Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cricket 23:59 - Sep 4 with 3058 viewsdigswellhoop

thet now want cricket on Olympics
no tennis cricket golf then boxing wrestling could be banned NO PROFTION
AL SPORTS SHOULD BE ALLOWED
cricket on 00:05 - Sep 5 with 3037 viewsnumptydumpty

Football has always been in the Olympics though

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

cricket on 02:07 - Sep 5 with 2988 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It seems to me that the majority of sports that have been added in my lifetime, should not. They're long established outside of the Olympics, with their own Slams, Majors, World Cups, and World Series etc., at this rate, its only a matter of time before F1 joins.

Aside of such a purists view, more participants, officials and fans will drive up costs. We've been fortunate to gave a friend's place in Paris next year, but go on the booking sites and the prices are mindboggling; throw in more people and carnage.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

cricket on 02:27 - Sep 5 with 2973 viewsSydneyRs

cricket on 02:07 - Sep 5 by PlanetHonneywood

It seems to me that the majority of sports that have been added in my lifetime, should not. They're long established outside of the Olympics, with their own Slams, Majors, World Cups, and World Series etc., at this rate, its only a matter of time before F1 joins.

Aside of such a purists view, more participants, officials and fans will drive up costs. We've been fortunate to gave a friend's place in Paris next year, but go on the booking sites and the prices are mindboggling; throw in more people and carnage.

Certain countries would be pushing for things like cricket because they happen to be one of the few nations that care about it. No way in my view should a sport where only a handful of countries play it at a serious level should be included. I'm aware that sports like that (handball, greco roman wrestling and others) are already part of the games of course. What next, rugby league? Gridiron? Aussie Rules football? Darts?
cricket on 05:49 - Sep 5 with 2927 viewsstowmarketrange

cricket on 02:27 - Sep 5 by SydneyRs

Certain countries would be pushing for things like cricket because they happen to be one of the few nations that care about it. No way in my view should a sport where only a handful of countries play it at a serious level should be included. I'm aware that sports like that (handball, greco roman wrestling and others) are already part of the games of course. What next, rugby league? Gridiron? Aussie Rules football? Darts?

There is breakdancing at next year’s olympics in Paris.How the fuk is that a sport?
cricket on 09:28 - Sep 5 with 2786 viewsRs_Holy

cricket on 02:27 - Sep 5 by SydneyRs

I've always thought this shouldn't be in the Olympics ... it has to to be the most elitist thing in sport?

[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 10:43]
cricket on 11:42 - Sep 5 with 2707 viewsderbyhoop

cricket on 02:07 - Sep 5 by PlanetHonneywood

Amen to that John.
Hotel we used at last New Year cost 100€.
For Olympics they want 400€ per night.

I managed to get an apartment near Gare St Lazare, but that's 500€ for 2 nights

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

cricket on 12:23 - Sep 5 with 2657 viewstoboboly

cricket on 09:28 - Sep 5 by Rs_Holy

I've always thought this shouldn't be in the Olympics ... it has to to be the most elitist thing in sport?

I can sort of see why this was in the Olympics, historically cavalry manoeuvres and skills were important and this is the modern, non-military version.

Besides I would rather they did this than charged around murdering foxes.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

cricket on 12:27 - Sep 5 with 2645 viewsJuzzie

cricket on 12:23 - Sep 5 by toboboly

I can sort of see why this was in the Olympics, historically cavalry manoeuvres and skills were important and this is the modern, non-military version.

Besides I would rather they did this than charged around murdering foxes.

Surely Olympics is about human endeavour?
Login to get fewer ads

cricket on 12:36 - Sep 5 with 2619 viewstoboboly

cricket on 12:27 - Sep 5 by Juzzie

Started off as shows of martial and physical prowess in Greece. Also I think the ability to work with a horse to complete complex tactics/strategies/movements was previously seen as skilled and would count as human endeavour.

Ever seen modern pentathlon? Now that is fun madness when you get home after the pub and the time difference has it starting at 11pm!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

cricket on 14:51 - Sep 5 with 2527 viewsCLAREMAN1995

cricket on 09:28 - Sep 5 by Rs_Holy

Wow that was incredible what a beautiful horse and rider combination.
I can see why this would be in the Olympics if this is the level the horses compete at.
Its way safer than show jumping or racing and forget about steeplechase on horse and rider welfare .
I had a dream of getting some land and having a horse or 2 since I was small and we had an incredible mare on our little farm way back in the other century of course .
That dream is over now but I still love horses and try to contribute to their welfare when ever I can.
Incredible ,inteligent powerful animals
cricket on 15:04 - Sep 5 with 2496 viewsRs_Holy

cricket on 12:27 - Sep 5 by Juzzie

yep... and inclusivity. You've got to be a multi-millionaire to even think about taking it up seriously.
cricket on 15:18 - Sep 5 with 2460 viewsPlanetHonneywood

cricket on 11:42 - Sep 5 by derbyhoop

Amen to that John.
Hotel we used at last New Year cost 100€.
For Olympics they want 400€ per night.

I managed to get an apartment near Gare St Lazare, but that's 500€ for 2 nights

Mon ami.

Same with us: hotel we stayed in Paris earlier in the year, trebled their prices also. We looked on one site, and saw an apartment for €71,000 (seventy one thousand!!) for four nights!

We're going to Normandy first, then arrive in Paris for a week from 25th Jul. (not sure where, as Mrs. PH sorted it). If that ties in with you, then let's 'ave it!

Speaking of sports that shouldn't be there: we're at the 7s final on the 27th, tennis next day and rowing the day after. Will try get more tickets in due course.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

cricket on 18:43 - Sep 5 with 2339 viewsslmrstid

The 1948 Olympics in London included competitions for Architecture (with a Gold medal for "Town Planning"), Literature, Music, Painting and Graphic Art and Sculpture - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_competitions_at_the_1948_Summer_Olympics

There is an Olympic monument on the buildings that now stand on White City Stadium which is of course just 5 minute walk away from QPR that is well worth a look if you've never seen it before.

The Paris 2024 marathon event is also going to be a mass running event as well as an elite race, for the first time in Olympic history. Be very cool to run and say you've run in the Olympics (sort of), but given the already insane accommodation prices in Paris I dread to think how high they'll go for 30,000+ runners all trying to stay as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024