Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting XI for Middlesbrough 13:26 - Feb 8 with 2397 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

Same XI as vs Reading with Willock and Amos behind Dykes.
Willock played No. 10 role superbly well recently and helped the team winning 5 from last 6 league games.
Amos's movement was more direct and running quickly across the attacking half.
Chair can be used as an impact sub. He is not match fit at the moment.
Then we will have Gray, Chair, Austin (even Thomas, and/or Armstrong, hopefully but unlikely) on the bench to provide more attacking options.
Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 13:28 - Feb 8 with 2380 viewsnix

Agree with this. Good call.
Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 14:14 - Feb 8 with 2288 viewsParkRoyalR

I'd definitely start Chair ahead of Amos (primarily for ball retention in final third) and with Boro's pace would start Moses ahead of Wallace (and just tell Moses to calm it down abit), so 5-2-2-1 with Johanssen and Field supporting Willock and Chair, imo.
Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 14:24 - Feb 8 with 2252 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Marshall

Dickie––Dunne––Barbet

Adomah––Field––Johansen––Wallace

Illy––Willy

Dykes

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 14:32 - Feb 8 with 2213 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 14:14 - Feb 8 by ParkRoyalR

I'd definitely start Chair ahead of Amos (primarily for ball retention in final third) and with Boro's pace would start Moses ahead of Wallace (and just tell Moses to calm it down abit), so 5-2-2-1 with Johanssen and Field supporting Willock and Chair, imo.

Moses was sent off in the Middlesbrough away match
Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 14:36 - Feb 8 with 2179 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 14:32 - Feb 8 by QPR_Pro_Max

A couple of thumping tackles on Jones from Wallace early on will do nicely.

Really looking forward to this one whoever plays!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 14:48 - Feb 8 with 2111 viewsHAYESBOY

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 14:24 - Feb 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

Marshall

Dickie––Dunne––Barbet

Illy––Willy

Dykes

This team for me, although Amos can count himself unlucky. Chair is just better technically and offers more further forward.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 14:54 - Feb 8 with 2091 viewsParkRoyalR

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 14:32 - Feb 8 by QPR_Pro_Max

Yes, hence needing to calm it down a bit, but Moses for me puts teams on the back-foot with his pace, energy and regularly beats his man 1 on 1 to break the line,

Wallace imo is till regaining full match fitness and I think Boro might target him like Coventry did with Kane (who has only medium pace compared to some of Boro's players), where we fortunate to survive so many crosses into the danger area.

Like Wallace, especially on our smaller pitch, but Moses for me brings more front foot aggression albeit with the risk he over commits occasionally.
Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 15:55 - Feb 8 with 1975 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 14:54 - Feb 8 by ParkRoyalR

Yes, hence needing to calm it down a bit, but Moses for me puts teams on the back-foot with his pace, energy and regularly beats his man 1 on 1 to break the line,

Wallace imo is till regaining full match fitness and I think Boro might target him like Coventry did with Kane (who has only medium pace compared to some of Boro's players), where we fortunate to survive so many crosses into the danger area.

Like Wallace, especially on our smaller pitch, but Moses for me brings more front foot aggression albeit with the risk he over commits occasionally.

Actually, I am thinking of pushing Moses further foward to the attacking position, e,g. behind the striker as someone here qouted Warburton recognised he is the fastest player in the team. He can play on both feet and always loves to attack.
Login to get fewer ads

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 10:31 - Feb 9 with 1715 viewsBklynRanger

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 14:54 - Feb 8 by ParkRoyalR

I'd go the other way on that tbh - I'd play Moses at LB to cover Jones's pace, which would make sense if it happens. But in doing that I think it actually makes us slightly less attacking.

William Wallace has a real understanding with Willock and co and helps with, and instigates, a lot of attacking play down that side. He also reads the game in a way befitting his many years in it. Whereas Mo, no spring chicken, but is still slightly finding his feet in terms of beginning to play more regularly in our side. You can see that in the amount of instruction he gets from the players around him - but he does seem like a good natured lad anyway and keen to work hard for everyone.

On balance I'd start with the OP's team, including Wallace, bringing on Chair at some point definitely, and Moses if needed.
Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 10:36 - Feb 9 with 1691 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Marshall

Dickie––Dunne––Barbet

Illy––Willy

Dykes

Dieng for Marshall but otherwise I'm with you, Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 10:42 - Feb 9 with 1657 viewsPhildo

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 10:36 - Feb 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Don't think Dieng is available yet
Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 10:43 - Feb 9 with 1653 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 10:36 - Feb 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I read on West London Sport that Dieng won't be back in time

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-trio-set-to-return-marshall-to-continue-
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 10:44]
Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 10:49 - Feb 9 with 1598 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 10:43 - Feb 9 by superhoopdownunder

I read on West London Sport that Dieng won't be back in time

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-trio-set-to-return-marshall-to-continue-
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 10:44]

Ok, how late will he be? Ten minutes? Twenty? Is it traffic? Or working late at the office?

We'll get Marshall to start and let Dieng jump in when he arrives.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 11:14 - Feb 9 with 1512 viewsRBlock

Marshall

Dickie––Dunne––Barbet

Illy––Willy

Dykes

This is it for me too.

Wallace over Moses, as now we've got Chair back we could see those triangles start to form again over on the left where we pop it about so well. I think that suits Wallace better than it does the sporadic stylings of Odubajo. Also, Chair offers a set piece threat that I think we've been lacking.
Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 15:13 - Feb 9 with 1318 viewsPinnerPaul

Starting XI for Middlesbrough on 10:49 - Feb 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Ok, how late will he be? Ten minutes? Twenty? Is it traffic? Or working late at the office?

We'll get Marshall to start and let Dieng jump in when he arrives.

MW said he was still celebrating!

Mane not back for Liverpool, but Salah is - same reason

I think MW says he lands tomorrow morning.

Just have to postpone the Marshall v Dieng debate until later this week!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024