Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shootings in Wealdstone 08:32 - May 7 with 12061 viewsRD2112

I used to live in Wealdstone in the late 80's, I was in Claremont Road about half a mile away. My daughter grew up there and I never once worried about her safety. Unless things have really changed, it was never what you'd call a "Ghetto Area". I moved from England in 2003, has it really become that bad now? When I see stuff like this I am so glad that I moved away.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 01:16 - May 8 with 2661 viewsbob566

Its the drugs. In our day youd buy a bag of weed that would last a week. Now its heroin and coke. Need them multiple times a day with far more profit to the dealers. Add to that in our days the teachers were allowed to give you a hiding. Agree or disagree kids kept in line more. There was authority. Now cops or teachers are more likely to be libelled. These kids have nothing to fear. Parents can instill values but as long as their kids fall in with the wrong crowd. What can you do
Shootings in Wealdstone on 01:30 - May 8 with 2658 viewsSharpy36

Indeed Bob. A teacher recently sacked for miss gendering a transgender pupil, the left and nutters have won.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Shootings in Wealdstone on 02:05 - May 8 with 2633 viewsBoston

Shootings in Wealdstone on 01:30 - May 8 by Sharpy36

Indeed Bob. A teacher recently sacked for miss gendering a transgender pupil, the left and nutters have won.

Miss Gendereing...nope, didn't have her at my school.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Shootings in Wealdstone on 06:59 - May 8 with 2596 viewsqprd

Shootings in Wealdstone on 16:31 - May 7 by MrSheen

It's interesting that around 20,000 of the Somalis accepted in the Netherlands, moved to the UK in just 3 years (2002-05), which they were entitled to do under freedom of movement. The reason many gave is because the Dutch split them up, while the UK allows them to live where they like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalis_in_the_Netherlands

The same article gives the extraordinary detail that most Somalis there are single men, where most of the women there are single mothers. How has that happened, and how can a society be expected to assimilate a community structured like that?

did you not read why the family composition is set up as such? its literally the next sentence in the Wikipedia article you cited

but beyond that, you do realize that the assumptions you set forth are applicable to all demographic groups within wealthier societies, including the UK... look at the white british population; rates of single motherhood and single men are comparable to those you cited; this is largely due to an increase in divorce, which is tied to (I) rising labor opportunities for women, which make it easier for women to get divorced without being screwed, (ii) the rise of the welfare state, which provides a safety net for woman to get divorced and (iii) greater social acceptance/less stigma associated with divorce...

you question why a group cant be assimilated into a society based on an assumption that is equally true amongst the mainstream population.... my brain hurts
[Post edited 8 May 2018 7:16]
Shootings in Wealdstone on 07:11 - May 8 with 2592 viewsdistortR

Shootings in Wealdstone on 19:12 - May 7 by PunteR

Didnt the banks own NY? i think i read somewhere NY borrowed billions to clean it up ? I cant quite remember the details.

T he banks were bailing out the city by buying bonds off them, and then stopped doing so unless they could put their bean counters in charge of expenditure. Covered in the brilliant documentary 'hypernormalisation' which is on the bbc i player.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:07 - May 8 with 2520 viewsstevec

Shootings in Wealdstone on 14:38 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, a banker might not knife you to death in Stoke Newington, by they will starve you and or force you to die of exposure.

So bankers are starving and forcing people to die of exposure in the UK. What planet are you on?

I expect you'll refer me to another column in the Guardian newspaper as confirmation, no doubt written by some middle class white boy for other middle class white boys to sate their middle class angst.

I do love the Left, their solution to every real world problem solved by writing a thesis.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:32 - May 8 with 2501 viewspomanjou

In answer to the opening post, no it's not a ghetto but it is is seedy and rundown in parts around the centre. I go to the excellent Afghani restaurant 'Masa' regularly and my wife shops in the bastion of the middle classes Wealdstone Waitrose. With new building work going on its a place on the up.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Shootings in Wealdstone on 11:12 - May 8 with 2413 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:07 - May 8 by stevec

So bankers are starving and forcing people to die of exposure in the UK. What planet are you on?

I expect you'll refer me to another column in the Guardian newspaper as confirmation, no doubt written by some middle class white boy for other middle class white boys to sate their middle class angst.

I do love the Left, their solution to every real world problem solved by writing a thesis.

Sadly on the same one as you Steve.
Login to get fewer ads

Shootings in Wealdstone on 11:22 - May 8 with 2387 viewscolinallcars

We can argue 'til we're blue in the face about whether economic unfairness and discrimination can justify involvement in crime. However, we are here talking about people that squirt acid in peoples' faces and routinely discharge guns in public places often hurting innocent bystanders. There can be no justification for this at all. I make no apologies in calling for a crackdown.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 11:28 - May 8 with 2376 viewsBostonR

Shootings in Wealdstone on 11:22 - May 8 by colinallcars

We can argue 'til we're blue in the face about whether economic unfairness and discrimination can justify involvement in crime. However, we are here talking about people that squirt acid in peoples' faces and routinely discharge guns in public places often hurting innocent bystanders. There can be no justification for this at all. I make no apologies in calling for a crackdown.

Unless the Police step in the vigilantes will and then watch the authorities take action. We can all discuss social injustice but this is criminal activity.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 17:13 - May 8 with 2261 viewsrunningman75

London has always had chancers and people trying to make a living through illicit means. Trouble is that in the past people used intimidation but rarely weapons. I was in Barons Court looking for a pub and using google maps on my phone. 2 boys on a bike went to snatch my phone. They looked about 13 years old. I managed to avoid the phone being snatched and gave them a look if they tried anything I would fight. Fortunately they want off empty handed.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 15:54 - May 9 with 2089 viewscolinallcars

Shootings in Wealdstone on 17:13 - May 8 by runningman75

London has always had chancers and people trying to make a living through illicit means. Trouble is that in the past people used intimidation but rarely weapons. I was in Barons Court looking for a pub and using google maps on my phone. 2 boys on a bike went to snatch my phone. They looked about 13 years old. I managed to avoid the phone being snatched and gave them a look if they tried anything I would fight. Fortunately they want off empty handed.

I'm guessing you were looking for the Curtain Up or the Colton ?
Shootings in Wealdstone on 18:14 - May 9 with 2013 viewsrunningman75

Shootings in Wealdstone on 15:54 - May 9 by colinallcars

I'm guessing you were looking for the Curtain Up or the Colton ?

Yes the Curtain up turned left out of the station rather than right. Was only about 7.00 p.m on a warm evening and yet some kids had the nerve to try and nick my phone.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 18:56 - May 9 with 1975 viewsBoston

Shootings in Wealdstone on 18:14 - May 9 by runningman75

Yes the Curtain up turned left out of the station rather than right. Was only about 7.00 p.m on a warm evening and yet some kids had the nerve to try and nick my phone.

God be with the days football hooligans would get a bit of street respect, tsk.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Shootings in Wealdstone on 18:58 - May 9 with 1975 viewscolinallcars

Shootings in Wealdstone on 18:14 - May 9 by runningman75

Enjoy the play ?
Shootings in Wealdstone on 19:12 - May 9 with 1959 viewsrunningman75

Quite a good play and interesting theatre. Think it was £5.60 for a pint of Camden Lager (normally drink bitter but was hot and nice pub).
Shootings in Wealdstone on 19:38 - May 9 with 1938 viewscolinallcars

Shootings in Wealdstone on 19:12 - May 9 by runningman75

Quite a good play and interesting theatre. Think it was £5.60 for a pint of Camden Lager (normally drink bitter but was hot and nice pub).

I go there now and then. Good food with meat from the local high class butcher and real ale. A bit pricey. I was told it used to be a pub for gay Kiwi bikers ! I didn't believe it but I heard it from someone else so may be true. Hard to imagine now.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 23:57 - May 9 with 1870 viewstimcocking

We know who these people are. All these wannabe gangsters or bonafide gangsters or terrorists should be taken at night by the SAS and disappeared.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024