Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Head of FA 12:10 - Nov 12 with 1908 viewsMorrisD52

How about Les ?
Head of FA on 12:22 - Nov 12 with 1885 viewsMrSheen

Might be a groundsmen's veto.
Head of FA on 12:26 - Nov 12 with 1867 viewsJuzzie

What about Andy Evans? He's head of QPR in the Community and will have his finger on the pulse as much as anyone when it comes to being in touch with what is going on with football at grass roots level.
Head of FA on 13:24 - Nov 12 with 1779 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I hope not. They are both doing a great job here!
Head of FA on 13:29 - Nov 12 with 1768 viewsLythamR

Head of FA on 13:24 - Nov 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

I hope not. They are both doing a great job here!

I reckon Les is nailed on for the job if he wants it
Head of FA on 13:31 - Nov 12 with 1762 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Head of FA on 13:29 - Nov 12 by LythamR

I reckon Les is nailed on for the job if he wants it

I’m not sure how they are appointed, but I can’t see Les appealing to some of the Northern Regional FAs.
Head of FA on 13:44 - Nov 12 with 1722 viewsbosh67

Much as I think Les has done a good job here I would reckon it would be the perfect job for him. He'd sort the FA out.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Head of FA on 14:20 - Nov 12 with 1663 viewsdaveB

No one is sorting the FA out, he'd be mad to take it, Gary Neville would be perfect but he is pushing for an independent body to run football which would be a great idea if it happened.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 15:00]
Head of FA on 14:26 - Nov 12 with 1655 viewsfrancisbowles

I posted the following on the Greg Clarke thread yesterday but it seemed to get lost in between posts on gender diversity. I've reposted as it is a better fit on here.

Sir Les to replace him? I would be delighted as long as others like Chris Ramsey stayed at the club. Les has done a very good job for us taking us from being a basket case of a club, restructuring the organisation and putting us on the road to sustainability, which is necessary if we are to remain in business and aim to be competitive and successful in the future.

If Ferdinand was to be offered and accept the position it would reflect well on the profile, image and progressive nature of our club. It may even give us a friend in the shady world of football governance.

I'm sure we could find someone, maybe even from within, to continue on the same path and with the work that he has achieved to date.
Login to get fewer ads

Head of FA on 15:25 - Nov 12 with 1594 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The pressure is on to appoint a BAME and on that basis, the field of potential candidates would appear to be a field of one.

SLF will at least get an interview, but I wonder if Levy might also get a call.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Head of FA on 08:47 - Nov 13 with 1399 viewstoboboly

I would ask Nedum Onouha. He actually has a brain.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Head of FA on 14:17 - Nov 13 with 1271 viewsJuzzie

Head of FA on 15:25 - Nov 12 by PlanetHonneywood

The pressure is on to appoint a BAME and on that basis, the field of potential candidates would appear to be a field of one.

SLF will at least get an interview, but I wonder if Levy might also get a call.

Whilst it's absolutely 100% right that no one should ever be denied a job because of their colour, race, culture, gender, gender preference etc etc, it's absolutely vital that equally no one is given a job over someone else because because of their colour, race, culture, gender, gender preference etc etc.
Head of FA on 14:35 - Nov 13 with 1244 viewsTheChef

Head of FA on 14:17 - Nov 13 by Juzzie

Whilst it's absolutely 100% right that no one should ever be denied a job because of their colour, race, culture, gender, gender preference etc etc, it's absolutely vital that equally no one is given a job over someone else because because of their colour, race, culture, gender, gender preference etc etc.

Paul Elliott in the frame apparently.

But Ned is definitely a future candidate I reckon - very eloquent.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Head of FA on 15:43 - Nov 13 with 1205 viewsDavieQPR

Les or Paul Elliot will not get the job because they know about Football. FA usually appoint an ex City worker and could make this female so as to be PC.
Head of FA on 15:53 - Nov 13 with 1195 viewstimcocking

Head of FA on 16:47 - Nov 13 with 1152 viewsderbyhoop

Les had ruled himself out. The QPR job is more important.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Head of FA on 16:54 - Nov 13 with 1136 viewsBrianMcCarthy

They hope to have someone in place by March next year.
No rush.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Head of FA on 02:31 - Nov 14 with 1059 viewsLoftgirl

Head of FA on 08:47 - Nov 13 by toboboly

I would ask Nedum Onouha. He actually has a brain.

He doesn't like Joey Barton either. Win win.
Head of FA on 03:54 - Nov 14 with 1045 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Head of FA on 14:17 - Nov 13 by Juzzie

Well yes of course the abilities and skills are key. However, historically, many candidates from minority/underrepresented groups will tell you that is not their experience.

In addition, positive discrimination is (or certainly was in the UK) lawful in situations where the candidates have comparable abilities and you choose the candidate to promote a minority/underrepresented group.

Frankly speaking, positions such as the Head of the FA, have ‘traditionally’ been the domain of the white male, chosen by other white males, whose thinking about whom to appoint exclusively centred on other white males. In the case of the FA, that also included the criterion of being a ‘good chap that wouldn’t rock the boat’ ergo, a white male would be required.

Now I don’t know if at the time of Clark’s appointment he was the standout candidate that stood head and shoulders above the rest of the field, but I do wonder if the selection process and those doing the selecting, were ‘open‘ to seriously looking beyond their traditional preferred candidate? By the look of Clark and his recent comments, probably not.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024