Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! 12:03 - Mar 15 with 35640 viewsaleanddale

Still 12 games to go and we seem to be flat!!

What can the club do to re energise us for this final quarter?

A rally cry from the manager?

A statement of ambition? " it will be difficult but we are aiming for 24 more points"?

We have a great chance of finishing on a real high but need to see Keith leading with some positivity!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:34 - Mar 18 with 1998 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:57 - Mar 18 by MoonyDale

#putthestupidmancprickonignore

#iftheinbredcanfindhisignorebuttononhisvic20

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:39 - Mar 18 with 1986 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:34 - Mar 18 by BigDaveMyCock

#iftheinbredcanfindhisignorebuttononhisvic20

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:08 - Mar 18 with 1931 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:00 - Mar 18 by fitzochris

This season, no matter where the heck we finish, will have been a success. It’s had its good and bad points, like any, but I won’t look back on this season with any kind of disappointment.

GOOD POINTS:
- Players from the Academy integrating into the first team
- Matt Done saving our skins as a striker
- Hendo and Vincenti chipping in with vital goals
- Successful loans in Conrad Logan and Jack O’Connell
- Spending the entire season comfortably above teams with far superior resources
- Reaching the FA Cup fourth round
- Emphatic wins over superior sides, despite not having an out-and-out striker
- The appointment of a marketing supremo
- The fact we’re in League One and not League Two

BAD POINTS:
- Starting the season under prepared
- Selling Done on transfer deadline day
- The post-Done malaise
- The Orient postponement
- Signing the likes of Brandy and RNL and not utilising them
- Keith Hill’s fan criticism (depending on your point of view)
- Unsuccessful loans, such as Cywka
- Bastien Hery being under used
- Jack Muldoon
- BigDaveMyCock
[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 9:01]

A really fair and balanced post.

I feel that this will end up being one of the most pivotal seasons in our history, hopefully not one where think "what if".

With a bit more bravery we could have been on our way to being the next Bournmouth or Brentford, I just hope that the lack of ambition doesn't seeing us back to being an Accy or Macc.

Only time will tell.

As for this thread being embarrassing, its probably the cheapest customer service survey that the club could wish to have, some real insight in the main as to the thoughts of the current fan base.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:22 - Mar 18 with 1901 viewsBrierls

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 07:31 - Mar 18 by TalkingSutty

Well Brierls is your mate Col so you are bound to fight his corner. I think anybody who posts on A&B deserves to be treated with contempt, even a fool can see that . The fact some of them are your mates is irrelevant.

I haven't said saved posts are classed as evidence or i have any saved posts. I said plenty of people have historic posts from that time. If you ask your mates you will find i wasn't involved in any of it The fact l am one of the more vociferous posters( loud mouth) and not in bed with your mates as resulted in me speaking to people who post and no longer post and also receiving loads of messages.

When i was going to pack the forum in a few weeks ago, you know like dozens and dozens of others have, i was persuaded not to do by numerous other posters as well as those who just peruse. So you could say i returned due to a outpouring of love, much as it irks some people.

Anyway, back to the football and our play off push.

You've shown yourself to be a liar and a hypocrite on this thread.

There's not really any fighting of corners that needs to be done. It's all there in black and white. You've backed yourself into one and got so carried away with being the self proclaimed voice of the masses that you've failed to notice that you're displaying the polar opposite of the values you purport to represent.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:28 - Mar 18 with 1883 viewsnordenblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:39 - Mar 18 by TalkingSutty

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one.

Some good posts on this thread, keep up the good work TS,MD and DA a cracking read and all very valid points.
Its laughable how the select few think they can talk down to everyone and we should bow down and accept it as given.Theres one of the gang strangely missing from the pack
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:28 - Mar 18 with 1858 viewsColDale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:00 - Mar 18 by fitzochris

This season, no matter where the heck we finish, will have been a success. It’s had its good and bad points, like any, but I won’t look back on this season with any kind of disappointment.

GOOD POINTS:
- Players from the Academy integrating into the first team
- Matt Done saving our skins as a striker
- Hendo and Vincenti chipping in with vital goals
- Successful loans in Conrad Logan and Jack O’Connell
- Spending the entire season comfortably above teams with far superior resources
- Reaching the FA Cup fourth round
- Emphatic wins over superior sides, despite not having an out-and-out striker
- The appointment of a marketing supremo
- The fact we’re in League One and not League Two

BAD POINTS:
- Starting the season under prepared
- Selling Done on transfer deadline day
- The post-Done malaise
- The Orient postponement
- Signing the likes of Brandy and RNL and not utilising them
- Keith Hill’s fan criticism (depending on your point of view)
- Unsuccessful loans, such as Cywka
- Bastien Hery being under used
- Jack Muldoon
- BigDaveMyCock
[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 9:01]

I'd swell the good points with:

* Ashley Eastham becoming a first team player (I'd all but written him off last summer)
* Youth Team being top of the league
* goal difference
* selling Scott Hogan for £1 million with no detrimental effect on the first team
* The signing of Dawson and the rebirth of Tom Kennedy

and last but by no means least

* Finding a club willing to pay us money for George Donnelly

Hopefully in weeks to come, we'll be able to add Stadium Purchase to that list.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:29 - Mar 18 with 1856 viewsaleanddale

Think briels and TS should draw a line...

Cross wires - deep frustration - mis interpretation call it what you want but we are all Dale fans and need to stick together.

11 games left for Keith to excite us!!!
[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 11:50]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:39 - Mar 18 with 1828 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:08 - Mar 18 by SteTsGoldenBoot

A really fair and balanced post.

I feel that this will end up being one of the most pivotal seasons in our history, hopefully not one where think "what if".

With a bit more bravery we could have been on our way to being the next Bournmouth or Brentford, I just hope that the lack of ambition doesn't seeing us back to being an Accy or Macc.

Only time will tell.

As for this thread being embarrassing, its probably the cheapest customer service survey that the club could wish to have, some real insight in the main as to the thoughts of the current fan base.

Bournemouth and Brentford were getting near 10,000 crowds at this level and are both backed by multi millionaire sugar daddies. Apart from that..........lets go for it!!!!!!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:41 - Mar 18 with 1822 viewsDorsetDale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:28 - Mar 18 by nordenblue

Some good posts on this thread, keep up the good work TS,MD and DA a cracking read and all very valid points.
Its laughable how the select few think they can talk down to everyone and we should bow down and accept it as given.Theres one of the gang strangely missing from the pack

As I've just pointed out on another thread, I see merit in debate from both sides of the fence but to state a select few are talking down to everyone when the most vociferous posts have come from the opinions you share is a bit misleading.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:50 - Mar 18 with 1800 viewsD_Alien

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:41 - Mar 18 by DorsetDale

As I've just pointed out on another thread, I see merit in debate from both sides of the fence but to state a select few are talking down to everyone when the most vociferous posts have come from the opinions you share is a bit misleading.

To paraphrase a saying that goes something along the lines of:

"No-one can be talked down to without their consent..."

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:04 - Mar 18 with 1761 viewsBrierls

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:29 - Mar 18 by aleanddale

Think briels and TS should draw a line...

Cross wires - deep frustration - mis interpretation call it what you want but we are all Dale fans and need to stick together.

11 games left for Keith to excite us!!!

I think TalkingSutty had plenty of opportunity to see it was crossed wires or misinterpretation, roccydaleiain even stepped in to tell him as much. I PM'd him to tell him as much. Instead he continued to make it personal, and thats not something that anybody should take on the chin and carry on regardless.

However I do think I should start afresh with 'briefs' as my new username. It appears there is a lot of twisted briefs on the messageboard at the moment.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:10 - Mar 18 with 1749 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:39 - Mar 18 by dingdangblue

Bournemouth and Brentford were getting near 10,000 crowds at this level and are both backed by multi millionaire sugar daddies. Apart from that..........lets go for it!!!!!!!

Nearer 3000 when in the lower reaches of L2, but never mind the facts eh.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:15 - Mar 18 with 1726 viewsJimmyRustler

Well if KH hasn't excited or entertained us recently then at least this thread has. I wondered why it had escalated to 12 pages in such a short space of time and now I know why..what a shitstorm! I'm of the opinion that any disagreement on here should be settled in a fashion not too dissimilar from Bum Fights, one of my favourite ever programs.

I was also under the impression that the majority of the more well known posters on here were all familiar to each other and pretty friendly but perhaps that isn't the case. I'm sure you'll be back to giving each other reacharounds soon enough.

Oh and BDM I'd also like your autograph.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:23 - Mar 18 with 1699 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:10 - Mar 18 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Thats why I said "at this level"??? Bournemouth got promoted averaging 9000 , Brentford 7700, both have had massive investment. Brentford are moving to a new 15000 stadium and have had 15million pumped in in less than 12 months.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-grateful-for-owners-15m-inves

We are nothing like them - maybe Crewe.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:31 - Mar 18 with 1679 viewsRosun

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:10 - Mar 18 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Bournemouth:
2489 JPT v Hereford 30/8/2011
5345 L1 V Rochdale 8/10/2011
5478 L1 v Scunthorpe 5/11/2011

Brentford:
3015 JPT v Bournemouth 8/11/2011
4907 L1 v Scunthorpe 15/10/2011
4919 L1 v Rochdale 24/3/2012

Forget the 4' P's marketing speak, I think this shows it's about the 4 'M's ... momentum, money, marketing & meat and potato pies. One of four 'aint bad.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:44 - Mar 18 with 1654 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:04 - Mar 18 by Brierls

I think TalkingSutty had plenty of opportunity to see it was crossed wires or misinterpretation, roccydaleiain even stepped in to tell him as much. I PM'd him to tell him as much. Instead he continued to make it personal, and thats not something that anybody should take on the chin and carry on regardless.

However I do think I should start afresh with 'briefs' as my new username. It appears there is a lot of twisted briefs on the messageboard at the moment.

Nor is he the wisest man who never proved himself a fool.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:52 - Mar 18 with 1637 viewspioneer

With home games coming up and the team coming off a great away win surely now is the time for yer man Keith to say "we are in the mix and we are going to do all we can to get in those play offs. Its team Rochdale so we need everyone, directors, management, players and supporters to unite as we try to take this club where it has never been before. We might not make it but we can have a hell of a lot of fun trying and what an achievement it would be if we do make it."

Be a refreshing contrast to him being bored and deflated and fans being over demanding.

Based on the number of points we already have the season will be seen as a success - just a matter now of how much of a success.

Might also be timely for the Chairman to come out with a similar statement - to be honest I am sick of hearing about him making his money from heating churches. I personally couldn't care less about his background, more interested in his ambition. Didn't we once have some sort of 5 year plan for reaching the championship? Maybe my memory is playing tricks (age) but that is the sort of talk we need from the leadership of the club.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:12 - Mar 18 with 1589 viewsaleanddale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:52 - Mar 18 by pioneer

With home games coming up and the team coming off a great away win surely now is the time for yer man Keith to say "we are in the mix and we are going to do all we can to get in those play offs. Its team Rochdale so we need everyone, directors, management, players and supporters to unite as we try to take this club where it has never been before. We might not make it but we can have a hell of a lot of fun trying and what an achievement it would be if we do make it."

Be a refreshing contrast to him being bored and deflated and fans being over demanding.

Based on the number of points we already have the season will be seen as a success - just a matter now of how much of a success.

Might also be timely for the Chairman to come out with a similar statement - to be honest I am sick of hearing about him making his money from heating churches. I personally couldn't care less about his background, more interested in his ambition. Didn't we once have some sort of 5 year plan for reaching the championship? Maybe my memory is playing tricks (age) but that is the sort of talk we need from the leadership of the club.

We did and that's a great post pioneer.

The next set of comments will be interesting with 2 months ans 11 games to go...

Especially as early bird ticket sales season is upon us!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:14 - Mar 18 with 1582 viewsaleanddale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:04 - Mar 18 by Brierls

Ha.

Edited for you briels.

Bloody I pad auto correct.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:26 - Mar 18 with 1557 viewsflyerdale

Time to move on and hopefully the manager has maybe taken note of the feelings of some of the supporter base (we know he reads this forum). Positive thoughts from now on and push forwards. Up The Dale
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:33 - Mar 18 with 1474 viewsaleanddale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:26 - Mar 18 by flyerdale

Time to move on and hopefully the manager has maybe taken note of the feelings of some of the supporter base (we know he reads this forum). Positive thoughts from now on and push forwards. Up The Dale

Exactly

Up the Dale people/ fellow fans!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:39 - Mar 18 with 1464 viewsmacro

As said above you can't link Bournemouth and brentford to dale, monied clubs.

Yeovil are our nearest In stature I reckon, the exact reason why going up this year would be a disaster - we'd go straight back down and then the danger is down again.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:55 - Mar 18 with 1428 viewsKenBoon

Don't come running to me crying if you try doing a wheely, fall off and die. SENSIBLE please. Know YOUR place, even though 91 other clubs don't.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:59 - Mar 18 with 1416 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:39 - Mar 18 by macro

As said above you can't link Bournemouth and brentford to dale, monied clubs.

Yeovil are our nearest In stature I reckon, the exact reason why going up this year would be a disaster - we'd go straight back down and then the danger is down again.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22499110

Even Yeovil averaged over 4000 at home. One thing I will say is you cant really compare this team to any other. I dont know what sort of side Yeovil had, I remember Paddy Madden and James Hayter up front but I don't know if they had a young team, if they sold players once promoted or lost players? If this Dale team does go on to challenge that 6th spot it will be very settled with so many players having played together for almost 2 seasons now. Will we ever be ready to get promoted to the Championship? Without wealthy backers I doubt it so we will have to do it with a brilliant manager, some brilliant players and a brilliant team spirit. I know Hilly fears we would be lambs to the slaughter going up too soon but how do you hold players back if they are good enough? We will just end up losing them all in the long run if we don't match their talent and ambition. 50 points on the board and 33 more to play for. Cant wait 😊.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:00 - Mar 18 with 1416 viewsNerazzurri

Whilst I agree that there is a danger we could do a Yeovil I don't think I could ever say that going up to The Championship would be a disaster. And I also agree that we may not be ready for it but who could turn down the opportunity to give it a go? We would arguably be the smallest club to have ever reached the second tier of English football and would most likely come back down but what an achievement it would be to get there and there is no guarantee we will ever be ready as a club for that level.

I'm also under no doubt that despite Hill playing down our chances (and that's all he's doing, he hasn't said we won't make it!) we are going out to win every game and see it as an opportunity to gatecrash the play offs.

Hill's comments don't bother me in the slightest, I'm only bothered about what's happening on the pitch to be honest. But I do agree that his comments, especially after the Crewe game were unnecessary and there is nothing to be gained from making those sorts of comments.

Let's face it, we're in a great position on and off the pitch. I never thought I'd see the day when Rochdale fans were arguing amongst themselves over promotion to The Championship.

Forza Nerazzurri

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024