Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derry sacked 18:49 - Feb 4 with 4220 viewspaulhoop2

Palace have parted ways with Shaun Derry after a clash of personalities with viera by all accounts…. Queue the links with rangers now it the poor run continues lol

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Derry sacked on 19:25 - Feb 4 with 4039 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A new manager will definitely solve the situation, it always does.
Derry sacked on 19:48 - Feb 4 with 3955 viewsManinBlack

The fact is we are not very good and whoever takes on our rabble will struggle. Critchley has one measly win since taking over but new managers don't tend to make much difference to our fortunes.

By comparison West Brom and Middlesbrough brought in new managers and both Corberan and Carrick have won 10 games each. They have totally transformed their teams but maybe they have better players, who are fitter, want to be at those clubs, get paid more and have good mental attitudes. If our players lack these characteristics then any new manager will struggle with us.
Derry sacked on 23:44 - Feb 4 with 3577 viewsAntti_Heinola

Derry sacked on 19:48 - Feb 4 by ManinBlack

The fact is we are not very good and whoever takes on our rabble will struggle. Critchley has one measly win since taking over but new managers don't tend to make much difference to our fortunes.

By comparison West Brom and Middlesbrough brought in new managers and both Corberan and Carrick have won 10 games each. They have totally transformed their teams but maybe they have better players, who are fitter, want to be at those clubs, get paid more and have good mental attitudes. If our players lack these characteristics then any new manager will struggle with us.

I think in the case of West Brom you had a squad full of decent players managed by a dinosaur. It's not really comparable.

Bare bones.

Derry sacked on 00:02 - Feb 5 with 3533 viewsdixiedean

He’d improve our midfield.
Derry sacked on 11:16 - Feb 5 with 3110 viewseghamranger

Derry sacked on 00:02 - Feb 5 by dixiedean

He’d improve our midfield.

He would improve our management!!

Have him back in a heartbeat. Old school and would kick arse and make the players know what playing for the badge actually means.

So many players these days get paid vast amounts of money and they don’t give a to..
Derry sacked on 11:41 - Feb 5 with 3041 viewsEsox_Lucius

Derry sacked on 11:16 - Feb 5 by eghamranger

Have him back in a heartbeat. Old school and would kick arse and make the players know what playing for the badge actually means.

So many players these days get paid vast amounts of money and they don’t give a to..

Ask yourself why the club were so quick to get rid of him & Mackie whilst appointing Clint Hill as presser spokesman? All during a period where the dressing room morale was so low you had players refusing to talk to, or pass to one another.

The grass is always greener.

Derry sacked on 11:45 - Feb 5 with 3027 viewsDejR_vu

This is 2023. A bollocking might, might, work once or twice, then they’ll just sulk. This is a Societal problem, not just football. We have a generation where there’s always some one else to blame for everything, so no one has to take responsibility. If you need to tell someone to grow a pair, they will never grow a pair. What we need is a couple of players who have something about them. No amount of screaming at people who are spineless us going to make them grow a spine. They either have one or they don’t. We need to find a couple who do.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Derry sacked on 11:50 - Feb 5 with 3013 viewscollegeranger

Derry sacked on 11:45 - Feb 5 by DejR_vu

This is 2023. A bollocking might, might, work once or twice, then they’ll just sulk. This is a Societal problem, not just football. We have a generation where there’s always some one else to blame for everything, so no one has to take responsibility. If you need to tell someone to grow a pair, they will never grow a pair. What we need is a couple of players who have something about them. No amount of screaming at people who are spineless us going to make them grow a spine. They either have one or they don’t. We need to find a couple who do.

Seemed to work yesterday at Goodison !
Login to get fewer ads

Derry sacked on 11:55 - Feb 5 with 2996 viewsDejR_vu

Derry sacked on 11:50 - Feb 5 by collegeranger

Seemed to work yesterday at Goodison !

I think you’re underestimating Sean Dyche if you think all he did was walk in to the training ground, shout at everyone, and leave.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Derry sacked on 12:22 - Feb 5 with 2926 viewsgolborne

Derry sacked on 23:44 - Feb 4 by Antti_Heinola

I think in the case of West Brom you had a squad full of decent players managed by a dinosaur. It's not really comparable.

We have a good squad, we’ve just had fairly long term injuries to a number of very key players. Over the past 3 months with JoJo fit, Willock fit and on song, Balogan marshalling the back line, and Amos involved we would be comfortably in the Top 6. Some people need to stop sulking (I too thought Top 6 should be a minimum for the past 2 seasons), and some should actually drag their arse over there, rather than complaining about the lack of investment from their sofas on a Saturday afternoon, cash in pocket.

Derry was a trier as a player, nothing more. File under Dom Ball. And has a poor record as a manager. Why am I even typing this bit…
Derry sacked on 14:53 - Feb 5 with 2699 viewscharmr

Anyone see Nathan Jones on match of the day. Lamenting how he hasn’t been himself in how he treats premier league players. Cant give them a bollocking is what he wants to do.

Seems it’s is all about perceptions. Watching the Leeds players on the bench against forest, feet up wrapped in their Leeds blankets. Cosseted footballers or keeping their muscles and body temperature appropriate.

A side note played and refereed at Goals in Watford a way back. Luton players would be playing in teams. They could strike a ball, were athletic, were arrogant, soccer iq lacking and a bunch of prima donnas.

Could not help thinking is this how some of the next generation of players is going to be about.
Derry sacked on 14:56 - Feb 5 with 2688 viewsterryb

Would he?

His record in management might indicate otherwise. He wasn't particulary sucessful at Notts County or Cambridge United & their supporters might say that he failed them.
Derry sacked on 20:15 - Feb 5 with 2389 viewsBoston

Derry sacked on 14:56 - Feb 5 by terryb

Would he?

His record in management might indicate otherwise. He wasn't particulary sucessful at Notts County or Cambridge United & their supporters might say that he failed them.

There were rumours of him going to Tranmere y'know.

Oh Derry, cross the Mersey.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Derry sacked on 20:23 - Feb 5 with 2363 viewsWhip_It

Derry sacked on 11:55 - Feb 5 by DejR_vu

I think you’re underestimating Sean Dyche if you think all he did was walk in to the training ground, shout at everyone, and leave.

Eats, shouts and leaves?
Derry sacked on 20:32 - Feb 5 with 2339 viewsaston_hoop

He was at the Gillingham game yesterday with Ben Watson. He's a massive Notts County fan so its a shame it didn't work out for him there, despite presumably him telling the players what it means to play for the shirt with him being a massive fan and legendary player, all that stuff that absolutely gets you promoted in 2023.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Derry sacked on 23:13 - Feb 5 with 2203 viewsBoston

Derry sacked on 11:41 - Feb 5 by Esox_Lucius

Ask yourself why the club were so quick to get rid of him & Mackie whilst appointing Clint Hill as presser spokesman? All during a period where the dressing room morale was so low you had players refusing to talk to, or pass to one another.

Wasn't it that there were two camps in the dressing room. Nothing was ever defined by anyone attached to the club, but it appeared to be (in the main), a British Bulldog type and the foreigners sort of scenario. Now I have no itk knowledge, never saw a poster say that this was so, but reading between the lines....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Derry sacked on 10:05 - Feb 6 with 1960 viewsEsox_Lucius

Derry sacked on 23:13 - Feb 5 by Boston

Wasn't it that there were two camps in the dressing room. Nothing was ever defined by anyone attached to the club, but it appeared to be (in the main), a British Bulldog type and the foreigners sort of scenario. Now I have no itk knowledge, never saw a poster say that this was so, but reading between the lines....

Yes, there was a group led by Barton who thought that intimidation was the way to get the rest to "give their all" and the group of recent signings who were appalled by what they saw a lack of control by the manager and unprofessional. There was one player who was carrying an injury at the time that received dogs abuse even though he was still playing as best he could. A keen fisherman.
This was told to me by our fitness coach at the time and one of our full backs confirmed it to me. I will not expand further in respect to Clive and the laws of libel but there are a few on here who know me and hopefully would confirm that I am not a bullsh!tter.

The grass is always greener.

Derry sacked on 11:58 - Feb 6 with 1817 viewsjohncharles

Derry and Viera clash of personalities ? Didn’t see that one coming 🤣🤣🤣 😇😇😇

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024