Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
injuries 21:07 - May 13 with 1392 viewsdigswellhoop

when im at work I HAVE to wear protective clothing etc for insurance
WHY do football players moan about tackles etc if they were to be made to wear proper boots shin pads
not the carpet slippers and micro pads
The injuries wouldn't happen
thoughts please
injuries on 21:41 - May 13 with 1301 viewsaston_hoop

The main protection footballers need is to play fewer games each season. That won't happen though.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

injuries on 21:49 - May 13 with 1260 viewsqpr_1968

i think the cotton wool they're wrapped up in protects them enough....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

injuries on 21:51 - May 13 with 1245 views222gers

I'm trying to resist making a Taylor Richards joke..
injuries on 22:03 - May 13 with 1201 viewsdigswellhoop

rubbish premier OH can't play 3 games a week championship best league in yhe world
injuries on 22:44 - May 13 with 1103 viewsNorthLondonR

Whilst not one to constantly drone on about the cheating entitlement that modern footballers believe in, I did notice yesterday that whilst 1-0 down, at home, to a barrage of boos from their Cheshire/ Surrey/ Kent/ Sussex/ Oxfordshire fanbase, one of the man yoo little lambs went down, pretended to be hurt, when replays suggested that nothing happened whatsoever. What a world!
injuries on 23:12 - May 13 with 1042 viewsLblock

injuries on 21:41 - May 13 by aston_hoop

The main protection footballers need is to play fewer games each season. That won't happen though.

How many do you suggest these "pro-athletes" play then?

I'm sure for £100k a week those at the top level would accept, ooooohhh I dunno, maybe a game every fortnight?

You'll find old dinosaurs like me have ZERO truck with your statement, especially when these clubs that moan about "player burn out" then promptly whisk their little cash calves off on tours to Australia, the USA and the far East at every chance they get.
Then of course you get these "pro-athletes" being exposed as serial drunk drivers, nightclubbers, class A users etc, etc, etc
[Post edited 13 May 23:13]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

injuries on 23:34 - May 13 with 1001 viewscolinallcars

injuries on 23:12 - May 13 by Lblock

I'm sure for £100k a week those at the top level would accept, ooooohhh I dunno, maybe a game every fortnight?

You'll find old dinosaurs like me have ZERO truck with your statement, especially when these clubs that moan about "player burn out" then promptly whisk their little cash calves off on tours to Australia, the USA and the far East at every chance they get.
Then of course you get these "pro-athletes" being exposed as serial drunk drivers, nightclubbers, class A users etc, etc, etc

I concur. Whenever I moan about football my wife says “ why don't you pack it in, you don't enjoy it anymore “
I usually say - it's easier said than done, you can't just walk away.
That said, given the attitude of modern footballers, and the way the game is generally run, I can see myself walking away one day.
injuries on 23:39 - May 13 with 999 viewsaston_hoop

Sure, I would expect nothing else other than this response from a lot of people on here. But I still believe it to be true, even you do to a degree by mentioning players being whisked around the world for those end of season tours. They are a nonsense, of course they are. Thats just pure greed from clubs. The more games players play, the more toll it will take on their body and the more injuries they will get. Earning 100k a week isn't going to change that. Even if they are all getting drunk unlike the teetotal homebodies of yesteryear(!!), the amout of football they play now will cause problems. Even watching the Championship, the quality is so often all over the place during those long period over the winter. Its too much.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

injuries on 00:13 - May 14 with 962 viewsted_hendrix

I believe professional football is now saturated Seven days a week with varying and stupid kick off times. (globally).
On a personal level I'm glad the season Is over.
I'm of the opinion that shin pads are a regulation wear, I know nothing about boots apart from the fact that professional footballers seem to wear the oddest coloured football boots now In a vain attempt of trying to look good for some strange reason.
When I was stood In the paddock just before kick off on a Saturday afternoon my favourite QPR player ever used to bend down and take his shin pads off and throw them on the touchline, you couldn't catch Dave Thomas, nobody could.
Football Is In demand so It Is a requirement to have It played non-stop, football sells and there are buyers out there who want to buy It.

I was crap at football as a kid but all I ever wanted was to play football.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

injuries on 00:27 - May 14 with 950 viewsbob566

Just because they're pro athletes they shouldn't be denied a dance in a nightclub.
injuries on 01:43 - May 14 with 908 viewsBoston

injuries on 00:27 - May 14 by bob566

Just because they're pro athletes they shouldn't be denied a dance in a nightclub.

...or a ride, as long as they wear protection.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

injuries on 04:15 - May 14 with 878 viewsMatch82

I don't think it's any more complicated than:
1. The lighter shinpads, boots whatever make them a fraction better at their jobs in an profession where every fraction counts
2. Nobody likes getting hurt

I dont really understand it myself, never felt like shinpads or big clunky boots did me any harm, but then again I was pretty sht. Maybe it was the boots all along
injuries on 06:29 - May 14 with 827 viewsGus_iom

injuries on 01:43 - May 14 by Boston

...or a ride, as long as they wear protection.

Especially if Tom Lawrence is driving.
injuries on 06:58 - May 14 with 788 viewsloftboy

Can’t believe Grealish who cost 100million gets away with wearing kids shin pads , surely his insurance company will have a say if he breaks a leg.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

injuries on 09:57 - May 14 with 588 viewsWatford_Ranger

I’m not calling for fewer games (just get on with it, we used to do 100 hours in t’pit then play on a Saturday etc.) and injuries are just part of the game. You don’t get many broken legs these days and shin pads aren’t going to do a lot for ACLs and muscle strains/tears which must be the majority of injuries.
injuries on 09:59 - May 14 with 568 viewsTheChef

injuries on 09:57 - May 14 by Watford_Ranger

I’m not calling for fewer games (just get on with it, we used to do 100 hours in t’pit then play on a Saturday etc.) and injuries are just part of the game. You don’t get many broken legs these days and shin pads aren’t going to do a lot for ACLs and muscle strains/tears which must be the majority of injuries.

Exactly - it's more the wear and tear of joints and tendons/ligaments.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

injuries on 11:59 - May 14 with 451 viewsLanhoop

injuries on 09:59 - May 14 by TheChef

Exactly - it's more the wear and tear of joints and tendons/ligaments.

This. Boots and pads protect against impact injuries. Bumps and bruises which generally don't take a player out of the game for any length of time.

It's the twists of knees, ankles and the tearing of muscle that cause lengthy damage. Heavier boots and pads would actually make that worse.
injuries on 12:42 - May 14 with 405 viewskingsburyR

injuries on 06:58 - May 14 by loftboy

Can’t believe Grealish who cost 100million gets away with wearing kids shin pads , surely his insurance company will have a say if he breaks a leg.

What makes it worse is that he isn't wearing kids shin pads.

Take a look at these adult shin pads built in the name of giving the athlete "an edge".

https://gaintheedgeofficial.com/products/mini-shin-pads

My daughter was sent a free pair when she bought some of these grip sock (don't get me started on those either) and I put my foot down and said she is not wearing such little protection on her shins.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

injuries on 13:37 - May 14 with 329 viewshantssi

Thing is, they don’t actually play many, if any, more games than they used to.
Plus they played on those old ploughed fields not the billiard tables of now, look at the LR pitch against Leeds this year as against 76!
Also, it was the “big” clubs that wanted the new Champions League format rather than the old straight knock out format!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024