Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City 11:29 - Jul 8 with 4294 viewsDWQPR

Just listened to an 'interview' on Talksport with this lunatic, who is supposedly taking over Birmingham. Can't be bothered to find the Talksport link but the interview starts just after 11am and is a fantastic bit of radio. Worth the listen if only to realise that most of us have a long way to go before reaching insanity.

Been on the Birmingham forum and it seems that to a man they are thrilled with Bassini taking over the club.

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,3225287,page=1

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 12:41 - Jul 8 with 4040 viewsaston_hoop

Leading them to the Championship title apparently. They're screwed aren't they, poor John Eustace. At least Eustace is a Villa fan so might enjoy it

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 12:45 - Jul 8 with 4027 viewsNorthernr

They’re fcked.
Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 12:48 - Jul 8 with 4005 viewsswitchingcode

Unbelievable that this fool is allowed so much air time on national radio even though it’s Talkshite.
Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 13:00 - Jul 8 with 3929 viewsloftboy

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 12:48 - Jul 8 by switchingcode

Unbelievable that this fool is allowed so much air time on national radio even though it’s Talkshite.

That applies to the majority of their presenters let alone guests

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 13:12 - Jul 8 with 3878 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 13:00 - Jul 8 by loftboy

That applies to the majority of their presenters let alone guests

12 mins of my life I’ll never get back

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 13:23 - Jul 8 with 3823 viewsKonk

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 13:12 - Jul 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

12 mins of my life I’ll never get back

I know Blues have some right ar seholes supporting them, but my wife's from the area, and I've met loads of really sound Blues fans over the years. They are genuinely cursed in terms of ownership - I first went to St Andrews in the mid-80's and they were campaigning for the owners to go, and nothings changed. The Golds and Sullivan were about as good as it got and they weren't popular. They seem to go from bad to worse. Going to a barbecue in Brum next week, which will be mainly Blues - saw a few of them recently, and depressed doesn't begin to describe how they feel about their club at the moment.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 13:29 - Jul 8 with 3794 viewsLazyFan

He won't be taking over, it's all PR noise to get his name in the papers.

It's like that Yank who wanted Derby. Gets your name in the papers and then later on in 3 months' time, you can do some deals in the UK for your real Business interests.

You see deals is about, do we think you have the money?

A few articles around the web that will be lightweight on critique and won't mention all this, just that he intended to buy a UK club to make you look like you do have lots of money and are a serious business person. From this, you can do some deals that may have been closed to you before on the pretence you have all this money.

This sort of PR can cost millions or much cheaper wise, you can pretend to buy a football club do a few interviews make some wild statements so it gets reported and then mainstream press (BBC Sport) will water it down to just wanting to buy and when you redact yourself from the process, you have lots of free PR for those all-important Business deals much later on when everyone has forgotten your maddness.

As MR T would say ... Sucker Move!

zzzzzzzzzz

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 14:56 - Jul 8 with 3579 viewsMrSheen

Still baffled that the lower tier of a stand is considered unsafe, but the top tier is fine!
Login to get fewer ads

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 15:12 - Jul 8 with 3531 viewsTheChef

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 13:23 - Jul 8 by Konk

I know Blues have some right ar seholes supporting them, but my wife's from the area, and I've met loads of really sound Blues fans over the years. They are genuinely cursed in terms of ownership - I first went to St Andrews in the mid-80's and they were campaigning for the owners to go, and nothings changed. The Golds and Sullivan were about as good as it got and they weren't popular. They seem to go from bad to worse. Going to a barbecue in Brum next week, which will be mainly Blues - saw a few of them recently, and depressed doesn't begin to describe how they feel about their club at the moment.

Yeah I have mixed feelings about them as a club - some real scummy fans but a 'proper' club with a 'proper' ground. And one of the loveliest badges in football.

Anyway doesn't St Andrews have a gipsy curse put on it?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 16:10 - Jul 8 with 3415 viewsKensal_Ranger

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 14:56 - Jul 8 by MrSheen

Still baffled that the lower tier of a stand is considered unsafe, but the top tier is fine!

Risk of top tier dropping into lower tier maybe?
Apologies if in poor taste, must be the weather 😳
Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 16:13 - Jul 8 with 3398 viewsbosh67

Blimey he obviously went to the Ronnie Corbett school of short stories! I think Danny Murphy almost topped himself halfway through.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 16:17 - Jul 8 with 3371 viewsDWQPR

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 14:56 - Jul 8 by MrSheen

The lower tier is dug into a natural embankment with the upper tier bolted on top. I understand that the lower tier is for some reason suffering from subsidence, whereas the upper tier I assume was constructed using deep piles.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 22:05 - Jul 8 with 3119 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 08:41 - Jul 9 with 2875 viewsDorse

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 22:05 - Jul 8 by aston_hoop

That is astonishing. Genuinely too stupid for satire.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 23:40 - Jul 9 with 2574 viewsNewBee

OP: "Been on the Birmingham forum and it seems that to a man they are thrilled with Bassini taking over the club."

They must still be getting their mains water from the original Roman lead pipes.

(That's from a standpipe at the end of the street btw)
Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 02:43 - Jul 10 with 2426 viewsLblock

I won’t post up the link for obvious reasons but looks like Bassini likes to “enjoy himself” on trips to Thailand. It was a Twitter forward so may not be him but certainly looks it.

I certainly preferred David Bulstrode’s approach all those years ago, his chicks had no extras!!!

The whole scenario is embarrassing and concerning for Brum fans.
What a shame!!!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 19:01 - Jul 10 with 1872 viewslondonscottish

Laurence Bassini/Birmingham City on 22:05 - Jul 8 by aston_hoop

Feck me! You couldn't make this stuff up.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024