Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumours on Facebook and twitter 21:45 - Jan 14 with 18616 viewsloftboy

That Harry is negotiating a pay off tomorrow and Hoddle will be in charge Saturday with sherwoood in on Sunday, no sources revealed though.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:11 - Jan 15 with 2015 viewsRangersw12

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 08:50 - Jan 15 by Northernr

He'll get found out, as Hughes did. The set up at QPR makes it one of the hardest jobs around.

What did he have at Spurs when he took over?

- Massive academy chock full of players lots of whom had played decent amounts of football out on loan, including Ryan Mason who was one of several Spurs players all sent to Swindon at the same time because they played a similar shape and style to Spurs.

- Already a very good, well stocked first team.

- State of the art training ground, one of the best around.

- A well established, vast scouting network across the UK and the world.

- Well established set of coaches who'd been there several years.

And what did he do with it? Not much. The manager before him was sacked for beating the middle of the road and lower league teams and getting hammered by the big guns, and Sherwood did exactly the same - and lost his rag about it regularly.

Here he has none of that. He'll start with himself, Les Ferdinand, the second bottom team in the league and a waterlogged, windswept training pitch at the end of the runway at Heathrow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Out of interest who would you go for ?

I'm not sure Sherwood is the right man but I can't really think of anyone suitable (bar Dyche who wouldn't leave Burnley ) at the moment due to the mess behind the scenes
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 9:20]
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:18 - Jan 15 with 1982 viewsrosseeles

i think the problem you have is that any manager will have issues because of our behind the scenes issues. i think thats slowly...very slowly being improved, but the training ground is still dragging we still dont have many "football" people in higher up (les coming in has started to reverse that) so its going to be hard for anyone coming in

The reason i said Sherwood was simply as a short term keep us up measure, given a 12 month deal, or a deal to the end of the season if he keeps us up make it a rolling year contract or something, if he really wants the job and is confident he' d take it.

Interestingly in sherwoods first 10 games for spurs he racked up 23 points. Yes as Clive said he'd been there for a while, knew the setup etc, but there has to be something more to it than just that. IMHO
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:22 - Jan 15 with 1948 viewspaulparker

Sherwood would be a lazy appointment, id rather we went for the following
Mark Warburton,
Paul Clement
Garry Rowett
KarlRobinson
Eddie howe
Slaven Billic
those are the names we would need to take the club forward , if we are serious about anything these are the guys to give the reigns to and say build me a club ,

if we arnt going to give those names a bash how about these
Ainsworth
Paul cook at chesterfield
Jackie McNamara - Dundee utd, (excellent at bringing kids through)
Keith Hill- Rochdale
Mick McCarthy
Mark Cooper -Swindon
Uwe Rosler

there are names out there than Timmy poxy Sherwood , also be interesting as Hoddle would go and also didn't he have a fall out with our midfield dynamo (sandro) ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:29 - Jan 15 with 1914 viewsNorthernr

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:11 - Jan 15 by Rangersw12

Out of interest who would you go for ?

I'm not sure Sherwood is the right man but I can't really think of anyone suitable (bar Dyche who wouldn't leave Burnley ) at the moment due to the mess behind the scenes
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 9:20]

Well this is the problem, because of all the above the ones I'd want here - Dyche, Howe - probably wouldn't take it. It's certain to be Sherwood anyway so little point in naming anybody else.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:31 - Jan 15 with 1900 viewsTopCat34

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:29 - Jan 15 by Northernr

Well this is the problem, because of all the above the ones I'd want here - Dyche, Howe - probably wouldn't take it. It's certain to be Sherwood anyway so little point in naming anybody else.

As a club I imagine we would do well to attract even Sherwood. There is no money, infrastructure and perhaps oblivion awaits on the horizon. Not really an attractive package.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:34 - Jan 15 with 1882 viewsdaveB

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 23:32 - Jan 14 by Hunterhoop

Dave, Burnley are close to the worst side in the division. It's not like we were playing a team chasing Europa league spots. They were second bottom before the game and are highly likely to be bottom 3. They'd also only won a couple of games at home before playing us.

Sherwood won't be worse as a manager than Redknapp, principally because Redknapp didn't do any managing. Whether he keeps us up or not is different. Whether we all like him is different. Whether he gets better or worse results is different too. But he cannot be a worse manager. He will do some managing.

Every chance he'll be worse than Redknapp, we'll find out soon enough
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:35 - Jan 15 with 1868 viewsSuffolkHoop

Should have got rid and appointed Rowett after the League Cup defeat to Burton Albion in August.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:38 - Jan 15 with 1843 viewsdaveB

I'd like to see us go mad and interview people, Ferdinand is an advocate of the Rooney rule to give black managers an interview but we won't interview anyone for the job to find the best candidate. Last time we actually took our time and recruited a manager was Ian Holloway.
Login to get fewer ads

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:42 - Jan 15 with 1819 viewsPinnerPaul

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:31 - Jan 15 by TopCat34

As a club I imagine we would do well to attract even Sherwood. There is no money, infrastructure and perhaps oblivion awaits on the horizon. Not really an attractive package.

The "attractive package" will be the monthly payslip.

Reason why, IF, we put the job on open market, we won't, you would get loads of applicants.

To think, ANYONE would take it, with their burning desire being to change the club from top to bottom, is naive in the extreme.

Money, wanting to impress rest of the football world (ego) and as a stepping stone to a better job are the reasons anyone in the top flight takes a job - just have to live with that, its modern football.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:44 - Jan 15 with 1805 viewsQPunkR

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:29 - Jan 15 by Northernr

Gigi would take it

QPR - "shit but local"

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:46 - Jan 15 with 1795 viewsPinnerPaul

Paddy Power are 6/4 Harry as fav in the sack race.

Was 7/4 yesterday, so coming in, but they are still taking bets and 6/4 is not a "definately happening tomorrow" sort of price!
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:47 - Jan 15 with 1778 viewsTheBlob

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:31 - Jan 15 by TopCat34

When Harry's gone the doors to the vault will miraculously spring open once again.Oooh look ,they'll cry,there's a dusty pile of money over there that we completely forgot about.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:47 - Jan 15 with 1772 viewsthame_hoops

what is michael laudrup up to nowadays? he'd be a good choice yes?
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:50 - Jan 15 with 1753 viewsdaveB

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:46 - Jan 15 by PinnerPaul

Paddy Power are 6/4 Harry as fav in the sack race.

Was 7/4 yesterday, so coming in, but they are still taking bets and 6/4 is not a "definately happening tomorrow" sort of price!

I reckon they'll give him the United game and wouldn't be a massive shock to see him save his job with a win or a draw
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:51 - Jan 15 with 1748 viewsSuffolkHoop

Luigi....
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:52 - Jan 15 with 1745 viewsnadera78

If they do want rid, then the best thing would be to appoint Hoddle until the end of the season. Then bring in someone permanent when we know how were fixed for next season. Alongside the new man would be a real commitment to revamping the club.

But we know that won't happen. They'll appoint Sherwood and hope for the best.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:53 - Jan 15 with 1737 viewsWestbourneR

If it is Sherwood then it's a pathetic move. He is not a manager. He doesn't even nearly have the temperament for it and I thought he was as tactically inept as Redknapp when he was in charge at Spurs. We'll be straight down if it's him.

If HR goes we have to big for a major, long term, quality replacement.

Surely we've still got enough in us to tempt Eddie Howe away from Bournemouth?

We are bigger then Bournemouth... arent we?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:53 - Jan 15 with 1736 viewsrosseeles

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:50 - Jan 15 by daveB

I reckon they'll give him the United game and wouldn't be a massive shock to see him save his job with a win or a draw

Wouldnt be the biggest suprise if we suddenly upped our game, you'll know how much pressure Harry is under by the time he spends out of his seat, ala Liverpool.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 10:07 - Jan 15 with 1675 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 22:26 - Jan 14 by RANGERS4EVER

Having the highest win percentage of any recent Tottenham manager and getting a player with an attitude problem (Adebayor) back on form, as well as giving his youngsters a chance and guiding them to the Europa league places which was higher than where they were is hardly embarrassing himself. For me, although he isn't my first choice, Sherwood would at least bring in some passion and structure to the squad

He got Adebayor on form for a bit, but that was it. He'd have soon fell out with him as all managers do. This highest win percentage stat is meaningless over so few games - when you drill down they drew with Hull at home, lost to Norwich, Arsenal twice, battered by Chelsea, battered by liverpool, failed to beat west brom twice, lost to west ham twice.
He did a decent job and had some notable wins away at Newcastle and v Man U, but he was essentially a caretaker with no other managerial experience because he's too arrogant to start at a lower level and learn his trade properly.
No thanks - i'd actually stick with Harry over this dick.

Bare bones.

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 10:14 - Jan 15 with 1625 viewsPunteR

At this stage it has to be Hoddle. Knows the players and the set up. Its a no brainer for me. He also runs an academy which as far as i know has been successful .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 10:15 - Jan 15 with 1625 viewsadhoc_qpr

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:53 - Jan 15 by WestbourneR

If it is Sherwood then it's a pathetic move. He is not a manager. He doesn't even nearly have the temperament for it and I thought he was as tactically inept as Redknapp when he was in charge at Spurs. We'll be straight down if it's him.

Eddie Howe is Bournemouth through and through and currently has them storming towards automatic promotion - why on earth would he want to come here?

Same with all the other Championship managers in the playoffs we might want like Karanka, McClaren etc

Sherwood i'm not keen on, presumably if he does come on board it's due to a recommendation from Sir Les who worked with him at Spurs for years.
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 10:15 - Jan 15 with 1620 viewsTrance_Trousers

Gary Neville

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 10:15 - Jan 15 with 1618 viewsQPunkR

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 09:53 - Jan 15 by WestbourneR

Look at their position and look at ours...

QPR - "shit but local"

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 10:15 - Jan 15 with 1617 viewsrosseeles

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 10:15 - Jan 15 by adhoc_qpr

Eddie Howe is Bournemouth through and through and currently has them storming towards automatic promotion - why on earth would he want to come here?

Same with all the other Championship managers in the playoffs we might want like Karanka, McClaren etc

Sherwood i'm not keen on, presumably if he does come on board it's due to a recommendation from Sir Les who worked with him at Spurs for years.

Didnt Eddie howe leave bournemouth and do really poorly at another club before going back?
Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 10:18 - Jan 15 with 1603 viewsPunteR

Rumours on Facebook and twitter on 10:15 - Jan 15 by rosseeles

Didnt Eddie howe leave bournemouth and do really poorly at another club before going back?

Burnley

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024