Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanderson 16:03 - Feb 20 with 2845 viewsLogman

I hope there is more to come from our latest addition to the back three (especially with De Wjis out on loan and Dickie suspended v Blackpool).

I'm sure I remember MW saying that he was accomplished at bringing the ball out but I am yet to see that. Every time he got the ball yesterday he seemed to go back to Dunne.

For a big lad he he didn't impose himself on Hull's left side attacker.

But the same goes for Amos and Dozzell and Bettache when they are playing.

They need to be taught to go past a player otherwise they are of limited use, I'm afraid.
Sanderson on 17:53 - Feb 20 with 2660 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I didn't really have any complaints. Looks fit and able to me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Sanderson on 18:57 - Feb 20 with 2573 viewsT_Block

Yes would make a great addition.

Agree ,that with cover behind him he needs to be braver.Note WHEN COVER IS BEHIND HIM.

Go back and check when match is on official site and you can see he had to be careful most of the time.
Sanderson on 19:05 - Feb 20 with 2526 viewsQPROslo

I thought he was excellent. Solid, good positioning some good passing and got forward a bit when he could, and what we don't have so much of in the back 3, pace. Love the way he got over to the left hand side of the box and guided that Hull attacker out of danger at the end.
Sanderson on 21:01 - Feb 20 with 2367 viewsstevec

He’s clearly got pace, thought he could have used it more.

Was a little put off by his showboating diagonals in a bloody strong wind.
Sanderson on 21:20 - Feb 20 with 2295 viewsM40R

Maybe it was the wind but I noticed that his heading was not a strength, at least early on. He tended to send it back high but not far. Also got caught under one which flicked off his head for the corner leading to the goal. But looked good on the ground, apart from the already remarked on hesitancy about bringing it out.
Sanderson on 21:31 - Feb 20 with 2259 viewsPBLOCK

I thought he was certainly one of our better performers

But of pace, strong and decent in the tackle

The bit about going back to Dunne I think was more to do with the movement in front of him as opposed to not wanting to be positive

I like him and think he will have a part to play for the rest of the season
Sanderson on 22:03 - Feb 20 with 2165 viewsPhilmyRs

Sanderson on 21:20 - Feb 20 by M40R

Maybe it was the wind but I noticed that his heading was not a strength, at least early on. He tended to send it back high but not far. Also got caught under one which flicked off his head for the corner leading to the goal. But looked good on the ground, apart from the already remarked on hesitancy about bringing it out.

Good point, noticed that too with his heading. Also think it was partly nerves at making his first league start, especially at home. Saw enough to say he looked decent. That recovery pace, something we don’t have in our first choice defence, is definitely useful to have.
Sanderson on 22:28 - Feb 20 with 2086 viewsNorthernr

Heading was all over the show yesterday. Their goal came first of all from him calling Amos out of the way on halfway, then misdirecting his header out for a throw. Slow to get back in position then back headers a routine ball out for a corner from which they score.
Login to get fewer ads

Sanderson on 16:12 - Feb 21 with 1830 viewsMyke

Sanderson on 22:28 - Feb 20 by Northernr

Heading was all over the show yesterday. Their goal came first of all from him calling Amos out of the way on halfway, then misdirecting his header out for a throw. Slow to get back in position then back headers a routine ball out for a corner from which they score.

In fairness, probably harder to judge the flight of the ball in high wind. Plus making his full league debut, probably a bit nervous, not to mention filling in for a very popular player - lovely hair though!
Sanderson on 16:21 - Feb 21 with 1807 viewsdannyblue

Sanderson on 22:28 - Feb 20 by Northernr

was joining the thread to say this - two mistakes to concede the corner for the goal.

Passing was crisp though, think he'll be good.
Sanderson on 16:45 - Feb 21 with 1742 viewsCroydonCaptJack

One of our better players I thought.
Sanderson on 17:27 - Feb 21 with 1662 viewsterryb

Certainly had some faults for the goal, including being beaten in the air direct from the corner. However, it is impossible for a defender to win every ball.

Where he was very good, was near the end of the match when he was the last man & ushered the opponent wide & clear of danger.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024