Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report 23:51 - Nov 26 with 5278 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61325
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 01:28 - Nov 27 with 4301 viewsLazyFan

Dykes has had all his chances. No more, he is too slow and not always up for it. Armstrong needs to start, as he's always up for it. Then we may have a chance. I would even start looking at Kolli as know Dykes cannot cut it.

Dozzell again proved that he could not keep up with the play and got badly exposed again. The tackle was proof of that. Ball, who cost everyone nothing, could keep up with the play and also play it simple as he knew his limitations. Dozzell is very talented, but he's always off the pace and, therefore never in the game.

EDB shows what a difference it makes if you keep up with the play, and EDB must start every game with Field now.

If Willock makes no impact, then he should be subbed for Smyth. And be told that's what will happen so he knows his place is under threat.

Willock should respond as he needs to look good for his Jan move. If he does not move in Jan and we decide to drop him from Feb onwards, that is bad news for any summer move he wants as he will get as low a contract as we are offering him. No doubt he would prefer a move to Watford than Bolton next season.

zzzzzzzzzz

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 04:57 - Nov 27 with 4175 viewsFDC

"queef" underused in football writing imo
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 08:38 - Nov 27 with 3748 viewsstevec

I wouldn’t put too much faith in having Glass-Salter back in the side. We’ve lost 6 of the 7 games he’s played and IMO is another one who’s more interested in positioning himself away from the fray, protecting himself from further injury woes, a la Willock. Or as least as much as being a centre back will allow you to do that.

I’d rather have Fox back, conversely a player involved in 8 of our 10 points and since he’s been out, a collective 2 points from 9 games.

I don’t want to go all Karl Henry on you but stats are stats.
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 08:45 - Nov 27 with 3746 viewsNorthernr

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 08:38 - Nov 27 by stevec

I wouldn’t put too much faith in having Glass-Salter back in the side. We’ve lost 6 of the 7 games he’s played and IMO is another one who’s more interested in positioning himself away from the fray, protecting himself from further injury woes, a la Willock. Or as least as much as being a centre back will allow you to do that.

I’d rather have Fox back, conversely a player involved in 8 of our 10 points and since he’s been out, a collective 2 points from 9 games.

It's a good point mate.
My JCS comments are based more in the fact that a left-sided, ball-playing centre half is absolute gold in a system and style like this. Shame we let a decent French one go on a free really.
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:09 - Nov 27 with 3621 viewsgazza1

I thought we played much, much better, much more enjoyable to watch....shame we got absolutely nobody to score goals. We deserved something from the game. Field should have scored at the end.

Jimmy Dunne, who I like, is not getting any better and therefore i would play JCS. Willock is doing better but still not doing enough. No comments about Dykes but if we turned down a bid of anything above £50 we need to be mad - we would of at least saved his wages every week (£10k per week??)

Harsh with the marks this week Norf - I thought that there were some good performances out there on Saturday.
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:11 - Nov 27 with 3629 viewsNorthantsHoop

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 08:45 - Nov 27 by Northernr

It's a good point mate.
My JCS comments are based more in the fact that a left-sided, ball-playing centre half is absolute gold in a system and style like this. Shame we let a decent French one go on a free really.

Oh for a player like Barbet , totally agree on all your 3 points Clive, the lack of pace in the team especially through the midfield is killing us as well as not having players up top who can sniff out goals. Dixon-Bonnar is starting to tick along nicely so promise is there, if only we could score goals.
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:12 - Nov 27 with 3623 viewsNorthernr

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:09 - Nov 27 by gazza1

I thought we played much, much better, much more enjoyable to watch....shame we got absolutely nobody to score goals. We deserved something from the game. Field should have scored at the end.

Jimmy Dunne, who I like, is not getting any better and therefore i would play JCS. Willock is doing better but still not doing enough. No comments about Dykes but if we turned down a bid of anything above £50 we need to be mad - we would of at least saved his wages every week (£10k per week??)

Harsh with the marks this week Norf - I thought that there were some good performances out there on Saturday.

Norwich are crap and we've lost 1-0, you don't get high marks for that.
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:30 - Nov 27 with 3539 viewsgazza1

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:12 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Norwich are crap and we've lost 1-0, you don't get high marks for that.

You even say that our performance was much better yet you give the players worse marks....harsh for sure.....nobody has a mark higher than a 6.

Paal was decent apart from a couple of corners, Chair done well, Cook was another player who was decent too. Yes, Norwich were not very good, perhaps because we were much better and competed far better.
Login to get fewer ads

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:36 - Nov 27 with 3510 viewsderbyhoop

The lack of goals is a long running problem. Other than Austin's 1st year of his second spell, we've been over reliant on loanees. Hugill, Wells, Gray, Lowe. And Chris Martin who moves slower than a glacier.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:44 - Nov 27 with 3474 viewsNorthernr

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:30 - Nov 27 by gazza1

You even say that our performance was much better yet you give the players worse marks....harsh for sure.....nobody has a mark higher than a 6.

Paal was decent apart from a couple of corners, Chair done well, Cook was another player who was decent too. Yes, Norwich were not very good, perhaps because we were much better and competed far better.

Yeh we are better, but we were absolutely fcking horrendous before. I was giving them 2s and 3s a couple of weeks ago.

If somebody punches you in the face 100 times in a minute, but then they slow down... is that good news or bad news?
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:51 - Nov 27 with 3447 viewsdaveB

I thought Dykes was better than he was in the last few games in the first half. his pressing was very good but the injury seemed to stop that press and no shock when he went off

Was having a think about the ratings as watching on the stream I thought we played quite well but probably wouldn't disagree it was a 5/6 performance from most of them, they all had good spells in the game but didn't push on to make it count.

Dunne has been a bit of a liability since coming back, need to get JCS back in who despite results was playing pretty well before the latest injury.
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:59 - Nov 27 with 3403 viewsQPunkR

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 08:38 - Nov 27 by stevec

In terms of Fox - when he's played he's repeatedly got caught under long balls precisely as Dunne was on Saturday. Unfortunately we only have one defender who knows what it means to defend and that's Cook. Anyone we put alongside him just gives him more work to do - can we clone him?

QPR - "shit but local"

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 10:02 - Nov 27 with 3380 viewsgazza1

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:44 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Yeh we are better, but we were absolutely fcking horrendous before. I was giving them 2s and 3s a couple of weeks ago.

If somebody punches you in the face 100 times in a minute, but then they slow down... is that good news or bad news?

& 4, 5 & 6 marks when we been proper bad.........not sure that we have played many decent teams, certainly no 'proper' teams. I understand that marking players is tough & personal but I was reasonably happy with the overall performance and the players performance's at Norwich where we loose frequently and Carrow is difficult place to play at.

All if's & but's but if Field scores late on and we walk out with a point then 'happy days' - 6's & 7's. I enjoyed my pint on Saturday which is something I haven't done for quite some time.

Cya tomorrow, onwards and upwards, 3 points.
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 10:26 - Nov 27 with 3272 viewsstevec

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 09:59 - Nov 27 by QPunkR

In terms of Fox - when he's played he's repeatedly got caught under long balls precisely as Dunne was on Saturday. Unfortunately we only have one defender who knows what it means to defend and that's Cook. Anyone we put alongside him just gives him more work to do - can we clone him?

Yes that was a problem but somewhat exacerbated at the time by Paal being pushed so far forward. Normal circumstances I’d say the LB would be providing better cover when Fox was dragged out.

No bells and whistles with Fox but he does seem generally focused throughout, something you’d expect from a pro footballer, but somewhat absent in much of this squad.
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 10:31 - Nov 27 with 3262 viewsNorthernr

Interactive ratings this weekend, which you guys do...

5.5 Asmir Begovic
5.9 Osman Kakay
6.4 Steve Cook
5.1 Jimmy Dunne
6.2 Kenneth Paal
5.8 Elijah Dixon-Bonner
5.8 Sam Field
5.4 Jack Colback
5.7 Chris Willock
4.1 Lyndon Dykes
6.1 Ilias Chair
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 10:34 - Nov 27 with 3248 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think we're at least headed in the right direction as you say Clive, and the players at least understand the plan, which is light years ahead of where we were.

However, survival looks unlikely already. The only way I can see it happening is through a series of fortunate events:

1. Between now and Jan we somehow pick up 2-3 wins, and build some confidence.

2. By some miracle we manage to offload someone, anyone, for £1m+ in early Jan, and, possibly combined with recent sponsorship, therefore manage to get a couple of forwards in, on loan, or whatever. Anyone who might score 8 goals between Jan and end of the season.

3. January is home month, cashing in our August away month. If 1 and 2 happen, and we can scrape some momentum there, we might have a chance.

Likelihood is still relegation though. I think Marti is a good manager, but I think we could have a really bad scenario where he almost keeps us up, we go down, and then he gets poached.

On the other hand, it's amazing what a couple of wins can do for a team and a goal or two can do for a player...

Bare bones.

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 10:37 - Nov 27 with 3222 viewsgazza1

No comment Norf!!!! Do you read this MB?
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 10:38 - Nov 27 with 3227 viewsParkRoyalR

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 10:02 - Nov 27 by gazza1

& 4, 5 & 6 marks when we been proper bad.........not sure that we have played many decent teams, certainly no 'proper' teams. I understand that marking players is tough & personal but I was reasonably happy with the overall performance and the players performance's at Norwich where we loose frequently and Carrow is difficult place to play at.

All if's & but's but if Field scores late on and we walk out with a point then 'happy days' - 6's & 7's. I enjoyed my pint on Saturday which is something I haven't done for quite some time.

Cya tomorrow, onwards and upwards, 3 points.

Regards the 3 negatives highlighted (goals, pace & our bench), its goals scored (or to be more exact, creating chances) that will see us relegated if we do not address it and quickly.

It took Jimmy Dunne of all people to create our only real chance, showing how to take control of the ball with your head up so you an immediately see who's on and play a simple first time pass (first time heh) to Field in a goal-scoring position. Colback made a similar run earlier but the pass never came (no name mentioned) and what should have been a goal-scoring opportunity was wasted.

That pass does'nt make up for Dunne's mistake in getting caught full square on (reminiscent of Leistner / Onuho at their worst) but our lack of pressing for that goal was hopefully a one-off as playing a high-line and not pressing the opposition is car-crash stuff.

Cook & Clarke-Salter could be an interesting game of pass-the-parcel to watch out for if JCS is fit to play, as for all their vaunted ball playing skills, yet to see either really put their hand up and show the courage to be the man to step up with the ball. Easy to do in training games, but takes more courage to do on match-day.
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 11:02 - Nov 27 with 3133 viewsgazza1

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 10:38 - Nov 27 by ParkRoyalR

Regards the 3 negatives highlighted (goals, pace & our bench), its goals scored (or to be more exact, creating chances) that will see us relegated if we do not address it and quickly.

It took Jimmy Dunne of all people to create our only real chance, showing how to take control of the ball with your head up so you an immediately see who's on and play a simple first time pass (first time heh) to Field in a goal-scoring position. Colback made a similar run earlier but the pass never came (no name mentioned) and what should have been a goal-scoring opportunity was wasted.

That pass does'nt make up for Dunne's mistake in getting caught full square on (reminiscent of Leistner / Onuho at their worst) but our lack of pressing for that goal was hopefully a one-off as playing a high-line and not pressing the opposition is car-crash stuff.

Cook & Clarke-Salter could be an interesting game of pass-the-parcel to watch out for if JCS is fit to play, as for all their vaunted ball playing skills, yet to see either really put their hand up and show the courage to be the man to step up with the ball. Easy to do in training games, but takes more courage to do on match-day.

He was full square and ball watching.....bad error from Dunne. Should we have been putting pressure on the passer of the ball - perhaps. The forward did take the opportunity very well though.

I watched the 1st team train last Monday at Heston and the two CB's were JCS & Cook with Paal & Kakay playing wide.....so I was shocked that Dunne played. Think Dunne may be benched tomorrow. Very interesting what the Manager is doing.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 11:04]
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 11:52 - Nov 27 with 2936 viewsstevec

You wonder how Dunnes head is, knowing that JCS is in front of you, yet on stand by literally until minutes before the team sheet is announced waiting to see if JCS fancies it this particular week.
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 12:11 - Nov 27 with 2882 viewsterryb

Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 10:31 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Interactive ratings this weekend, which you guys do...

5.5 Asmir Begovic
5.9 Osman Kakay
6.4 Steve Cook
5.1 Jimmy Dunne
6.2 Kenneth Paal
5.8 Elijah Dixon-Bonner
5.8 Sam Field
5.4 Jack Colback
5.7 Chris Willock
4.1 Lyndon Dykes
6.1 Ilias Chair

I certainly had my ratings in this vicinity. I wanted to go higher, but felt that the lack of scoring chances had too be reflected. I even reduced Sam Field a point simply for his miss!

The only rating that surprises me is Steve Cook! Perhaps I'm being too critical of his distribution (Dunne's was better), but his balls up near the end of the match, when Norwich should have scored a second, was the worst piece of defending from either side. Karl Ready & Bob Malcolm would have been proud of it!

Away from the ratings, we were definitely the better team, but I can only recall a Dykes header from a corner & the Field miss that we threatened the goal. It does show how bad we've been though, that the crowd stayed with the team throughout the match & even afterwards.

We could have done with a crowded January & February fixture list rather than December!
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 12:29]
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 12:34 - Nov 27 with 2799 viewsHunterhoop

We all know the problem.

Dykes has had a lot of chances in the first team now. Is he any better than when he arrived? Is he going to score enough goals to keep us up?

Armstrong has not had the number of opportunities Dykes has had. However, he’s had a reasonable number and he’s scored one goal. He does have pace though. That forces the opposition to defend deeper which will create a little more space for Chair and Willock.

So, for now, I’d start Armstrong.

However, in the coming weeks we might need to be creative and try Smyth up there too, perhaps Kolli in a false 9, if fit.

One thing I do think is a problem is Chair on the left always cutting in. It let’s the defence all get goal side and positioned making it harder for the forward to find space or get on the end of a cross. Options are okay Chair in central midfield, play him on the right, so he stays on the outside a little more to stretch the pitch, or you have to ensure your FBs are bombing on on the overlap to maintain some width and to help us get around the back and to the byline.

The alternative is Smyth instead of Willock or Chair so you have pace on the outside out wide.
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 12:35 - Nov 27 with 2794 viewsmart_Goblin

Good report Clive and agree with almost every word , especially the very very last line about people’s patience running thin with MC quicker than you might think .
It’s just imperative that the fans stick with him goals or no goals , relegation or no relegation.
We can all see he is doing his bit .
Getting goals out of Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman is less likely than a gummer from
the pope.
I thought Saturday was an improvement again but the problems are there for all to see as Clive as already explained. Was encouraged but the more encouraged I get, the more frustrated I am when it’s another loss or more points dropped. So annoyed at 5pm on Saturday because the platform is there …just do your bloody jobs!!!
And it’s with this bunch that I’m starting to get completely fed up with once again.

But…unlike 3 or 4 weeks ago , I really want to go tomorrow . That alone is a big step forward personally .
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 13:47 - Nov 27 with 2512 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I don't see survival as mission impossible like so many on here. We've simply got to finish above three teams, one of whom is potentially the worst Championship side for a number of seasons.

As for the player marks, if you lose 1-0 and don't create much, then I'd hardly be expecting eights across the board.

I'll probably be more pessimistic if we don't start picking some points up soon, but with our next three home games winnable (in theory) and Wednesday away to come after that, we could be in a much better position come Christmas.
Cifuentes influence undermined by familiar failings - Report on 14:04 - Nov 27 with 2464 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very good report, Clive. Thanks as ever.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024