Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ 12:24 - Jan 9 with 6849 viewsRangersDave

You couldn’t make it up....... meticulous!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:01 - Jan 9 with 5017 viewsRs_Holy

He was soooo lucky to get the Stoke job so soon after ruining us!... I wouldnt be surprised if walks into another well paid job... Is the Welsh national job still up for grabs???
Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:10 - Jan 9 with 4988 viewsTheChef

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:01 - Jan 9 by Rs_Holy

He was soooo lucky to get the Stoke job so soon after ruining us!... I wouldnt be surprised if walks into another well paid job... Is the Welsh national job still up for grabs???

He'll get another job soon no doubt.

No other industry consistently rewards failure so well.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:16 - Jan 9 with 4966 viewsbob566

i wouldn't call his stoke tenure a failure in fairness. Finishing consistently 10th-13th for a rake of years is pretty good going.

Do I like him or want him back here. No thanks.
Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:39 - Jan 9 with 4889 viewsRs_Holy

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:16 - Jan 9 by bob566

i wouldn't call his stoke tenure a failure in fairness. Finishing consistently 10th-13th for a rake of years is pretty good going.

Would the fans of any of the clubs he has managed say he did a good job??? Blackburn maybe but he inherited a very good squad and spent a lot of money... He inherited a good/well run squad at Stoke, spent a lot of money and has left them in the relegation places.
Man City, fulham and QPR fans hate him for different reasons.
Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:39 - Jan 9 with 4888 viewsconnell10

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:16 - Jan 9 by bob566

How much money did he spend to achieve such great heights? The bloke is a total kunt!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:54 - Jan 9 with 4831 viewspaesanu

Everytime this prck's name comes up I repeat myself like a broken record but I'm absolutely convinced. He set us back years, and to that end has cost us 10s of millions (plus entertainment). We could have been a Burnley, and we nearly became a Portsmouth. Hughes started it.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 14:00 - Jan 9 with 4815 viewsbob566

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:39 - Jan 9 by connell10

How much money did he spend to achieve such great heights? The bloke is a total kunt!

it's relative spending to where they finished. For me you have a top six with everton around 6pts off making up the seventh place most seasons. Then you have the rest fighting for 8th down to 17th. Bar Sean Dyche I don't see stoke as been any different to how the rest of them spend.

have a look in there and do it season for season. Nothing too excessive for a premier league club.

http://www.transfermarkt.ie/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison
Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 14:19 - Jan 9 with 4762 viewsSimonJames

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:10 - Jan 9 by TheChef

Ollie got his job off the back of a Palarse meltdown and Millwall failure...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 14:32 - Jan 9 with 4732 viewsHendonHoop

He seems to be a Boss that I reckon wouldn't really inspire me very much if I was a Player in one of his sides , going on what I've seen in his tv interviews over the years.
Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 15:03 - Jan 9 with 4597 viewsShotKneesHoop

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:54 - Jan 9 by paesanu

Everytime this prck's name comes up I repeat myself like a broken record but I'm absolutely convinced. He set us back years, and to that end has cost us 10s of millions (plus entertainment). We could have been a Burnley, and we nearly became a Portsmouth. Hughes started it.

And Redknobb finished us,

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 15:18 - Jan 9 with 4551 viewsSimonJames

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:54 - Jan 9 by paesanu

TF started it and Hughes was his WMD.

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 15:24 - Jan 9 with 4538 viewsdanehoop

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 15:18 - Jan 9 by SimonJames

TF started it and Hughes was his WMD.

Utter nonsense.

Never knowingly understood

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 15:30 - Jan 9 with 4523 viewsfreddieeddie

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 13:10 - Jan 9 by TheChef

Marriage is very similar.

I fail my wife in bed every night but she keeps rewarding me with dinner.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 15:48 - Jan 9 with 4468 viewsPinnerPaul

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 14:19 - Jan 9 by SimonJames

Ollie got his job off the back of a Palarse meltdown and Millwall failure...

Very very few managers move because they have been successful

MH and IH are just two of very very many
Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 16:01 - Jan 9 with 4437 viewsfrancisbowles

Whilst Hughes, with his agent and his expanded backroom staff, was the largest contributor to our financial demise, it started with Warnock the summer transfer window after promotion.

Boswanka may have been the worst signing but Colin was responsible for landing us with SWP, Traore and Barton.

He did a great job in keeping us in division one (the championship) and then getting promotion but then let his frustration at lack of decent summer signings get the better of him as he went into panic mode with Tony's chequebook.
Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 16:27 - Jan 9 with 4387 viewsTacticalR

As Al Fayed said, 'a strange man'.

Air hostess clique

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 16:52 - Jan 9 with 4328 viewsSimonJames

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 15:24 - Jan 9 by danehoop

Utter nonsense.

You don't think TF is to blame?
He bought and tried to run a club without knowing what the feck he was doing. And we still haven't recovered from that.
His performance as an owner has been no better than any of the managers he hired and fired...

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 17:09 - Jan 9 with 4282 viewsTacticalR

On the relationship between Fernandes and Hughes...

'It does all make you wonder if Fernandes and Hughes were a lethal combination...the man who wanted everything (or didn't have the sense to ask for the right things) and the man who promised everything (or didn't have the sense to promise only what he could deliver).'

QPR left to count the cost of Hughes false ambition
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/18716/qpr-left-to-c

Air hostess clique

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 17:09 - Jan 9 with 4279 viewsdanehoop

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 16:52 - Jan 9 by SimonJames

You don't think TF is to blame?
He bought and tried to run a club without knowing what the feck he was doing. And we still haven't recovered from that.
His performance as an owner has been no better than any of the managers he hired and fired...

I get board repeating this, but here we go...

TF's business model has usually been to bring in qualified managers to run the business and backing them financially to do so. It is pretty much what he tried to do when taking over QPR, seeking advice from those who were supposedly expert in football and in appointing Hugh-less . At that time, he was was reasonably well rated and TF looked to back him in the transfer market and in the staffing and structures he wanted to put into place to support him (i.e Rigg and the Taffia). He was undoubtedly naive and in hindsight ran the club as a fan for the first 3 years of his tenure, rather than as the astute business man that he actually is. In appointing Beard as a chief executive he recognised the need for an experienced person to run the day today and considered that side to be more about venue management, and preparation for a new stadium. Beard's CV to that point probably fit the job spec after successfully developing and running the O2.

TF repeated his business model with subsequent financial support for each manager, before understanding that giving money to people like Redknapp and trusting their judgement wasn't a great idea. He also realised that being football chief executive was not the same as venue management. His response was to appoint a Director of Football with a clear passion and vision for the club and hire in one of the best football chief executives in the game. So again reverting to his original business model, but this time learning from experience - whilst stepping back from the business - has started to get us back on track.

Never knowingly understood

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 17:23 - Jan 9 with 4250 viewsPinnerPaul

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 17:09 - Jan 9 by danehoop

TF's business model has usually been to bring in qualified managers to run the business and backing them financially to do so. It is pretty much what he tried to do when taking over QPR, seeking advice from those who were supposedly expert in football and in appointing Hugh-less . At that time, he was was reasonably well rated and TF looked to back him in the transfer market and in the staffing and structures he wanted to put into place to support him (i.e Rigg and the Taffia). He was undoubtedly naive and in hindsight ran the club as a fan for the first 3 years of his tenure, rather than as the astute business man that he actually is. In appointing Beard as a chief executive he recognised the need for an experienced person to run the day today and considered that side to be more about venue management, and preparation for a new stadium. Beard's CV to that point probably fit the job spec after successfully developing and running the O2.

TF repeated his business model with subsequent financial support for each manager, before understanding that giving money to people like Redknapp and trusting their judgement wasn't a great idea. He also realised that being football chief executive was not the same as venue management. His response was to appoint a Director of Football with a clear passion and vision for the club and hire in one of the best football chief executives in the game. So again reverting to his original business model, but this time learning from experience - whilst stepping back from the business - has started to get us back on track.

That's far too sensible Danehoop.

Many on here are speaking with hindsight.

As Clive very bravely & honestly pointed out in his Caulker article - he was regarded at the time as a great signing.

I'm not saying every one of our PL signings was greeted with universal acclaim but not many were saying at the time - 'Don't spend that money, lets promote the youth players and see how they do'!
Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 17:41 - Jan 9 with 4184 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 17:23 - Jan 9 by PinnerPaul

That's far too sensible Danehoop.

Many on here are speaking with hindsight.

As Clive very bravely & honestly pointed out in his Caulker article - he was regarded at the time as a great signing.

I'm not saying every one of our PL signings was greeted with universal acclaim but not many were saying at the time - 'Don't spend that money, lets promote the youth players and see how they do'!

It's a good post by Danehoop.
But lots of people were shoutng that summer 'STOP BUYING PLAYERS!' It was obvious we were buying too many. But Clive was right - many were welcomed. Hoilett was seen as a great one, as was Caulker, Granero etc. On paper, not many looked like terrible ones (Cesar being a real panic buy), but as a squad it didn't work.

Bare bones.

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 18:02 - Jan 9 with 4119 viewsbob566

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 17:41 - Jan 9 by Antti_Heinola

It's a good post by Danehoop.
But lots of people were shoutng that summer 'STOP BUYING PLAYERS!' It was obvious we were buying too many. But Clive was right - many were welcomed. Hoilett was seen as a great one, as was Caulker, Granero etc. On paper, not many looked like terrible ones (Cesar being a real panic buy), but as a squad it didn't work.

granero and hoillett wouldn't have cost too much. Can you imagine what Rio and Park were on to leave man utd for us?
Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 18:36 - Jan 9 with 4061 viewsDorse

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 18:02 - Jan 9 by bob566

granero and hoillett wouldn't have cost too much. Can you imagine what Rio and Park were on to leave man utd for us?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 18:40 - Jan 9 with 4052 viewsSimonJames

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 17:09 - Jan 9 by danehoop

I don't disagree with any of that: he is an a astute businessman, and he did run the club like a fan.

But that is not a contradiction of my original inference that "this fine mess we've gotten ourselves into" cannot be laid squarely at Hughes' door. Rather the combination of TF's naivety and Hughes ambition set in motion a string of events that 6 years later (despite the good works of Lee Hoos and Les Ferdinand) sees us languishing in 17th place in the Championship with a £40m fine to pay and no budget to spend on players.

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 20:03 - Jan 9 with 3961 viewsCamberleyR

Hughes looking forward to a ‘new challenge’ ........ on 18:02 - Jan 9 by bob566

Admittedly, Hoillet didn't cost us much as he was an under-23 Bosman (so a small tribunal set fee was paid) but his wages probably cost us the thick end of £12m over his four year contract.

Granero was 'reputed' to have cost £9m, also on a four year contract and I don't expect he was on beer money either at Real Madrid.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024