Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
nuno 22:14 - Jan 6 with 1284 viewsdigswellhoop

Dont agree with the fine for him or any other manager he was putting HIS opinion abut the ref and was probably right
Refs should be made to cone out after a game and explain there decisions as the manager has too
nuno on 22:16 - Jan 6 with 1268 viewsBoston

...with a flake and some strawberry swirl?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

nuno on 23:41 - Jan 6 with 1156 viewsDavieQPR

Refs get more protection than the Queen.
nuno on 00:55 - Jan 7 with 1112 viewsstowmarketrange

Especially now we have var looking at the decisions too.If the ref still believed he was right regarding a controversial decision,he should explain how he made it.
nuno on 01:04 - Jan 7 with 1107 viewsBoston

nuno on 23:41 - Jan 6 by DavieQPR

Refs get more protection than the Queen.

If players, the dugout and fans gave the refs a little more respect, I’d share your sympathies.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

nuno on 09:31 - Jan 7 with 950 viewsDorse

Now I am not one to gossip but I was at a match once, and I heard a rumour that the referee was, and I quote, a 'w anker'. Naming no names but several people mentioned this. All at once. At quite a volume. For about ten minutes.

As I say, this is only a rumour.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

nuno on 10:57 - Jan 7 with 881 viewsdodge_stoke_r

nuno on 01:04 - Jan 7 by Boston

If players, the dugout and fans gave the refs a little more respect, I’d share your sympathies.

Respect doesn't come with the donning of a referees strip. It has to be earned. And if they were made more accountable for their actions by, well coming out and explaining either why their decision was correct or put their hands up and say that they had cocked up. Then maybe more respect would be shown towards them.
nuno on 11:42 - Jan 7 with 834 viewsfrancisbowles

I don't think it would be fair for them to come out and explain, on live TV, straight after the game, why they had made this decision or that one. Mr Langford would have got home in daylight after the Norwich game. However, a review to be broadcast, published or posted on Tuesdays and Fridays with explanations and apologies would perhaps be a step forward.
nuno on 11:56 - Jan 7 with 817 viewsdaveB

nuno on 11:42 - Jan 7 by francisbowles

I don't think it would be fair for them to come out and explain, on live TV, straight after the game, why they had made this decision or that one. Mr Langford would have got home in daylight after the Norwich game. However, a review to be broadcast, published or posted on Tuesdays and Fridays with explanations and apologies would perhaps be a step forward.

Wil players have to do a review as well and explain every mis placed pass, failure to track runners or lose man at a corner

I moan about refs as much as everyone else but they are human and some of the things Nuno said after that Wolves game was deserving of a fine.
Login to get fewer ads

nuno on 12:06 - Jan 7 with 802 viewsfrancisbowles

nuno on 11:56 - Jan 7 by daveB

Wil players have to do a review as well and explain every mis placed pass, failure to track runners or lose man at a corner

I moan about refs as much as everyone else but they are human and some of the things Nuno said after that Wolves game was deserving of a fine.

Just thought it might be helpful to players and fans if they understood the reasons for decisions. We might all learn a bit more about the rules (sorry Pinner, Laws of the Game ), their interpretation and application as well as the role of the referee.

It would be a step up from these mysterious apology letters that we keep hearing about but never actually see.
nuno on 14:01 - Jan 7 with 732 viewsPinnerPaul

Indeed - there's no excuse but in this match there weren't even any KMI (Key Match Incidents) that went against his side.

Seen Wolves fans on line after the game have no idea what he is on about.

In fact Lee Mason's only possible major error was to not send off a Wolves player.

He also said that Lee Mason gave more fouls than other referees when in fact he has the 3rd LOWEST foul call per game.

He also said Lee Mason not good enough for the Premier League.

Players/managers don't expect referees to come on after the game saying he shouldn't be managing/playing in this league so why is it OK for managers to do the same - THAT's what is meant by 'respect'.

As Dave says maybe look at yourself first - I've seen defenders whose team have lost 5,6 nil start having a go at the ref for a poor display!

But yeah apart from all that Nuno was 'probably correct'

Forgot one - managers NEVER 'explain' their decisions after a game, if they lose, its all about blaming someone or something else!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 14:02]
nuno on 14:05 - Jan 7 with 721 viewsPinnerPaul

nuno on 12:06 - Jan 7 by francisbowles

Just thought it might be helpful to players and fans if they understood the reasons for decisions. We might all learn a bit more about the rules (sorry Pinner, Laws of the Game ), their interpretation and application as well as the role of the referee.

It would be a step up from these mysterious apology letters that we keep hearing about but never actually see.

Yes I do see that - but as I say above bit unfair to get refs come out and explain why things went 'wrong' but not managers.

Can't see any, especially ours, come out and explain subs that have made the situation worse, for example.

" and Bright, just run us through how exactly how you managed to miss from 2 yards"
nuno on 15:04 - Jan 7 with 690 viewsfrancisbowles

nuno on 14:05 - Jan 7 by PinnerPaul

Yes I do see that - but as I say above bit unfair to get refs come out and explain why things went 'wrong' but not managers.

Can't see any, especially ours, come out and explain subs that have made the situation worse, for example.

" and Bright, just run us through how exactly how you managed to miss from 2 yards"

Maybe if something started with Refs, Managers might be persuaded to do similar reviews.. They do, of course, do pre and post match interviews so media interviewers have the opportunity to ask them some of these questions already.
nuno on 15:29 - Jan 7 with 662 viewsDorse

nuno on 15:04 - Jan 7 by francisbowles

Maybe if something started with Refs, Managers might be persuaded to do similar reviews.. They do, of course, do pre and post match interviews so media interviewers have the opportunity to ask them some of these questions already.

I would love to have heard Mark Hughes explain some of the the appalling shite we had to witness here during his tenure. Meticulously.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

nuno on 15:37 - Jan 7 with 651 viewsRangersw12

I would like to see the ref mic up like they do in Rugby

I would also like to hear how VAR come to their decisions the same way you hear 3rd umpire go through everything in cricket
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 16:03]
nuno on 15:56 - Jan 7 with 636 viewsQPR_John

"Wil players have to do a review as well and explain every mis placed pass, failure to track runners or lose man at a corner"

The differences being if a player makes a mistake he and his team usually pay for it.
nuno on 16:51 - Jan 7 with 595 viewsPinnerPaul

nuno on 15:04 - Jan 7 by francisbowles

which they never answer, or at least not truthfully.

Never heard anyone say/ask " Not good enough for this league anymore are you Sam?"
nuno on 16:52 - Jan 7 with 590 viewsPinnerPaul

nuno on 15:56 - Jan 7 by QPR_John

"Wil players have to do a review as well and explain every mis placed pass, failure to track runners or lose man at a corner"

The differences being if a player makes a mistake he and his team usually pay for it.

So do referees.
nuno on 16:55 - Jan 7 with 585 viewsPinnerPaul

nuno on 15:37 - Jan 7 by Rangersw12

I would like to see the ref mic up like they do in Rugby

I would also like to hear how VAR come to their decisions the same way you hear 3rd umpire go through everything in cricket
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 16:03]

If you have some spare lockdown time, watch the 'Man in the Middle' programmes on UEFA TV.

80% promotional guff about how wonderful they all are, but there IS on field footage with refs conversations with players and VAR on there.

They are NOT as illuminating as you might think/hope!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024