28 with 4710 viewsstainrods_elbow

There's no way Scowen, or Ball for that matter, will be good enough for us at this level, unless I'm proven right about a 'managed decline/relegation' agenda for this season. I'm cautiously pleased about Smyth's return, though we're still three or four decent players short, front to back, from being competitive, in my book. The next month's business should tell us a lot.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 10:23 - Jun 28 with 4675 viewsTheChef

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 10:01 - Jun 28 by stevec

Well we definitely need someone down that right side pushing sides back, though he might be shook up when he realises what’s directly behind him.

It’s the Scowen thing that bothers me. I thought he was dragged down by the supporters as his time ended here, rather unfair in his case. Better for all parties, perhaps, if he doesn’t come back.

Well yeah given the online abuse he got from some of our fans, I'd be surprised if he came back.

But we definitely need more backbone in midfield alongside Field.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 11:02 - Jun 28 with 4526 viewskernowhoop

The signing of Paul Smyth (plus the new contract for Dykes - an each-way bet for QPR) has cheered me up. Must be many more contributors to this board that feel the same.
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 11:08 - Jun 28 with 4494 viewsDejR_vu

Lay off the Dominator 🤨, far worse examples of the algorithm malfunctioning

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 11:47 - Jun 28 with 4366 viewshighleverhoopL

He may or may not make the grade but this feels much safer than the punts taken on eg Washington and Bonne
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 11:56 - Jun 28 with 4331 viewsAntti_Heinola

He's free and not on a huge wedge and can score goals at this level, so hopefully it's very low risk.

I wonder, if no one comes in for Ilias, whether Gaz could try playing him just behind / just off Dykes in the middle. If he sticks to the standard Holloway 4-4-2, 2 midfield cloggers, two pacy wide men formula, that might be interesting. Or, if it's 4-3-3, whether one nippy and one tricky either side of Dykes would work. Probably not.

Bare bones.

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 12:07 - Jun 28 with 4272 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 11:56 - Jun 28 by Antti_Heinola

He's free and not on a huge wedge and can score goals at this level, so hopefully it's very low risk.

I wonder, if no one comes in for Ilias, whether Gaz could try playing him just behind / just off Dykes in the middle. If he sticks to the standard Holloway 4-4-2, 2 midfield cloggers, two pacy wide men formula, that might be interesting. Or, if it's 4-3-3, whether one nippy and one tricky either side of Dykes would work. Probably not.

I've often thought, rightly or wrongly that Chair could do a job sitting in a midfield 3 playing much deeper. Undoubtedly we would miss his creativity further forward but alongside two sitting midfielders he has the engine to both get forward and put a tackle in.
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 12:50 - Jun 28 with 4113 viewsdaveB

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 11:08 - Jun 28 by DejR_vu

Lay off the Dominator 🤨, far worse examples of the algorithm malfunctioning

If no algorithms turn up Dom Ball you could change the algorithms as thats exactly the type of midfield player we need, Sam Field just won POTY for doing what Ball did and cost us nothing in transfer fees
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 13:18 - Jun 28 with 4011 viewsNorthernr

The amount of times lately I chuck a throwaway semi serious line like that Dom Ball one into a piece at the last minute and that’s the bit ppl pick up on out of 2500 words
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 14:36 - Jun 28 with 3717 viewsDorse

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 13:18 - Jun 28 by Northernr

The amount of times lately I chuck a throwaway semi serious line like that Dom Ball one into a piece at the last minute and that’s the bit ppl pick up on out of 2500 words

#announcedom

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 14:42 - Jun 28 with 3683 viewsNorthantsHoop

Always seemed a bit lightweight to me and injury prone, even some Orient supporters are saying he spends a lot of time on the treatment table.
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 14:49 - Jun 28 with 3647 viewsdaveB

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 13:18 - Jun 28 by Northernr

Sorry didn't mean it as a dig, I get what you meant
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 16:05 - Jun 28 with 3417 viewsDejR_vu

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 12:50 - Jun 28 by daveB

If no algorithms turn up Dom Ball you could change the algorithms as thats exactly the type of midfield player we need, Sam Field just won POTY for doing what Ball did and cost us nothing in transfer fees

Much maligned, I had him down as captain material 🤷🏻‍♂️

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 16:06 - Jun 28 with 3414 viewsDejR_vu

It was tongue in cheek, hence the 🤨. No reflection on the article.

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 17:52 - Jun 28 with 3138 viewswesty

Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 10:16 - Jun 28 by stainrods_elbow

There's no way Scowen, or Ball for that matter, will be good enough for us at this level, unless I'm proven right about a 'managed decline/relegation' agenda for this season. I'm cautiously pleased about Smyth's return, though we're still three or four decent players short, front to back, from being competitive, in my book. The next month's business should tell us a lot.

I’ll be surprised if Lewis Wing doesn’t get announced in the next few days. I think he’d be a good addition, he’s hardy as proved with his games tally, he works hard and still has a point to prove. Definitely too good for Lg1 in my humble opinion
Smyth somersaults all the way back to QPR — Signing on 18:36 - Jun 28 with 3054 viewsParkRoyalR

Always liked Smyth,

Thought our home fans over-reacted when he was bashed about a bit in a home game against Sheffield United and lost possession a few times trying to gamely carry the ball up the pitch and relieve pressure on the defence, was subbed early and got alot of grief but I saw a player playing for the team rather than himself, which I admire,

Had a good chat with him think following year when he was in the away end at Wigan (we loaned him out to Accrington Stanley) also met him away at Reading, was totally sound and just wanted to be out on the pitch, already stands him apart from a fair few of lasts years squad, wish him the best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024