Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong out on loan again 16:11 - Apr 11 with 3168 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-news/sinclair-armstrong-joins-aldershot-on-

Shame. With the season unravelling I was hoping he might get a run out in the first team
Armstrong out on loan again on 16:13 - Apr 11 with 3108 viewsdaveB

let him go and play and develop with less pressure on him then have a look at him in pre season.
Armstrong out on loan again on 08:15 - Apr 12 with 2507 viewsconnell10

Armstrong out on loan again on 16:13 - Apr 11 by daveB

let him go and play and develop with less pressure on him then have a look at him in pre season.

How many games they got left ...5 or something? Seems pointless to me , he should have been loaned out in jan!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Armstrong out on loan again on 09:12 - Apr 12 with 2437 viewsFrankRightguard

Wasn’t he injured in January hence why he wasn’t involved the the FA Cup. He’s also been injured recently hence he delay in this loan. Five games at a decent standard is better than a potential bit part role for us surely.
Armstrong out on loan again on 10:07 - Apr 12 with 2342 viewsfrancisbowles

Armstrong out on loan again on 09:12 - Apr 12 by FrankRightguard

Wasn’t he injured in January hence why he wasn’t involved the the FA Cup. He’s also been injured recently hence he delay in this loan. Five games at a decent standard is better than a potential bit part role for us surely.

I seem to remember he was an unused sub for the 3rd round and picked up an injury shortly after. There were seven allowed on the bench.
Armstrong out on loan again on 11:02 - Apr 12 with 2270 viewsdaveB

Armstrong out on loan again on 08:15 - Apr 12 by connell10

How many games they got left ...5 or something? Seems pointless to me , he should have been loaned out in jan!

They did try but as others have said he was injured
Armstrong out on loan again on 13:57 - Apr 12 with 2087 viewsconnell10

Armstrong out on loan again on 11:02 - Apr 12 by daveB

They did try but as others have said he was injured

Oh OK makes sense then!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Armstrong out on loan again on 16:09 - Apr 12 with 1971 viewsaston_hoop

Deal was done a few weeks back on National League deadline day but never announced because Sinclair got injured. Announced it now as they think they can get him fit and playing, plus they really need striking options apparently

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Armstrong out on loan again on 17:35 - Apr 12 with 1886 viewsNorrisGreen

Armstrong out on loan again on 09:12 - Apr 12 by FrankRightguard

Dont agree. Would rather see him getting a run out at KPF in an upcoming meaningless game. What else are we looking forwards to in remaining fixtures - a cameo from Jeff Hendrick maybe?
Imagine he put in a bullocking riproaring 45 mins for us... would give us all a much needed shot of enthusiasm for the future. If he were a damp squib well so what? He's just a kid.
Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong out on loan again on 17:43 - Apr 12 with 1868 viewsdmm

Armstrong out on loan again on 17:35 - Apr 12 by NorrisGreen

Dont agree. Would rather see him getting a run out at KPF in an upcoming meaningless game. What else are we looking forwards to in remaining fixtures - a cameo from Jeff Hendrick maybe?
Imagine he put in a bullocking riproaring 45 mins for us... would give us all a much needed shot of enthusiasm for the future. If he were a damp squib well so what? He's just a kid.

As Warburton has indicated on more than on occasion, Armstrong is not yet ready for Championship football. That's why he's on loan out to a National League side. Teams in higher leagues are not interested so why would we play him?
Armstrong out on loan again on 18:26 - Apr 12 with 1816 viewsnumptydumpty

Tbh if it was me - not that I really know like rest of us - but can't see why not give the boy experience of Championship level games.

Mahoney - I know was a necessity - but he did well and what an experience for him.

Only reason could see not, Warburton for some strange reason, not given up completely on play offs.

But with our strikers all underperforming and end season games why not give the boy a chance.

Duke mckenna and Bettache did ok as did Masterson, they have given him lower league try outs and seen as now it's only 5 games give the lad a shot at it.

If he had couple decent games, be a massive confidence for him going forwards and even if he not in the games, still a great learning experience when tbh we have nothing to play for.

Am assuming since he was injured, maybe the deal was already decided so perhaps hands were tied.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Armstrong out on loan again on 18:34 - Apr 12 with 1788 viewsQPR_Jim

Think it's a good move, if he gets a few goals or plays well when scouts are watching he might get some interest for a loan at a higher level next season. Wouldn't get that if he was on the bench here or getting little change out of a much better opposition.
Armstrong out on loan again on 19:26 - Apr 12 with 1702 viewseghamranger

Armstrong out on loan again on 17:35 - Apr 12 by NorrisGreen

If he was a damp squid he wouldn’t be alone in the next few games I dare say.

But would love it if he decent!!
Armstrong out on loan again on 08:20 - Apr 13 with 1465 viewsTheChef

Armstrong out on loan again on 19:26 - Apr 12 by eghamranger

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, damp squid.......

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Armstrong out on loan again on 09:22 - Apr 13 with 1407 viewsMyke

Armstrong out on loan again on 19:26 - Apr 12 by eghamranger

Okay, so it's a damp SQUIB not a damp SQUID. The term means a let down or disappointment. A squib is a small firework and if it was damp it probably wouldn't light properly and just fizzle out = disappointment.
A squid, on the other hand, is a sea mammal and is therefore meant to be quite thoroughly wet. The only scenario when a damp squid could be a source of disappointment would be to the squid itself, as, if if is only damp, it is probably drying out and heading for the frying pan.
Armstrong out on loan again on 14:40 - Apr 13 with 1239 viewsdmm

Armstrong out on loan again on 09:22 - Apr 13 by Myke

Okay, so it's a damp SQUIB not a damp SQUID. The term means a let down or disappointment. A squib is a small firework and if it was damp it probably wouldn't light properly and just fizzle out = disappointment.
A squid, on the other hand, is a sea mammal and is therefore meant to be quite thoroughly wet. The only scenario when a damp squid could be a source of disappointment would be to the squid itself, as, if if is only damp, it is probably drying out and heading for the frying pan.

Without wishing to be pedantic, a squid is not a mammal - sea or otherwise. It is a cephalopod.
Armstrong out on loan again on 14:51 - Apr 13 with 1198 viewsaston_hoop

Armstrong out on loan again on 09:22 - Apr 13 by Myke

As a fan of crispy crunchy calamari, I would find that being damp rather than crispy a real source of disappointment too. I will see it from that perspective, a real damp squid

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Armstrong out on loan again on 14:53 - Apr 13 with 1184 viewsrobith

If the club think the level he needs is 3 divisions below us, playing him in the championship seems a pretty foolish idea, but go off everyone i guess
Armstrong out on loan again on 14:55 - Apr 13 with 1182 viewsDannytheR

I'm just not sure about eating squid anymore. While not as intelligent as octopuses, they are supposed to be mentally on a par with dogs, which I've increasingly found an uneasy thought while, as Ray Winstone would put it, having the calamari.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024