Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio silence - Preview 09:26 - Oct 24 with 3578 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61127
Radio silence - Preview on 09:39 - Oct 24 with 3493 viewsQPR_Hibs

Brilliant, Clive.

The Andre Dozzell section was my favourite bit.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Radio silence - Preview on 09:42 - Oct 24 with 3478 viewsessextaxiboy

Radio silence - Preview on 09:39 - Oct 24 by QPR_Hibs

Brilliant, Clive.

The Andre Dozzell section was my favourite bit.

Every time I hear Willock speak I can’t stop thinking about thick mince ..
Radio silence - Preview on 10:30 - Oct 24 with 3245 viewsEastR

Excellent Clive.
Reminded me I used to know a guy who ended up as corporate comms head for one of the oil companies. A right slimy, underhanded, two faced pri8k. Perfectly qualified for the job.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Radio silence - Preview on 13:44 - Oct 24 with 2672 viewsR_from_afar

Good grief, those statistics!

You're going to have to start adding "certificate 18," "parental advisory" and "viewer discretion advised" to these previews.

The absolute state of this club

Thanks for the (harrowing) insight.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Radio silence - Preview on 13:50 - Oct 24 with 2651 viewsNorthernr

Radio silence - Preview on 13:44 - Oct 24 by R_from_afar

Good grief, those statistics!

You're going to have to start adding "certificate 18," "parental advisory" and "viewer discretion advised" to these previews.

The absolute state of this club

Thanks for the (harrowing) insight.

Bar one hot month under Beale we've basically been losing for two years under four managers. Worth bearing in mind when trying to lay the bulk of this at Gareth's door, or thinking that sacking him will bring about immediate improvement.
Radio silence - Preview on 14:23 - Oct 24 with 2507 viewsAntti_Heinola

Radio silence - Preview on 13:50 - Oct 24 by Northernr

Bar one hot month under Beale we've basically been losing for two years under four managers. Worth bearing in mind when trying to lay the bulk of this at Gareth's door, or thinking that sacking him will bring about immediate improvement.

Villa were also losing for years.
And then Unia Emery.
Can we get him?

Bare bones.

Radio silence - Preview on 14:47 - Oct 24 with 2437 viewsNorthernr

Radio silence - Preview on 14:23 - Oct 24 by Antti_Heinola

Villa were also losing for years.
And then Unia Emery.
Can we get him?

I'm not sure getting promoted but then stagnating in exactly the same bit of the league you'd been in for the previous 30 years is quite the same. And anyway he says "evening" funny which was enough to have him drummed out of this country once before. Rightly so as well #stoptheboats.

Please don't take my comment above as any sort of endorsement of Ainsworth. He's miles out of his depth, it's gone way worse than even I thought and I always said this probably wasn't a good idea. The time has come now I think. You could and should do better with this team, but I don't think anybody will be able to do very much better because fundamentally the manager isn't the problem and this team is one of the three worst in the league - which I know you and I have been agreeing on for months.

The manager is A problem atm, but isn't THE problem overall.
Radio silence - Preview on 15:42 - Oct 24 with 2279 viewsPaddyhoops

A very good summation of our current predicament. Surely even the board know he’s position is pretty much unsustainable now.
If we stick with him at our current points rate we’ll end up with less than 30 points.
I doubt anyone we’ll get much more out of this lot but as you rightly said we keep conceding the same goals, missing the same sitters and making the same bizarre team selections.
It not going to change anytime soon under GA , certainly not the next two which could be seriously embarrassing.
We all at this stage think ( press included) think we’re down Let’s go down with dignity and try something different. The board should put him out out of misery and cut the cord.
Login to get fewer ads

Radio silence - Preview on 16:31 - Oct 24 with 2138 viewsessextaxiboy

Radio silence - Preview on 14:47 - Oct 24 by Northernr

I'm not sure getting promoted but then stagnating in exactly the same bit of the league you'd been in for the previous 30 years is quite the same. And anyway he says "evening" funny which was enough to have him drummed out of this country once before. Rightly so as well #stoptheboats.

Please don't take my comment above as any sort of endorsement of Ainsworth. He's miles out of his depth, it's gone way worse than even I thought and I always said this probably wasn't a good idea. The time has come now I think. You could and should do better with this team, but I don't think anybody will be able to do very much better because fundamentally the manager isn't the problem and this team is one of the three worst in the league - which I know you and I have been agreeing on for months.

Surely we try to fix what we can within budget and regulations , Get Warnock in now , short term contract , big pay out for staying up . Next year DOF , young coach , new budget root and branch shake up of the staff . This team can do better the first 12-13 anyway . It’s a shame but they need to act now IMO
Radio silence - Preview on 18:56 - Oct 24 with 1795 viewsBklynRanger

Radio silence - Preview on 13:50 - Oct 24 by Northernr

OK, but, my sophisticated analysis has identified the following 'football players' (excusing Sam F and his well delineated qualities within your fine press-blurt) that were around 2 years ago as these:

Ossie
Jimmy D
Ilias
Field
Dozzell
Willock
Duke McKenna
Adomah
Dykes

6 starters and 3 subs basically. I'd say he's now got a better LB, a CB as good as Dickie before his nerves went, and a better CM in Colback than the on-the-wane Johanssen. That's going from the day after the Reading 4-0.

Granted he's got nothing in comparison up front really, but Dozzell is better now than he was throughout that period. There is the Willock factor of course but he was injured during quite a long period when we weren't immediate relegation certainties.

There are more factors in terms of squad I know, depth being the main, massive issue. But going back to the point, if only half the same players are still here then it's got to be rooted in 1) those same wider issues that we all know about and 2) what Ainsworth and Dobson are getting out of them all, shirley?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 18:58]
Radio silence - Preview on 20:16 - Oct 24 with 1650 viewsAntti_Heinola

Radio silence - Preview on 14:47 - Oct 24 by Northernr

oh completely agree, i was only trying to be funny! Failing as usual.

Bare bones.

Radio silence - Preview on 09:16 - Oct 25 with 1146 viewsgazza1

Sorry but the problem is the Manager, not all the problem(s) but it comes from the top and GA is the top on the footballing side.........

Some of his decisions and what are key decisions have been so poor and has cost us a lot of points - last night I put no blame on GA btw. Some of his transfers, tactics, team selections, management during matches have been less than 'park football' standard.
Radio silence - Preview on 09:32 - Oct 25 with 1127 viewsPhilmyRs

Radio silence - Preview on 09:16 - Oct 25 by gazza1

Sorry but the problem is the Manager, not all the problem(s) but it comes from the top and GA is the top on the footballing side.........

Some of his decisions and what are key decisions have been so poor and has cost us a lot of points - last night I put no blame on GA btw. Some of his transfers, tactics, team selections, management during matches have been less than 'park football' standard.

Yeah I'd agree with a lot of this, and would emphasise the point that I don't hold last night against him, some individual mistakes from players that should know better cost him, but the bigger picture and what's happened since he took over has been very poor. Team selections, tactics, in game management, getting the best out of players (including the few that are actually not bad), all sadly lacking. I'm amazed a change hasn't been made but certain it will be after Leicester unless a miracle happens.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024