Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The week in QPR – Preview 15:14 - Oct 20 with 3510 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61093
The week in QPR – Preview on 15:40 - Oct 20 with 3407 viewsNewYorkRanger

Christ it's grim isn't it? Hard to argue with any of this - you do wonder if people up the hierarchy at the club read this. And if they do, what do they think? Would be good to know what the owners are really thinking and planning.
Like many, I now cannot watch Ainsworth's interviews either pre or post-match. I get that he can't come out and say we're doomed, but what he does say, and the way he says it is frankly a massive p*ss take.
As you say, it would very QPR to win 1-0 on Saturday. But it's even harder than ever to see how that happens with this team.
URRRRRRS? :)

Glory hunter, me

The week in QPR – Preview on 16:02 - Oct 20 with 3332 viewsQPunkR

Bleak. Very bleak.

QPR - "shit but local"

The week in QPR – Preview on 16:03 - Oct 20 with 3328 viewsterryb

Good luck to all of the travelling fans.

The win at 'boro didn't surprise me, but a win tomorrow would astonish me! I can't believe Clive that you've predicted a win!
The week in QPR – Preview on 16:05 - Oct 20 with 3326 viewsNorthernr

The week in QPR – Preview on 16:03 - Oct 20 by terryb

Good luck to all of the travelling fans.

The win at 'boro didn't surprise me, but a win tomorrow would astonish me! I can't believe Clive that you've predicted a win!

It was mainly for punchline purposes. I'd be amazed.

I'd be pretty surprised if we get there looking at the state of the trains today.
The week in QPR – Preview on 16:07 - Oct 20 with 3322 viewsSuperhoop83

I've upvoted this before even reading it because I know it will be good and because Clive's writing is the only thing that keeps me sane before and after QPR matches.

To think that I used to look forward to Saturdays...

Suffering since 1978.

The week in QPR – Preview on 16:40 - Oct 20 with 3222 viewsderbyhoop

The one ray of light is that they are almost as likely to concede as we are, and they are not prolific either.
As Clive says, it would be very QPR to win, but I struggle to see it.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 16:42]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The week in QPR – Preview on 16:55 - Oct 20 with 3176 viewsjoe90

The week in QPR – Preview on 17:03 - Oct 20 with 3145 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I love the QPR goal scorer in your predication, I nearly choked on my apple 🤣.
The most depressing read for a long time, our club is an embarrassment.

2-0 Huddersfield.
Login to get fewer ads

The week in QPR – Preview on 17:42 - Oct 20 with 3051 viewsR_from_afar

threnody
ˈθrɛnədi
noun
a lament.
a brooding threnody to urban desolation.

Any piece about Rangers is becoming a threnody, while we supporters are not so much a fanbase now as a self-help group

Thanks as ever for the preview, they must be torture to write given how hopeless things are at the moment. Another matchday, and once more, Rangers take a coracle to a powerboat race.

However awful the outcome of the game, let's try not to turn on each other. We all suffer from the same allegiance to this dysfunctional football club.

You Rssss

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The week in QPR – Preview on 18:40 - Oct 20 with 2902 viewsG_Ottershaw

liked the prediction, could picture alan hanson using those words on match of the day
The week in QPR – Preview on 21:09 - Oct 20 with 2598 viewsSpen

The final line absolutely summed everything up. Outstanding.
The week in QPR – Preview on 21:23 - Oct 20 with 2569 viewsVancouverHoop

I missed the Blackburn debacle and, due to covid, I'll most likely miss tomorrow's match too. Ordinarily I'd be well p-o'd but I'm really rather relieved. Finding out we lost again will give me a minute or two's depression, rather than living through two hours of agony.
The week in QPR – Preview on 21:34 - Oct 20 with 2548 viewsPaddyhoops

The week in QPR – Preview on 18:40 - Oct 20 by G_Ottershaw

liked the prediction, could picture alan hanson using those words on match of the day

Aye. You’ll never win anything with c**ts
The week in QPR – Preview on 09:13 - Oct 21 with 2033 viewsstevec

I can’t seem to find that goalscorer on the interactive predictions option.

Can you refer this to your tech department in time for the game please?
The week in QPR – Preview on 09:43 - Oct 21 with 1993 viewsE15Hoop

Watching GA's pre-match interview on the offish this week, following on from the Steve Cook piece was actually quite revealing, I thnk.

Matt Webb made a point of asking him directly what the team had been working on over this international break, at which point GA shuffled backwards in his chair and looked briefly uneasily to the left-hand side and came out with the classic "Well I don't want to go into too much detail".

Aside from that remark being borderline offensive in itself, implying that we as the fanbase aren't either important enough or sophisticated enough to understand the in-depth technicalities of whatever tailored training regime they've supposedly been putting themselves through, it spoke volumes about GA's current state of mind - and not in a good way.

One thing I really miss about having the Warbler in charge is that he would alwys answer these questions directly and honestly, and to use one of his favourite words, respectfully. GA would do well to follow this example whilst he still has some goodwill credit left in the bank.
The week in QPR – Preview on 10:46 - Oct 21 with 1877 viewsNov77

The week in QPR – Preview on 09:43 - Oct 21 by E15Hoop

Watching GA's pre-match interview on the offish this week, following on from the Steve Cook piece was actually quite revealing, I thnk.

Matt Webb made a point of asking him directly what the team had been working on over this international break, at which point GA shuffled backwards in his chair and looked briefly uneasily to the left-hand side and came out with the classic "Well I don't want to go into too much detail".

Aside from that remark being borderline offensive in itself, implying that we as the fanbase aren't either important enough or sophisticated enough to understand the in-depth technicalities of whatever tailored training regime they've supposedly been putting themselves through, it spoke volumes about GA's current state of mind - and not in a good way.

One thing I really miss about having the Warbler in charge is that he would alwys answer these questions directly and honestly, and to use one of his favourite words, respectfully. GA would do well to follow this example whilst he still has some goodwill credit left in the bank.

Think Holloway said it recently, “you just have to blag it”. Something good managers don’t have to do.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024