Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Self Governing' Squad 17:51 - Oct 29 with 3780 viewsPinnerPaul

Mass mentioned it in programme notes & also in Radio London interview.

What does that mean exactly I wonder?

He said it was a good thing, implied it brought squad closer together.
'Self Governing' Squad on 18:34 - Oct 29 with 3217 viewskingo

It was mentioned before the season started and widely ridiculed. But the team have designated representatives who put forward the views of the squad to the management. From my point of view the squad seems much closer and prepared to fight for each other.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

'Self Governing' Squad on 18:36 - Oct 29 with 3208 viewsPinnerPaul

'Self Governing' Squad on 18:34 - Oct 29 by kingo

It was mentioned before the season started and widely ridiculed. But the team have designated representatives who put forward the views of the squad to the management. From my point of view the squad seems much closer and prepared to fight for each other.

Yeah I remember, vaguely, a 'committee' of senior players being mentioned - but that's not quite 'self governing' - which seems a step further - as long as it works who cares, but just curious as to what it means in practice.
'Self Governing' Squad on 18:51 - Oct 29 with 3180 viewsTacticalR

'Self Governing' Squad on 18:36 - Oct 29 by PinnerPaul

Yeah I remember, vaguely, a 'committee' of senior players being mentioned - but that's not quite 'self governing' - which seems a step further - as long as it works who cares, but just curious as to what it means in practice.

They take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 18:53]

Air hostess clique

'Self Governing' Squad on 19:08 - Oct 29 with 3133 viewsBoston

'Self Governing' Squad on 18:34 - Oct 29 by kingo

Not so long since we used to have a squad that fought each other?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

'Self Governing' Squad on 19:10 - Oct 29 with 3127 viewsLongsufferingR

'Self Governing' Squad on 18:51 - Oct 29 by TacticalR

They take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting.

.....by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major matters.
'Self Governing' Squad on 19:20 - Oct 29 with 3094 viewskingo

'Self Governing' Squad on 19:08 - Oct 29 by Boston

Or the Chinese ;)

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

'Self Governing' Squad on 19:21 - Oct 29 with 3091 viewsTacticalR

'Self Governing' Squad on 19:08 - Oct 29 by Boston

That was the Wrong Sorts Casuals exhibition team, which was certainly worth paying a £60 million fine to see.

Air hostess clique

'Self Governing' Squad on 19:33 - Oct 29 with 3050 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

'Self governing squad' is polite BBC interview code for 'No cvnts'
Login to get fewer ads

'Self Governing' Squad on 20:17 - Oct 29 with 2941 viewsCiderwithRsie

Joking aside, I like the idea of the players getting together and saying "right, if we've got a problem with the management we'll let them know, but we'll do it properly, not by playing cr*p or bitching to the papers; and in the meantime, everyone works for each other (and What Bazza Said)"
'Self Governing' Squad on 20:18 - Oct 29 with 2938 viewsShotKneesHoop

'Self Governing' Squad on 19:33 - Oct 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

That's because Redcvunts is no longer around

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

'Self Governing' Squad on 20:27 - Oct 29 with 2921 viewsShotKneesHoop

'Self Governing' Squad on 20:18 - Oct 29 by ShotKneesHoop

That's because Redcvunts is no longer around

Spotphookinon. You may not have noticed that I hate Redknobb almost as much as r'SWiPe, who did the same sort of damage to QPR in double the time that Candleface/BogusKnees/Rosie/Triffikfentestic/
Wheelerphuckingdealer took to take us to Armageddon AFC.

It would take a referendum to make a decision on that ..... but we all know that this is the road to Armaphuckingeddonarillo, every night I've been hugging brown envelopesisso.

I want to vomit every time I put on BT Sport and he's there as a phooking pundit in a blue suit, blue shirt, no tie, doing a rich man's Shearer. Talking total bollox - as per norm.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 20:34]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

'Self Governing' Squad on 00:24 - Oct 30 with 2771 viewsFDC

During The Great Leap Forward towards the end of the season decision making powers will lie with the Congressional Central Committee however
'Self Governing' Squad on 03:23 - Oct 30 with 2712 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Self-governing you say; that's how UKIP started! And I could certainly see the midfielders calling for Catalonian style separatism at some stage.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

'Self Governing' Squad on 05:41 - Oct 30 with 2671 viewstimcocking

Not sure i could take that seriously, sounds like a pile of cack.

Dont care though, i'm happy.
'Self Governing' Squad on 06:12 - Oct 30 with 2655 viewsLblock

I hope this self guv’noring squad has it in them to ensure Caulker doesn’t come straight back in Tuesday in any capacity

He can remain chatting to the guv’nor of The Washed Up Arms

Don’t do it Ollie

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

'Self Governing' Squad on 08:38 - Oct 30 with 2520 viewsMrSheen

'Self Governing' Squad on 08:38 - Oct 30 with 2520 viewsaston_hoop

Isn't this a quite common thing amongst most clubs these days? the players set the discipline and the fines etc to make sure they're all on the same page?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

'Self Governing' Squad on 09:32 - Oct 30 with 2437 viewsBrianMcCarthy

'Self Governing' Squad on 08:38 - Oct 30 by aston_hoop

Isn't this a quite common thing amongst most clubs these days? the players set the discipline and the fines etc to make sure they're all on the same page?

Definitely,

If the senior players can't succeed in setting the tone for young players and new arrivals then a squad really is in flux and therefore in trouble. The manager has to be the boss but in work, in sport, in our families the standard of behaviour has to be set by the collective first and foremost.

I would imagine that Macca and a few others quickly told new lads what was acceptable and what wasn't.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

'Self Governing' Squad on 10:15 - Oct 30 with 2363 viewsDorse

'Self Governing' Squad on 09:32 - Oct 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Definitely,

If the senior players can't succeed in setting the tone for young players and new arrivals then a squad really is in flux and therefore in trouble. The manager has to be the boss but in work, in sport, in our families the standard of behaviour has to be set by the collective first and foremost.

I would imagine that Macca and a few others quickly told new lads what was acceptable and what wasn't.

Good point. There have been a number of interviews with players who mention Ned's influence in the squad. All the 'pwopah leedah' stuff that gets levelled at him on-field might be wide of the mark when it comes to his dressing room role.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

'Self Governing' Squad on 15:46 - Oct 30 with 2160 viewsMatch82

'Self Governing' Squad on 20:27 - Oct 29 by ShotKneesHoop

Spotphookinon. You may not have noticed that I hate Redknobb almost as much as r'SWiPe, who did the same sort of damage to QPR in double the time that Candleface/BogusKnees/Rosie/Triffikfentestic/
Wheelerphuckingdealer took to take us to Armageddon AFC.

It would take a referendum to make a decision on that ..... but we all know that this is the road to Armaphuckingeddonarillo, every night I've been hugging brown envelopesisso.

I want to vomit every time I put on BT Sport and he's there as a phooking pundit in a blue suit, blue shirt, no tie, doing a rich man's Shearer. Talking total bollox - as per norm.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 20:34]

Are we replying to ourselves to support a point now? Might be the only way I get someone to agree with me!
'Self Governing' Squad on 16:58 - Oct 30 with 2067 viewsShotKneesHoop

'Self Governing' Squad on 15:46 - Oct 30 by Match82

Are we replying to ourselves to support a point now? Might be the only way I get someone to agree with me!

I was actually replying to Bazzaintheloft's post and I managed to split my reply into two. I was actually agreeing with him, just as well I agreed with me as well in the second half of my reply.

'Self Governing' Squad on 22:28 - Oct 30 with 1873 viewsSydneyRs

When done properly this really works well. Its a way of making everyone accountable to everyone else in the group with no exceptions.

It has been used by the Sydney Swans Australian Rules football club for many years and they've been consistently succesful and are known for their never say die attitude, mental strength and togetherness. The self policing there became known as the "no dickheads" rule. All potential signings were reviewed for their character as much as abilty and if it didn't stack up they didn't sign them, no matter how talented they might be.

I see it as a huge positive if the QPR squad adopts this mentality.
'Self Governing' Squad on 22:38 - Oct 30 with 1860 viewsBoston

'Self Governing' Squad on 16:58 - Oct 30 by ShotKneesHoop

I was actually replying to Bazzaintheloft's post and I managed to split my reply into two. I was actually agreeing with him, just as well I agreed with me as well in the second half of my reply.

Going bi is very popular these days.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

'Self Governing' Squad on 08:15 - Oct 31 with 1704 viewsDorse

'Self Governing' Squad on 22:28 - Oct 30 by SydneyRs

When done properly this really works well. Its a way of making everyone accountable to everyone else in the group with no exceptions.

It has been used by the Sydney Swans Australian Rules football club for many years and they've been consistently succesful and are known for their never say die attitude, mental strength and togetherness. The self policing there became known as the "no dickheads" rule. All potential signings were reviewed for their character as much as abilty and if it didn't stack up they didn't sign them, no matter how talented they might be.

I see it as a huge positive if the QPR squad adopts this mentality.

We could adopt it as the new club motto: Non Capitibus Dick (to replace the current Excremento, Nisi Loci).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

'Self Governing' Squad on 08:52 - Oct 31 with 1672 viewsEsox_Lucius

5 years too late to have prevented Barton & SWP. #whatcouldhavebeen

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024