Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Are Still In Fourth Place. 21:42 - Feb 15 with 3862 viewsted_hendrix

A healthy fourth place, not too long ago we were all lamenting how 'this team' never gives up so nor should we, a right and proper shyte result tonight but C'mon these things/results happen.
Look at the league table It aint over yet, we'll be back on it soon.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:47 - Feb 15 with 2467 viewsDamo1962

Not so sure Ted. I'm more concerned about our lack of performance rather than results TBH. If you are playing alright but losing, you will eventually get your rewards - but not if your performance dips. Really thought we'd see a response from the team tonight after Saturday. Be interested to hear from those who went. Millwall are no mugs either...so fair play to them.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 21:54]
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:47 - Feb 15 with 2465 viewsKerryE

I know Ted, but we are in a bit of a rut imo.
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:47 - Feb 15 with 2463 viewsA40Bosh

Go Ted, Go Ted.

We need a cheer leader mate, too many on here throwing the towel in after a bad run of few games.

We are going to come good and the sun will shine in Wembley in May

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:49 - Feb 15 with 2438 viewsA40Bosh

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:47 - Feb 15 by Damo1962

Not so sure Ted. I'm more concerned about our lack of performance rather than results TBH. If you are playing alright but losing, you will eventually get your rewards - but not if your performance dips. Really thought we'd see a response from the team tonight after Saturday. Be interested to hear from those who went. Millwall are no mugs either...so fair play to them.

The Wal have apparently lost one of their previous 9 at home or something like that - but we are supposed to buck that trend apparently - and when we don't the world has ended

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:49 - Feb 15 with 2417 viewsRs_Holy

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:47 - Feb 15 by Damo1962

yep we look mentally and physically tired.... maybe go for a break somewhere on the weekend of the FA Cup 5th round?
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:50 - Feb 15 with 2410 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good stuff, Ted.

Need to stay positive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:51 - Feb 15 with 2361 viewsstowmarketrange

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:49 - Feb 15 by Rs_Holy

yep we look mentally and physically tired.... maybe go for a break somewhere on the weekend of the FA Cup 5th round?

It’s on in midweek though.
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:52 - Feb 15 with 2362 viewsStreathamRanger

I wish I knew what the problem was. On Saturday we had people blaming the manager for playing 2 up front. Tonight we played what many would say is our best 11 but we were second best to a hard working but average Millwall side.
Are the wing backs not firing? They do have a combined age of almost 70 and Odubajo is not a suitable replacement. Hard to ignore the fact that our three worst performances have come since Chair is back in the side. Surely he can't be the problem though, he's one of our best players.

The only thing I can say is it looks like we've just run out of steam. Too many tired players maybe.
Login to get fewer ads

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:54 - Feb 15 with 2324 viewsted_hendrix

The performances have been dreadful of late, I've seen that happen a heap of times but we don't suddenly become crap over night (although we have) we'll get it back I'm sure.
It's Manager time now.
The wheels have come off so he's gotta put them back on.
Like I say fourth place, I'd have killed for that back in August.
F uck Millwall and Barnsley that's now history.
These results and dips in form happen all the time.
Ride it out.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:56 - Feb 15 with 2282 viewsessextaxiboy

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:52 - Feb 15 by StreathamRanger

I wish I knew what the problem was. On Saturday we had people blaming the manager for playing 2 up front. Tonight we played what many would say is our best 11 but we were second best to a hard working but average Millwall side.
Are the wing backs not firing? They do have a combined age of almost 70 and Odubajo is not a suitable replacement. Hard to ignore the fact that our three worst performances have come since Chair is back in the side. Surely he can't be the problem though, he's one of our best players.

The only thing I can say is it looks like we've just run out of steam. Too many tired players maybe.

The strikers are the problem ... we are playing too deep because we cant get up the pitch and keep it there .
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:57 - Feb 15 with 2267 viewsA40Bosh

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:54 - Feb 15 by ted_hendrix

The performances have been dreadful of late, I've seen that happen a heap of times but we don't suddenly become crap over night (although we have) we'll get it back I'm sure.
It's Manager time now.
Ride it out.

Amen Brother, Amen!

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:57 - Feb 15 with 2260 viewsDamo1962

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:52 - Feb 15 by StreathamRanger

And at the wrong time too. Let's take our frustration out on Hull at the weekend🙂Come on you Superhoooops.
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:00 - Feb 15 with 2216 viewsStreathamRanger

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:57 - Feb 15 by Damo1962

And at the wrong time too. Let's take our frustration out on Hull at the weekend🙂Come on you Superhoooops.

We had better bloody take it out on Hull on Saturday. I'm taking the kids and they've only seen Loftus road when the crowd are in good spirits. If things turn ugly they might not want to come back 😬
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:01 - Feb 15 with 2185 viewsQPunkR

The dire performances have been more worrisome than the poor results

QPR - "shit but local"

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:01 - Feb 15 with 2184 viewsBedford_R

It's Manager time now.
Ride it out.

This.....

RMH_R Reborn

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:07 - Feb 15 with 2114 viewsDamo1962

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:00 - Feb 15 by StreathamRanger

We had better bloody take it out on Hull on Saturday. I'm taking the kids and they've only seen Loftus road when the crowd are in good spirits. If things turn ugly they might not want to come back 😬

Fingers crossed 🙂
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:09 - Feb 15 with 2102 viewsJamesB1979

It's Manager time now.
Ride it out.

Yeah I was thinking this but then I look back and think at games since December. We deserved to beat Reading but how many of those other wins were deserved? I look back at Birmingham and think, they were awful but a point would have been fair. Coventry, definitely 2nd best. Bristol….same. It’s more than a blip. Don’t get me wrong we are clear Over achieving but we are struggling and have been for a while if we’re honest. 3 points against a woeful Reading side has disguised that.
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:14 - Feb 15 with 2058 viewsManinBlack

In truth, over quite a few years, our away form in London derbies has been rotten, so this result tonight might still have happened. Millwall were due a win over us, just bad news to only take a point off them and Barnsley this season. Hull won't be easy having drawn at Sheffield tonight so their defence will be confident about keeping our misfiring strikers quiet.

My fear is that we are reverting to our old away form and the way we played at the start of the 20/21 season in the first half of that campaign before we went on a roll in the second half of the season.
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:16 - Feb 15 with 2032 viewsbarbicanranger

Granted I'm watching from a far but for me the performances haven't been shocking; they have been average and we just haven't clicked or sparked. We are certainly in a rut, rough patch, whatever you want to call it and it'd be great to click again and get out of it but this might not be a bad time to have a poor run and gain form again heading into March. Yes, I'd love to have continued flying and made the most of the games and be chasing the top 2 but we have to be realistic and we were always going to have some sticky patches where things don't click.
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:22 - Feb 15 with 1962 viewsdaveB

every team has a bad run, how quickly you get out of it determines where you finish. Key thing is not to panic, get back to basics and win as quickly as we can. 3 home games coming up, big opportunity to turn a bad month into a good one
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 22:27]
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:24 - Feb 15 with 1915 viewsnix

Good post Ted.

We just looked a bit weary across the team today.

I've seen Dykes, Chair, Field, Johansen, Field, Adomah and even Willock all blamed for today.

Maybe it's just that they're not firing on all cylinders at the moment.

We have had a number of 'must win' games and it may mentally take its toll.

Blackburn, Bournemouth and West Brom have all had wobbles. It's not surprising that we have too.
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:25 - Feb 15 with 1902 viewsdaveB

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:56 - Feb 15 by essextaxiboy

The strikers are the problem ... we are playing too deep because we cant get up the pitch and keep it there .

Strikers need service although would agree Dykes hold up play was poor. Big problem for me is centre halves no longer coming out and joining into midfield to create space for the forward players, far too easy to defend against when the back 5 play as 5 defenders rather than showing the bravery on the ball to make mistakes.
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:32 - Feb 15 with 1841 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Should have signed an attacking player with some pace in the window. We are so slow to break it's painful.
We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:32 - Feb 15 with 1834 viewsA40Bosh

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 21:57 - Feb 15 by A40Bosh

Amen Brother, Amen!

Just realised after tonight’s game that the book the Mrs got me for Valentine’s Day on Tibetan Meditation is working fxxkin wonders already. One day of 10 mins mindfulness practice and I’m so chill about get battered.

Last week I would have been throwing furniture at the walls.

We Are Still In Fourth Place. on 22:35 - Feb 15 with 1801 viewssteveo04

The issue here is that teams now know to flood the midfield 3 to two and we struggle , also look at Middlesbrough pushed our wing back back and that our outlet gone .

I also think Adomah and Wallace are also struggling as wing back is also a major problem , it a tough job for two 34 to do week in week out .

I go 433 now dickie out solid bsvk 4 field protecting back 4 Amos and stef slightly forward and I think we see a better performance
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 22:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024