Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its started again. 21:07 - Nov 21 with 6139 viewsderbyhoop

we're supposedly interested in Nathaniel Adjei, a 21 yo defender from Hammarby. Understandable up to a point as it was Cifuentes' former club. But competing with Anderlecht, Leeds, Middlebrough and a 3-4m € price tag is just so far out of our scope to be laughable.
Also linked with CJ Hamilton from Blackpool. 28 yo with 1 goal from 18 appearances this season. He may be out of contract in Summer but he doesnt seem to offer anything we havent already got.

Where do they get these stories? Or do they just make them up?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Its started again. on 22:08 - Nov 21 with 5171 viewsnumptydumpty

They make them up

Often signings announced with no previous noise and many signings we constantly interested in, we not even close.

Linked to a top player from our new managers previous club. Not exactly difficult to predict that interest.

Linked to a player in the lower league in a position we could be short in, again, not exactly a prediction made by Einstein.

It's all nonsense as January a long way off and certain journalists need the hits on their site to justify to advertisers on their site to pay out decent money to be linked to their website !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Its started again. on 22:32 - Nov 21 with 5094 viewscolinallcars

Mind you, we could do with some defenders….we've got a surfeit of strikers, perhaps we could move a few on.
Its started again. on 23:03 - Nov 21 with 4992 viewsYoof

Could be true we are in for this guy, if we were to defer it into next season. Just like we did with Taylor Richards fee. Loan to buy obligation.

"Our owners are losing £2m a month" is an out of date statement and no longer true. It's still often repeated by our fan base whenever this topic comes up but it's wrong

Our Warburton blow out season/ failed push for promotion left us with a reported £25m loss towards our FFP. It's from this that the incorrect statement that our owners are losing £2m a month comes from. But that obviously can’t be true

If our owners really were “losing £2m a month” then over 3 years that would be a loss of £72m but FFP only allows for a loss of £39m across 3 years.

So in reality a fair estimate is that we can have an FFP loss this year of around £5m. So at the moment it's more like £415,000 a month loss for our owners

Which would mean we have about £20m headroom in next seasons budget so a £3m transfer is possible if the fee goes into next years FFP. We don't want to blow all that in one summer but needs to be remembered that Chair will be sold for a fee of at least the rumoured spend here this summer as well.

All this is only relevant if we stay up. But if we do stay up next summer we will have far healthier finances then we’ve had for a while as the FFP blow out passes out of our 3 year calculation
[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 23:06]
Its started again. on 01:13 - Nov 22 with 4860 viewsSydneyRs

Its started again. on 23:03 - Nov 21 by Yoof

Could be true we are in for this guy, if we were to defer it into next season. Just like we did with Taylor Richards fee. Loan to buy obligation.

"Our owners are losing £2m a month" is an out of date statement and no longer true. It's still often repeated by our fan base whenever this topic comes up but it's wrong

Our Warburton blow out season/ failed push for promotion left us with a reported £25m loss towards our FFP. It's from this that the incorrect statement that our owners are losing £2m a month comes from. But that obviously can’t be true

If our owners really were “losing £2m a month” then over 3 years that would be a loss of £72m but FFP only allows for a loss of £39m across 3 years.

So in reality a fair estimate is that we can have an FFP loss this year of around £5m. So at the moment it's more like £415,000 a month loss for our owners

Which would mean we have about £20m headroom in next seasons budget so a £3m transfer is possible if the fee goes into next years FFP. We don't want to blow all that in one summer but needs to be remembered that Chair will be sold for a fee of at least the rumoured spend here this summer as well.

All this is only relevant if we stay up. But if we do stay up next summer we will have far healthier finances then we’ve had for a while as the FFP blow out passes out of our 3 year calculation

Just need Man City to buy Eze.
Its started again. on 08:56 - Nov 22 with 4708 viewsterryb

Its started again. on 23:03 - Nov 21 by Yoof

You are being VERY selective with the figures that you quote & have plucked your "fair estimate" out of the air! You've not noted that the season before the promotion or bust season, we sold Eze, which improved our FFP considerately & kept us below the threshold. That season has now rolled out of the calculations.

More importantly, the FFP loss is not the same figure as the P&L loss due to the allowable costs. It would be a very pleasant surprise if we are clear of FFP pressure for this season when the accounts are published!
Its started again. on 18:18 - Nov 22 with 4261 viewsYoof

Its started again. on 08:56 - Nov 22 by terryb

You are being VERY selective with the figures that you quote & have plucked your "fair estimate" out of the air! You've not noted that the season before the promotion or bust season, we sold Eze, which improved our FFP considerately & kept us below the threshold. That season has now rolled out of the calculations.

More importantly, the FFP loss is not the same figure as the P&L loss due to the allowable costs. It would be a very pleasant surprise if we are clear of FFP pressure for this season when the accounts are published!

Firstly a bit of “quick maths”

FFP is a rolling 3 year period.

Year 1- The Warburton large loss season was 21/22
Year 2- 22/23
Year 3 23/24

So the Eze year of 20/21 is no longer relevant to our summer budget which will be for the 24/25 season. It’s not even relevant to this season!! Let alone next summer if we defer fees there with loan and obligation to buy like I suggested. You really were miles of the mark Terry

20/21- we had a £4.5m loss
21/22- referred to on here by NorthernR all the time as £25m loss
22/23 ‘quick maths’ we can £9.5m lose- (will be published in Feb 24)

That means this season we can have again the same loss we had in the Eze season. So obviously I didn’t just pluck those numbers out of thin air”. It’s based off the numbers that came before it ( I even rounded it up). Very telling that you didn’t then suggest your own figure back for our FFP headroom this year.

So we obviously do have a significant amount of headroom next summer as Warburton year drops out.

As if so often the case on here this site I think it’s the late reporting of accounts, with the 22/23 season accounts to be reported in Feb 24 that causes everyone to get it wrong so often as you have here Terry
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 18:42]
Its started again. on 18:50 - Nov 22 with 4179 viewsflynnbo

Its started again. on 01:13 - Nov 22 by SydneyRs

Just need Man City to buy Eze.

Apparently, Arsenal want to sell Partey in January but want to get a replacement in firstly. Fingers crossed for a bidding war.
Its started again. on 19:27 - Nov 22 with 4066 viewsenfieldargh

Saudi A League club Al Doshalot bid a reported 21million for Ilias

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Its started again. on 20:19 - Nov 22 with 3969 viewsLongsufferingR

Its started again. on 18:50 - Nov 22 by flynnbo

Apparently, Arsenal want to sell Partey in January but want to get a replacement in firstly. Fingers crossed for a bidding war.

Surely a Partey exchange deal would suit both Parteys.
Its started again. on 20:32 - Nov 22 with 3928 viewsterryb

Its started again. on 18:18 - Nov 22 by Yoof

Year 2- 22/23
Year 3 23/24

So the Eze year of 20/21 is no longer relevant to our summer budget which will be for the 24/25 season. It’s not even relevant to this season!! Let alone next summer if we defer fees there with loan and obligation to buy like I suggested. You really were miles of the mark Terry

That means this season we can have again the same loss we had in the Eze season. So obviously I didn’t just pluck those numbers out of thin air”. It’s based off the numbers that came before it ( I even rounded it up). Very telling that you didn’t then suggest your own figure back for our FFP headroom this year.

So we obviously do have a significant amount of headroom next summer as Warburton year drops out.

As if so often the case on here this site I think it’s the late reporting of accounts, with the 22/23 season accounts to be reported in Feb 24 that causes everyone to get it wrong so often as you have here Terry

I made no mention of next season or our budget for then! Until we have seen the published loss for last season, we have no idea what figure we will have to be below this season & so it is pointless speculating at present. You are also not making any reference to allowable costs, which from memory are estimated at £4m per year. Yes, a figure plucked from the air rather than accurate, but sugested by Kieron Maguire!

I also believe that the accounts for FFP purposes were combined for seasons 19/20 & 20/21 with a combined loss of £10.2m. That leaves us a headroom of £13.3m for 22/23 (£17.3m before allowables). Did we achieve that? I've no idea! Especially with the cost of the five loans last season, paying off the coaches that Beale employed, paying off Critchley, paying compensation for Ainsworth & staff, paying compensation to Johansen. Plus the wages of the players Beale signed. Would we have reduced costs by 25%?

Why would I sugest a figure for our headroom this season? Personally, I have no idea what it will be, but I will be pleasantly surprised if it is anywhere near as low as £5m.
Its started again. on 08:47 - Nov 23 with 3554 viewsNorthernr

Its started again. on 18:18 - Nov 22 by Yoof

Year 2- 22/23
Year 3 23/24

"referred to on here by NorthernR all the time"

It's started again, indeed.
Its started again. on 08:51 - Nov 23 with 3533 viewsYoof

Its started again. on 20:32 - Nov 22 by terryb

I made no mention of next season or our budget for then! Until we have seen the published loss for last season, we have no idea what figure we will have to be below this season & so it is pointless speculating at present. You are also not making any reference to allowable costs, which from memory are estimated at £4m per year. Yes, a figure plucked from the air rather than accurate, but sugested by Kieron Maguire!

I also believe that the accounts for FFP purposes were combined for seasons 19/20 & 20/21 with a combined loss of £10.2m. That leaves us a headroom of £13.3m for 22/23 (£17.3m before allowables). Did we achieve that? I've no idea! Especially with the cost of the five loans last season, paying off the coaches that Beale employed, paying off Critchley, paying compensation for Ainsworth & staff, paying compensation to Johansen. Plus the wages of the players Beale signed. Would we have reduced costs by 25%?

Why would I sugest a figure for our headroom this season? Personally, I have no idea what it will be, but I will be pleasantly surprised if it is anywhere near as low as £5m.

Your first line there, “I made no mention of next season or our budget for then!”

Well not sure what we are talking about here then, because my entire point is that we could feasibly be linked with a £3m signing next summer. You need to be able to make an estimate of that in order to challenge my point

You are also completely wrong to say, “Until we have seen the published loss for last season, we have no idea what figure we will have to be’

We can based on the already declared numbers leading us to make an educated guess of what’s yet to be declared but has already occurred. This is unless you think we have already failed FFP and it is just a question of us waiting to report that in February. I don’t believe that to be the case

Ironically, I purposely went with the £25m figure to avoid any argument there because that’s the figure NorthernR always uses in his reporting and actually that figure is wrong and you are right. £4m should be applied and it’s a £21m loss. But I’ve never seen him challenged on it. I also didn’t mention it because it actually makes difference to this seasons loss figure:

1) 20/21 we did lose £4.5m. You can go check if you don’t believe me
2) 21/22 we lost £21m (applying the £4m allowable costs guess this figure had been missing)
3) 22/23 to be declared in Feb what happened but based on what we know we can estimate a loss (after allowable costs) of £13.5m

That means for this season we are in right now we can estimate even before accounts are published:
Year 1 21/22) £21m loss
Year 2 22/23) £13.5m loss
Year 3 23/24) allowed a £4.5m loss on this current seasons budget

So unless you think we are in a season where we are signing the likes of Reggie Cannon after the window. Sponsoring everything conceivable. Well we are probably going to squeak through and meet FFP again

So next seasons budget will be year 3 below:
Year 1 22/23) £13.5m loss
Year 2 23/24) £4.5m loss
Year 3 24/25) £21m loss allowed- would assume we take less making it easier going forward

But that is why I believe we can be credibly linked with Adeji at a £3m fee this summer especially when you consider some cash likely for likes of Field and Chair. Hope that clears it up for you Terry
[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 8:52]
Its started again. on 09:09 - Nov 23 with 3486 viewsNorthernr

Its started again. on 08:51 - Nov 23 by Yoof

Your first line there, “I made no mention of next season or our budget for then!”

Well not sure what we are talking about here then, because my entire point is that we could feasibly be linked with a £3m signing next summer. You need to be able to make an estimate of that in order to challenge my point

You are also completely wrong to say, “Until we have seen the published loss for last season, we have no idea what figure we will have to be’

We can based on the already declared numbers leading us to make an educated guess of what’s yet to be declared but has already occurred. This is unless you think we have already failed FFP and it is just a question of us waiting to report that in February. I don’t believe that to be the case

Ironically, I purposely went with the £25m figure to avoid any argument there because that’s the figure NorthernR always uses in his reporting and actually that figure is wrong and you are right. £4m should be applied and it’s a £21m loss. But I’ve never seen him challenged on it. I also didn’t mention it because it actually makes difference to this seasons loss figure:

1) 20/21 we did lose £4.5m. You can go check if you don’t believe me
2) 21/22 we lost £21m (applying the £4m allowable costs guess this figure had been missing)
3) 22/23 to be declared in Feb what happened but based on what we know we can estimate a loss (after allowable costs) of £13.5m

That means for this season we are in right now we can estimate even before accounts are published:
Year 1 21/22) £21m loss
Year 2 22/23) £13.5m loss
Year 3 23/24) allowed a £4.5m loss on this current seasons budget

So unless you think we are in a season where we are signing the likes of Reggie Cannon after the window. Sponsoring everything conceivable. Well we are probably going to squeak through and meet FFP again

So next seasons budget will be year 3 below:
Year 1 22/23) £13.5m loss
Year 2 23/24) £4.5m loss
Year 3 24/25) £21m loss allowed- would assume we take less making it easier going forward

But that is why I believe we can be credibly linked with Adeji at a £3m fee this summer especially when you consider some cash likely for likes of Field and Chair. Hope that clears it up for you Terry
[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 8:52]

"Ironically, I purposely went with the £25m figure to avoid any argument there because that’s the figure NorthernR always uses in his reporting and actually that figure is wrong and you are right. £4m should be applied and it’s a £21m loss. But I’ve never seen him challenged on it."

We've consistently mentioned the 'disallowable' costs, estimated usually between £4m-£5m by the Swiss Ramble. Stick 'disallowable' into this site's search facility and get... "You can lose £39m over any rolling three-year period. Our £25m loss (minus the Swiss Ramble estimated £4.5m-£5m for disallowable costs) pushing for promotion in 21/22 remains in our cycle..." from the Watford preview in August.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60563/once-more-un

And also these where it's explained again, and again, and again.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59765/on-the-edge-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59734/called-to-ac

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57170/paying-divid

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57023/not-that-llo

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52087/accounting-f

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52009/gambling-wit

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50430/tough-battle
Its started again. on 09:11 - Nov 23 with 3475 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We're being linked with him in the January window for a fee rather than on a free in the Summer, hence Terry worrying about the current FFP situation.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 9:12]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Its started again. on 09:25 - Nov 23 with 3418 viewsHoopsie

Its started again. on 09:09 - Nov 23 by Northernr

"Ironically, I purposely went with the £25m figure to avoid any argument there because that’s the figure NorthernR always uses in his reporting and actually that figure is wrong and you are right. £4m should be applied and it’s a £21m loss. But I’ve never seen him challenged on it."

We've consistently mentioned the 'disallowable' costs, estimated usually between £4m-£5m by the Swiss Ramble. Stick 'disallowable' into this site's search facility and get... "You can lose £39m over any rolling three-year period. Our £25m loss (minus the Swiss Ramble estimated £4.5m-£5m for disallowable costs) pushing for promotion in 21/22 remains in our cycle..." from the Watford preview in August.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60563/once-more-un

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59765/on-the-edge-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59734/called-to-ac

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57170/paying-divid

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57023/not-that-llo

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52087/accounting-f

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52009/gambling-wit

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50430/tough-battle

Not to start it again, thanks for all the articles, now can we have it all in a summarised nut shell 😬

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Its started again. on 09:32 - Nov 23 with 3376 viewsBklynRanger

Its started again. on 08:47 - Nov 23 by Northernr

"referred to on here by NorthernR all the time"

It's started again, indeed.

Not a very Japanese name this time. Interesting.
Its started again. on 20:23 - Nov 23 with 3038 viewsWinston1984

Its started again. on 09:09 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Here is just one of many examples of you saying it in writing and you have also said it on podcasts:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/298790/page:4

In this example you quote another poster first:

“Then after this season the £25m loss of 21/22 drops off."

And you say;

‘This is not true.

The £25m loss is our latest set of reported accounts. It does not drop out of the three-year reporting cycle until we've reported three more sets of accounts’

Notice how you say £25m and not £21m. As you have in threads reports and podcasts.

So based on that you ban someone.

Just like you did to turn your cognitive dissonance into overdrive about the fact you censored because you didn’t like posts that were unhappy that the weren’t onboard with your and Saxbends viewpoint that vaccine boosters should be required to allow access into Loftus Road. Do you still hold that opinion?

But if you’re only challenge now is that whether it is £25m or £21m then that’s progress. Notice in the thread posted above. You think that the Warburton season doesn’t drop out after this summer

You were wrong on that so you banned me :(
[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 20:25]
Its started again. on 20:24 - Nov 23 with 3025 viewsWinston1984

Its started again. on 09:11 - Nov 23 by BrianMcCarthy

We're being linked with him in the January window for a fee rather than on a free in the Summer, hence Terry worrying about the current FFP situation.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 9:12]

Brian if I refer you to my first line in this thread: “Could be true we are in for this guy, if we were to defer it into next season. Just like we did with Taylor Richards fee. Loan to buy obligation”

You will then see what you misunderstand at this point
Its started again. on 20:44 - Nov 23 with 2965 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Its started again. on 20:24 - Nov 23 by Winston1984

Brian if I refer you to my first line in this thread: “Could be true we are in for this guy, if we were to defer it into next season. Just like we did with Taylor Richards fee. Loan to buy obligation”

You will then see what you misunderstand at this point

I wasn't chatting to or replying to you. I was clarifying for the board's sake the OP and Terry's points after a quick google of the latest rumours. We're being linked (FWIW) with a January move, that was my only point.

Edit - typo.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 20:44]

Its started again. on 20:51 - Nov 23 with 2919 viewsWinston1984

Its started again. on 20:44 - Nov 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I wasn't chatting to or replying to you. I was clarifying for the board's sake the OP and Terry's points after a quick google of the latest rumours. We're being linked (FWIW) with a January move, that was my only point.

Edit - typo.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 20:44]

Like I said, we can do a January move if we do that with a loan and obligation to buy so the fee falls into next season when we have £21m of losses allowable coming off a season we were allowed to lose £4.5m
Its started again. on 21:01 - Nov 23 with 2851 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Its started again. on 09:32 - Nov 23 by BklynRanger

Not a very Japanese name this time. Interesting.

This is in my head now.
One of my first ever singles. Unreal choon.

Its started again. on 21:44 - Nov 23 with 2677 viewslassel

Just to make sure I’m up to speed, we have a previously banned poster talking to themselves with 2x new accounts?
Its started again. on 21:47 - Nov 23 with 2666 viewseastside_r

Its started again. on 21:44 - Nov 23 by lassel

Just to make sure I’m up to speed, we have a previously banned poster talking to themselves with 2x new accounts?

Yeah, looks like it. I mean we can all just ignore him but Clive has to manage this person.

I am not going to abuse this individual as they are obviously quite unwell.
Its started again. on 22:18 - Nov 23 with 2561 viewsNorthernr

Its started again. on 21:47 - Nov 23 by eastside_r

Yeah, looks like it. I mean we can all just ignore him but Clive has to manage this person.

I am not going to abuse this individual as they are obviously quite unwell.

I mean the real sadness of it is... of all the things you could be infatuated with, imagine it being Clive, that guy who runs the QPR blog.
Its started again. on 09:51 - Nov 24 with 2221 viewshubble

Its started again. on 22:18 - Nov 23 by Northernr

I mean the real sadness of it is... of all the things you could be infatuated with, imagine it being Clive, that guy who runs the QPR blog.

Well, it is a form of flattery mate!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024