Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More players linked: 09:52 - Jun 29 with 6343 viewsAustinHarris24

It's 9:45 and I've already seen us linked with 4 new players;

Gylfi sigurdsson: frozen out by spurs and doubt he will get a game once more players have come in, personally I think this could be a very good deal for us if we could get him for around 5million however I could see it being part of the remy deal if he ends up at white hart lane

Kyle naughton: again like Sigurdsson not much hope of getting a game and would be available on the cheap, one of Harry's tried and tested can play at left back or right back and could see redknapp preferring him to yun at left back

Adebayor: does this suprise anyone? Nope didn't think so. wouldn't want him at rangers yes he scores goals but his wages would be very high and he's not very young I beleive he's around 28 although I'm not sure

Demba ba: scores goals yes but the negatives outweigh the positives, plays for Chelsea and they certainly wouldn't want him coming to us on the cheap.

Personally would like us to get sigurdsson, wouldn't mind naughton and perhaps ba, but it would be a no to adebayor

Poll: Who is better Barkley or wilshere

More players linked: on 10:07 - Jun 29 with 4502 viewsLoft1979

Links, if possible.
More players linked: on 10:32 - Jun 29 with 4415 viewsAustinHarris24

More players linked: on 10:07 - Jun 29 by Loft1979

Links, if possible.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5722449/Demba-Ba-and-Emmanue

Couldn't find evidence for the next one but here's the tweet I read from a reliable spurs page:
@HotspurRelated: Daily Mirror believe Harry Redknapp and QPR want both Sigurdsson and Naughton from Spurs this transfer window. #THFC http://t.co/pO3wmVp5wP

Poll: Who is better Barkley or wilshere

More players linked: on 10:44 - Jun 29 with 4366 viewsTW_R

More players linked: on 10:32 - Jun 29 by AustinHarris24

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5722449/Demba-Ba-and-Emmanue

Couldn't find evidence for the next one but here's the tweet I read from a reliable spurs page:
@HotspurRelated: Daily Mirror believe Harry Redknapp and QPR want both Sigurdsson and Naughton from Spurs this transfer window. #THFC http://t.co/pO3wmVp5wP

It always makes me laugh to see the words reliable and twitter in the same sentence.
More players linked: on 10:47 - Jun 29 with 4352 viewsN12Hoop

It's probably all bollocks anyway, but Naughton scares me because he's no better than what we have, in fact he's possibly worse

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

More players linked: on 11:11 - Jun 29 with 4261 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I would sign Sigurdsson and take Adebayor on loan

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

More players linked: on 11:34 - Jun 29 with 4218 viewsLoft1979

More players linked: on 10:32 - Jun 29 by AustinHarris24

Thanks.
More players linked: on 12:02 - Jun 29 with 4147 viewsrsonist

Yes to Sigurdsson. Hasn't shown anything like what he's capable of at Spurs.

The rest no. Naughton is pony and the other two (despite being high quality players on their day) come under the category of old mistakes we've made.
More players linked: on 12:04 - Jun 29 with 4144 viewsHooparoo

Let's send Kevin Bond on safari to Africa to find the next Adebayor. A hell of a lot cheaper.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

More players linked: on 12:06 - Jun 29 with 4139 viewsEalingRanger

Only Sig from that lot. If he could recapture the form he found at Swansea and Reading he would be a great buy.
More players linked: on 15:15 - Jun 29 with 3964 viewsAntti_Heinola

More players linked: on 12:06 - Jun 29 by EalingRanger

Only Sig from that lot. If he could recapture the form he found at Swansea and Reading he would be a great buy.

personal feeling is that Sig has a great shot on him... and very little else. No interest from me.

Bare bones.

More players linked: on 21:41 - Jun 29 with 3601 viewsEalingRanger

More players linked: on 15:15 - Jun 29 by Antti_Heinola

personal feeling is that Sig has a great shot on him... and very little else. No interest from me.

Fat Frank made a career out of that!
More players linked: on 09:27 - Jun 30 with 3297 viewsDiscodroid

defo sig, and naughton as well, sure theres a very very good player in there and he needs a re boot.

as for the rest mentioned nononononononononononononononononono.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

More players linked: on 09:53 - Jun 30 with 3257 viewsadhoc_qpr

Wow and one of them isn't even a Spurs player - does that count as scouting for Harry?

Adebayor and Demba Ba are both in it for the cash, so if either signs we know that our board have learnt absolutely nothing.

Siggurdson is ok, but beyond his amazing long range shooting i think he is only solid and not much more.

Naughton is ok too, although he seemed to regress badly last year.
More players linked: on 10:08 - Jun 30 with 3210 viewsDiscodroid

just heard on radio 5 ross mcormack has put in a transfer request, id love him here, but seems no interest from rangers.(seem to remember some press speculation re qpr in jan window)

27 about the right age, but i conceed not the quickest.

newcastle, fulham,cardiff interested.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2014 10:19]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

More players linked: on 10:15 - Jun 30 with 3192 viewspaulparker

If we signed Sigardsson, Naughton ( can cover both flanks) Caulker, Rio, & Ba I would say that would be good business and would give us a good chance of staying up
I still think Arry is going to play a 3-5-2 next year & make us very hard to beat,
these signings would be ideal for that formation

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

More players linked: on 10:55 - Jun 30 with 3118 viewsdanehoop

More players linked: on 10:08 - Jun 30 by Discodroid

just heard on radio 5 ross mcormack has put in a transfer request, id love him here, but seems no interest from rangers.(seem to remember some press speculation re qpr in jan window)

27 about the right age, but i conceed not the quickest.

newcastle, fulham,cardiff interested.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2014 10:19]

I'd agree 'Droid, but I think he was the one we looked at before and Harry was warned off of by Warnock as not being of the right sort.

Never knowingly understood

More players linked: on 10:56 - Jun 30 with 3099 viewsGloucs_R

Kone, the Greek intenational as well has been linked £3m

Poll: Are we staying up?

More players linked: on 11:02 - Jun 30 with 3083 viewsDiscodroid

More players linked: on 10:55 - Jun 30 by danehoop

I'd agree 'Droid, but I think he was the one we looked at before and Harry was warned off of by Warnock as not being of the right sort.

really?, oh well, he did seem a bit gobby at loftus road last season.
seem to remember him rowing ith part of the south africa rd stand after he scored the free kick for them.

thanks for the update mate.

More players linked: on 13:01 - Jun 30 with 2977 viewsheadhoops

not excited about any of them - sigurdson at a push - please, please not Adebayor.

our scouting network is either sh1t or Harry just ignores it.

Trying to think of our last Junior to break into the first team and have an impact - Kevin Gallen?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

More players linked: on 13:09 - Jun 30 with 2942 viewsbaz_qpr

What do we think about Ba? this one seems to have legs in it
More players linked: on 13:13 - Jun 30 with 2928 viewssimmo

More players linked: on 13:09 - Jun 30 by baz_qpr

I would definitely take him, forget the Chelscum link, he has scored goals consistently in the Premiership

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

More players linked: on 13:25 - Jun 30 with 2876 viewsBlackCrowe

Not for me thanks.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

More players linked: on 13:31 - Jun 30 with 2855 viewsWeaverQPR

More players linked: on 13:09 - Jun 30 by baz_qpr

Where have you heard this from?

@WeavQPR

More players linked: on 13:32 - Jun 30 with 2845 viewsHunterhoop

Ba and Adebayor are both clearly good, but both clearly the wrong type of signings. They will be very expensive (in salaries), one has a huge risk of injuries and one a huge risk of getting the hump, and both will not be able to be sold on in 2 years due to age.

Add to this neither of them have plied their trade in a relegation dogfight nor for a club of our, ahem, size, and I don't think either will be a good investment at all.

Sigurdsson isn't a bad shout. I don't think he's that great, but he's more affordable, could rediscover his form and make him into an asset.

Naughton is weak and not an improvement, IMO.

McCormak won't come because he's the one Warnock gave 'Arry the inside steer on which put 'Arry off signing him in Jan. 'Arry asked Warnock. He said so in an interview, I believe.

If we want forwards, Long would have been a great signing but doubt we can get him now.

I still think Troy Deeney is who we need to sign and could sign for only c. £3m. He'll be great for a team who won't be dominating possession game in game out. Big, strong, physical, puts himself about, holds onto it and scores goals.
More players linked: on 13:40 - Jun 30 with 2817 viewswillis1980

More players linked: on 13:32 - Jun 30 by Hunterhoop

Ba and Adebayor are both clearly good, but both clearly the wrong type of signings. They will be very expensive (in salaries), one has a huge risk of injuries and one a huge risk of getting the hump, and both will not be able to be sold on in 2 years due to age.

Add to this neither of them have plied their trade in a relegation dogfight nor for a club of our, ahem, size, and I don't think either will be a good investment at all.

Sigurdsson isn't a bad shout. I don't think he's that great, but he's more affordable, could rediscover his form and make him into an asset.

Naughton is weak and not an improvement, IMO.

McCormak won't come because he's the one Warnock gave 'Arry the inside steer on which put 'Arry off signing him in Jan. 'Arry asked Warnock. He said so in an interview, I believe.

If we want forwards, Long would have been a great signing but doubt we can get him now.

I still think Troy Deeney is who we need to sign and could sign for only c. £3m. He'll be great for a team who won't be dominating possession game in game out. Big, strong, physical, puts himself about, holds onto it and scores goals.

i like the sig and troy deeney for me, get players who are hungry and might not mind the step down if it all goes tits up again this season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024