Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games 10:32 - Aug 12 with 2265 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne I think is a player and compliments de Wijs and Barbet,

Field is out for a few months and Amos maybe a month from playing,

Dickie for me is more mobile than Ball, has better control, passing, and travels well with the ball,

I'd play Dickie CDM at Hull and Boro, as apart from that slip / handball last night, thought his all round play was superb.
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 10:34 - Aug 12 with 2255 viewsdaveB

I'd stick with Ball, he was abysmal when he came on last night but think out of the players we have he's the best option at the moment
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 10:43 - Aug 12 with 2228 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 10:34 - Aug 12 by daveB

I'd stick with Ball, he was abysmal when he came on last night but think out of the players we have he's the best option at the moment

I also like the way Dickie attacks the lose / second ball on the edge of the area,

This area / space was a real weakness against Millwall, Ball for me is fairly immobile / slow over 5, and I thought his positional play in that area was'nt great against Millwall and gave up too many shooting chances to Millwall,

Like Ball alot (same with Kakay) just don't see them as starters in a team aiming for top 6, whereas think leaving Dunne on the bench for next few games could be a missed opportunity.
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 10:46 - Aug 12 with 2208 viewsozexile

It's a no from me.
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 10:48 - Aug 12 with 2200 viewsDavieQPR

No don't start playing players out of position unless we have to. Next you will get someone suggest he play at striker because he scores goals.
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 10:53 - Aug 12 with 2171 viewsBazzeR

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 10:48 - Aug 12 by DavieQPR

No don't start playing players out of position unless we have to. Next you will get someone suggest he play at striker because he scores goals.

That will be me with Dunne then.

Don’t know if it was a ploy between both players but did anyone see Dunne telling Dickie what position to take up at the corner for our goal ?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 12:26]
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 11:01 - Aug 12 with 2123 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Genius!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 11:02 - Aug 12 with 2119 viewsTacticalR

He's our top scorer.

Air hostess clique

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 11:10 - Aug 12 with 2081 viewsdmm

Dickie's weakness is his lack of pace and slowness on the turn which would be very problematic if he played DCM.
Login to get fewer ads

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 11:46 - Aug 12 with 2003 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No doubt in my mind that he could do it, but that Millwall display suggested we shouldn’t change that format under any circumstances.

If we want to continue the good work of the last few years then risk Bettache I say. Our job is to understand and give the lad support.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 11:47]
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 11:51 - Aug 12 with 1969 viewssimmo

Dickie is so good he could easily do a job at DM, but he's actually much more important to the way we play as a RCB in a 3. Stepping forward and creating those passing angles / drawing out opposition midfielders is massive and creates all kinds of opportunities for the likes of Chair and Willock who drop into those spaces. Having him too central would negate a lot of that where the angles are narrower and passes need to be near perfect.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 12:09 - Aug 12 with 1907 viewsngbqpr

Stefan as main man with Ball, Bettache, Field, Dozzell, Amos all as options to partner him...I'd say we have more decent cover there than almost anywhere else on the pitch.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 12:25 - Aug 12 with 1878 viewsBazzeR

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 12:09 - Aug 12 by ngbqpr

Stefan as main man with Ball, Bettache, Field, Dozzell, Amos all as options to partner him...I'd say we have more decent cover there than almost anywhere else on the pitch.

Agree that plenty of good options in M/F but not sure that SJ,Dozzell and Bettache offer too similar attributes ?
Without previously knowing too much about Dozzell I was hoping he may provide a bit more protection in M/F.
I know it’s very early days to judge all the players correctly.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 13:04]
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 12:41 - Aug 12 with 1819 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 12:09 - Aug 12 by ngbqpr

I think we’re very reliant on JoJo in midfield at the moment, something which Gary Rowett hinted at in his post match interview on Saturday. Dozzell looks talented although perhaps one paced?Reminded me a bit of Tom Huddlestone yesterday.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 12:45 - Aug 12 with 1798 viewssmuttsontour

Lee Cook being stuck up top many moons ago springs to mind!
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 13:00 - Aug 12 with 1752 viewsngbqpr

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 12:41 - Aug 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

I think we’re very reliant on JoJo in midfield at the moment, something which Gary Rowett hinted at in his post match interview on Saturday. Dozzell looks talented although perhaps one paced?Reminded me a bit of Tom Huddlestone yesterday.

Totally agree CWS, but suspect not many Championship teams who don't have 4 or 5 key players they're praying don't get injured.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 13:08 - Aug 12 with 1713 viewsBeestonranger

Georges Santos played up front once I recall.
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 13:13 - Aug 12 with 1698 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 13:00 - Aug 12 by ngbqpr

Totally agree CWS, but suspect not many Championship teams who don't have 4 or 5 key players they're praying don't get injured.

Yes agreed. I meant to add that it’s not a problem being reliant on JoJo (and others) when they’re playing regularly. We’re lucky to have them!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 13:14 - Aug 12 with 1697 viewsrobith

As many have said, Dickie's effectiveness is because he steps out of defence into a natural gap between formations. Then means the rest of the team can step up into the gaps as he has pushed play up the field. Just don't think he'd be as good in a permanent DM role
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 13:35 - Aug 12 with 1627 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Danny Shittu did too in the last game of the Championship winning season v Leeds and not at all for the appearance bonus or any kind of backhander for the manager.
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 13:38 - Aug 12 with 1606 viewseastside_r

Dickie vs Dykes. Who will get more goals this season? If I were a betting man, I know who I’d put my money on.
Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 13:38 - Aug 12 with 1604 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Dickie as a CDM for Hull & Boro games on 13:08 - Aug 12 by Beestonranger

Georges Santos played up front once I recall.

Don Howe played Darren Peacock up front instead of Les!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024