Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football & Brexit. 13:15 - Sep 4 with 1252 viewsSnipper

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but it's a question worth asking.
With Brexit a couple of years away, it looks like Britain won't be bound by European law regarding working practices.
So, if this happens, the Football Association can change the rules regarding how many overseas players a team can have in a match day squad.
Would the FA do this? Surely it's in the best interests of the national teams to have as many home grown players in match day squads.
Football & Brexit. on 14:30 - Sep 4 with 1163 viewstoboboly

Could put in a wage cap too which might save what is left of the game.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Football & Brexit. on 14:46 - Sep 4 with 1131 viewsToast_R

I agree it should happen but...

The Premier League would absolutely not go along with that. So how would it work in that if you're relegated, you have to ditch several non British employees as they become surplus to requirements in the EFL?

I'd certainly like to see a rule that prohibits clubs from making a Manager change during a season where if a manager walks, then the replacement has to come from inside the club.
Football & Brexit. on 14:48 - Sep 4 with 1121 viewsLblock

This could happen.

If Murdoch agrees that it will sell more matches

Which it wont

So it wont

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Football & Brexit. on 15:08 - Sep 4 with 1091 viewsfrancisbowles

How about some mandatory relegation clauses in players contracts.

I.e. if you are relegated your work permit won't be renewed or your salary will be reduced to x
Football & Brexit. on 15:10 - Sep 4 with 1086 viewskensalriser

Football & Brexit. on 15:08 - Sep 4 by francisbowles

How about some mandatory relegation clauses in players contracts.

I.e. if you are relegated your work permit won't be renewed or your salary will be reduced to x

Sounds great, but the player will simply sign for another club that doesn't have those conditions.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Football & Brexit. on 15:14 - Sep 4 with 1071 viewsPlanetHonneywood

When football tax ponces West Ham's chief Karen Brady said, that Brexit would inhibit their ability to spunk millions of tax payers money on Carlos Kickabouts; you knew football was morally bankrupt!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Football & Brexit. on 15:27 - Sep 4 with 1032 viewsTonto

You mean there are a lot of impacts from Brexit Boris and Nige never told us about?

I wont have it!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Football & Brexit. on 15:30 - Sep 4 with 1027 viewskensalriser

Wait until people find out we can't enter the Euros any more. On the bright side, we might at least have a chance of getting to the semi-final of the Commonwealth Cup.

Login to get fewer ads

Football & Brexit. on 15:35 - Sep 4 with 1019 viewsBoston

I'd send 'em all back, the whole lot of the Premier League back to the First Division. Mind you it would mean we wouldn't be a Championship side anymore, dunno if a lot of the folks could cope with us down in the Second!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Football & Brexit. on 16:59 - Sep 4 with 925 viewsToast_R

Football & Brexit. on 15:30 - Sep 4 by kensalriser

Wait until people find out we can't enter the Euros any more. On the bright side, we might at least have a chance of getting to the semi-final of the Commonwealth Cup.

Well that's ridiculous.
Football & Brexit. on 17:45 - Sep 4 with 871 viewsfrancisbowles

Football & Brexit. on 15:10 - Sep 4 by kensalriser

Sounds great, but the player will simply sign for another club that doesn't have those conditions.

It's the problem at the moment but if it was mandatory under the FA then all players would have it in their contract, if they were with an English league club.
Football & Brexit. on 19:22 - Sep 4 with 787 viewskensalriser

Football & Brexit. on 16:59 - Sep 4 by Toast_R

Well that's ridiculous.

OK, quarter finals then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024