Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... 13:48 - Jul 4 with 2560 viewstimcocking

In this day and age to say live on air 'he should have put a skirt on' after a weak chip shot is just such an incredibly dumb thing to say, asking for trouble. Will they never learn?

That said the fact people get so upset about things like this is bloody ridiculous if you ask me; far bigger problems in the world.

zzzzz
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 14:00 - Jul 4 with 1991 viewssimmo

So are you both highlighting what he did whilst simultaneously mentioning how pointless it is highlight what he did?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 14:05 - Jul 4 with 1961 viewssaxbend

Another item in the long list of people who should have been packed up and sent first class to obscurity long ago eventually being undone for doing or something that upsets people. Never mind the upset caused to their actual audience as a result of years of being useless. Oh no, you have to wait until they say something non-PC. Jonathan Ross, Ron Atkinson, Keys, Gray, Clarkson and now Lawrenson. All people whose careers in the media should have never got going.
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 14:51 - Jul 4 with 1869 viewsloftboy

What he said is not actually incorrect though, it's a fact that the women can't kicks ball as hard as a man, I can verify this having refereed both sexes, so he was just using an analogy.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 14:57 - Jul 4 with 1845 viewsPommyhoop

I'm with Saxbend on this .He is realy crap and should've been sacked eons ago.F'ck knows how he made a career out of it . That fella who impersonated him was better than him.
Dont sack him for that pc bllx tho sack him cos he's sh1t.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:07 - Jul 4 with 1809 viewspaulparker

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 14:57 - Jul 4 by Pommyhoop

I'm with Saxbend on this .He is realy crap and should've been sacked eons ago.F'ck knows how he made a career out of it . That fella who impersonated him was better than him.
Dont sack him for that pc bllx tho sack him cos he's sh1t.

have you seen the state of him lately Pom ??
he looks like a vagrant on TV the scruffy so & so , Me & Mrs P saw him in a de vere hotel bar a few years back with Ray stubbs , to say Lawro was knocking em back was understatement , this may explain his dishevelled appearance

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:09 - Jul 4 with 1804 viewswillis1980

so ott and dull, you hear worse on loose women i bet.
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:11 - Jul 4 with 1801 viewsQPunkR

I may be pretty much alone in that I don't actually mind Lawrenson or his grumpy old man schtick. I like it when he says shit like 'get up, he's not even hurt' when a player dives, whereas all the young'uns are all circumspect about diving and cheating, saying 'oooh he may have had a slight touch/right to go down etc'

QPR - "shit but local"

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:12 - Jul 4 with 1782 viewsW7Ranger

On the flip side, I've enjoyed Danny Murphy's punditry and co-commentating.
Login to get fewer ads

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:15 - Jul 4 with 1773 viewsWokingR

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 14:00 - Jul 4 by simmo

So are you both highlighting what he did whilst simultaneously mentioning how pointless it is highlight what he did?

This.

How can you call it dumb but then say it's pathetic that people have a problem ?
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:19 - Jul 4 with 1747 viewsJigsore

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:12 - Jul 4 by W7Ranger

On the flip side, I've enjoyed Danny Murphy's punditry and co-commentating.

he could use a personality though, luckily I have a few going at a very reasonable price

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:19 - Jul 4 with 1746 viewsClive_Anderson

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:11 - Jul 4 by QPunkR

I may be pretty much alone in that I don't actually mind Lawrenson or his grumpy old man schtick. I like it when he says shit like 'get up, he's not even hurt' when a player dives, whereas all the young'uns are all circumspect about diving and cheating, saying 'oooh he may have had a slight touch/right to go down etc'

Agreed. He's the only one to ever call a dive what it is.

The rest just go along with the usual "there was contact, it looked clumsy and gave the referee a decision to make".
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:24 - Jul 4 with 1724 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He makes me shudder, the creepy, slippery goul. He's as lazy as sin in his research, banal as...something that's really banal, and an unmerciful pain the bollix to boot.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:30 - Jul 4 with 1694 viewsPommyhoop

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:19 - Jul 4 by Clive_Anderson

Agreed. He's the only one to ever call a dive what it is.

The rest just go along with the usual "there was contact, it looked clumsy and gave the referee a decision to make".

Well if thats true .I take it back..I f'king hate divers ,especially the ones who do the headbutt backflipp like that 6 fingered b'stard.
F'cks sake Ive just realised I aint seen Match of the Day for 7 years!!

I see Gary Lineker the other day tho on ''who do you think you are''

One of his great gramps was a printer the other was a poacher.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 16:51 - Jul 4 with 1553 viewsEastR

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 14:51 - Jul 4 by loftboy

What he said is not actually incorrect though, it's a fact that the women can't kicks ball as hard as a man, I can verify this having refereed both sexes, so he was just using an analogy.

it's undoubtedly true about the differentiation in power, but did they play in skirts?
It's a lazy, crass, humorless comment from a lazy, curmudgeony, over paid git (Lawrenson, not you)

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 16:59 - Jul 4 with 1532 viewsdaveB

Lawrensen should be sacked for being a useless co commentator up there with Andy Townsend for being a massive prat
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 17:03 - Jul 4 with 1523 viewsjamois

I couldn't give a monkeys about the comment. But if it's an excuse to place Lawrenson in the bin bag and take him out to the dumpster then i'm in. He's a relic, and incredibly lucky to have forged a media career out of a time when the BBC had just hit on the novel idea of saturating their analytical ranks with ex-players. They now seem to be hiring ex players with a few brain cells (like Danny Murphy) but those rules never applied when Lawrenson and a few others (Shearer) were offered a job.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 17:14 - Jul 4 with 1509 viewssaxbend

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 17:03 - Jul 4 by jamois

I couldn't give a monkeys about the comment. But if it's an excuse to place Lawrenson in the bin bag and take him out to the dumpster then i'm in. He's a relic, and incredibly lucky to have forged a media career out of a time when the BBC had just hit on the novel idea of saturating their analytical ranks with ex-players. They now seem to be hiring ex players with a few brain cells (like Danny Murphy) but those rules never applied when Lawrenson and a few others (Shearer) were offered a job.

Speaking of Lawrenson, Shearer and Townsend, this won't be to everyone's tastes, but probably to some people's. It would help if you've seen the original Brett Domino video first though :)

Response to Brett Domino - Creating Pop Tracks Wi…:
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 18:02 - Jul 4 with 1431 viewsthemodfather

lawro is a buffoon of a boris scale
france v germany...a clear offside, especially suing the cut of the grass, and he goes "clearly onside"?? er no, offside pal and you know it.
still he gets a huge pay packet to entertain us.
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 18:48 - Jul 4 with 1386 viewsQPRMUSO

His sarcasm has been cracking me up in this World cup though, especially when players are feigning injury.
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 19:17 - Jul 4 with 1331 viewstimcocking

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:15 - Jul 4 by WokingR

This.

How can you call it dumb but then say it's pathetic that people have a problem ?

zzzzzzzzz
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 19:19 - Jul 4 with 1323 viewstimcocking

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 14:00 - Jul 4 by simmo

Yes.
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 19:20 - Jul 4 with 1318 viewsToast_R

I really like Lawrensen, his sarcastic and witty comments crack me up. Some of his one liners are classic.
If what he said is considered wrong well f*ck off, I don't want to be right.
Jonathan Pearce on the other hand, should have stuck to the radio.
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 19:23 - Jul 4 with 1311 viewsDylanP

So, Timcocking, you are criticizing him for making the comment and then criticizing those who criticize him. Sounds like you are criticizing yourself, which certainly is a new approach, in these sort of cases!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 19:35 - Jul 4 with 1287 viewscoolranger

He is past his sell by date. Has been for some years.

Generally negative about most of what he sees. Living in the 80s. Has an eighties haircut, despite being in his mid 50s now.

Move him out with Shearer.
So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 19:41 - Jul 4 with 1274 viewsNoDiddley

So Mark Lawrensen has put his foot in it... on 15:07 - Jul 4 by paulparker

have you seen the state of him lately Pom ??
he looks like a vagrant on TV the scruffy so & so , Me & Mrs P saw him in a de vere hotel bar a few years back with Ray stubbs , to say Lawro was knocking em back was understatement , this may explain his dishevelled appearance

Robin Friday shat in his kit bag.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024