Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column 13:25 - Jan 6 with 1837 viewsNorthernr

Massive thanks to Simon Dorset for this long read on former QPR manager Gordon Jago on the fiftieth anniversary of him first arriving at the club...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/53848
Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 13:36 - Jan 6 with 1807 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I enjoyed that thanks.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 14:16 - Jan 6 with 1744 viewsQPRSteve

My all time favourite manager. I was absolutely gutted when he left.
Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 14:20 - Jan 6 with 1733 viewsswitchingcode

Great read thanks,I used to go with my RaRa mate back then ( sadly no longer with us) and it was a great period for london football.The team was full of interesting characters some on their way up,others on their way down.
Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 14:32 - Jan 6 with 1715 viewsstainrods_elbow

What a fine man! Is it really possible he's 87/88 years old in this interview - still so animated, switched-on and passionate about the game! I wish we still had him at QPR in any capacity.

Some of the comments about Jim Gregory do make Jim sound like a bit of a power-possessed jerk at times, and it's sad that JG's behaviour apparently precipitated Jago's resignation.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 15:08 - Jan 6 with 1676 viewsBoston

Loved Jago when I was a kid. He’s a very popular man in Dallas if you’re ever down that way.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 15:12 - Jan 6 with 1668 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great article. Thanks Simona and Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 16:12 - Jan 6 with 1606 viewsPinnerPaul

Very interesting
Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 16:28 - Jan 6 with 1587 viewsStanFan

Great article. I knew that he was a brilliant manager for us but learnt a lot more about the man and his career. Thank you.
Login to get fewer ads

Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 17:49 - Jan 6 with 1492 viewsstevec

Fantastic article, very enjoyable read.

200 grand to play with, you wonder what he could do with 20 million. Great days when we had a Chairman, a manager, a set of players who the fans could believe in.
Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 19:11 - Jan 6 with 1423 viewsdezzar

A few years ago a friend of my Dads , and his wife , were on a cruise in the Carrabbian , where they met a single gentleman who had recently lost his wfe. After a few meals together he told them about his life and involvement in football.Although extremeley modest he mentioned his achievements with various clubs and was especially proud of his time at QPR.

My Dads friend mentioned that my family and I , but not my Geordie Dad, were Rangers fans.Mr Jago asked them for their email address so he could contact us , when he returned to Texas.To cut a long story short we recieved a parcel from Texas a few months later with a signed Rangers shirt and a lovely message about how he enjoyed his time at the Rs and how he wished us well and for the return of the good times.

The shirt , now framed , hangs proudly on my sons bedroom wall. What a true gentleman and legend he is
Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 20:54 - Jan 6 with 1340 viewsslmrstid

Really enjoyed that, thanks to the author, cracking read.
Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 17:11 - Jan 7 with 981 viewsterryb

Thank you Simon.

I will confess to being one of the consultants of his time with Rangers, but I'd not seen the whole package & there was a lot of information that I was unaware of.

I will go to my grave with Gordon being my favourite manager & I can't imagine that we will have a side that rivals the Jago team in my affections!

Hopefully we will reach the time when I can once again meet Simon in the pub before games & then stand next to each other in the back row of MU!
Gordon Jago: Leading from the front — Column on 18:20 - Jan 7 with 943 viewsnix

What an interesting article. Thanks Simon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024