Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So anyone think we'll still qualify? 22:45 - Jun 19 with 6608 viewsClive_Anderson

Need Italy to beat Costa Rica tomorrow and then Uruguay on the last game. England need to put a couple past Costa Rica as well.

Any chance?
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 10:02 - Jun 20 with 1713 viewsBluce_Ree

Look at this way. Imagine Costa Rica had played Italy first and lost and now we needed them to beat Uruguay. That would seem a little more far fetched than needing them to lose to Italy.

As for Italy v Uruguay, that's a coin toss. I know we can't expect favours out of Italy but it's not a bizarre possibility.

Plus it'll take the pressure off a bit when we play Costa Rica.

It's not over.

That said, we're going to eat a big bag of dicks as soon as we face anyone good.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 10:10 - Jun 20 with 1704 viewsStanisgod

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 23:02 - Jun 19 by wood_hoop

Why wouldn't Italy go out and win both matches, their a good team with good players, maybe a few even playing to a high standard due to other players in the squad pushing for their position, not a problem that ever seems a worry to us.

The worry should be how the fcuk are we going to beat Costa Rica.....

If Italy win today you've got to be pretty naive to think that Italy are not going to rest at least 5 players against Uruguay. Suarez will destroy them at the back.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 10:17 - Jun 20 with 1696 viewsfrancisbowles

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 10:10 - Jun 20 by Stanisgod

If Italy win today you've got to be pretty naive to think that Italy are not going to rest at least 5 players against Uruguay. Suarez will destroy them at the back.

But if Suarez does destroy them and Costa Rica thump us, Italy could still go out on GD!
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 10:22 - Jun 20 with 1683 viewsstevec

its not over till the fat bloke shoots straight at the keeper (or hits the bar from a yard out)
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 10:23 - Jun 20 with 1680 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The strange thing is a team can qualify from this group with three points but in another scenario not qualify with six points.
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 10:26 - Jun 20 with 1674 viewsdaveB

I think Italy will win both games but we won't beat Costa Rica
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 10:56 - Jun 20 with 1647 viewsqprmick

After doing 45 years in Australia, you never just expect defeat. That is why they are no worse than we are and we have far better players.

Qprmick

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 11:53 - Jun 20 with 1625 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If Italy win tonight, I think there's a good chance of it. Italy can't rotate too much on the final day.

I was surprised by how nery England were at different stages of last night's game, but when they play without thinking, they're not a bad team at all and I've enjoyed watching them. There will be little pressure on them the next day, and that will definitely help.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 12:09 - Jun 20 with 1609 viewsTHEBUSH

No, we blew it in our first two games, why should we be any different in our 3rd game, we just don't learn from our mistakes.

Apart from that, it's out of our hands.
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 13:05 - Jun 20 with 1580 viewsTGRRRSSS

No, and probably be very ill deserved if they do so.
However..........
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 18:29 - Jun 20 with 1526 viewsFDC

A Clive saying that is often repeated on here is that "it's the hope that kills you"... At least we won't have to worry about any residual hope if the Italy score stays like this!
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 18:35 - Jun 20 with 1508 viewsHayesender

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 18:29 - Jun 20 by FDC

A Clive saying that is often repeated on here is that "it's the hope that kills you"... At least we won't have to worry about any residual hope if the Italy score stays like this!

I hope it does. Costa Rica deserve this, and our overpaid bunch of useless tossers deserve every bollicking they're gonna get

Poll: Shamima Beghum

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 18:40 - Jun 20 with 1498 viewsMatch82

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 18:35 - Jun 20 by Hayesender

I hope it does. Costa Rica deserve this, and our overpaid bunch of useless tossers deserve every bollicking they're gonna get

I don't completely disagree, but that statement is at least less true than it has been for the past 15 years.
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 19:08 - Jun 20 with 1443 viewsQPR1882

NO
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 19:10 - Jun 20 with 1439 viewsClive_Anderson

Italy just couldn't be arsed the bunch of tarts. Hope Uruguay stuff them.
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 19:28 - Jun 20 with 1347 viewsTW_R

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 19:10 - Jun 20 by Clive_Anderson

Italy just couldn't be arsed the bunch of tarts. Hope Uruguay stuff them.

How the hell did we lose to this Italian side. They are shockingly poor. I'd love to have heard the tactics meeting they had before the game.

"Itsa OK. Costa Rica will pusha upa the pitch. We give the ballio to our midfield, who will hoofa it over the defensi, where uno of our treso attacksi will stand in an offasidi positionini. We will repeata this 100 times.....

Fine"
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 19:38 - Jun 20 with 1331 viewsToast_R

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 19:28 - Jun 20 by TW_R

How the hell did we lose to this Italian side. They are shockingly poor. I'd love to have heard the tactics meeting they had before the game.

"Itsa OK. Costa Rica will pusha upa the pitch. We give the ballio to our midfield, who will hoofa it over the defensi, where uno of our treso attacksi will stand in an offasidi positionini. We will repeata this 100 times.....

Fine"

Basically CR shut Pirlo out the game especially in the second half and Italy were shown up for the average side they are when he's not running things.

After Euro 2012, it's a f*cking joke England were unable to do that.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 19:39]
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 19:52 - Jun 20 with 1304 viewsCamberleyR

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 19:38 - Jun 20 by Toast_R

Basically CR shut Pirlo out the game especially in the second half and Italy were shown up for the average side they are when he's not running things.

As I posted in another thread a few days ago it's strange why coaches these days tend not to man mark the oppo's best player as they did in years gone by. Brazil would have murdered England in Mexico '70 had Alf Ramsey not instructed Alan Mullery to follow Pele everywhere and there are countless other examples down the years in World Cups.

Apparently Pirlo doesn't fancy it when he's man marked neither.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 20:35 - Jun 20 with 1279 viewsQPR1882

Pirlo v England 76 passes in the 1st half

Pirlo v CR 35 passes in the 1st half
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 22:09 - Jun 20 with 1234 viewsTW_R

Well, that's what i thought Henderson was meant to do. Why he gets anywhere near an England squad is beyond me. Goes to show how poor a choice we have in that position.
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 00:34 - Jun 21 with 1194 viewsqprmick

After the England v Italy game, it was played at such a pace that both sides were flat in their following games. Costa Rica got a far post goal v Italy,, we have conceded a far post goals in both games played. How do we change that, I don't think we can.

Qprmick

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 08:12 - Jun 21 with 1154 viewsTW_R

So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 00:34 - Jun 21 by qprmick

After the England v Italy game, it was played at such a pace that both sides were flat in their following games. Costa Rica got a far post goal v Italy,, we have conceded a far post goals in both games played. How do we change that, I don't think we can.

Well, I guess what we could do is learn to defend? For the Italy goal Baines bought a dummy and basically gave Candreva as much time as he needed to pick out a cross.

For the Suarez goal, two people stood off Cavani ouside our own box and allowed him time to pick a pass. Jagielka didn't have a clue where Suarez was. The defending was shocking for all 4 goals we conceded.

Not too difficult to change really.
So anyone think we'll still qualify? on 09:47 - Jun 21 with 1125 viewsTheBlob

Yes I think we can still do it.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024