Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of the worst centre midfields in the league 21:06 - Dec 29 with 7336 viewsclassof93

Lack of pace, no support strikers for Austin, nobody that can cross a ball....various issues, but one of the main issues with our squad is the absolute lack of quality in the centre of midfield. Henry has done a great job but with all due respect he is not good enough for this league and Barton is the most over rated over hyped player i have ever seen.

We have centre midfielders who can't run beyond the forwards to get into the box, can't shoot, don't score, cant run with the ball to drive forward, cant pass ( well forwards anyway), slow and ageing. Key position that has never been addressed.

During all the last 3 premier league campaigns the centre midfield has never been sorted. It's a shame about faurlin's injuries as he has never been able to establish himself.

Was speaking to someone who said he thought rowlands, buzacky and faurlin when fit were better than what we have now and I agree.
One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 21:10 - Dec 29 with 5195 viewsbosh67

There is a definite lack of a playmaker. I keep saying in the absence of Adel it should be Vargas but we never play him centrally. Fer is not a central playmaker, nor is he, strangely, a winger!!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 22:36 - Dec 29 with 5095 viewsRBlock

We have no player who is really adept at passing the ball. Krancjar can but we don't start him, he is a luxury in a 2 man midfield or we have to drop Bobby. Henry isn't, Barton wants to be but isn't and the only one who is, is off doing rehab for his ACL.

It is why we look so damn short of ideas after lumping it long to Zamora doesn't work. Terrifies your Liverpools but should be bread and butter for most teams.

Fer is an odd one. He just rampages around the place like a rabid horse.
One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 22:57 - Dec 29 with 5076 viewsLblock

But I thought recent consensus was that Languid Fer was "Outstanding"????

I still maintain whoever made that post missed the word "around" off the end of the post title.

So anyway back to the point..
We're slowly establishing that 'Arry's very expensively put together squad (and put together very soon after Hugheslesses scandlously expensively put together squad) consists of:-

A first choice Keeper who is in the main superb but always prone to a ricket
An expense back up keeper who is "one for the future"
No right back cover but a brilliant first choice ON LOAN right back.
A left back who 'Arry never wanted and resisted playing for ages and the only reliable cover being a stalwart and all round man of the seasons
Centre backs consist of a canny old pro who we are rinsing and if last season is anything to go by his form will dip post Festive season; a young pacey lad who is now being dropped in and out or being asked to fill in at right back where he's always struggled; another old boy of H's who has clearly gone on 2 seasons too long, the aforementioned left back cover and a signing who is gradually growing after realizing his former hero really cant teach him anything (plus a youth team lad who'll never get game time in a million years).
Our midfield is pedestrian in the centre, has a £10million crock and has wide players who can neither beat a man or cross a ball but we do have a pretty good LOAN player being played in there on the right despite this not being his favoured position. We also have The Six Million Pound Man whose Languid displays are unFergetable
Up front we have a young Englishman currently in a purple patch and wants triple his weekly money because of that and an old Englishman who wanted a two year deal but made do with one and is effecitve for the maximum of an hour a game and never twice in a week.

Have I covered everywhere?

Next week... "How to assemble and expensive outdated coaching team and remove CEO's underpants for dummies"
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 23:08]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 23:03 - Dec 29 with 5063 viewsJigsore

We're a lot more disciplined with Sandro in the side. He's a better player than Barton imo so having him back soon should be a plus though it admittedly doesn't solve our creativity problem

In fairness Faurlin got injured again pretty close to deadline day so there wasn't much chance to bring in someone akin to him

It would be easiest to address our delivery problems for Austin and Bobby on the wings where we're already fairly strong in the full back areas, we just need more consistent widemen. Keep it nice and tight in the middle and work from set pieces and crosses to get our goals for this season at least...

Niko is a creative player, can't we find his favoured spot?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 23:07 - Dec 29 with 5027 viewsTheBlob

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 23:03 - Dec 29 by Jigsore

We're a lot more disciplined with Sandro in the side. He's a better player than Barton imo so having him back soon should be a plus though it admittedly doesn't solve our creativity problem

In fairness Faurlin got injured again pretty close to deadline day so there wasn't much chance to bring in someone akin to him

It would be easiest to address our delivery problems for Austin and Bobby on the wings where we're already fairly strong in the full back areas, we just need more consistent widemen. Keep it nice and tight in the middle and work from set pieces and crosses to get our goals for this season at least...

Ooer.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 5034 viewsdaveB

Harsh to say it's one of the worst midfields n the league, Henry has played at this level for years and always done well, Barton makes mistakes but still a decent player and with those two we've still managed to get to 15th in the table so not all bad.

I agree we may need to improve in this area but hard to do that when we are playing a basic 4-2-4- so the two in midfield have to sit deep
One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 23:17 - Dec 29 with 5012 viewsCHUBBS

The only player capable of making a clean break in our midfield is Phillips,the rest are just too slow or too shit.
This means the only way we can create real space is by passing and moving but our mobility and passing quality is lower championship standard.
We need to sign central midfielders who have the ability to run passed a player or two and create space or we will continue to be easy to play against.
Every team we play away does it to us meaning we end up sitting ridiculously deep to counteract our lack of pace restricting our own creativity to almost nothing.
Lets not fool ourselves thinking because we've won a few games that we will stay up,we're never gonna get enough points playing the way we have recently.
One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 23:42 - Dec 29 with 4979 viewsPunteR

Fer,Mutch,Barton,Kranjcar,Hoilett,Philips are just not playing at a high premier league standard and are making too many errors for this level.
None play their best football on the left side either. I honestly thought Traore would be the answer down the left but ,again,he's not on form.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 08:39 - Dec 30 with 4852 viewsDiscodroids

id rather have gary brooke, geoff pike and romeo zondervan in midfield than hatstands barton , niko and henry.

'Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout
Minister, Sinister, Banisters and Canisters,
Bishops, Fishops, Rabbis, and Pop Eyes, Bye bye, Bye byes
All we are saying is give Mutch a chance',

martin, akos and ali are in a different cosmos when compared to the 5th beatle, king henry Ra and beau brummel.

i really cant see any of those three being here next season along with grey friars and Dr feelgood dunne.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 08:57 - Dec 30 with 4835 viewsjohncharles

Who is this Sandro I hear so much about ? There was a guy from Spurs who used come on occasionally and fall over and get carried back to the treatment room. Sometimes he just fell over in training to spare all the hassle of turning up on Saturday.

Strong and stable my arse.

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 08:58 - Dec 30 with 4820 viewsGloucs_R

Seems to be an awful lot of these on here recently....

Poll: Are we staying up?

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 09:00 - Dec 30 with 4827 viewsBrisbaneR

Wahahaha......best placed Ooer ever!!
One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 09:04 - Dec 30 with 4810 viewsjohncharles

Your Poll's going well Gloucs-R
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 9:05]

Strong and stable my arse.

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 09:08 - Dec 30 with 4789 viewsDiscodroids

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 08:58 - Dec 30 by Gloucs_R

Seems to be an awful lot of these on here recently....

green goblins from spider man?

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 09:17 - Dec 30 with 4776 viewspaulparker

Totally agree with the majority on here that we are severely lacking anything in midfield,
Whoever sanctioned the Sandro signing needs shooting, never in a million years was he going to be fit , for a club our size 6 -10 million is a huge outlay, the least you expect for that money is a player who has knees ,
Mutch is average at the moment but may come good
Barton is a headless chicken and in the words of Barry the bishop in lock,stock
A fecking liability
Hoilett is the new tony scully
And as for niko he must be Sandra and Louise's dreamboy , how else do you explain him getting 2 years here ??
Fer I can't work him out he ain't a left winger though so why the fcuk play him there ?
I actually think the midfield of Palmer, Bircham,ainsworth & cook is better than what we have now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 09:26 - Dec 30 with 4750 viewsozexile

The thing that bugs me most about the sandro signing is in this window we could have took him on loan and then maybe bought him in the summer for peanuts. Spurs must have thought it was a prank call when we offered 10 mil.
One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 09:32 - Dec 30 with 4722 viewsTheBlob

Amazing innit,the way we pursued and stockpiled midfielders to the exclusion of anything else has led to this.At least when you bought some old clunker motors you could make a half decent one out of three or four donors.We've just got a load of old scrappers,ten quid a ton.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 09:37 - Dec 30 with 4717 viewsDiscodroids

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 09:17 - Dec 30 by paulparker

Totally agree with the majority on here that we are severely lacking anything in midfield,
Whoever sanctioned the Sandro signing needs shooting, never in a million years was he going to be fit , for a club our size 6 -10 million is a huge outlay, the least you expect for that money is a player who has knees ,
Mutch is average at the moment but may come good
Barton is a headless chicken and in the words of Barry the bishop in lock,stock
A fecking liability
Hoilett is the new tony scully
And as for niko he must be Sandra and Louise's dreamboy , how else do you explain him getting 2 years here ??
Fer I can't work him out he ain't a left winger though so why the fcuk play him there ?
I actually think the midfield of Palmer, Bircham,ainsworth & cook is better than what we have now

what parker!...niko's got another two years here??????

surely you jest .
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 9:41]

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 09:49 - Dec 30 with 4691 viewspaulparker

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 09:37 - Dec 30 by Discodroids

what parker!...niko's got another two years here??????

surely you jest .
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 9:41]

Don't panic me old mate I meant last season and this season
We were lucky though as the queue for his signature was bigger than the ones for Sandro , Rio and old Father Time Bobby Zamora

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 09:57 - Dec 30 with 4666 viewsDiscodroids

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 09:49 - Dec 30 by paulparker

Don't panic me old mate I meant last season and this season
We were lucky though as the queue for his signature was bigger than the ones for Sandro , Rio and old Father Time Bobby Zamora

gawd blimey, i was just about to go out and slay a freegan or the beggar with no nose outside stratford primark to sate my rage!.

if harold can harness the embryonic , and if i may say, flowering talents of niko and zamora ,so refreshing in todays modern game, in the same way gerry francis had that telepathic understanding with stan..... i for one believe that flowering bud may come to bounteous fruition in the not to distant future

with a tally of something like 3 goals between them since amos brearly called 'time' at the woolpack ,opposing defences will be hoping for an off day from this deadly duo.

one can only hope we can hang on to niko in january..he's box to box style of play is so suited to the premiership and will be highly sought after in the transfer window with the big guns of the conference knocking on the doors of W12.

a bid of sour cream pringles left over from boxing day and those joss sticks (egyptian mist) bought to cover the stench of the mother in laws brussel sprout omissions may be too tempting for harold to turn down

please harry can you keep his hellraiser puzzle box of diabolical talent in henry, zamora and niko together. at all costs for many years to come.

with flashing young blades 'rio' , dunne, swp karl henry ,barton and clint waiting in the wings, one would surely be in need of the rampton liquid cosh to think anything other than european domination is close at hand under your progressive stewardship

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 11:18 - Dec 30 with 4600 viewsLoft1979

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 23:03 - Dec 29 by Jigsore

!This!
Faurlin: Was replaced by Sandro. But that said....I think an eventual Sandro-Faurlin pairing would be fantastic. Steel and passing.
JB. Is best as a right midfielder in a 4-3-3. I like him but see him waning into part time player.
Niko: is a sub/squad player at this point.
One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 11:23 - Dec 30 with 4593 viewsclassof93

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 23:10 - Dec 29 by daveB

Harsh to say it's one of the worst midfields n the league, Henry has played at this level for years and always done well, Barton makes mistakes but still a decent player and with those two we've still managed to get to 15th in the table so not all bad.

I agree we may need to improve in this area but hard to do that when we are playing a basic 4-2-4- so the two in midfield have to sit deep

Agree Henry has been playing well. But this is the top division in English football and we are relying on a player of his ability. I think it wouldn't be so bad if he was playing with a better player than Barton.

Other problem with Barton is he is 32 and is a player whose whole game is based on energy and work rate. As players get to his age they need to change their game slightly and he doesn't have the technical ability to do this. He's just going to get worse going forward and what he does offer in work rate will decline.
One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 11:26 - Dec 30 with 4587 viewsLoft1979

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 11:23 - Dec 30 by classof93

Agree Henry has been playing well. But this is the top division in English football and we are relying on a player of his ability. I think it wouldn't be so bad if he was playing with a better player than Barton.

Other problem with Barton is he is 32 and is a player whose whole game is based on energy and work rate. As players get to his age they need to change their game slightly and he doesn't have the technical ability to do this. He's just going to get worse going forward and what he does offer in work rate will decline.

!Wow!
I am really glad to hear this!..
One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 11:28 - Dec 30 with 4583 viewsrsonist

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 11:18 - Dec 30 by Loft1979

!This!
Faurlin: Was replaced by Sandro. But that said....I think an eventual Sandro-Faurlin pairing would be fantastic. Steel and passing.
JB. Is best as a right midfielder in a 4-3-3. I like him but see him waning into part time player.
Niko: is a sub/squad player at this point.

Fairly certain that If Sandro and Faurlin ever start a game together a portal to another dimension will open and swallow us all.
One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 11:33 - Dec 30 with 4570 viewsparker64

One of the worst centre midfields in the league on 11:28 - Dec 30 by rsonist

Fairly certain that If Sandro and Faurlin ever start a game together a portal to another dimension will open and swallow us all.

We'd definitely need a few more St John Ambulance people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024