Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Away Problem 09:22 - Nov 6 with 4449 viewspeejaybee

What sound sensible reasons could there be for our terrible away form.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

The Away Problem on 09:28 - Nov 6 with 3496 views2Thomas2Bowles

Is it terrible, not good on Saturday but I'm not sure we are terrible every game.

Lack of a good goal score is problematic home and away, did Sylla get out of bed on Saturday, still got a number of players out.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 9:29]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The Away Problem on 09:55 - Nov 6 with 3452 viewskenthoop11

A lack of pace I reckon. We're so slow getting up the pitch, so can't seem to counter. I also think we need to go 4 at the back away from home, and get some real width from our wingers/fullbacks. Players like Wszolek have to play away from home.
The Away Problem on 10:12 - Nov 6 with 3428 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The Away Problem on 09:28 - Nov 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Is it terrible, not good on Saturday but I'm not sure we are terrible every game.

Lack of a good goal score is problematic home and away, did Sylla get out of bed on Saturday, still got a number of players out.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 9:29]

There are, perhaps, mitigating circumstances but no wins at all is terrible. There is no getting away from that fact.
The Away Problem on 10:22 - Nov 6 with 3414 views2Thomas2Bowles

The Away Problem on 10:12 - Nov 6 by Benny_the_Ball

There are, perhaps, mitigating circumstances but no wins at all is terrible. There is no getting away from that fact.

Not really, terrible would be losing every game by 2/3+ goals, no goals for, no shots on target.

Poor way results yes but no where near terrible.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 10:24]

The Away Problem on 10:30 - Nov 6 with 3389 viewsdaveB

Saturday was the first away game where we've been well beaten, all the others, much like the home games have been quite tight affairs.

I don't think it's a huge problem but the sooner we get that win the better. I do think the main issue is taking chances, we've had chances to win almost every away game but haven't taken them and you don't get as many chances away from home as you do at home.
The Away Problem on 10:35 - Nov 6 with 3374 views2Thomas2Bowles

The Away Problem on 10:30 - Nov 6 by daveB

Saturday was the first away game where we've been well beaten, all the others, much like the home games have been quite tight affairs.

I don't think it's a huge problem but the sooner we get that win the better. I do think the main issue is taking chances, we've had chances to win almost every away game but haven't taken them and you don't get as many chances away from home as you do at home.

Exactly my point.

Until we can find a 15/20 goal striker it's going to stay the same.

To much praise given to Sylla, his goal against SU was just luck and he never turned up on Saturday.
Wash, just not a goal scorer, same with Mc.

All of them will be lucky to get to 10
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 10:42]

The Away Problem on 10:41 - Nov 6 with 3361 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Away Problem on 10:30 - Nov 6 by daveB

Yes Rome wasn't built in a day. It's definitely improved since last season. I think I managed 5 away games, won 1 lost 4, aggregate score about 2 for to 15 against or something silly. Sooner we get a win the better.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Away Problem on 11:22 - Nov 6 with 3306 viewspeejaybee

The Away Problem on 09:55 - Nov 6 by kenthoop11

A lack of pace I reckon. We're so slow getting up the pitch, so can't seem to counter. I also think we need to go 4 at the back away from home, and get some real width from our wingers/fullbacks. Players like Wszolek have to play away from home.

Sound sensible reasoning,but what would your back four be ?????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Login to get fewer ads

The Away Problem on 13:48 - Nov 6 with 3154 viewskenthoop11

The Away Problem on 11:22 - Nov 6 by peejaybee

Sound sensible reasoning,but what would your back four be ?????

Logic suggests Furlong in at right back as he's got a bit of pace about him - watching Baptiste get done out wide on Saturday was horrifying! Unsure on the rest of the back 4, any combination of Lynch/Baptiste/Robinson for the central roles, then Bidwell on the left.
The Away Problem on 16:43 - Nov 6 with 3056 viewsTacticalR

I thought everything was going to be solved through deep breathing, Positive Mental Attitude, player committees, right sorts and not mentioning 'bonus games'? Or is there something more to it than that?

Air hostess clique

The Away Problem on 16:50 - Nov 6 with 3047 viewsDevonWhite

The Away Problem on 10:35 - Nov 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Exactly my point.

To much praise given to Sylla, his goal against SU was just luck and he never turned up on Saturday.

In what sense is too much praise being given to Sylla? He gets far more stick from fans than he deserves.

The stats would suggest that if we play him every week then he'll get us the 15-20 goals that you think require another signing. Or do some of his goals not count because they're lucky? Most strikers get praised for being in the right place at the right time.
The Away Problem on 17:01 - Nov 6 with 3036 viewsNorthernr

The Away Problem on 10:35 - Nov 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Exactly my point.

"find" being the operative word there, because literally unless we find one wandering about out of contract on the White City Estate we can't afford one.
The Away Problem on 17:08 - Nov 6 with 3018 views2Thomas2Bowles

The Away Problem on 17:01 - Nov 6 by Northernr

"find" being the operative word there, because literally unless we find one wandering about out of contract on the White City Estate we can't afford one.

It's a problem the club has, if they can't solve it somehow, we will just continue as we are.

Maybe if they unload a few in Jan and that may mean one of our midfield trio
Maybe TF hinted at that the other day re Freeman

The Away Problem on 19:43 - Nov 6 with 2908 viewsjonno

While it's true we aren't great at converting chances up front, we have actually managed to score in most of our away games. The real problem IMHO is that we simply cannot achieve a clean sheet, and with us unlikely to score more than once that means it's not possible to get a win away from home. Hopefully we'll improve once we get some injured defenders back.
The Away Problem on 19:48 - Nov 6 with 2899 viewsJAPRANGERS

Away game equals Bonus game . How do we get out of this mentality??
The Away Problem on 21:26 - Nov 6 with 2840 viewsactonman

Yes I think for too many years now we turn up at away games hoping for a draw rather than going into games as alpha males !!

Don't do many away games but from what I have seen we just turn up , hope for the best and when we do somehow get in the lead or look like we might get something we inevitably fcuk it right up cos we don't believe in ourselves.

That and someone who can stick it in the back of the net a bit more would be great
The Away Problem on 22:21 - Nov 6 with 2800 viewsichbinnaughty

Bottlers
The Away Problem on 08:26 - Nov 7 with 2692 viewsfrancisbowles

The Away Problem on 21:26 - Nov 6 by actonman

Yes I think for too many years now we turn up at away games hoping for a draw rather than going into games as alpha males !!

Don't do many away games but from what I have seen we just turn up , hope for the best and when we do somehow get in the lead or look like we might get something we inevitably fcuk it right up cos we don't believe in ourselves.

That and someone who can stick it in the back of the net a bit more would be great

Not sure we turn up hoping for a draw. It's been reported that we had a bright start until Forest scored on Saturday and we have taken the lead in four of our eight away games, twice at Middlesborough. Additionally, we have come from behind for a draw in two of the others.
The Away Problem on 08:46 - Nov 7 with 2668 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I am available. And not a sign of a phonecall from HQ. I played last night and scored a belter. Well, the keeper just got a paw to it. But if he hadn't...And If it hadn't been tailing wide...

I'm just saying. There are options.

I have me won boots.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Away Problem on 08:51 - Nov 7 with 2661 viewsWatford_Ranger

The accuracy some of those lads strike the roulette machines in William Hill after a 2L bottle of Strongbow I'd give them a trial.
The Away Problem on 09:41 - Nov 7 with 2622 viewsstevec

Laugh me out of town if you like but how about..... Akinfenwa?

6 foot plus, sixteen and half stone. I know, we might not get much mobility. BUT..

What we would get is someone who could hold the ball up till the cavalry arrive and might be double handy wrestling centre backs to the floor allowing Sylla to nip in with one off his knee cap from 3 yards out.
The Away Problem on 10:33 - Nov 7 with 2577 viewsDorse

I think our weakness away from home is linked to the makeshift nature of our back line. No one is in any doubt as to Smithies' ability but the back 3 (or 5, or 4 for that matter) seems to be under far more pressure playing away and it's those little differences that get exploited. It might be a reticence to push up when we're away, creating gaps for the oppo to run into.

I would really like to see Furlong in the side on the right, whether as right CB in a 3 or as a WB. I don't know if it would be better as an attacking option but it couldn't hurt defensively.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Away Problem on 13:07 - Nov 7 with 2491 viewsLongsufferingR

The Away Problem on 09:41 - Nov 7 by stevec

6 foot plus, sixteen and half stone. I know, we might not get much mobility. BUT..

What we would get is someone who could hold the ball up till the cavalry arrive and might be double handy wrestling centre backs to the floor allowing Sylla to nip in with one off his knee cap from 3 yards out.

The Away Problem on 13:18 - Nov 7 with 2473 viewsRs_Holy

Could you imagine a training ground bust up between Akinfenwa and Onuoha... Beast v Beast!... On a par with Joshua v Wilder
The Away Problem on 13:32 - Nov 7 with 2458 viewsR_from_afar

Interesting idea. I have seen a lot of him recently - no pun intended - having been to a lot of Wycombe games (my best mate is a season ticket holder and it's close and cheap).

His hold-up play is exemplary and his lay-offs are excellent and bring others into the game well. His finishing is also good and, as you can imagine, he is difficult to mark and dispossess.

That said, he can struggle to get involved because in open play, he can't always get to the action quickly enough. He would also need to make a lot of match-winning contributions early on in his Rs career because believe you me, he is the slowest footballer in the football league. He makes plate tectonics look rapid. In addition, apart from at set pieces, he offers nothing defensively and can't press.

I think a possible solution may be at Wycombe, though; Eze. He is looking a real handful, jinky and confident on the ball, plus he is banging in the goals. I reckon it would be worth bringing him back in January.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024