Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. 18:00 - Aug 18 with 2850 viewsAwaliHoop

Today’s game is exactly what you get with this stupid FFP stuff. Men vs Boys and it’s just how the FA have designed it and something has to change. WBA were awarded £96 mill for coming last! More than the premiership winners two years ago. So they have come down to the Championship with players we can only dream of. Players like Gibbs and Rodrigues who have played for England over the last few years. But more importantly they are players the FA won’t allow us to have.

As much as I’m an Ollie fan and don’t really understand Mclarens appointment, what is Steve supposed to do? The FA won’t allow him to sign players or to bring many players in on loan as we ‘can’t afford it’ according to their rules? Ultimately the FA have created a monopoly which rewards the bigs boys and makes sure the smaller teams have no chance of joining them.

We were never going to be judged on today’s game. It won’t dictate our season. WBA are literally in a different league to us. And that is just how the FA has designed it.

Well done to the FA. You will eventually ruin football for all but the top few teams. But that is just what you, and they, want.
The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 18:12 - Aug 18 with 2404 viewsPinnerPaul

Other clubs have breached FFP and not lost 7-1
The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 18:12 - Aug 18 with 2403 viewscolinallcars

Exactly old chap. The rich mouse gets the cheese, the poor mouse gets the rind. They ultimately want the Prem packed with “big” clubs only, not us or Bournemouth or Watford or Huddersfield, but the promotion of Leeds, Villa etc.
The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 18:21 - Aug 18 with 2345 viewspaulparker

Blame the idiot who broke the rules and who has been a walking disarster since day one

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 18:45 - Aug 18 with 2258 viewsstevec

What’s the worst scenario if club goes into administration these days, relegation and £17m better off?

I reckon league 2 and Bye bye FFP fine might be worth consideration long term.
The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 18:47 - Aug 18 with 2239 viewsDesertBoot

Hang on, we were richly rewarded for being rubbish and look at us now. 7-1 has nothing to do with FFP

Wish I could be like David Watts

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 18:48 - Aug 18 with 2227 viewsTGRRRSSS

I doubt it, they could force the sale of Loftus Road as a main creditor surely?

Furthermore, who would buy the club?

TF and Reuben would be gone, so too Mittal and Bhatia you'd think, they still own a portion of the club, and this is QPR, you know we'd get hammered in a way nobody else would be.

Could be down in Conference South (or whatever they call it) and playing well......... where?
The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 18:49 - Aug 18 with 2216 viewsdavman

Completely 100% agree.

But we're we asking the question when we scraped a 1-0 against Yeovil in that Play off season?

Basically, if we can't punch above our weight like Bournemouth, Burnley, Preston, Brentford, etc. we will only end up in a place commensurate with the size of our ground - a lower mid table Third Tier team.

FFP HAS FCKD US UP FFS

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 18:51 - Aug 18 with 2208 viewsQPR_John

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 18:21 - Aug 18 by paulparker

Blame the idiot who broke the rules and who has been a walking disarster since day one

Breaking FFP cost the club a £10M fine over ten years and one transfer embargo in January. Do you really think if not for that we would be spending millions on transfers. We cannot because we cannot generate enough income to do that what happened in the past is immaterial to what FFP is doing to us now
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 18:53]
Login to get fewer ads

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 18:58 - Aug 18 with 2177 viewsAgedR

FFP is, to quote the old England and Middx cricketer, John Emburey, “the fuxking, fuxker’s, fuxking fuxked”

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 20:52 - Aug 18 with 2010 viewsOakR

Not really.

It's a Football League FFP as opposed to FA I believe, which is how we got away with it when we got promoted.

We knew the rules and rolled the dice and lost. The only people to blame and those in charge at the time.

Poll: Will we stay up?

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 21:03 - Aug 18 with 1972 viewsQPR_John

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 20:52 - Aug 18 by OakR

Not really.

It's a Football League FFP as opposed to FA I believe, which is how we got away with it when we got promoted.

We knew the rules and rolled the dice and lost. The only people to blame and those in charge at the time.

If that is your attitude than accept what we now are. A small team with a small ground and a small, in terms of other clubs, income stream who, under those same rules you seem to accept, cannot compete. As I said above we broke the rules and got punished but it has no bearing on our current position of not being able to pay the necessary transfer fees and salaries to attract top quality players
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 21:07]
The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 21:08 - Aug 18 with 1942 viewsdavman

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 21:03 - Aug 18 by QPR_John

If that is your attitude than accept what we now are. A small team with a small ground and a small, in terms of other clubs, income stream who, under those same rules you seem to accept, cannot compete. As I said above we broke the rules and got punished but it has no bearing on our current position of not being able to pay the necessary transfer fees and salaries to attract top quality players
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 21:07]

Maybe we should loan our entire squad out for the season and register some fans who play a bit and are willing to pay £4 a game in match fees. Then tell the Football League that this is the only way we can comply with their ridiculous rules and fck competition.

We can then tour the country without hope just having fun...

Thoughts?

Can we go out yet?

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 21:22 - Aug 18 with 1892 viewsAwaliHoop

Sadly there is a huge amount of ignorance from QPR fans on this. As some have pointed out the fine from what happened a few years ago is irrelevant.

Our problem now is that we are abiding by FFP rules and it’s hurting us. The FA has put in place rules that penalise clubs like us. No other business I know is restricted in the same way. The firm I work for wanted to expand so it got outside investment and has more than doubled in 5 years because of it. If we did that at QPR, took investment and spent it on the squad we would be penalised by the FA. They (and the big clubs behind them) don’t want the smaller clubs to grow. That is the very definition of a monopoly and would be illegal in most businesses.

Let’s be clear. If we keep abiding by the FFP rules there is nothing the club can do, nothing Steve can do, and nothing the players can do. Our income puts us around a middle table League Division 1 Club and that’s where we will be.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 21:22]
The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 21:22 - Aug 18 with 1891 viewsOakR

We do have accept we will be recovering from this for a long time.

As I understand it, this is a FL thing, which will mean a majority of FL clubs voted for it. We and agree or disagree or the merits of FFP, but we knew the rules when we decided to spend a fortune on players who came here only for the money.

This thread started with this is a result of what the FA did to us, I think we've done it to ourselves (well Fernandes and co have).

I started going mid-80s. I've nothing to back this up, but in mind we were always best when buying players from lower leagues, developing them and every so often selling our best players to balance the books. Parker, Ferdinand, Seaman, Peacock, Sinclair etc etc.

We tried spending big when we went down as we virtually bankrupt ourselves.

Times have changes and the Championship is very strong now, teams coming down have an advantage clearly but that is as much about the Premier League and the money there as anything else.

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 21:23 - Aug 18 with 1881 viewsStanisgod

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 21:08 - Aug 18 by davman

Maybe we should loan our entire squad out for the season and register some fans who play a bit and are willing to pay £4 a game in match fees. Then tell the Football League that this is the only way we can comply with their ridiculous rules and fck competition.

We can then tour the country without hope just having fun...

Thoughts?

I'm in. Was a good number seven in my day ( 71-76).
Might be a good thing to go down. Doesn't seem to be doing Blackburn any harm upping there bid for some numpty to 8 million apparently as soon as they come back up.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 21:33 - Aug 18 with 1813 viewspeejaybee

FFS

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 21:44 - Aug 18 with 1774 viewsSimonJames

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 18:12 - Aug 18 by colinallcars

Exactly old chap. The rich mouse gets the cheese, the poor mouse gets the rind. They ultimately want the Prem packed with “big” clubs only, not us or Bournemouth or Watford or Huddersfield, but the promotion of Leeds, Villa etc.

The PL want a US style major league and every other league as a minor league whose sole purpose is as a breeding ground of players to feed into the PL.
Then they can enjoy years of £100M+ TV revenues, brand value growth... and sod the other leagues.

100% of people who drink water will die.

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 21:49 - Aug 18 with 1756 viewscolinallcars

There are plans for some La Liga matches to be played in America and broadcast on TV worldwide. In a few Years there will be a Euro Super League with matches played, well, in Europe and America. Football as we have known it over the years is over.
The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 21:53 - Aug 18 with 1743 viewskropotkin41

I suspect that our discussions mirror those which take place at the club. They know that without additional revenue we are a League One outfit, and that's why the new stadium has become their number 1 priority. Get that sorted, and we might be able to compete in the Championship until either the Prem bubble bursts or the next tidal wave of money comes in and makes it even worse.

I don't mind the prospect of us being in League One as long as we have a plan in place and are doing all the right things. Of course, it'd be great of SM and the current squad could keep us up, but it's going to have to be quite a fight........

And then we have another problem: how much support will we get in League One? Would we dwindle and fade away even from that?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 22:08 - Aug 18 with 1707 viewscolinallcars

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 21:53 - Aug 18 by kropotkin41

I suspect that our discussions mirror those which take place at the club. They know that without additional revenue we are a League One outfit, and that's why the new stadium has become their number 1 priority. Get that sorted, and we might be able to compete in the Championship until either the Prem bubble bursts or the next tidal wave of money comes in and makes it even worse.

I don't mind the prospect of us being in League One as long as we have a plan in place and are doing all the right things. Of course, it'd be great of SM and the current squad could keep us up, but it's going to have to be quite a fight........

And then we have another problem: how much support will we get in League One? Would we dwindle and fade away even from that?

How much support would we get on League 1 is a moot point. I rather think the older fans would stay on but some of the younger, impatient ones would give up on QPR altogether. I sincerely hope I'm wrong as we are highly likely to be a League 1 side next year.
The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 22:51 - Aug 18 with 1625 viewsOakR

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 22:08 - Aug 18 by colinallcars

How much support would we get on League 1 is a moot point. I rather think the older fans would stay on but some of the younger, impatient ones would give up on QPR altogether. I sincerely hope I'm wrong as we are highly likely to be a League 1 side next year.

I think our attendances went up last time we were in what is now league 1, and for those going then probably one of the best seasons with Padula, Bircham,Cook, Ainsworth & co etc but different times.

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 22:55 - Aug 18 with 1597 viewsRangersw12

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 22:08 - Aug 18 by colinallcars

If they priced it correctly we would get similar to what get now if not more
The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 23:33 - Aug 18 with 1502 viewsdavman

The league we are in will not make any difference unless we continue to fall through the leagues. If we start winning in any league, fans will come out the woodwork - look at Portsmouth as a model.

Can we go out yet?

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 23:39 - Aug 18 with 1476 viewskropotkin41

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 23:33 - Aug 18 by davman

The league we are in will not make any difference unless we continue to fall through the leagues. If we start winning in any league, fans will come out the woodwork - look at Portsmouth as a model.

Funny you should mention that, Portsmouth is a very interesting model.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 01:03 - Aug 19 with 1332 viewstimcocking

The FA are getting just what they wanted in the first place. on 18:12 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

Other clubs have breached FFP and not lost 7-1

?

We were forced to release for sweet fa all of our senior defenders, now we've lost our first three straight conceding seven yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024