Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser 09:36 - May 14 with 9734 viewsNorthernr

That, and the QPR manager's opinions on Gareth Bale to come from 9.45 ish.

Whatever happens we have to try and redress the performance of last week. We have to make sure our home fans see that was a blip. We also have to make sure the integrity of the Premier League is in consideration, for the other teams at the bottom of the league we have to go all the way and make sure everybody gets a fair crack of staying up or going down.

:-I

Sandro not available this weekend. Still negotiating. He's one of them illegals innit.

Still negotiating about managerial position. Announcement in the next week or so, nothing 100%. Hoping to be in charge next season.

Haven't spoken in depth with Tony for a couple of weeks. They've told me we'll make an announcement within the next week. Hoping it's going to be me.

Things change all the time in football. (get that man a drum). I'm hopeful, but no pen to paper.

The way managers are appointed... as far as I know there hasn't been an interview process.

Fck me hope you're not looking in on this for encouragement.

The players have responded well to me being here. We've competed in most of the games we've played in which shows I can take the club forwards. We have a long term vision for the club, putting down stable footings for the long term, and that makes me ideal for this job.

We didn't want to lose 6-0...

... but the way the players have responded in general the fans have been quite pleased. We've shot ourselves in the foot by losing five or six games in the last minute. One of those seasons where the players have pout their best foot forward but haven't been good enough.

Les and I are talking about who might be retained. Have to see what the players think about their own future. We have to plan for the future, but also bear in mind we have two games that affect where teams end up at the end of the season.

The club is forward planning, if it is me it's better to start the negotiations early with the players. Whether it's me or not, Les has a job to build the club up for the future.

There have been issues with players, we dealt with them at the time. These things happen, unfortunately our dirty laundry has come out. We draw a line under it and move on. What I can say is that there were problems of a similar nature (to those with Vargas) that we dealt with. The players have not been available to be picked subsequently.

I expect them to be here because they;'re under contract. Do I want them here? Only if they're fit and ready to play.

Over the course of a season you can't pinpont players and say we've been relegated because of you. A limited squad to pick from contributes to a negative period as you have to play players who are off form or injured, who you wouldn't have picked if you had a broader squad. Wouldn't blame them as individuals, but would say we haven't had the services of everybody in the 25 and it's hampered our chances.

Zarate loan ending. Got an injury, possibly long term. Haven't discussed him returning to the club.

Will play strongest available players. Won't be throwing the youth team in. We have pride ourselves, there's an obligation to play well in front of our home fans. The players want to address that performance last week.

Goalscorers at a premium, people always want them, we understand people will try their best to get Charlie. Good pro, shown his worth, we want to keep him, the remaining few weeks we'll show what people think he's worth and what he's worth to the club.

People's champion Wally Downes...

The Sandro situation was a blow, he's a big player for us. I was confident the players would perform. The Joey interview didn't have any bearing on the game. Don't think Joey did anything wrong. Even though we didn't perform as we have been doing, you have to realise Man City have done that to teams of higher status than us. On their day they can do that to most teams.

Adel, Armand Traore... Not noticed any adverse reaction. They need to get themselves fit for the last two games and if not they have a year left on contracts and need to come back in pre-season in correct condition to be part of the squad for next year.

Rob Green has been in world class form this year.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 09:54 - May 14 with 4477 viewsdaveB

Hopefully he uses this to lay out what he plans to do next season, how he wants to play etc.
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 09:58 - May 14 with 4441 viewsDiscodroids

id just love it if someone would ask the Ramfukker@TM what he was thinking bringing on the dwarf at the end, and if he was embarrased by that capitulation on sunday.

a total abdication of their reponsibilities to the fans and that famous old badge by the players with that puppet ,looking like led lips 'virgil ' from thunderbirds on the sidelines.

the Ramfukker@TM incapacitated as if ian duncan smith threw away his tramps hat and declared him fit for work.

could have been ten nil. talk about going down on your fukin kness
[Post edited 14 May 2015 10:11]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:00 - May 14 with 4431 viewsRangersw12

I like Ramsey and wouldn't be that fussed if he was appointed but would like to see a proper interview process in place
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:17 - May 14 with 4330 viewspaulparker

This is the most depressing press conference going

So basically we are playing the same dross from Sunday , we should be playing Petrasso , Mcarthey, Sutherland , furlong, Grego-cox , I couldn't give a monkeys about other teams and the premier leagues integrity ( that's a laugh in itself) we should be preparing for next season now

Also we can pretty much now say that Gentlemen Chris is now the boss ongoing
How depressing
No interviews for new managers , no back up plans and rejects like suckling coming in to run our academy ,
I sometimes wonder what fcuking planet that moron fernades comes from , he isn't fit to run a bath let a lone a football club
We are going one way and that's league 1

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:21 - May 14 with 4300 viewsRangersw12

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:17 - May 14 by paulparker

This is the most depressing press conference going

So basically we are playing the same dross from Sunday , we should be playing Petrasso , Mcarthey, Sutherland , furlong, Grego-cox , I couldn't give a monkeys about other teams and the premier leagues integrity ( that's a laugh in itself) we should be preparing for next season now

Also we can pretty much now say that Gentlemen Chris is now the boss ongoing
How depressing
No interviews for new managers , no back up plans and rejects like suckling coming in to run our academy ,
I sometimes wonder what fcuking planet that moron fernades comes from , he isn't fit to run a bath let a lone a football club
We are going one way and that's league 1

If we played a weakened team we would get a fine . Also how would we feel if we were still in it and Spurs suddenly put a youth team out against Hull for example

As for no interview process I that is pretty depressing
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:22 - May 14 with 4294 viewsSimonJames

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:00 - May 14 by Rangersw12

I like Ramsey and wouldn't be that fussed if he was appointed but would like to see a proper interview process in place

Being likeable versus being capable of building a squad capable of playing quality football, hauling us out of the Championship, and forming the basis of a long term playing philosophy and style, are entirely different things.
Since he has zero experience in the latter, IMAO it's too much of a risk.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:25 - May 14 with 4272 viewsNorthernr

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:21 - May 14 by Rangersw12

If we played a weakened team we would get a fine . Also how would we feel if we were still in it and Spurs suddenly put a youth team out against Hull for example

Need a hell of a blood forensic investigation to determine whether one team selected from this squad is weaker than another.
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:26 - May 14 with 4268 viewsfakekerby

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:22 - May 14 by SimonJames

Being likeable versus being capable of building a squad capable of playing quality football, hauling us out of the Championship, and forming the basis of a long term playing philosophy and style, are entirely different things.
Since he has zero experience in the latter, IMAO it's too much of a risk.

Hiring Ramsey will be a disaster.

We haven't changed or learned a damn thing!

The guy has just about been one better than John Carver.

I really fear for us next season if we are not even interviewing managers or coaches.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:27 - May 14 with 4253 viewsQPunkR

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:25 - May 14 by Northernr

Need a hell of a blood forensic investigation to determine whether one team selected from this squad is weaker than another.

QPR - "shit but local"

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:28 - May 14 with 4241 viewsTheBlob

"We've shot ourselves in the foot"
No,more like blasting it off with a shotgun,getting gangrene and replacing the limb with an ornate antique piano leg with a great big brass castor which freezes up during damp conditions.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:29 - May 14 with 4239 viewspaulparker

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:21 - May 14 by Rangersw12

If they are in the squad then you dont get fined, that stopped a couple of seasons back after Blackpool
It's about QPR & moving forward we don't need to see Dunne,SWP,Zamora , hoilett etc
It's down to the individual clubs who they pick , those who are in relegation trouble have had 36 games to sort themselves out

But I'm more angry that we are settling on that cretin Ramsey , rather than interviewing the likes of
Powell, Robinson,Warburton, Holloway, McNamara, Lee Johnson, Grayson, Keith Hill, and anyone else who has more tactical nous than smashing it long to Zamora , playing Henry left wing and picking SWP for nothing cameos

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:32 - May 14 with 4210 viewsozexile

Love to know what the long term vision is.
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:39 - May 14 with 4173 viewsRangersw12

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:29 - May 14 by paulparker

If they are in the squad then you dont get fined, that stopped a couple of seasons back after Blackpool
It's about QPR & moving forward we don't need to see Dunne,SWP,Zamora , hoilett etc
It's down to the individual clubs who they pick , those who are in relegation trouble have had 36 games to sort themselves out

But I'm more angry that we are settling on that cretin Ramsey , rather than interviewing the likes of
Powell, Robinson,Warburton, Holloway, McNamara, Lee Johnson, Grayson, Keith Hill, and anyone else who has more tactical nous than smashing it long to Zamora , playing Henry left wing and picking SWP for nothing cameos

If no fine then I agree and we should play Grego-cox , Mccarthy etc

I would hope he is just using the best tactic to get the best out of the rubbish he has been dealt and that when he gets his own squad together we will see better football
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:42 - May 14 with 4154 viewsloftboy

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:32 - May 14 by ozexile

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:46 - May 14 with 4134 viewsozexile

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:42 - May 14 by loftboy

Ha ha so true.
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:51 - May 14 with 4109 viewsdaveB

Problem you have with Ramsey is he is already being slaughtered by fans, called a cretin, puppet etc so he has no good will. A bad start next season and he's done for, all talk of long term plan goes out of the window.

I do find it incredible that Ferdinand talks of the Rooney rule and interviewing people then doesn't have an interview process for a new manager. I'm not as against Ramsey as a lot of people but I do think we should be interviewing people and finding the best man, if that is Ramsey then good luck to him.
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:55 - May 14 with 4078 viewsderbyhoop

I suspect we will see a side very similar to the one that went to the Etihad (I can't say played at!!). Considering that Zarate, Vargas, Taraabt, Traore, Sandro and Rio won't be available, our options are very limited.

Even so, I'd hope to see a couple of the youngsters getting on from the bench. They surely have to be a better alternative than big fat Niko and Shite-Phillips.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:56 - May 14 with 4078 viewsozexile

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:51 - May 14 by daveB

Problem you have with Ramsey is he is already being slaughtered by fans, called a cretin, puppet etc so he has no good will. A bad start next season and he's done for, all talk of long term plan goes out of the window.

I do find it incredible that Ferdinand talks of the Rooney rule and interviewing people then doesn't have an interview process for a new manager. I'm not as against Ramsey as a lot of people but I do think we should be interviewing people and finding the best man, if that is Ramsey then good luck to him.

That's why it'd be great to know what the vision is? Does it match up to warburtons? Or whoever else is available.
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:59 - May 14 with 4054 viewsRangersw12

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:51 - May 14 by daveB

The only thing is that the mood at the games towards Ramsey is completely different to the message boards so hopefully he will be given some time

A win on Sat would help !
[Post edited 14 May 2015 11:05]
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 11:01 - May 14 with 4046 viewsPinnerPaul

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 10:32 - May 14 by ozexile

If you read ES interview with Les, it will give you a few clues.
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 11:04 - May 14 with 4024 viewspaulparker

We know he isn't the Best Man we have all seen the games since January
In any normal circumstances I would say give him a go
But these are not normal circumstances , we will most likely lose 15 players out of the squad this year , this is the most important per season in our history
We are starting again or should be starting again
We need a manager who is ambitious who wants to build something it's vital this pre season that we lay foundations for the future ,
All Ramsey is a cheap option and Les's mate , it's frighning we are not interviewing other managers, it's again not learning by our past mistakes
What's the point of appointing him as he will be gone by November , what's the use in that ?
Ramsey is another Neil Adams,Terry Connor , Ricky sbpragia,kit symons, Peter grant , Alan Irvine ,
It's not going to work

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 11:43 - May 14 with 3860 viewsnadera78

TF and Co have spunked £200million in 3 years, plus whatever we've lost this season. And we're discussing a couple of grand in fines?

Atmosphere's going to be like a funeral on Saturday.
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 11:48 - May 14 with 3829 viewsSaycey

On this rare occasion Dave (!) I agree 100% with you.

I don't have anything against Ramsey. Made a few dodgy decisions yes. Not sure he is the right man to lead is.

But you're spot on - shouldn't we at least be interviewing candidates to find the best person?
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 11:48 - May 14 with 3828 viewsdaveB

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 11:43 - May 14 by nadera78

TF and Co have spunked £200million in 3 years, plus whatever we've lost this season. And we're discussing a couple of grand in fines?

Atmosphere's going to be like a funeral on Saturday.

no different to the atmosphere in every home game this calender year then
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 11:59 - May 14 with 3770 viewsozexile

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 11:01 - May 14 by PinnerPaul

If you read ES interview with Les, it will give you a few clues.

Bit tough from Sydney.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024