Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumours on Facebook and twitter 21:45 - Jan 14 with 18374 viewsloftboy

That Harry is negotiating a pay off tomorrow and Hoddle will be in charge Saturday with sherwoood in on Sunday, no sources revealed though.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:09 - Jan 14 with 3041 viewsCiderwithRsie

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 22:55 - Jan 14 by QPR1882

Sherwood is not my 1st choice but for a club as big as Spurs he is the 7th best manager they have had......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tottenham_Hotspur_F.C._managers

Based on a ridiculously small sample.

Managers are like politicians, all their careers end in failure because that's when they get sacked, and that distorts the statistics of most of them. Sherwood was only ever a temporary manager at Spurs, he was sacked because the season ended, so he never went through that catastrophic you're-getting-sacked-in-the-morning phase. If he'd been kept on he would have done, and soon at that.

Come on guys, think. Who here was crying out for Sherwood to be appointed at the start of the season? And how many people said when Redknapp was appointed, "well, he's got to be better than Hughes"?
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:09 - Jan 14 with 3041 viewsLowerloftLad

I think this move may happen due to QPR worrying about millwall moving for sherwood 🙈
No other team in the prem will touch sherwood ... So you just know we will i don't think I take much more of it 😭
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 23:14]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:10 - Jan 14 with 3036 viewsdaveB

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 22:36 - Jan 14 by Pommyhoop

What were his biggest failings?
Honest question .I didn't pay much attention to his short Spurs reign. I think we were in the Championship so he didn't really register with me ,especially me being over here and that...

He seemed a bit erratic with his team selections, players out of position a lot and very random team selections with players frozen out one minute then back in the next. He did get results although against the top sides he tended to lose them all. Despite winning most weeks very few Spurs fans seemed to like him, can't quite put my finger on why. Spurs fan at work today laughed when I chatted to him about it and said that's you down then.

Always full of passion and anger on the bench which many seem to like but he always came across a bit Basil Fawlty to me.

We should be able to replace Redknapp with a much better manager, we're not going to though by the look of it.

On the plus side he gives youth a chance and should see this as a perfect opportunity to make it in the game. Grasping at straws with the positives though, it's a flip of a coin he might be better he might not.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:16 - Jan 14 with 2988 viewsMetallica_Hoop

As Brian Lumley once wrote "We shall see what we shall see"

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:17 - Jan 14 with 2977 viewsPommyhoop

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:10 - Jan 14 by daveB

He seemed a bit erratic with his team selections, players out of position a lot and very random team selections with players frozen out one minute then back in the next. He did get results although against the top sides he tended to lose them all. Despite winning most weeks very few Spurs fans seemed to like him, can't quite put my finger on why. Spurs fan at work today laughed when I chatted to him about it and said that's you down then.

Always full of passion and anger on the bench which many seem to like but he always came across a bit Basil Fawlty to me.

We should be able to replace Redknapp with a much better manager, we're not going to though by the look of it.

On the plus side he gives youth a chance and should see this as a perfect opportunity to make it in the game. Grasping at straws with the positives though, it's a flip of a coin he might be better he might not.

Thanks for that Dave

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:31 - Jan 14 with 2901 viewsDannyPaddox

Tim Sherwood!? Rather have Tim Westwood ...

respek!
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:32 - Jan 14 with 2897 viewsHunterhoop

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 22:53 - Jan 14 by daveB

didn't watch the game live but although it didn't look like we played well second half I think to say we were embarrassed is a bit too far. Burnley are hardly the worst team in the division either, especially at home.

Also think Jamie is right and Sherwood will do better than Redknapp away from home, not sure he will match his home record though
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 23:11]

Dave, Burnley are close to the worst side in the division. It's not like we were playing a team chasing Europa league spots. They were second bottom before the game and are highly likely to be bottom 3. They'd also only won a couple of games at home before playing us.

Sherwood won't be worse as a manager than Redknapp, principally because Redknapp didn't do any managing. Whether he keeps us up or not is different. Whether we all like him is different. Whether he gets better or worse results is different too. But he cannot be a worse manager. He will do some managing.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:40 - Jan 14 with 2862 viewsRanger78

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 22:39 - Jan 14 by eghamranger

Hope this is a joke... Has managed a team for 28 matches, has no history with us and is rumoured to coming here. Would rather keep Harry.

He is also younger than me.... Just... But now I feel really old

Hardly a Pulis who will go in somewhere and kick arse. He used to be another right hand man of Harrys, so not a great grounding

I get the concern but I just cannot see how anyone could be worse than Redknaop right now. He has now lost more games than he's won during his 2 year tenure and acts as if he couldn't care less.

I wouldn't mind betting he's also having a huge sulk right now about Defoe

I don't think Sherwiod is as bad an option as many think, he'll certainaly install some passion and some fight.

It seems this might have been in the offing for a long time with Les and Chris Ramsey ( who seems to be highly regarded) already in.

I personally love the idea of Les being involved in much a greater capacity.... Even if we loose, it might start to feel like our management/coaching team actually care
Login to get fewer ads

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:41 - Jan 14 with 2854 viewsPommyhoop

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:32 - Jan 14 by Hunterhoop

Dave, Burnley are close to the worst side in the division. It's not like we were playing a team chasing Europa league spots. They were second bottom before the game and are highly likely to be bottom 3. They'd also only won a couple of games at home before playing us.

Sherwood won't be worse as a manager than Redknapp, principally because Redknapp didn't do any managing. Whether he keeps us up or not is different. Whether we all like him is different. Whether he gets better or worse results is different too. But he cannot be a worse manager. He will do some managing.

Have to agree with this. Even if Sherwood is a poor ,poor manager it seems he is at the start of that career and will want to do well, impress and use us as a stepping stone to bigger things.
I think we all now agree that H was at the end of his career, saw us as a step down to top up his pension and does not really want to manage at all. He is an old tired man who should've retired on that high at Wembley last year

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:56 - Jan 14 with 2796 viewsngbqpr

Darren Lewis, the Mirror bloke who co-penned this morning's story, was on talksport earlier. Stuck to his guns, insisting there was a lot of trouble "behind the scenes". Started to say he liked / respected HR, how he'd inherited a number of players on high wages which restricted his options...I thought here we go again...but he quickly switched to pointing out that signings like Ferdinand & Mutch were not getting a game, Fer & Vargas being played out of position, unbelievably bad away record etc etc - ie putting the case for the board having an itchy trigger finger

If he goes, it's odds on we won't have researched young, up & coming managers...I've never liked Sherwood...so I'd give it Hoddle til the end of the season (who in his own way has as much to prove as Sherwood), and tell him to do what he's reputedly good at, namely COACH & ORGANISE a squad with no little talent

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 00:01 - Jan 15 with 2778 viewskensalriser

I almost half believe this because 1, Redknapp has clearly been given nothing for the transfer window and 2, Sherwood represents exactly the kind of lazy, Ill-researched, kneejerk, short-term, doomed appointment that you would expect from this board, one that knows nothing about football and has trouble appointing exectives who do.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 00:10 - Jan 15 with 2748 viewsHunterhoop

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 00:01 - Jan 15 by kensalriser

I almost half believe this because 1, Redknapp has clearly been given nothing for the transfer window and 2, Sherwood represents exactly the kind of lazy, Ill-researched, kneejerk, short-term, doomed appointment that you would expect from this board, one that knows nothing about football and has trouble appointing exectives who do.

You're absolutely right.

I've been saying for a year know, Eddie Howe. That boat has sailed I'd imagine.

But there's countless other options who I'd like. Like with players, I'd live us to look at an up and coming manager with a good record who is ambitious, keen to succeed, for whom we'd be the biggest job of his career so far.

I'd like him to be then charged with reconstructing our identity as a team and implementing some infrastructure and bringing on youth.

We'll get Sherwood simply because he's got an agent who'll be in TF and Les' ear, and Les and him are mates. Hopefully we'll get Sherwood the first team coach rather than Sherwood the pompous manager. Let's wait and see.

But you're right, even if he's a huge success it won't be down to some exhaustive, strategic, well thought out approach from the Board.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 00:26 - Jan 15 with 2698 views08olesen

Please no TS. Give Hoddle the job till Clement in the summer. Im sure people are bored of me touting clement, but he has rangers history in the family and is young enough to bring something fresh....an away win maybe.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 00:59 - Jan 15 with 2649 viewsBklynRanger

If it happened I think the most troubling part for me would be not lumping on Sherwood ages ago. It was completely obvious, I thought, as soon as Les came in.

Like Hunter says, he will at least manage which would be an idea. Some of that may involve managing to piss everyone off, and/or managing to relegate us but what's the difference.

Just wait till Redknapp starts throwing around accusations of lack of funding. We can all enjoy a bit of ultra-rage when that shyte starts.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 04:52 - Jan 15 with 2529 viewsFDC

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:10 - Jan 14 by daveB

"He seemed a bit erratic with his team selections, players out of position a lot and very random team selections with players frozen out one minute then back in the next."

Hmm, sounds familiar that.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 06:52 - Jan 15 with 2424 viewsGloucs_R

Nothing to support him leaving today in any of the papers

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 06:57 - Jan 15 with 2421 viewsPommyhoop

So the weekly presser is still on.? Superb.
It's going to be a humdinger.H at his prickly ,bullshitting best.
Either that or he'll wheel Bondy out to take the flak..

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 07:09 - Jan 15 with 2394 viewsJonDoeman

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 04:52 - Jan 15 by FDC

"He seemed a bit erratic with his team selections, players out of position a lot and very random team selections with players frozen out one minute then back in the next."

Hmm, sounds familiar that.

And that is what I'm worried about, few bad results it will all be Son of Redknapp' on here. Those Spurs Stats are meaningless, he's a novice, a prickly arrogant one. '

It Is What It Is !!

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 07:16 - Jan 15 with 2377 viewsrbsranger

I hope Clive has his pen at the ready for today's presser - the weekly presser summary has become a highlight and if we can just get Defoe to sign for Sunderland before it starts today, we should be in for a real treat...
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 08:01 - Jan 15 with 2278 viewsNorthernr

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 07:16 - Jan 15 by rbsranger

I hope Clive has his pen at the ready for today's presser - the weekly presser summary has become a highlight and if we can just get Defoe to sign for Sunderland before it starts today, we should be in for a real treat...

As far as I'm aware it's tomorrow at 9.45. Usually on a Friday for the home games.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 08:29 - Jan 15 with 2182 viewsDiscodroids

Hallelujah

Both Bondy and Jordan they shall go with you; And you will eat the plants of the after dinner circuit; By the sweat of your face You will eat prawn cocktail for starters , Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return."

Praise the lord,
A miracle,

for kenny jacket shall inherit loftus road and he saw that it was good.

Discodroid
verses soixante-neuf
behind the skip at icelands
north chingford

if this turns out to be true i'll make a donation to that romanian beggar with no nose outside primark in stratford , who gets into a subaru everynight at 6pm.

edit: fu ck just re read the op..tim sherwood...bollox.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 8:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 08:30 - Jan 15 with 2181 viewsrosseeles

Fingers crossed he goes , listening to him at press conferences/post game just gets more and more depressing, he's given up seems to have no passion, give me an ollie type who at least shows half a damn occasionally. No one seems to want Sherwood but i dont see why not, hes young, shows he cares, isnt the most experienced , but people on here always say they want someone up and coming...maybes its the harry ties that put people off. i dont know but frankly most people right now look better.

Not that it will solve all the behind the scenes rubbish that weve had for years, but hopefully it will give us a short term boost enough to stay up this year at least, then maybe TF may open his eyes and see what a mess things are

Or Not
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 08:42 - Jan 15 with 2127 viewssimmo

Nobosy really wants Sherwood, but then we need somebody and everyone you or I could handpick is unavailable. So it's a case of desperately needing a change, and tactical tim and his gilet represent that. At least he's young, that ticks at least one of the things I would have wanted from a replacement.

I suppose we wait and see, it may not happen, although I will say that Sherwoods record at Tottenham is tempered by the fact it was at Tottenham, a club he knew very well, where he was already well entrenched in, that has a whole structure and set up of the highest standard. He has never even bought or sold/identified a player, so it will be interesting (if he does come in) how he copes with suddenly having to do everything.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 08:50 - Jan 15 with 2104 viewsNorthernr

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 08:42 - Jan 15 by simmo

Nobosy really wants Sherwood, but then we need somebody and everyone you or I could handpick is unavailable. So it's a case of desperately needing a change, and tactical tim and his gilet represent that. At least he's young, that ticks at least one of the things I would have wanted from a replacement.

I suppose we wait and see, it may not happen, although I will say that Sherwoods record at Tottenham is tempered by the fact it was at Tottenham, a club he knew very well, where he was already well entrenched in, that has a whole structure and set up of the highest standard. He has never even bought or sold/identified a player, so it will be interesting (if he does come in) how he copes with suddenly having to do everything.

He'll get found out, as Hughes did. The set up at QPR makes it one of the hardest jobs around.

What did he have at Spurs when he took over?

- Massive academy chock full of players lots of whom had played decent amounts of football out on loan, including Ryan Mason who was one of several Spurs players all sent to Swindon at the same time because they played a similar shape and style to Spurs.

- Already a very good, well stocked first team.

- State of the art training ground, one of the best around.

- A well established, vast scouting network across the UK and the world.

- Well established set of coaches who'd been there several years.

And what did he do with it? Not much. The manager before him was sacked for beating the middle of the road and lower league teams and getting hammered by the big guns, and Sherwood did exactly the same - and lost his rag about it regularly.

Here he has none of that. He'll start with himself, Les Ferdinand, the second bottom team in the league and a waterlogged, windswept training pitch at the end of the runway at Heathrow.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:04 - Jan 15 with 2025 viewsDANRANGER

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 08:50 - Jan 15 by Northernr

He'll get found out, as Hughes did. The set up at QPR makes it one of the hardest jobs around.

What did he have at Spurs when he took over?

- Massive academy chock full of players lots of whom had played decent amounts of football out on loan, including Ryan Mason who was one of several Spurs players all sent to Swindon at the same time because they played a similar shape and style to Spurs.

- Already a very good, well stocked first team.

- State of the art training ground, one of the best around.

- A well established, vast scouting network across the UK and the world.

- Well established set of coaches who'd been there several years.

And what did he do with it? Not much. The manager before him was sacked for beating the middle of the road and lower league teams and getting hammered by the big guns, and Sherwood did exactly the same - and lost his rag about it regularly.

Here he has none of that. He'll start with himself, Les Ferdinand, the second bottom team in the league and a waterlogged, windswept training pitch at the end of the runway at Heathrow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Not many positives to take from it. Redknapp going is one and Sherwood does have a great knowledge of under 21 football so this could benefit with signing promising players that aren't getting a chance at their clubs.

I'd still prefer Howe but I guess Bournemouth have a better set up than we do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024