Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 21:21 - Feb 22 with 15451 viewsNorthernr

Ok, I'll have a stab at a "rational" just back post. Write this off if you like but here it is.

1 - I'm getting a little bit sick to the back teeth of the happy clappy brigade to be honest. It is ok to be negative, both at the games and on t'internet, about things that are actually negative without somehow devaluing your support of the club. I object to somebody turning round to me after we've conceded a last minute winner to the worst team in the division apart from Yeovil and objecting to me aiming a frustrated "fck off Redknapp" in the direction of the dugout and telling me "if you can't be positive then don't bother coming". Especially when said person is some spotty 18 year old oik who probably only started coming during the fcking Warnock year anyway.

2 - I sense, given that throughout this match, and Reading last Sunday, it was kicking off among QPR fans around the ground, that there is quite a lot of this "you're not a proper fan if you dare to say anything negative" bullsht going around. It was nasty in parts of the away end today. QPR fans kicking off with each other, Tom Carroll being singled out for wholly unfair personal abuse and then cheered off. Horrible place to be. We can talk about taking 3,200 fans down there, and it's a great effort that the team doesn't deserve, but if we're going to be like that it's nothing to be proud of.

3 - Injuries accepted, poor state of the pitch accepted, bad luck accepted everything else etc etc etc that Charlton side is dog toffee. It is fcking awful. The worst side in the division I've seen (missed Bolton home). The QPR side on paper is vastly superior even with the injuries - they'd take every one of our players today. Redknapp, the great man motivator, needs to take full responsibility. It's his team, mostly his players, assembled on the league's biggest budget, and it performs like that.

4 - Every week a different shape, a different system. Gary O'Neil starts, then doesn't make the bench, then makes the bench, then starts three in a row, then disappears again. Will Keane not selected at all for two games, then starts, then a sub, next week probably gone again. Carroll is up and down like a bride's nightie - one week the fulcrum of the team, next week not even in the squad. Jenas, in and out like the fcking hokey cockey. Not a single clue any more what system he wants to play or what players he wants to pick. He's thrashing around.

Oh, and for the benefit for the fcking happy clappy "we're still in the play off places" ostriches - sun was nice in the first half. There's a fcking positive for you to shove up your ars.
Just Back on 21:24 - Feb 22 with 7697 viewsDiscodroid

fack me sideways northern.. i agreed with every bit
off that!!

your starting to sound like old disco!!
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 21:26]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Just Back on 21:25 - Feb 22 with 7695 viewsYorkRanger

Thx Clive but you could have posted this on the existing threads....
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 21:26]
Just Back on 21:26 - Feb 22 with 7669 viewsGloucs_R

So Northern - sack or keep?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Just Back on 21:28 - Feb 22 with 7631 viewsHollowayRanger

this is why i dont do away games and instead went to tower of london with mates for a nice day out

perhaps harry should be sent to the scaffold and half the team to the bloody tower oh and theres still room for hughes at traitors gate

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Just Back on 21:29 - Feb 22 with 7620 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 21:26 - Feb 22 by Gloucs_R

If I thought they'd sack him, take a very deep breath, wipe the entire slate clean, and appoint somebody like Malky Mackay or somebody of that ilk and say "right, build us a club, build us an ethos, give us an identity" then I'd say sack.

But they wouldn't. They'd sack him, get the next biggest name they could find, and recommence letting him spending massive money on a whole new dozen new players.

If I'm right then you may as well keep Redknapp.

And before somebody comes up with "why would Malky Mackay come here?" the answer is money. QPR pay fcking stupid money.
Just Back on 21:29 - Feb 22 with 7615 viewsdavman

Just Back on 21:26 - Feb 22 by Gloucs_R

Not sacking Clive; the best interweb journo ever...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just Back on 21:30 - Feb 22 with 7600 viewsCambsHoop

Have to say I agree with pretty much all of that. Carroll being singled out was particularly poor. He was one of the very few who actually played like he gave a toss.
Just Back on 21:32 - Feb 22 with 7571 viewsYorkRanger

Just Back on 21:29 - Feb 22 by Northernr

If I thought they'd sack him, take a very deep breath, wipe the entire slate clean, and appoint somebody like Malky Mackay or somebody of that ilk and say "right, build us a club, build us an ethos, give us an identity" then I'd say sack.

But they wouldn't. They'd sack him, get the next biggest name they could find, and recommence letting him spending massive money on a whole new dozen new players.

And before somebody comes up with "why would Malky Mackay come here?" the answer is money. QPR pay fcking stupid money.

And the problem is that if we don't go up this season then the pressure to go up next yeAr we'll be even greater and the risk is that our thinking will be even more short term
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 21:32 - Feb 22 with 7563 viewsGloucs_R

Just Back on 21:29 - Feb 22 by Northernr

Agree with the club needing to be rebuilt from the ground up. I dont know enough about Mackay to say good bad or indifferent. To What about Di Matteo?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Just Back on 21:36 - Feb 22 with 7516 viewsflynnbo

When we were top and dropped points they'd say we were still clear in an automatic promotion spot. Then we were in second place and we ought to be grateful as we're well clear of third. Then we dropped to third then fourth so be grateful as we were in a play off position. They'll end up saying that we survived relegation and be grateful we could have ben like Wolves.
Just Back on 21:49 - Feb 22 with 7404 viewsQPRDave

Especially when said person is some spotty 18 year old oik who probably only started coming during the fcking Warnock year anyway.

So right there you're playing the " You're not a proper fan card yourself"
So because you have supported QPR for 30 years what you say goes?...Anyway if you have been a fan for that long surely this is just another downer in a long line of many......It's what QPR do ......let us down
Just Back on 21:53 - Feb 22 with 7356 viewsNeil_SI

Just Back on 21:49 - Feb 22 by QPRDave

Especially when said person is some spotty 18 year old oik who probably only started coming during the fcking Warnock year anyway.

So because you have supported QPR for 30 years what you say goes?...Anyway if you have been a fan for that long surely this is just another downer in a long line of many......It's what QPR do ......let us down

Should have said "do you not know who I am?" instead, shouldn't he?
Just Back on 21:53 - Feb 22 with 7354 viewsqprewan

You must have been very unlucky to get that reaction, I shouted exactly the same and to be honest all I heard all the way back to London Bridge was mass anger towards HR.
You are completely right he is thrashing around without a clue. Personally I would like to be rid of him asap I'd take di matteo straight away though not sure he'd vome to us - what about Steve Clarke?he can coach as well something that seems beyond Harry and his staff.
Just Back on 21:58 - Feb 22 with 7287 viewsNorthernr

I'll let you know when I've supported QPR for 30 years Dave, we're a little way off yet.
Now don't go saying anything negative now will you, or I'll have to tell you to go an support Fulham or something.
Just Back on 21:59 - Feb 22 with 7261 viewsPhilmyRs

Just Back on 21:36 - Feb 22 by flynnbo

When we were top and dropped points they'd say we were still clear in an automatic promotion spot. Then we were in second place and we ought to be grateful as we're well clear of third. Then we dropped to third then fourth so be grateful as we were in a play off position. They'll end up saying that we survived relegation and be grateful we could have ben like Wolves.

The treatment of Carroll today was embarassing. The guy was putting effort in and he's only a kid still developing his game. Was out of order. Too many fans jump on the back of any player that tries to keep the ball and pass to feet. They would much rather a 'get rid and tackle approach'. Agreed too much aimless passing today, but this wasn't Tom Carroll's fault.
Just Back on 22:01 - Feb 22 with 7237 viewsbatmanhoop

got to say agree 100% with that post and thoroughly enjoyed it too, it's not the fact we are losing, but we are losing to very poor teams
Just Back on 22:02 - Feb 22 with 7201 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 21:59 - Feb 22 by PhilmyRs

The treatment of Carroll today was embarassing. The guy was putting effort in and he's only a kid still developing his game. Was out of order. Too many fans jump on the back of any player that tries to keep the ball and pass to feet. They would much rather a 'get rid and tackle approach'. Agreed too much aimless passing today, but this wasn't Tom Carroll's fault.

Carroll, IMO, looks bad because he always shows for the pass. So he always gets the ball, then he turns and looks forward and there's nothing there, because without Austin and Phillips there is nothing there, so he has to try stuff, and mostly it doesn't come off, which makes him look bad, so he gets stick.

Jenas, meanwhile, hasn't shown for a pass since 2004, so doesn't catch the attention by giving the ball away because he never has the ball in the first place.

I'll have Carroll over Jenas any day of the week thank you.
Just Back on 22:05 - Feb 22 with 7173 viewsJigsore

I haven't been as gutted with a performance since that 0-0 with Reading at the back end of last season.

You honestly have to wonder if this is the tipping point. Will Redknapp hold his hands up and admit he's made a mistake? Or will Leeds see haphazard Tom Carroll shoehorned into an ill-advised 4-4-2 supported by bloody Carlton Palmer 2.0 (Maiga) and Benayoun whos only magic so far has been to pull 30k out of his @rse every week for doing bugger all

knowing 'arry I think i'll know which one it is...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Just Back on 22:06 - Feb 22 with 7168 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 22:05 - Feb 22 by Jigsore

I haven't been as gutted with a performance since that 0-0 with Reading at the back end of last season.

You honestly have to wonder if this is the tipping point. Will Redknapp hold his hands up and admit he's made a mistake? Or will Leeds see haphazard Tom Carroll shoehorned into an ill-advised 4-4-2 supported by bloody Carlton Palmer 2.0 (Maiga) and Benayoun whos only magic so far has been to pull 30k out of his @rse every week for doing bugger all

knowing 'arry I think i'll know which one it is...

Bringing Benayoun on is turning into the new stoppage time board i.e. time to go and beat the queue at the bar.
Just Back on 22:08 - Feb 22 with 7137 viewsShotKneesHoop

If you've supported QPR, like wot I have (Morecambe and Wise), for over 50 bleeding years, you'd know that pain comes with the territory. I agree with Clive that spotty youths who are new to the job deserve to give the long termers a bit of respect.

The problem is that we are losing our identify of being a small club that punches above its weight with a lot of character and morphing into trying to be a big club with global appeal and a loadsamoney approach but failing dismally.

If we can hang onto 6th place, I'd be amazed. We don't deserve it. QPR is the Pertemps of football.

Let "Arry swing on the scaffold till we phook up the play offs, and then ask Lord Derry to come back and run us like we ought to be. Or anyone that has played in the sodding hoops.

No money to spend on loans, just on developing the juniors.

The only saving grace is that SWP has been recognised as being so shyte that he can't even get his agent to talk himself into this bilge eleven. Why do we bother, Fawlty?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 22:16]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Just Back on 22:09 - Feb 22 with 7126 viewsQPRDave

Just Back on 21:58 - Feb 22 by Northernr

I'll let you know when I've supported QPR for 30 years Dave, we're a little way off yet.
Now don't go saying anything negative now will you, or I'll have to tell you to go an support Fulham or something.

Northern we all know you're a dedicated fan mate and quite right you should express negativity if you're not happy. I've backed Harry and his signings all season, and right now i'm really doubting we'll make the p offs so i feel pretty stupid and angry.
Sorry for having a dig but you came across very self important.
We all know you know your onions when it comes to Rangers and you are well respected for it. .......
Must be only 12 months at most away from 30 years surely from the pics i've seen
or is that just another sympton of QPR
Just Back on 22:09 - Feb 22 with 7124 viewsTHEBUSH

Just Back on 21:59 - Feb 22 by PhilmyRs

Football stinks at times, I've never got used to fans booing your own teams players and I've been going to football a long long time.
Just Back on 22:13 - Feb 22 with 7068 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 22:09 - Feb 22 by QPRDave

Northern we all know you're a dedicated fan mate and quite right you should express negativity if you're not happy. I've backed Harry and his signings all season, and right now i'm really doubting we'll make the p offs so i feel pretty stupid and angry.
Sorry for having a dig but you came across very self important.
We all know you know your onions when it comes to Rangers and you are well respected for it. .......
Must be only 12 months at most away from 30 years surely from the pics i've seen
or is that just another sympton of QPR

I am the least self important person you'll ever meet, I'll have a mouth off on here but honestly I'm as self deprecating and down to earth as they come.
I do object to some fcking oik who clearly hasn't been going that long saying "if you're not going to be positive then don't come any more" after that today though.
We're not at the fcking golf here, that deserved a bloody good booing.
Just Back on 22:14 - Feb 22 with 7051 viewsAntti_Heinola

Clive, as you know, I don't always agree with you, but I do always respect your opinion.
Today though... you are f***ing spot on. Agree with every single word.

Thought the treatment of Carroll has always been awful. I thought today he looked absolutely bereft of confidence, which is down to the manager as much as the fans (and having to play next to Jenas). He certainly tried, and while he played some God-awful passes to nowhere, or frequently underhit passes, at the same time I lost count of the number of occasions where he had the ball and *no one* showed for it. *No one*. Everyone stood and/or hid. Apart from, possibly, Morrison, and on the rare occasion, Hoilett.

Totally agree about Redknapp, too. His answer is always to buy new players. Always. Always has been, always will be. And now he's just throwing sh!t against the wall, hoping some of it will stick, then looking around for more sh!t and realising he can't throw that against the wall because he's already thrown enough of it against the wall and he's not allowed to throw any more of it and he'll have to wait until next week.

the truth is I can count on one hand without using my thumb how many times we've played what you can describe as 'well' this season. And that is an appalling indictment of his management. I said for weeks Charlie Austin was covering the cracks, but as you said, you get shouted down for being negative. Well the truth is pretty bare now and everyone can see it. The plain fact is, as sh!t as we were today, and today was an utter disgrace in almost every department (the back 3/4/5 (who knows, it seemed to change every 3 minutes) at least tried their best and Morrison was ok), if Austin had been playing, we'd have probably won. It's frightening to think what Harry would have done had we not signed him at all.

The place stinks at the moment. Today was the worst since Hart/Harford was in charge. At least when you ship six to Chelsea or even Fulham there's the solace that at least you got taken apart by decent players (not that we were taken apart today, obviously). People can slag off TF as much as they want, but the man is right - the management and players need to f***ing stand up and be counted. Now.

Bare bones.

Just Back on 22:15 - Feb 22 with 7047 viewsloftboy

Just Back on 22:09 - Feb 22 by THEBUSH

Football stinks at times, I've never got used to fans booing your own teams players and I've been going to football a long long time.

There was a hell of a lot of angry fans at the end, yelling at the players that did bother to come over to fark off

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024