Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders 08:51 - Jul 31 with 2814 viewsNorthernr

Here we go then. The bookies' favourites to start...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60530
Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 09:46 - Jul 31 with 2638 viewssparkey

Going to go on a limb and assume we're not in this one
Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 09:47 - Jul 31 with 2623 viewsloftus77

Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 09:46 - Jul 31 by sparkey

Oh no - we get referenced a lot...

Great write-up Clive - thanks.
Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 09:47 - Jul 31 with 2630 viewsNorthernr

Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 09:46 - Jul 31 by sparkey

Well this is the other 23 teams, so there isn't a qpr section, but yes fair to assume I haven't placed us high.
Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 15:29 - Jul 31 with 2011 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Another brilliant write up but I cant figure out if its fun for you or sad knowing we are so far away from these teams for multiple reasons .
One quick question for LFW posters , is Brendan Rodgers that poor of a manager or was it just time he moved on at Leicester .
Will he lead Celtic to continued success or blow it and allow Beale to get the glory in winning the SPL
Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 15:41 - Jul 31 with 1990 viewsHayesender

Leeds outs has made me laugh

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 16:35 - Jul 31 with 1830 viewsterryb

This is getting scary - near agreement on Norwich & Watford. Although I would have had them the other way round!

I don't suppose you're joining me in putting Millwall even lower?
Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 16:40 - Jul 31 with 1815 viewsslmrstid

Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 15:29 - Jul 31 by CLAREMAN1995

Another brilliant write up but I cant figure out if its fun for you or sad knowing we are so far away from these teams for multiple reasons .
One quick question for LFW posters , is Brendan Rodgers that poor of a manager or was it just time he moved on at Leicester .
Will he lead Celtic to continued success or blow it and allow Beale to get the glory in winning the SPL

In my (local) view Leicester struggled because, a bit like QPR in the mid-90s, they thought they could sell some big names and then not replace them properly but still stay up overall and got caught cold, badly. The place absolutely stunk of complacency that they thought they were now one of the big clubs in the country because of the success of the last decade, then when they found it tough didn't know how to get out of it again, and only too late did they properly realise they're not too big to go down.
Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 17:42 - Jul 31 with 1710 viewsderbyhoop

It's a nightmare trying to do predictions when there are still weeks to go in the transfer window. For example, Sunderland could lose both Clarke and Stewart. That could easily scupper their chances.
The bookies always go for the the 3 relegated sides. With parachute payments and, quite often, high value sales, they start with a huge advantage over the other 21 teams. However, it didn't work for Watford or Norwich; last season. Neither Leeds nor Southampton seem to be in good shape. Leeds supporting mate thinks they'll finish mid table.
I suspect your predictions aren't too far away, although may be over negative about Watford and Norwich.
Although this season is likely to be highly competitive, I think there's an awful lot of mid table mediocrity and a handful of teams trying to avoid the bottom 3. That last group includes QPR unless I'm mistaken.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 20:12 - Jul 31 with 1517 viewsAntti_Heinola

Incredible labour of love (hate?).
Thanks Clive - helped pass a good hour on the plane today.

Bare bones.

Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 20:19 - Jul 31 with 1501 viewsPunteR

Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 09:47 - Jul 31 by loftus77

Oh no - we get referenced a lot...

Great write-up Clive - thanks.

Straight away in fact.
"arguably not since Glenn Roeder brought a West Ham squad containing Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Jermain Defoe, Paolo Di Canio, Trevor Sinclair, Les Ferdinand, David James, Tomas Repka and others down from the Premier League has a more talented, well-furnished outfit been relegated from the top division in this country."

Wow, just wow!. How on earth did that West Ham team get relegated..?

(Obviously Glen Roeder is the QPR reference)
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 20:20]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Season Preview 23/24 – Contenders on 14:17 - Aug 1 with 1012 viewsscheza

"To their credit, they very rarely get the sackings wrong" is just a stunning piece of praise for the Watford owners.

For what it's worth (little, I suspect), I went to the Darmstadt v Norwich friendly a few weeks ago (as you do) and thought Delia's lot looked excellent: well drilled, clear pattern of play, physical when necessary.

This was admittedly against a team that's only just gone up to the Bundesliga and was a week or two behind in their preparation, but I reckon Wagner will do alright with them this season (assuming behind the scenes stuff doesn't derail them)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024