Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column 22:49 - Nov 5 with 4741 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/40971
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 23:16 - Nov 5 with 3577 viewsFredManRave

Excellent article Clive. Detailed and brilliantly put together covering almost everything, Not enough shite being thrown at Fernandes, imo, but that, or should I say he, is my particluar bug bear at the moment. However, a much needed LOL with the "Bigest sporting failure ever witnessed" quote as well as the astronaut probability mention. Could we send Karl Henry to the moon anyway?!

Apologies if you've already mentioned it but who would you choose as our next "Dream Manager"?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 23:16 - Nov 5 with 3573 viewsrosseeles

Blimey, I think that sums up why I can't seem to give any amount of s***s of who we get in. As you say with our setup it won't matter.

I find it hard to think warnock will come back even on a part time basis with Derry , the fact he's getting on, lives in Cornwall and was frankly shat on when he got us up makes me think it won't happen
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 23:19 - Nov 5 with 3558 viewsNorthernr

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 23:16 - Nov 5 by FredManRave

Excellent article Clive. Detailed and brilliantly put together covering almost everything, Not enough shite being thrown at Fernandes, imo, but that, or should I say he, is my particluar bug bear at the moment. However, a much needed LOL with the "Bigest sporting failure ever witnessed" quote as well as the astronaut probability mention. Could we send Karl Henry to the moon anyway?!

Apologies if you've already mentioned it but who would you choose as our next "Dream Manager"?

Personally, in a normal situation, Jackett for a ship-steadying and rebuilding job over the next 18 months with the aim of being ready - possibly with somebody else - to have a bit tilt at it in the third year of the parachute payments.

No fcking chance though.
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 23:36 - Nov 5 with 3504 viewsFredManRave

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 23:19 - Nov 5 by Northernr

Personally, in a normal situation, Jackett for a ship-steadying and rebuilding job over the next 18 months with the aim of being ready - possibly with somebody else - to have a bit tilt at it in the third year of the parachute payments.

No fcking chance though.

Jackett, Pearson or Adkins would be my top 3 picks and probably in that order.

However, you can imagine Fernandes sitting down this very minute trying his hardest to pick one from Sherwood!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 23:38 - Nov 5 with 3492 viewsNorthernr

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 23:36 - Nov 5 by FredManRave

Jackett, Pearson or Adkins would be my top 3 picks and probably in that order.

However, you can imagine Fernandes sitting down this very minute trying his hardest to pick one from Sherwood!

If he is that's his first mistake. Hoos should be very involved in this process - previously involved in picking Pearson, Howe and Dyche at Leicester and Burnley.
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 23:38 - Nov 5 with 3490 viewsJAPRANGERS

Just read your article Clive. Wow, fantastic writing!
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 23:40 - Nov 5 with 3478 viewssevenhoop

That's brilliant as usual Clive. Everything you say is bang on, but the fact is that Ramsey was always the wrong choice,, proved it last season, the absolutely shocking performance first game of season at Charlton confirmed it (and personally broke me, affecting me in a negative way more than any game I can remember as it confirmed how shite we were going to be under him) and he had to go for his continual nonsensical selection of one of the most limited players I have ever seen at this level, Karl Henry.
The board needed shooting, as I said at the time, for not bombing Ramsey out before the end of last season and getting Warburton in, telling him his only remit was to build some solidity, which a huge percentage of us would have taken (as long as Henry was not part of it)
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 23:53 - Nov 5 with 3454 viewsSimonJames

Excellent article Clive.

Ironically for CR, I suspect that if the next man they appoint doesn't immediately galvanize the team and "hit the ground running" then Charlie Austin will have another look at his options in January. If he leaves our chances of making the playoffs will probably go with him and we will be back where we are now... a mid table team destined to finish mid table this season.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 00:06 - Nov 6 with 3429 viewsdaveB

excellent article Chris
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 00:19 - Nov 6 with 3408 viewsDorse

How dare you be so balanced and reasonable! Whittingham out!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 00:27 - Nov 6 with 3395 viewsPunteR

Very good as per.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 00:58 - Nov 6 with 3345 viewseccles

what a depressingly article. Not the prose, which is excellent as usual, but the subject.
My Labrador has got a longer attention span than our board has.
They flit from one subject to the next yet never seem to see things through.
Whether its the new stadium, the training ground, the manager, the club ethos, or any other subject that affects us. Even the bloody kit is awful yet somebody signed off on it!They say the things that they think we would like to hear, playing lip service to our concerns, then do nothing.
And we fall for it every time.
They fail to deliver on everything time and again. Doesn't matter who's the next sucker that they pick, He is set to fail until there's a major change at the top.
Cheers Clive.
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 04:50 - Nov 6 with 3234 viewsCanadaRanger

Cue Ingham...
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 08:20 - Nov 6 with 3019 viewsDesertBoot

So whoever the new manager is, if they fail to win promotion, will be sacked in May.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 08:28 - Nov 6 with 3007 views2Thomas2Bowles

For me TF deserves a lot of the criticism but what about those "football people" that were advising him, what was it arry said, had his pants taken down, arry just as guilty in that respect
And it's LF who talked TF in to giving the job to CR, who has been dreadful as a first team coach/manager

Someone on another thread said about 20 manages in 9 years, well that can't all be laid at TF door, the club has been in a mess for many a year before TF.

While the way we have been managed in the prem has been dreadful, that's been down to those football people in who TF trusted.

We forget that we have had 2 promotions under TF, luck played apart but that's always the case.

I'm glad that this time, TF or the board have finally admitted CR was a mistake (and he really was) and have acted and not let it drag on like with MH and arry

YES there is the real problem of who will be the next manager, but CR was never going to make it as a manager, to believe he would have turned things around is like walking around with your eyes closed.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2015 8:29]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 08:37 - Nov 6 with 2970 viewsDiscodroids

Im sure you wont mind me saying this Northern, and im sure you feel the same sometimes, But i do get a bit uncomfortable when you post I.E,' Karl Henry isnt very good', and its recieved by some on this message board with Acts of devout worship that wouldnt look out of place in 175 bc with Peasants and lepers laying seasonal produce at the feet of their Demi gods for your healing hands .

But fk me, i'll have to join them today.. This piece was magnificent. structured, flowed like water round a rock. Whether i agreed with all of it, which i mostly did, is immaterial.

superb. Time for Ramsey to go back to his role as the out of focus rhythm guitar player on a rocks stars t shirt.

Here Lies Chris Ramsey
QPR Manager 02/15 - 11/15
'He Tried'

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 08:53 - Nov 6 with 2937 viewsNorthernr

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 08:28 - Nov 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

For me TF deserves a lot of the criticism but what about those "football people" that were advising him, what was it arry said, had his pants taken down, arry just as guilty in that respect
And it's LF who talked TF in to giving the job to CR, who has been dreadful as a first team coach/manager

Someone on another thread said about 20 manages in 9 years, well that can't all be laid at TF door, the club has been in a mess for many a year before TF.

While the way we have been managed in the prem has been dreadful, that's been down to those football people in who TF trusted.

We forget that we have had 2 promotions under TF, luck played apart but that's always the case.

I'm glad that this time, TF or the board have finally admitted CR was a mistake (and he really was) and have acted and not let it drag on like with MH and arry

YES there is the real problem of who will be the next manager, but CR was never going to make it as a manager, to believe he would have turned things around is like walking around with your eyes closed.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2015 8:29]

I could go to town on that but I'll shoot the easiest fish and move on - "we've had two promotions under Fernandes". No we haven't.
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 09:10 - Nov 6 with 2886 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 08:53 - Nov 6 by Northernr

I could go to town on that but I'll shoot the easiest fish and move on - "we've had two promotions under Fernandes". No we haven't.

You are correct
But again I say the club had been in a hole a long time before TF turned up

He did what a lot of fans wanted in sticking with managers, experienced managers at that, after years of changing since Holloway.

Gary Waddock
John Gregory
Mick Harford
Luigi De Canio
Iain Dowie
Gareth Ainsworth
Paulo Sousa
Gareth Ainsworth
Jim Magilton
Marc Bircham
Paul Hart
Mick Harford

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 09:23 - Nov 6 with 2849 viewsSomersetHoops

Great article Clive. I thought Ramsey was the right appointment to gradually bring in any promising young players and stabilise us in roughly mid table of the Championship while developing his own managerial abilities along the way. He was doing this at the start of the season allowing for the team settling down after the first few games.

The extreme change in remit immediately stopped the young players opportunities as once he was tasked with promotion at all costs using young unproven players became too much of a risk. I don't think Ramsey can be blamed for that. or that he wasn't the right manager to get promotion this season. I think he suffered a bit from a lack of respect from some of our so called star players who feel they deserved a better more experienced manager, despite not proving it by their performances or effort. I can see it was inevitable that he had to go as soon as his task was changed to one he could not achieve.

The problem with us not developing young players is not the fault of the training facilities (they are better than some in the past when we did develop players). It the mistake those young players made in coming to QPR where they have practically zero opportunity to be gently introduced to first team football apart from the very short window between the end of last season and before the change of objective this season.
Promising young players and their advisors know about this, so the best of them chose to go elsewhere and who could blame them. Now we are returning to that situation again and that will continue to lead us to long term failure.

Talk of money being spent on new training facilities and a massive new stadium and the money wasted on planning and legal battles along the way have got us nowhere and now it seems there will be no money for them anyway unless there is a massive turn around to gain promotion this season and generate the money for those things internally. But wait! We've been there before and not only wasted those resources, but have overspent to the extent of being £200,000,000 in debt. Fernandes never learns and I imagine we will be chasing Premiership survival with another round of overspending and will probably still be bringing Clint Hill back halfway through the season in a desperate attempt to shore things up again. This assumes by some miracle we manage that promotion we are not ready for despite some fans baying for it. I can only think they have caught the non-learning bug from Fernandes.

Our owners seem to see some airy-fairy future they fancy they want with first class training facilities and a 50,000 capacity stadium and set their plans based on that, rather than dealing with the here and now, where we have loftus Road (which BTW I love) and a muddy field in Harlington to train on. The first step should be to do the best we can with what we have and build up to this Utopian future they want gradually. The problem is with the way they are running the club we are heading towards a situation where we will lose everything we've got in addition to what we have already lost which is almost everything that made QPR the plucky little club I was proud to be part of.

Who's Next?

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 11:23 - Nov 6 with 2658 viewsAntti_Heinola

Great article Clive, really no need to add anything to that!

Bare bones.

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 11:54 - Nov 6 with 2598 viewsvblockranger

Thats a great write up and agree 100% regarding the root of the problem.
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 13:54 - Nov 6 with 2437 viewsR_from_afar

Great stuff but I do feel that the increasingly hostile attitude of some of our fans made Ramsey worry that the younger players were not mentally tough enough to feature in the first team. Ramsey did mention the atmosphere affecting the players.

All ancient history now as plough on to who knows where...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 18:49 - Nov 6 with 2235 viewsbrad

well done,close to the bone and true
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 19:44 - Nov 6 with 2187 viewsPey

Very good article indeed.

May i also add..
a real messed up pre season and after some fine early recruitments we left it late as usual to assemble our squad with all problems to come with that did Ramsey no favors.
Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 20:01 - Nov 6 with 2170 viewsOutintheOrne

Ramsey takes the long walk, but the root cause of the problems remains - Column on 09:23 - Nov 6 by SomersetHoops

Great article Clive. I thought Ramsey was the right appointment to gradually bring in any promising young players and stabilise us in roughly mid table of the Championship while developing his own managerial abilities along the way. He was doing this at the start of the season allowing for the team settling down after the first few games.

The extreme change in remit immediately stopped the young players opportunities as once he was tasked with promotion at all costs using young unproven players became too much of a risk. I don't think Ramsey can be blamed for that. or that he wasn't the right manager to get promotion this season. I think he suffered a bit from a lack of respect from some of our so called star players who feel they deserved a better more experienced manager, despite not proving it by their performances or effort. I can see it was inevitable that he had to go as soon as his task was changed to one he could not achieve.

The problem with us not developing young players is not the fault of the training facilities (they are better than some in the past when we did develop players). It the mistake those young players made in coming to QPR where they have practically zero opportunity to be gently introduced to first team football apart from the very short window between the end of last season and before the change of objective this season.
Promising young players and their advisors know about this, so the best of them chose to go elsewhere and who could blame them. Now we are returning to that situation again and that will continue to lead us to long term failure.

Talk of money being spent on new training facilities and a massive new stadium and the money wasted on planning and legal battles along the way have got us nowhere and now it seems there will be no money for them anyway unless there is a massive turn around to gain promotion this season and generate the money for those things internally. But wait! We've been there before and not only wasted those resources, but have overspent to the extent of being £200,000,000 in debt. Fernandes never learns and I imagine we will be chasing Premiership survival with another round of overspending and will probably still be bringing Clint Hill back halfway through the season in a desperate attempt to shore things up again. This assumes by some miracle we manage that promotion we are not ready for despite some fans baying for it. I can only think they have caught the non-learning bug from Fernandes.

Our owners seem to see some airy-fairy future they fancy they want with first class training facilities and a 50,000 capacity stadium and set their plans based on that, rather than dealing with the here and now, where we have loftus Road (which BTW I love) and a muddy field in Harlington to train on. The first step should be to do the best we can with what we have and build up to this Utopian future they want gradually. The problem is with the way they are running the club we are heading towards a situation where we will lose everything we've got in addition to what we have already lost which is almost everything that made QPR the plucky little club I was proud to be part of.

Post of the day for me that, well said mate.

As for the article by Clive, as Disco said, magnificent. Beautifully bleak times to be a rangers man. I'm afraid we're going to be in the same cycle for as long as it takes TF to go bust. Once the money is gone the expectations will have to be lowered.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024