Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Squad 12:53 - Oct 1 with 2272 viewssimmo

Jack Butland, Joe Hart, Tom Heaton, Ryan Bertrand, Gary Cahill, Nathaniel Clyne, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Adam Lallana, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jonjo Shelvey, Raheem Sterling, Danny Ings, Harry Kane, Wayne Rooney, Jamie Vardy, Theo Walcott.

Ings? Hodgson is on crack....

Pleased Alli is there thoug, one for the future and a good chance to see a young player in a competitive game, even better that we've already qualified. Think Dier is unlucky to miss out though, should have got the nod over Carrick.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

England Squad on 12:58 - Oct 1 with 1572 viewsdaveB

Ings has been playing well the last couple of weeks,
England Squad on 13:29 - Oct 1 with 1505 viewsbob566

well done shelvey. he's been excellent as has chris smalling. Harry kane hasn't been banging much this year.
England Squad on 13:38 - Oct 1 with 1477 viewsWestbourneR

England Squad on 13:29 - Oct 1 by bob566

well done shelvey. he's been excellent as has chris smalling. Harry kane hasn't been banging much this year.

We had Heaton on trial in pre-season a few years back. He was going on a free. He looked great - a really good keeper - and predictably we didn't sign him.

Now he's in the England squad.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

England Squad on 13:52 - Oct 1 with 1444 viewsToast_R

What no Jack Grealish...?

A very young squad, I like it.

F*ck Milner and Carick off though.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 13:57]
England Squad on 13:54 - Oct 1 with 1443 viewsthemodfather

who is dele alli?
England Squad on 13:56 - Oct 1 with 1433 viewsNorthernr

England Squad on 12:58 - Oct 1 by daveB

Ings has been playing well the last couple of weeks,

Played well all season at Burnley, never got a look in. Two good games for Liverpool, straight in.
England Squad on 13:57 - Oct 1 with 1431 viewsNorthernr

England Squad on 13:38 - Oct 1 by WestbourneR

We had Heaton on trial in pre-season a few years back. He was going on a free. He looked great - a really good keeper - and predictably we didn't sign him.

Now he's in the England squad.

We had Heaton on loan for the first three months of the Magilton season, only picked him in the League Cup games because Briatore had a boner for Cerny.
England Squad on 14:10 - Oct 1 with 1410 viewsMaggsinho

England Squad on 13:57 - Oct 1 by Northernr

We had Heaton on loan for the first three months of the Magilton season, only picked him in the League Cup games because Briatore had a boner for Cerny.

That's an image I'm trying to get out of my head.
Login to get fewer ads

England Squad on 14:13 - Oct 1 with 1400 viewskingsburyR

Shows you how bang average England are!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

England Squad on 14:27 - Oct 1 with 1381 viewsAntti_Heinola

England Squad on 14:13 - Oct 1 by kingsburyR

Everyone's bang average. Everyone's poor. There's only one amazing player in the world, and one amazing national team. Everything else is poor or bang-average.
Not an attack on you Kingsbury, sorry mate, it's just that fans today seem to have turned into a Alan Green clones. We've got very sniffy and snobby about football, while at the same time being terribly nostalgic about it - but what we're nostalgic about is when the game was a bit more raw, and when it wasn't all glitz and glamour and drag backs and step overs.
I feel like we just used to like watching football. Now we're up in the stands laughing if someone punts a ball clear. I suppose it's all about the disconnect between fans and players and fans have become (justifiably) a bit resentful about it all.

Bare bones.

England Squad on 15:04 - Oct 1 with 1330 viewsNorthernr

England Squad on 14:27 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

Everyone's bang average. Everyone's poor. There's only one amazing player in the world, and one amazing national team. Everything else is poor or bang-average.
Not an attack on you Kingsbury, sorry mate, it's just that fans today seem to have turned into a Alan Green clones. We've got very sniffy and snobby about football, while at the same time being terribly nostalgic about it - but what we're nostalgic about is when the game was a bit more raw, and when it wasn't all glitz and glamour and drag backs and step overs.
I feel like we just used to like watching football. Now we're up in the stands laughing if someone punts a ball clear. I suppose it's all about the disconnect between fans and players and fans have become (justifiably) a bit resentful about it all.

People were moaning about Alan Shearer being sht before Euro 96 as he hadn't scored for England in a while. We were picking Carlton Palmer a couple of years before that.

I guess the difference is Carlton Palmer used to get paid about 2k a week while his equivalent now is on about £52k.

Run of the mill players like Wanyama at Southampton or Ings at Burnley are built up into huge things by the constant media coverage and ridiculous transfer fees... no better than players that were kicking around for £250k 25 years ago.
England Squad on 15:07 - Oct 1 with 1323 viewskensalriser

England Squad on 13:54 - Oct 1 by themodfather

who is dele alli?

My word!

Midfielder, was at MK Dons where he scored a hatload to get them promoted, now at Spurs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England Squad on 15:10 - Oct 1 with 1313 viewsNorthernr

England Squad on 15:07 - Oct 1 by kensalriser

My word!

Midfielder, was at MK Dons where he scored a hatload to get them promoted, now at Spurs.

Doing bloody well too, at a club that's been a bit prone to signing players like him and bunging them in the reserves so nobody else can have them in the past.
England Squad on 15:11 - Oct 1 with 1312 viewssimmo

Absolutely nothing wrong with being bang average, but we're not, we're much better than that actually. Also amongst that squad are young players that could turn out to be genuinely excellent internationals - Smalling (unreal improvement this year), Stones, Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Barkley, etc. We're lacking real quality up front but we've also got Joe Hart - one of the best in Europe, especially on current form.

England Squad on 15:14 - Oct 1 with 1300 viewssimmo

England Squad on 15:10 - Oct 1 by Northernr

Doing bloody well too, at a club that's been a bit prone to signing players like him and bunging them in the reserves so nobody else can have them in the past.

What Pochettino is doing there is really great, youngest average age in the premiership and plenty of English players amongst the 1st team. Gary Neville did a bit on them on Monday Night Football and it was good to see

England Squad on 15:22 - Oct 1 with 1288 viewsBluce_Ree

My thoughts exactly. That is a pisspoor list.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

England Squad on 15:28 - Oct 1 with 1282 views1BobbyHazell

England Squad on 15:11 - Oct 1 by simmo

Absolutely nothing wrong with being bang average, but we're not, we're much better than that actually. Also amongst that squad are young players that could turn out to be genuinely excellent internationals - Smalling (unreal improvement this year), Stones, Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Barkley, etc. We're lacking real quality up front but we've also got Joe Hart - one of the best in Europe, especially on current form.

Absolutely, add Lallana, Wilshere, Shaw and even Sturridge to that list and we have a lot of exciting young players who, with the right manager, could become a very exciting team to watch.
England Squad on 15:32 - Oct 1 with 1274 viewsKonk

England Squad on 15:22 - Oct 1 by Bluce_Ree

My thoughts exactly. That is a pisspoor list.

Roy the Boy is the perfect man to get the most out of a decent, but unexceptional bunch of players. People I know who follow England reckon there's an appreciation amongst the travelling support for the job he's doing - I hope so. Think we'll do okay in France.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

England Squad on 15:52 - Oct 1 with 1244 viewsWilloW4

Born n bred Englishman .. I've never cared less about the English team.. Nothing to like about them.
England Squad on 16:01 - Oct 1 with 1226 viewsKonk

England Squad on 15:52 - Oct 1 by WilloW4

Born n bred Englishman .. I've never cared less about the English team.. Nothing to like about them.

I'm the opposite - likeable/national treasure manager, most of the players seem decent sorts in comparison to recent vintages, very low expectations...this is an England side I can get behind.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

England Squad on 16:07 - Oct 1 with 1221 viewssimmo

England Squad on 16:01 - Oct 1 by Konk

I'm the opposite - likeable/national treasure manager, most of the players seem decent sorts in comparison to recent vintages, very low expectations...this is an England side I can get behind.

Completely agree, slowly coming round to England, especially now that they're full of players I actually like. Roy I like for the same reasons we've been discussing with QPR, it's the off the field and foundations stuff that he takes an active hand in that I appreciate, because we might be average now but we won't be forever and a big part of that is what Hodgson is overseeing.

Really hope we have a good run in the euros, QF/SF would be amazing, quietly confident

England Squad on 16:13 - Oct 1 with 1207 viewsJigsore

Pochettino is fairly dedicated to youth isn't he? they've got some great young (and English) talents starting for them right now. Kane, Ali, Dier, etc.

Don't love Spurs much but they play football thats easy on the eye and occasionally give one of the top four a right a spanking, which is fantastic. So fair play to them
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 16:14]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

England Squad on 16:26 - Oct 1 with 1195 viewsNorthernr

England Squad on 16:13 - Oct 1 by Jigsore

Pochettino is fairly dedicated to youth isn't he? they've got some great young (and English) talents starting for them right now. Kane, Ali, Dier, etc.

Don't love Spurs much but they play football thats easy on the eye and occasionally give one of the top four a right a spanking, which is fantastic. So fair play to them
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 16:14]

Yeh absolutely, I was referring to the Bostock/Parrett/Naughton/Routledge era where any half decent young English lad was hoovered up and hidden away.
England Squad on 16:36 - Oct 1 with 1175 viewsAntti_Heinola

England Squad on 15:04 - Oct 1 by Northernr

People were moaning about Alan Shearer being sht before Euro 96 as he hadn't scored for England in a while. We were picking Carlton Palmer a couple of years before that.

I guess the difference is Carlton Palmer used to get paid about 2k a week while his equivalent now is on about £52k.

Run of the mill players like Wanyama at Southampton or Ings at Burnley are built up into huge things by the constant media coverage and ridiculous transfer fees... no better than players that were kicking around for £250k 25 years ago.

Very true.
Although I was very much behind Shearer at that stage. The stick he got then was incredible.

Bare bones.

England Squad on 17:40 - Oct 1 with 1105 viewswestberksr

this, expected him to surface at somewhere like Southend having sat rotting in the Spuds reserves for 4 years.

Although he did go there with a massive reputation and had shown plenty of ability already; not that those points have ever stopped them before in fukking up someones career.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024