Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stupid Rules in Football 08:11 - Mar 5 with 5695 viewstoboboly

Instead of sorting cheating, safe standing, the financial oblivion teams are increasingly finding themselves in or horrendous owners the rule makers have decided that rebounds at penalties are no longer allowed.

I presume no-one will bother lining up on the edge of the box as if it is saved or hits the woodwork it will be a goal kick.

Awful in my opinion, takes more excitement out of the game.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Stupid Rules in Football on 08:16 - Mar 5 with 4845 viewsloftboy

Where did you see that, shocking if true.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Stupid Rules in Football on 08:18 - Mar 5 with 4839 viewsenfieldargh

heard that on the radio last night.

Penalty , results in either a goalkick or kick off.

What a load of rubbish

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Stupid Rules in Football on 08:24 - Mar 5 with 4823 viewsloftboy

Also no forwards in the wall, and if the ball it’s the arm/hand then it’s handball no matter what. They are killing the game.

Stupid Rules in Football on 08:27 - Mar 5 with 4812 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Stupid Rules in Football on 08:35 - Mar 5 with 4794 viewsSydneyRs

Savour that Watford v Leicester playoff ending, won't happen again.
Stupid Rules in Football on 08:35 - Mar 5 with 4791 viewsBoston

Got to be just talking head musing?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stupid Rules in Football on 08:36 - Mar 5 with 4786 viewstoboboly

Stupid Rules in Football on 08:16 - Mar 5 by loftboy

Where did you see that, shocking if true.

Heard on the radio this morning.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Stupid Rules in Football on 08:37 - Mar 5 with 4783 viewsloftboy

Since I had to give my season ticket up in 2016 my attendance has dwindled year on year, football has been the world to me for the whole of my life but the game that I grew up loving seems a million miles away from what we are seeing now.

Login to get fewer ads

Stupid Rules in Football on 10:02 - Mar 5 with 4698 viewsQPR_John

This is all true about the law changes. The one about penalties is clearly designed to protect referees who seem incapable of checking for encroachment.
Stupid Rules in Football on 10:22 - Mar 5 with 4672 viewsAntti_Heinola

one of the stupidest ideas i've ever heard.

Bare bones.

Stupid Rules in Football on 10:31 - Mar 5 with 4644 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No Henry / Pires catastrophes either.

Takes some excitement out of pens for me. Love the goalmouth scramble after a saved pen.
Stupid Rules in Football on 10:39 - Mar 5 with 4629 viewsTHEBUSH

If the new rules stop players cheating even more and bad referees making bad decisions, I don't mind the changes.
Stupid Rules in Football on 11:44 - Mar 5 with 4572 viewsmakaveli1882

Football is set to change from June 1, 2019, with an IFAB meeting deciding on the rules that will be altered from the summer onwards. Some are minor, while others are a lot more dramatic.Here, we take a look at the major five changes.

1. There will be no rebounds from penalties Play will stop for a restart if a penalty is saved or hits the post, meaning there will be no chance to follow up and score from rebounds, meaning players will no longer need to line up on the edge of the area.

2. Handballs inside the area From June 1, goals scored that have hit a player's hand - voluntarily or involuntarily - will not be allowed.

3. Substituted players can leave the field anywhereWhen a player is withdrawn they will no longer have to leave the field at the halfway line and will instead be permitted to leave the pitch at the nearest point.

4. Players can touch the ball in the area after a goalkeeper kicks it out Until now, players could not touch goal kicks before they exited the box, but now they will be able to.

5. Coaches will receive cards againIt has been done in the past, but discipline of coaches changed to simple reprimands or sendings off.Now they are able to receive yellow and red cards much like players.

Rule 5 - means nothing to me nor does rule 4 unless our Keepers start doing it.

Rule 3 - is brilliant in my opinion, maybe not for time wasting teams like us.

Rule 2 - as long as defenders do not find a way around it by sticking out hands, or as long as goals with slight deflections of arm/shoulder etc are not disallowed then again this could be a good rule.

Rule 1 - The thought of no rebounds goal mouth scrabbles is sad but lets be honest how many goals have we scored from a rebounded penalty? ......... Stopping people going in the box and hanging on the 18 yard is very good thing.
Stupid Rules in Football on 11:50 - Mar 5 with 4554 viewsQPR_John

Stupid Rules in Football on 10:39 - Mar 5 by THEBUSH

If the new rules stop players cheating even more and bad referees making bad decisions, I don't mind the changes.

I don't mind changes when they are there to enhance the game but changes simply to protect incompetent referees are rediculous
Stupid Rules in Football on 11:59 - Mar 5 with 4531 viewsloftboy

Rule 3, at the moment a player due to be subbed from wasting time makes his way to the far side of the pitch, all he will do know is head for the centre circle so will still be able to leave at the half way line.

Stupid Rules in Football on 12:31 - Mar 5 with 4460 viewsRBlock

That rule about penalties isn't true apparently. Dropped back in November according to Martyn Ziegler of The Times.
Stupid Rules in Football on 12:36 - Mar 5 with 4446 viewsPommyhoop

They just need a barrier that's set up along the penalty area. Then when the taker kicks the ball the barrier it automatically rises, allowing players to encroach legally.
The technology already exists.
Should be easy to implicate.

Stupid Rules in Football on 12:38 - Mar 5 with 4438 viewsJuzzie

If a goalie saves a penalty and it goes behind the goal, will it still be a corner or now just a goal kick?

What if it hits the woodwork and goes in the net off the goalie, goal or no goal?

What if a mole suddenly appears above ground, deflects the ball onto the post, it rebounds onto the goalie and goes into the net... goal or no goal?
Stupid Rules in Football on 12:41 - Mar 5 with 4420 viewsMick_S

What if a mole suddenly appears above ground, deflects the ball onto the post, it rebounds onto the goalie and goes into the net... goal or no goal?

"Hello Mike Parry? Is this Talk Sport?"

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Stupid Rules in Football on 12:41 - Mar 5 with 4415 viewsW7Ranger

Stupid Rules in Football on 12:38 - Mar 5 by Juzzie

If a goalie saves a penalty and it goes behind the goal, will it still be a corner or now just a goal kick?

What if it hits the woodwork and goes in the net off the goalie, goal or no goal?

Or a squirrel?
Stupid Rules in Football on 12:43 - Mar 5 with 4409 viewsJuzzie

Stupid Rules in Football on 12:41 - Mar 5 by W7Ranger

Or a squirrel?

oooh yes.... what about inflatable balls too?
Stupid Rules in Football on 13:25 - Mar 5 with 4350 viewssmegma

Stupid Rules in Football on 10:39 - Mar 5 by THEBUSH

When it affects QPR you'll change your mind
Stupid Rules in Football on 13:38 - Mar 5 with 4313 viewsPommyhoop

Stupid Rules in Football on 12:38 - Mar 5 by Juzzie

Stupid Rules in Football on 13:46 - Mar 5 with 4295 viewsJuzzie

Stupid Rules in Football on 13:38 - Mar 5 by Pommyhoop

That was great and would be a scandal if something like that wasn't allowed. Very, very, very, very rare but why shouldn't it count.

I think if this rule were ever to be introduced, it should be fine tuned a bit.....

The penalty is between the goalie and the penalty taker. All 20 other players are not allowed in the box at all. If the ball is saved or hits the woodwork and comes back into play then it's between the the goalie and the penalty taker how they deal with the follow up. The ball coming off the wood work, hitting the goalie and going in still counts as a goal.

A save that goes behind the goal is still a corner.

The only issue I can see is if the ball at any point goes outside the penalty area.... maybe the rest of the players then become active and can then go in the box too? Basically normal play resumes.
Stupid Rules in Football on 14:41 - Mar 5 with 4226 viewsfrancisbowles

Stupid Rules in Football on 13:46 - Mar 5 by Juzzie

That was great and would be a scandal if something like that wasn't allowed. Very, very, very, very rare but why shouldn't it count.

I think if this rule were ever to be introduced, it should be fine tuned a bit.....

The penalty is between the goalie and the penalty taker. All 20 other players are not allowed in the box at all. If the ball is saved or hits the woodwork and comes back into play then it's between the the goalie and the penalty taker how they deal with the follow up. The ball coming off the wood work, hitting the goalie and going in still counts as a goal.

A save that goes behind the goal is still a corner.

The only issue I can see is if the ball at any point goes outside the penalty area.... maybe the rest of the players then become active and can then go in the box too? Basically normal play resumes.

Sounds like a much better idea, Juzzie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024