Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robert Green 22:02 - Jan 28 with 1982 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I think he is a very underrated goalkeeper by some people. He did one bad mistake and people laugh at him, but i think he is excellent. Very commanding and a great shotstopper. I would happily have him igoal if we did go up

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Robert Green on 22:03 - Jan 28 with 1964 viewsDylanP

Agree. Most have not forgiven him for the gaff against the USA. He has been sterling for us this season and is a big reason why we are second in the league.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Robert Green on 22:24 - Jan 28 with 1867 viewsSpiritofGregory

He reminds me of Paddy Kenny in that he is a very good Championship keeper but not a very good Premier League Keeper. He lacks confidence when playing at a higher level. Strikers are far sharper in the Premier League and we will need better.

It's about time that we found a decent young keeper at an affordable price.
Robert Green on 22:28 - Jan 28 with 1853 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree. Good goalie. I trust him (which must be nice for him).

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Robert Green on 22:34 - Jan 28 with 1829 viewsSpiritofGregory

Robert Green on 22:28 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree. Good goalie. I trust him (which must be nice for him).

Good goalie at this level. We need to be ruthless, he is not good enough for the Premier League therefore we must get better - if we go up. Even if we stay down, if he stays he will have to take a massive pay cut as his wages are inflated to say the least.
Robert Green on 22:36 - Jan 28 with 1824 viewsPunteR

Robert Green on 22:24 - Jan 28 by SpiritofGregory

He reminds me of Paddy Kenny in that he is a very good Championship keeper but not a very good Premier League Keeper. He lacks confidence when playing at a higher level. Strikers are far sharper in the Premier League and we will need better.

Yeh right, of course! must keep reminding myself that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Robert Green on 22:43 - Jan 28 with 1779 viewsTW_R

He's playing games and not conceding many goals, which helps any keeper's confidence. Would easily do a job for us in the PL.

So who is this decent young keeper at an affordable price that is good enough to play in the PL? I suspect we're not the only team looking for such a player and that's why they don't exist.
Robert Green on 22:44 - Jan 28 with 1775 viewsTheBlob

Seems to have got his hands on that no.1 spot,but I'd like to see a young understudy.That Sam Slocombe at Scunthorpe looks promising - had a good game yesterday.Only 25.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Robert Green on 22:47 - Jan 28 with 1762 viewsQPR_Jim

Robert Green on 22:34 - Jan 28 by SpiritofGregory

Good goalie at this level. We need to be ruthless, he is not good enough for the Premier League therefore we must get better - if we go up. Even if we stay down, if he stays he will have to take a massive pay cut as his wages are inflated to say the least.

Agreed. Whole new first 11 if we get promoted, what could possibly go wrong? Besides these new premier league quality players will come to qpr for the novelty of playing for a newly promoted team so their wages will be a lot lower. It truly is a win win situation.
Login to get fewer ads

Robert Green on 23:24 - Jan 28 with 1651 viewsHollowayRanger

perhaps we should have a whip round to help tony

£100 million should cover a new premiership first 11

just!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Robert Green on 00:03 - Jan 29 with 1604 viewsRangersAreBack

Robert Green on 22:43 - Jan 28 by TW_R

He's playing games and not conceding many goals, which helps any keeper's confidence. Would easily do a job for us in the PL.

So who is this decent young keeper at an affordable price that is good enough to play in the PL? I suspect we're not the only team looking for such a player and that's why they don't exist.

Leicester found one.
Robert Green on 00:05 - Jan 29 with 1596 viewsRangersAreBack

Robert Green on 22:47 - Jan 28 by QPR_Jim

Agreed. Whole new first 11 if we get promoted, what could possibly go wrong? Besides these new premier league quality players will come to qpr for the novelty of playing for a newly promoted team so their wages will be a lot lower. It truly is a win win situation.

Ah, well when you put it like that, let's stick with what we've got. New contracts for SWP, Henry, Zamora, Johnson, Diakite, Benayoun, etc. That should do the trick in the Premier League.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2014 0:06]
Robert Green on 00:11 - Jan 29 with 1567 viewsQPR_Nippon

Robert Green on 00:05 - Jan 29 by RangersAreBack

Ah, well when you put it like that, let's stick with what we've got. New contracts for SWP, Henry, Zamora, Johnson, Diakite, Benayoun, etc. That should do the trick in the Premier League.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2014 0:06]

Yes, cos that's exactly the point he was trying to make.

Robert Green on 00:13 - Jan 29 with 1559 viewsted_hendrix

Well we're not in the Premier league.

As for Rob Green, tonight he pulled off a couple of excellent saves when we were in front just like PK used to do.

If we get to the Prem league then all well and good so we'll take it from there, lets get there first eh?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Robert Green on 01:26 - Jan 29 with 1494 viewsRangersAreBack

Robert Green on 00:11 - Jan 29 by QPR_Nippon

Yes, cos that's exactly the point he was trying to make.

Irony and sarcasm clearly a rare commodity in Japan.

Robert Green on 02:10 - Jan 29 with 1477 viewsNorthernr

yo-yo player. Like Scimeca, Quashie, Tommy Smith, Jon Stead and others back in their prime. Slightly better than Championship standard, not good enough for Premier League.
Robert Green on 08:30 - Jan 29 with 1388 viewsNeil_SI

In the first half, they could possibly had scored from two or three of their strikes, the one that hit the bar and the two that flashed just wide. None would have been his fault had they gone in, and we'd have only had ourselves to blame if any of them did, seeing as we kept passing the ball to their players with unforced errors in dangerous areas.

He made a great double stop in the second half, so that was his real work on the night. He's in decent form at the moment, but I can't really see how he offers us value for money in this division or the one above, on the type of money he earns.

It will be interesting to see what they do with him at the end of the season. I reckon they'll look to offer him a yearly extension, especially if we manage promotion, and review the situation every year.
Robert Green on 08:40 - Jan 29 with 1376 viewsTW_R

Robert Green on 08:30 - Jan 29 by Neil_SI

In the first half, they could possibly had scored from two or three of their strikes, the one that hit the bar and the two that flashed just wide. None would have been his fault had they gone in, and we'd have only had ourselves to blame if any of them did, seeing as we kept passing the ball to their players with unforced errors in dangerous areas.

He made a great double stop in the second half, so that was his real work on the night. He's in decent form at the moment, but I can't really see how he offers us value for money in this division or the one above, on the type of money he earns.

It will be interesting to see what they do with him at the end of the season. I reckon they'll look to offer him a yearly extension, especially if we manage promotion, and review the situation every year.

I suspect it may also come down to what happens with the Cesar situation. If he's still around come the summer then we could be saying goodbye to Green. We certainly don't want to be paying both of them and as Cesar is under contract, he'll stay for at least 2 more years.
Robert Green on 09:33 - Jan 29 with 1332 viewsTW_R

Robert Green on 00:03 - Jan 29 by RangersAreBack

Leicester found one.

Schmeichel has had a great season, but he's been prone to a few mistakes himself. Whether he's PL quality is yet to be seen. But I don't see how Leicester finding a decent keeper is of any use to us?

That's like saying we need a young, PL quality, creative midfielder and you replying that Everton have got Ross Barkley.
Robert Green on 09:35 - Jan 29 with 1325 viewsTW_R

Robert Green on 02:10 - Jan 29 by Northernr

yo-yo player. Like Scimeca, Quashie, Tommy Smith, Jon Stead and others back in their prime. Slightly better than Championship standard, not good enough for Premier League.

You could well be right Clive, but for a player that was signed on the basis that he thought he was going to be our number one keeper, only to be bombed out by Hughes, I think he's done pretty well really.

I remember he had a fantastic game in the cup against West Brom too.
Robert Green on 10:00 - Jan 29 with 1289 viewsAntti_Heinola

Robert Green on 09:33 - Jan 29 by TW_R

Schmeichel has had a great season, but he's been prone to a few mistakes himself. Whether he's PL quality is yet to be seen. But I don't see how Leicester finding a decent keeper is of any use to us?

That's like saying we need a young, PL quality, creative midfielder and you replying that Everton have got Ross Barkley.

all goalies are 'prone to mistakes'

Bare bones.

Robert Green on 10:10 - Jan 29 with 1262 viewsTW_R

Robert Green on 10:00 - Jan 29 by Antti_Heinola

all goalies are 'prone to mistakes'

Very true Antti.
Robert Green on 10:46 - Jan 29 with 1227 viewsCiderwithRsie

IIRC was OK for West Ham in 5 seasons in the Premiership, when I think he got most of his England caps.

Give him a halfway solid defence then I reckon we could do a lot worse even in the Premiership, if we get there.

Plus I like his attitude after what must have been a crappy time last year. Seems to be developing a bit of a rapport with the fans too.
Robert Green on 11:03 - Jan 29 with 1211 viewsqprmick

He handled the job well, after having next to nothing to do. Then he switched on and made 3 saves in a row.

Qprmick

Robert Green on 11:20 - Jan 29 with 1198 viewssmegma

He's not under rated on here, if you look at match ratings from last night he is MOTM at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024