Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Tweets 06:33 - Feb 21 with 13957 viewsPinnerR

Tony Fernandes ‏@tonyfernandes 4h
It's a big few weeks for QPR. Time for Harry and the boys to stand up and be counted. As owners we have done all that was asked.
Tony Tweets on 06:35 - Feb 21 with 7099 viewsWatford_Ranger

As owners they've done considerably more than was asked. Fernandes is blameless for me if we don't go up.
Tony Tweets on 07:23 - Feb 21 with 7002 viewshoopdog

Tony Tweets on 06:35 - Feb 21 by Watford_Ranger

As owners they've done considerably more than was asked. Fernandes is blameless for me if we don't go up.

Hhmmmn
Wonder if there's more to it
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 7:26]
Tony Tweets on 07:28 - Feb 21 with 6985 viewsDevon_4_England

I say bring it the fu€k on. This season has been far from a disaster and we need to win tomorrow and go on a run.

Yes it's been pragmatic and dull at times but 3rd in the league at the end of Feb was more than we could have hoped for as we started against Wednesday back in August.

The team need to show some fuc€ing bollocks and some bloody passion to want to win and start fighting back instead of bitching as they did against Reading if we go a goal down on Saturday.

Come on Rangers
Tony Tweets on 07:35 - Feb 21 with 6964 viewsLblock

By my nature I always read between the lines

Interesting one that.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Tony Tweets on 07:42 - Feb 21 with 6941 viewshoopdog

Show some of this yoo c-- ---ts
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 7:49]
Tony Tweets on 07:43 - Feb 21 with 6939 viewsHooparoo

Tony Tweets on 07:35 - Feb 21 by Lblock

Interesting one that.

I agree. Reads like a warning to me. Hope this doesn't signal trouble in the camp. I suspect it does.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Tony Tweets on 07:47 - Feb 21 with 6929 viewsdanehoop

That tweet certainly reads a number of ways. I am hoping it is meant as one of encouragement, but like others have noted, there could be a little note of frustration in that one.

Never knowingly understood

Tony Tweets on 07:59 - Feb 21 with 6888 viewsPinnerR

Tony Tweets on 07:43 - Feb 21 by Hooparoo

I agree. Reads like a warning to me. Hope this doesn't signal trouble in the camp. I suspect it does.

My thoughts entirely, which is why I posted it.
Login to get fewer ads

Tony Tweets on 08:06 - Feb 21 with 6853 viewsDiscodroid

Tony Tweets on 07:35 - Feb 21 by Lblock

Interesting one that.

this ^^^

interesting, very interesting .

reads to me "we've done our bit, over to you"

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Tony Tweets on 08:16 - Feb 21 with 6825 viewsDejR_vu

Maybe a realisation around comments about pants being pulled down

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Tony Tweets on 08:21 - Feb 21 with 6810 viewsBerkoRanger

mmmmm indeed!

Losing patience, possibly?
Tony Tweets on 08:24 - Feb 21 with 6800 viewshoopdog

Tony Tweets on 08:16 - Feb 21 by DejR_vu

Maybe a realisation around comments about pants being pulled down

If I'm reading your post right your'e wrong H has done everything he could to to get costs down
I would expect all Hs signings are on far less than mega Hughs dosh and just as good players
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 8:27]
Tony Tweets on 08:30 - Feb 21 with 6771 viewsdaveB

Tony Tweets on 08:24 - Feb 21 by hoopdog

If I'm reading your post right your'e wrong H has done everything he could to to get costs down
I would expect all Hs signings are on far less than mega Hughs dosh and just as good players

ha ha ha ha h ha getting costs down! Not a chance thats been one of Harrys aims and not a chance he's been asked to do that. The wage bill is a collective responsibility between the last few managers, the ceo and the owners.

Fernandes looks like he has gaged the mood of the fans quite well and put this ot to keep everyone behind him, I'm not sure this was the most sensible thing to say an hour before a Harry Redknapp press conference. He is right thought, a big few weeks ahead and time for players, manager and fans to stand up and be counted
Tony Tweets on 08:36 - Feb 21 with 6749 viewsJeff

Tony Tweets on 08:24 - Feb 21 by hoopdog

as neither a Redknapp apologist or critic, i've got mixed thoughts.

to manage to offload some of the deadwood as Harry has done is nothing short of incredible - and he has drastically reduced the wage bill in doing so, and therefore deserves a great deal of credit - i'm looking specifically at the likes of Granero, MBia, Park etc.

But, I cannot escape the feeling that despite all of his good work, we are still a little... ...underwhelming? at present, and with the squad at his disposal he should be doing a little better . You can rightly suggest that many players like Hoilett, Kranjaer and co have failed to deliver as expected, and Harry cannot be blamed for that, but there is a nagging doubt that Harry still doesn't know which players to pick for which position, doesn't scout his opposition properly and is therefore reduced to making drastic substitutions at half time, and, for all his good work in removing some of the crap, has filled it up again with one gratuitous signing after another, Chevanton, Oneyu, Bnnayoun are absolutely signings for the sake of signings, and having 8 loan players when you can only have 5 in a match day squad is verging on farcical...
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 8:36]

Can we not knock it?

Tony Tweets on 08:41 - Feb 21 with 6715 viewsHooparoo

Tony Tweets on 08:36 - Feb 21 by Jeff

to manage to offload some of the deadwood as Harry has done is nothing short of incredible - and he has drastically reduced the wage bill in doing so, and therefore deserves a great deal of credit - i'm looking specifically at the likes of Granero, MBia, Park etc.

But, I cannot escape the feeling that despite all of his good work, we are still a little... ...underwhelming? at present, and with the squad at his disposal he should be doing a little better . You can rightly suggest that many players like Hoilett, Kranjaer and co have failed to deliver as expected, and Harry cannot be blamed for that, but there is a nagging doubt that Harry still doesn't know which players to pick for which position, doesn't scout his opposition properly and is therefore reduced to making drastic substitutions at half time, and, for all his good work in removing some of the crap, has filled it up again with one gratuitous signing after another, Chevanton, Oneyu, Bnnayoun are absolutely signings for the sake of signings, and having 8 loan players when you can only have 5 in a match day squad is verging on farcical...

Wise words. If all us amateurs can see what needs changing then obviously TF is even more entitled to ask Harry "What the hell are you doing?"

Or he reads this message board.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Tony Tweets on 08:45 - Feb 21 with 6696 viewsqueensparker

Well, he can only be relentlessly positive for so long.

They all did a great job in the summer, put the squad back on an even keel, and then the owners agreed to Harry's requests to go out and get 10+ more players and we've arguably got worse.

Definitely time for a bit of stick instead of carrot.
Tony Tweets on 08:50 - Feb 21 with 6676 viewsJamie

Tony Tweets on 08:41 - Feb 21 by Hooparoo

Wise words. If all us amateurs can see what needs changing then obviously TF is even more entitled to ask Harry "What the hell are you doing?"

Or he reads this message board.

For someone as media hungry as TF, I'd be amazed if he didn't have someone reading the messageboards for him.
Tony Tweets on 08:58 - Feb 21 with 6642 viewshoopdog

Your'e right about the match play but I was answering the pant pulling down quip as you seem to agree that post was wrong
In reality the job here should have been a 3 year job but the owners understandably want it done asap as we all do making it far more difficult leaving very little time for mistakes that can always happen over a season
Tony Tweets on 09:11 - Feb 21 with 6601 viewsToast_R

Is he blameless though?

He sacked Neil Warnock and hired Hughes and Redknapp.
Tony Tweets on 09:12 - Feb 21 with 6599 viewsessextaxiboy

We have had some bad luck through injuries . If our rivals could take out 4 of our squad Faurlin , Simpson,Austin and Phillips would have been popular choices. The fans that have jumped on Redknapp early are the ones who dont really like him as a person anyway . The rest of us are just like TF we are behind him but our now saying " ok you have got us in contention lets see you finish the job " .
Tony Tweets on 09:14 - Feb 21 with 6591 viewsFDC

Jeff, why can't Redknapp be blamed for under-performing players? Isn't getting performances out of players precisely his job? Surely there's more to being a qpr manager than simply signing a load of players every window and hoping for the best? Aren't managers supposed to manage?
Tony Tweets on 09:14 - Feb 21 with 6592 viewsGloucs_R

Tony Tweets on 09:11 - Feb 21 by Toast_R

Is he blameless though?

He sacked Neil Warnock and hired Hughes and Redknapp.

Only blameless for this season. He has backed the manager fully IMO. Its now down to Harry and his back room team to sort it.

Interesting tweet though. To me there is a warning within it.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Tony Tweets on 09:15 - Feb 21 with 6582 viewsadhoc_qpr

Good tweet IMO.

Shows that although we are still in the promotion hunt, Fernandez is well aware of the badly deteriorating performances and realises our highly paid squad is under performing.

He surely can't help but notice what Burnley are doing on a shoestring and Derby via sensible loans (Maiga vs Bamford....) in comparison.
Tony Tweets on 09:51 - Feb 21 with 6480 viewsTheCommonHours

Jeff,

Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the BEST post I've seen forever on the forums, and I wholeheartedly agree.

Harry has been sorting out Hughes' mess, and before that probably, but...

... it has all been very underwhelming...

I hardly feel like we have played well all season.
Tony Tweets on 09:55 - Feb 21 with 6464 viewsQPR442

oh s##t cue the conspiracy theorists!!!

'what did Tony mean by that....eerm could want to sell up and scrap all the money and plans for new training ground/stadium which he will make money on'?
or
'That sounds bad'

He really is a media whore
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024