Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hello 10:44 - Dec 22 with 2028 viewsloftusranger

Long-time lurker. Hello.
As one of the sweepstake winners I felt I should introduce myself.

I became a QPR supporter in 1976. Why, not sure. Probably it was too easy to pick Liverpool. My brother is a mad Watford fan so not sure why I didn’t follow him either. I guess I just wanted something different.

First player I remember really liking was Jonny Byrne but really the first star was Sir Les. I spent a few seasons standing in the Lower Loft watching him tearing up the top division. Just power and pace combined that I had never seen before. Had a season ticket for a few seasons and went on a few away days on the LSA coaches. Maine Road on a cold Tuesday night for a 0-0 in the League Cup not a highlight, but a 1-0 win at Coventry that put us top of the Premier League was special.

Another player that made an impression around that time was Devon White. Not necessarily one that springs to mind but he did things differently. A law unto himself. He made the easy things look really hard, but there would be moments of brilliance. He was able to use his arse or his elbow to get stuff done. Hated it when he started as 90 minutes was far too long for him to be on the football pitch but those 15-20 minute cameos were exciting and I still remember them (apparently fondly)!

After the season ticket went (due to mortgage/marriage/children) I always have tried to visit at least 2-3 times a season. Enjoyed/endured both playoff trips. Bobby Zamora, nuff said. Also remember Andy Thomson at the Millennium Stadium…....Was able to take my wife to one and my daughter to the other so trying to add to the fan base. More success getting my daughter back to W12 however and we try and do the 2-3 visits together (her going to Uni may change that).

Didn’t like the Redknapp, Hughes, Premiership money seasons when QPR didn’t really do very well on all levels. We are QPR. We have always had players with limited ability but they used to give 100%, the Premier league bought us into the realm of players playing for money. Started to lose interest at the time when we should have been top of the world….

So now we are back being QPR. Not that I like us being skint but we know where are, trying to compete with limited resources and we are doing ok. We can be a joy to watch, and the anticipation is still there that we can produce good successful football at this level. Am looking forward to the rest of this season as when fit, we can match anybody. Confidence seems to be everything though with this squad.

Apologises for the ramble. If you are still reading.... Merry Christmas to you all. I hope you all can have a good time in whatever shape or form it takes, and good luck for 2023.

Oh, and a nice strong cheddar should you be wondering.
Hello on 10:51 - Dec 22 with 1966 viewswestberksr

Welcome aboard

A very balanced and similar sounding QPR history to a lot of us in terms of the love of the club & the relative owners/eras. The shared emotional roller coaster of the supporter of a shite to middling medium sized football club run by various asylum escapees!

Steady fromage choice too
Hello on 11:00 - Dec 22 with 1934 viewsPunteR

Hello mate.!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hello on 11:06 - Dec 22 with 1911 viewssupahoopsa

Welcome fellow winner :-)

Excellent choice of cheee

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Hello on 12:27 - Dec 22 with 1688 viewsnix

Welcome.

Agree with you about Redknapp and Hughes. Definitely enjoyed being in the lower division with Olly more than the Prem with those two charlatans!
Hello on 12:32 - Dec 22 with 1668 viewsQPRSteve

Merry Xmas loftusranger.

I'm another one who has fond memories of Devon White. Always liked a battler.
Hello on 13:16 - Dec 22 with 1580 viewshantssi

Hello on 12:27 - Dec 22 by nix

Welcome.

Agree with you about Redknapp and Hughes. Definitely enjoyed being in the lower division with Olly more than the Prem with those two charlatans!

I LOVED the Olly years in the third tier, there was a real togetherness about the squad and fans.
Perhaps some of my fondest memories and I was there in 76!
Hello on 13:52 - Dec 22 with 1491 viewsSuperhoop83

Great first post.

Here's a reminder of Devon White (and QPR) at his best.

Suffering since 1978.

Hello on 13:57 - Dec 22 with 1479 viewscolinallcars

Welcome old chap. We're all teetotallers on this board, so I hope you don't drink before the match.
Login to get fewer ads

Hello on 14:15 - Dec 22 with 1417 viewsR_from_afar

Welcome to the madhouse, LoftusRanger. Thanks for that interesting background, that brought back some memories.

Anyway, you've come to the right place if you need a new kitchen or are in the market for cut price Millwall FC merchandise

Some cheese news just in:
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/nutrition/the-cheese-that-could-help-reduce-blo

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Hello on 14:28 - Dec 22 with 1389 viewsnumptydumpty

Welcome to the world of posting LoftusRanger.

There seem to be multiple lurkers on here and many times over the world of active posters.

I enjoy putting in my extremely amateur nonsense and hope you will too, if you get involved in the odd topic or two !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Hello on 14:32 - Dec 22 with 1366 viewsNorthernr

Aw that’s nice. Really hope your prize shows up now 😂
Hello on 15:19 - Dec 22 with 1295 viewsTacticalR

Welcome loftusranger.

Air hostess clique

Hello on 15:31 - Dec 22 with 1269 viewsMoonshineSteve

Hello.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Hello on 15:35 - Dec 22 with 1263 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Welcome aboard, loftusranger.

Great opening post!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hello on 16:59 - Dec 22 with 1139 viewsHayesender

Great memories of Devon White scoring the equaliser in a 1-1 draw at Portman Road one night.

The next season we got to Ipswich early doors, and on our way to the pub in the morning we walked past the ground, only to find a gate at the side wide open.

Que 6 or 7 slightly merry QPR fans running on to the pitch trying to recreate the goal from the previous season, with some irate bloke shouting at us over the tannoy to "get off the bloody pitch" 😀

Welcome by the way

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024