Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Dawson 08:22 - Jun 3 with 7352 viewsLewes_r

Anyone?

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Michael Dawson on 08:30 - Jun 3 with 6007 viewsBlackCrowe

Yep, works for me.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Michael Dawson on 08:32 - Jun 3 with 6003 viewsWokingR

Just been listening to him on Talksport and he comes across surprisingly well.
Not sure why, but I always assumed he was a typical thick footballer but he makes some very good points and actually talks proper English.
On the pitch though I'm not sure if he is much of a step up from what we already have.
Michael Dawson on 08:35 - Jun 3 with 5985 viewsLewes_r

Harry was certainly chatting him up this morning

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Michael Dawson on 09:31 - Jun 3 with 5878 viewsPommyhoop

I would definately.Him and Ned would be a pacey pairing...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Michael Dawson on 09:50 - Jun 3 with 5840 viewsCFW

Michael Dawson on 09:31 - Jun 3 by Pommyhoop

I would definately.Him and Ned would be a pacey pairing...

Could I please ask anyone who thinks Dawson is a good defender to watch some of the Spurs matches from last season. He was probably the worst centre back I have ever seen play. Slow as a carthorse,
always out of position and against good opposition he got found out big time.

Has an annoying habit of every time a goal is scored against him he jumps in the air - he did a lot of jumping last season. Watch the Liverpool game - christ he was bad.

No, No please god NO
Michael Dawson on 09:54 - Jun 3 with 5827 viewsQPR442

Michael Dawson on 09:50 - Jun 3 by CFW

Could I please ask anyone who thinks Dawson is a good defender to watch some of the Spurs matches from last season. He was probably the worst centre back I have ever seen play. Slow as a carthorse,

Has an annoying habit of every time a goal is scored against him he jumps in the air - he did a lot of jumping last season. Watch the Liverpool game - christ he was bad.

No, No please god NO

Must agree with CFW he didn't have the best of seasons (or at least when I watched on SKY) seemed to be at fault many times. However Someone with a lot of experience next to Ned is essential.
Michael Dawson on 10:00 - Jun 3 with 5805 viewsTHEBUSH

Yes, I think he's the right type.
Michael Dawson on 10:12 - Jun 3 with 5777 viewsBerkoRanger

Isn't there a fitness question mark? Quality, experienced defender for sure. And Harry knows him.
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Dawson on 10:18 - Jun 3 with 5759 viewsTacticalR

Played 16 games last season, and 7 games the year before last.

Air hostess clique

Michael Dawson on 10:24 - Jun 3 with 5728 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Would rather look at better options before rushing to sign him

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Michael Dawson on 10:24 - Jun 3 with 5727 viewsquickpassrotter

He's lost his pace hasn't he. Gets caught out too often.
Michael Dawson on 10:26 - Jun 3 with 5720 viewsdanehoop

Michael Dawson on 10:24 - Jun 3 by quickpassrotter

He's lost his pace hasn't he. Gets caught out too often.

we already have several on the books with that

Never knowingly understood

Michael Dawson on 10:39 - Jun 3 with 5682 viewsEalingRanger

He's not very good anymore and was only ever good in certain kinds of games. No thanks.
Michael Dawson on 11:42 - Jun 3 with 5579 viewsHollowayRanger

didnt want to know us 2 years ago

now 2 years older slower and more injurie prone

dunne and dawson ? does it for you?

not me

richards williams lescott or our OWN onouha all better options

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Michael Dawson on 11:55 - Jun 3 with 5562 viewsBluce_Ree

Had his chance. F**k him.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Michael Dawson on 12:41 - Jun 3 with 5494 viewsN12Hoop

Michael Dawson on 09:50 - Jun 3 by CFW

No, No please god NO

Spot on. Speak to any spurs fan and they'll tell you the same. A big NO from me.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Michael Dawson on 12:56 - Jun 3 with 5454 views08olesen

Michael Dawson on 09:54 - Jun 3 by QPR442

Must agree with CFW he didn't have the best of seasons (or at least when I watched on SKY) seemed to be at fault many times. However Someone with a lot of experience next to Ned is essential.

Is experience really the key though. Both Nedem and Simpson had enough experience IMO. I really dont think there is a need for a 30+ old cart horse at the back. Its much more important to get someone who reads the game well and has the physical attributes to deal with strikers like Benteke and Suarez.

Curtis davis is a prime example of this, even though he is 29, he hasnt played as much top level fooball compared to someone like Dawson, yet he made up for it with his pace and intelligence on the field. I would much rather see a younger CB who doesn't sell himself like Dawson does, or get done for pace like Dunne does regularly, and train have them learn from Onhoua who is a class defender.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Michael Dawson on 13:03 - Jun 3 with 5429 viewspaulparker

talking of Davis we should have gone and got him a couple of seasons back when he was at Birmingham he would have been cheap as chips ,always rated him

Dawson is a no from me, to slow and expensive, same as Lescott & Ferdinand

Mica Richards at CB would be a beast , especially with a good pre season behind him he can also cover at RB

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Michael Dawson on 13:07 - Jun 3 with 5401 viewsWeaverQPR

Past his best stay well clear. Rather go for Williams or that WBA fella at least they are regulars for their respective clubs

@WeavQPR

Michael Dawson on 13:13 - Jun 3 with 5378 viewsbob566

god no. Every spuds game I saw he was at fault. Awful. Left his boots behind at forest.
Michael Dawson on 13:31 - Jun 3 with 5351 viewsA40Bosh

I will only be happy if we sign Vincent Company.
No one else is good enough for Queens Park Rangers.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Michael Dawson on 13:34 - Jun 3 with 5336 viewsMaggsinho

Michael Dawson on 13:31 - Jun 3 by A40Bosh

I will only be happy if we sign Vincent Company.
No one else is good enough for Queens Park Rangers.

Nope, would see us as a step down so that rules him out.
Michael Dawson on 13:45 - Jun 3 with 5308 viewsRangersAreBack

I would prefer Ashley Williams but certainly not the worst defender in the world when fit.
Michael Dawson on 14:31 - Jun 3 with 5247 viewsBklynRanger

Michael Dawson on 10:18 - Jun 3 by TacticalR

Played 16 games last season, and 7 games the year before last.

That alone should be enough to put an end to it. But it won't of course.

I know HR wants 'home grown' players, or Scandanavians if he has to, but if he can't get someone like Williams or Olssen I'd rather he looked on the continent than at aging, crocked locals.
Michael Dawson on 14:42 - Jun 3 with 5227 viewsFlex

I really do wonder about some fans' suggestions. As mentioned, Dawson is slow, cumbersome, doesn't read the game well (the amount of time he lets the ball bounce is shocking) isn't a leader, and would command big wages.

I feel we need someone more experienced alongside the Chief, and think Williams would be a great signing. Richards would also be very good, and could fill in at RB if needed. Lack of match fitness etc would be the concern if we were to sign Richards.

Unfortunately, I think we'll be 'raiding' Spurs for a lot of their dross in the coming months.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024