Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Square one – Preview 17:54 - Feb 16 with 2675 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61961
Square one – Preview on 20:12 - Feb 16 with 2314 viewsrbee

Thank you as always Clive, a great read.

The culture at any place of work is set by those people sitting at the top and filters its way down to the people at the bottom although those people at the bottom always have a significant part to play.

There are two footy TV programmes that I watched a few years ago that I found interesting with respect to football club culture. Firstly, The Class of 92 a series about how Gary Neville & Co bought Salford City Football Club. The first thing that Neville & Co did, rather than bring in their mates, was to offer salaried jobs to most of the volunteers who had previously been running the football club instantly preserving the culture of Salford City Football Club.

I cannot remember what the second show was but if featured Jamie Carragher returning to Liverpool’s training ground at Melwood several years after he had left. You would expect the programme to dive straight in to Carra meeting the players and training staff but no we saw Carra chatting, laughing and joking with the car park attendant, the receptionist, the ladies in the canteen etc all of whom had been there during Carra's playing days. You got a taste of that club’s culture straight away.

QPR were always a working man’s club and there would be plenty of QPR people working there. All of us older fans remember Daphne Biggs of course who was always around the club working in a fan’s liaison role. The club had a wonderful culture back then which made it a respected and much liked club. The arrival of Flavio and Fernandes slowly evaporated our club culture and good QPR people such as Steve Gallen and Sheila Marston were removed and never replaced.

I remember someone, somewhere used to do a 'Directors Box Watch' and perhaps someone could start that again as it would be interesting to see who is turning up to represent our club home and away. Difficult of course if these people are hiding away in a VIP Box as Amit claims he often was.

Clive, how about a Patreon interview with Andy Sinton, I would imagine that he could answer several questions on this subject. I wouldn’t be surprised if Andy, as Club Ambassador, has been doing some of the work normally associated with club owners and senior management especially at away games.
Square one – Preview on 20:53 - Feb 16 with 2216 viewsManinBlack

Yes I used to bang on about the poor standards of this club for many years until I gave up on the topic two years ago before we had these charlatans playing for us the past two seasons. It looks more pronounced now given our predicament and was probably masked a bit during the Warburton era. At the end of the day I am just a fan and would take any notice of what I see of this club from the outside.

I still stand by my opinion that we needed to get rid of everyone last summer and that included Chair, Willock and Dykes. If you have a cancerous growth in your body you have the whole thing removed. You don't remove half of it and leave the other half there. How do we know that the players we kept on are actually the problem and are bringing down the new arrivals morale so then they drop off after promising starts? When we make changes things temporarily improve but then fall away again within a month. The losing, can't be bothered, unable to do the basics mentality always returns and is never far away looming over us like an impending nightmare. The club seems to have an inbuilt default to give up.

I can't understand the motivation angle. How is it we reserve our worst performances against the worst teams? Surely they can motivate themselves in 6 pointers as nothing to fear but it seems nobody can get a tune from them on the big games so they clearly are mentally weak. We seem to find these sort of players with relative ease. I still include Norwich as a missed opportunity. We were at home to a side with not a great away record and most people expected Huddersfield to lose at Southampton so a win would have moved us above them.

Think back to a few years ago. Rotherham bottom of the league and absolutely hopeless losing for fun. Warnock arrives and suddenly hopeless players turn into table toppers winning game after game to stay up. No manager has come in and transformed the mentality of our squad as they just carry on with their indifferent ways. This is why so many of us wanted Warnock back as he seems to be the only manager out there to motivate losers. If he could turn Rotherham into a winning team he could do so with us.

As decent as Cifuentes has been, his results against the strugglers is disappointing with defeats at Wednesday, Millwall and Stoke.
Square one – Preview on 22:31 - Feb 16 with 2020 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I want to see Taylor's new hairstyle.
Square one – Preview on 22:34 - Feb 16 with 2011 viewsNorthernr

Square one – Preview on 22:31 - Feb 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

I want to see Taylor's new hairstyle.

Square one – Preview on 22:49 - Feb 16 with 1976 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Square one – Preview on 22:34 - Feb 16 by Northernr

I don't recognise him. It's not the new hairstyle, I just don't recognise him.
Square one – Preview on 23:25 - Feb 16 with 1883 viewsLblock

Standards - we've been banging on about them for years.

Ollie had them, they were burned into him alongside his passion for the club.

However, the flag bearer in recent times has to be King Warnock.
I'm well aware of all the sideshow whispers, the old school shenanigans and the "look at me" stuff but... players love him because he keeps it simple, is forthright and if you look after him he'll look after you.
Can't say I agree with some of the off the record stuff at all, but results talk for themselves.

Warburton I fell out of love with but to be fair to the fella he certainly had standards and stuck his jaw out for them.
How much of those were "back my view with dosh" versus "I'm backing my lads who look after my dosh" battles between him and others we'll never know. He did however insist players carried themselves a certain way.

What I've said in recent posts you've basically said in this preview.
Scarey thing is it runs so deep - how on earth do you change it?
Marti seems a very decent chap; despite learning on the job here I do think he'll make a top level coach one day. At this madhouse he's totally hamstrung by the total shitshow the place is and you've got to give him credit for getting even a half decent tune out of this club which currently resembles a grand piano that has been dropped off one of the White City towers.

Thing is ..... that piano may yet drop further down the sewer and into a canal

Fckin club.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Square one – Preview on 23:32 - Feb 16 with 1872 viewsHunterhoop

LBlock, Warburton did not have the standards you think in terms of player behaviour/conduct off the pitch.
Square one – Preview on 23:34 - Feb 16 with 1866 viewsLblock

Square one – Preview on 23:32 - Feb 16 by Hunterhoop

LBlock, Warburton did not have the standards you think in terms of player behaviour/conduct off the pitch.

I think he did

He was then undermined by the money he'd signed away to players like Charlie then meaning they had a huge upper hand on him

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Square one – Preview on 00:32 - Feb 17 with 1769 viewsturnsey

Square one – Preview on 23:34 - Feb 16 by Lblock

I think he did

He was then undermined by the money he'd signed away to players like Charlie then meaning they had a huge upper hand on him

Does Andre Gray fit into that too with the whole Covid debacle?
Square one – Preview on 07:35 - Feb 17 with 1585 viewsstevec

Square one – Preview on 22:34 - Feb 16 by Northernr

The club should have a hair salon in the new training ground, see if that can entice him in.
Square one – Preview on 08:41 - Feb 17 with 1462 viewsenfieldargh

Square one – Preview on 07:35 - Feb 17 by stevec

The club should have a hair salon in the new training ground, see if that can entice him in.

Without being shot down in flames he doesn’t look mentally fragile posting this on sm. Not someone in such a state that they can’t even be out in public due to anxiety.

I want to know why his barber didn’t shave a big C. U. N. T. Into his Barnet

Any chance of a Patreon interview with young Taylor Clive?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Square one – Preview on 08:46 - Feb 17 with 1454 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Great write up. The cubs lack of pride and basic self respect is the root cause of the problems at our club, something I've been telling my son for years.
People suffering depression tend to stop looking after themselves, we seem to have an entire football club in deep depression.
That photo of Richards in his barber symbolises everything that's wrong with the playing side of this club. What a cnt.
Square one – Preview on 09:17 - Feb 17 with 1403 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Square one – Preview on 23:25 - Feb 16 by Lblock

Standards - we've been banging on about them for years.

Ollie had them, they were burned into him alongside his passion for the club.

However, the flag bearer in recent times has to be King Warnock.
I'm well aware of all the sideshow whispers, the old school shenanigans and the "look at me" stuff but... players love him because he keeps it simple, is forthright and if you look after him he'll look after you.
Can't say I agree with some of the off the record stuff at all, but results talk for themselves.

Warburton I fell out of love with but to be fair to the fella he certainly had standards and stuck his jaw out for them.
How much of those were "back my view with dosh" versus "I'm backing my lads who look after my dosh" battles between him and others we'll never know. He did however insist players carried themselves a certain way.

What I've said in recent posts you've basically said in this preview.
Scarey thing is it runs so deep - how on earth do you change it?
Marti seems a very decent chap; despite learning on the job here I do think he'll make a top level coach one day. At this madhouse he's totally hamstrung by the total shitshow the place is and you've got to give him credit for getting even a half decent tune out of this club which currently resembles a grand piano that has been dropped off one of the White City towers.

Thing is ..... that piano may yet drop further down the sewer and into a canal

Fckin club.

I can't see Warnock bringing SWP on when we're getting thrashed and relegated at City so he gets an ovation from the City fans.

Similarly, I can't see Warnock letting Andre Gray go and play in a dead rubber for Jamaica rather than a crucial match for the club who pays his wages.

Little things like that speak volumes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024